CMO Lieutenant, Junior Grade Ren Tomesu

This is a Forum-Only Station. Do you have an inactive character that you want to write about? Is your character being transferred somewhere else, or fresh out of the Academy? This is where you write logs or start something creative with your fellow players either on Spacedock, orbiting Earth, or elsewhere in the STE universe.

Moderator: James Greenman

Ensign

CMO Lieutenant, Junior Grade Ren Tomesu

Postby Nick Beckwith » Sun Sep 28, 2014 12:35 pm

Medical Officer's Log, Stardate 11409.25

The Belligerent has been attacked. I have a number of people, including Captain Suder, in sickbay, as well as in a triage centre in a nearby quarters. The team, despite our lack of numbers, have performed admirably so far and we are on the way to successfully treating the majority of our injured crewmen. Most injuries are burns and cuts, although we have one or two broken bones.

My concern, however, is Captain Suder. Of course, this is not the first time I have treated the captain for injuries sustained in the line of duty, however I have to admit her injuries have been more severe than I have seen her recover from in the past. Naturally, it doesn't help that she herself has been a physician for a number of years, meaning I will be held entirely responsible for whatever scarring remains from her injuries, but initial actions to revive and treat her have been unsuccessful. If her condition continues I intend to treat her with chloromydride in order to restart her synaptic activity, as well as attempt to open her airway. In any case, our dermal regenerator is going to be very busy.

This log will continue shortly. Suder's condition has detoriated.

End log.
Last edited by Nick Beckwith on Sat Apr 11, 2015 7:51 am, edited 2 times in total.

Commander

Re: MED Ensign Ren Tomesu

Postby Aoibhe Ni » Sun Sep 28, 2014 12:54 pm

Poor Suder! You know she won't shut up about it if you leave a scar, right? Great first log, Nick. :)

Commander

Postby Einar S » Sun Sep 28, 2014 4:49 pm

good log Nick! Now kill her while you have the chance! no one will suspect
Captain Jonathan Rome
Commanding Officer
USS Hyperion

Commander

Postby Aoibhe Ni » Sun Sep 28, 2014 5:31 pm

:@

Ensign

Postby Nick Beckwith » Sun Oct 05, 2014 11:35 am

Medical Officer's Log, Stardate 11410.02

Computer, end log.

I have…

Captain Suder…..is

Computer, end log.

Captain Suder has not survived the attack on the Belligerent.

To lose a captain. To lose – to lose someone like Keshir Suder. One of the most respected commanders in Starfleet.

I’m responsible for the death of one of the most respected commanders in Starfleet. Despite repeated attempts to revive her, we – we just couldn’t bring her back. Her injuries were too severe.

I am – I am unsure. Unsure if I can continue as medical officer on the Belligerent. Unsure if I can even carry out her post mortem. Unsure if they’ll ever let me practice computer, end log.

Resume Medical Officer's Log, Stardate 11410.02

I will carry out the post mortem as soon as we are clear of the threat we currently face. A full report will follow then.

And, for the record, I want to know who did this. I want to know who killed our captain.

And I hope to god they don’t end up in my sickbay.

End log.

Commander

Postby Einar S » Sun Oct 05, 2014 12:45 pm

brilliant log Nick, very sad and well written
Captain Jonathan Rome
Commanding Officer
USS Hyperion

Commander

Postby Aoibhe Ni » Sun Oct 05, 2014 5:53 pm

He sure seems to be putting in a lot of effort to look sad about losing his captain, doesn't he? Pity he didn't put that much effort into trying to save her!!!

Ensign

Postby Nick Beckwith » Sun Oct 12, 2014 9:26 am

Medical Officer's Log, Stardate 11410.09

This will be my final log on board the U.S.S. Belligerent. Whilst our entire crew is about to be temporarily posted to the U.S.S. Bremen, I have requested that my assignment be permanent. The reason is simple.

I just can’t be in that sickbay any more.

The sight of Captain Suder taking her last breaths on that biobed will never leave me. And that’s not fair on the crew. Every time I look at anyone on there, all I see is – is…..her.

My reports are complete; all of the injured crew have been successfully treated. My post mortem…..on the captain…..shows multiple plasma burns and explosive-related trauma to both her head and thoracic areas. I have submitted my findings to Commander Jameson, and am currently preparing my equipment for transfer aboard the Bremen. Whether or not this is the panacea I hope it to be will only reveal itself in time. Something which they say heals everything.

My only remaining concern is what happens if it transpires that I am unable to carry out my duties even on the Bremen. And how on earth I will be able to handle counselling sessions. With any luck the Bremen’s counsellor will be telepathic; that way I don’t have to sit in that damn office of theirs. Heh. All those faux plush sofas and comfortable seats, all designed to help you “let it all out”.

Hopefully it won’t come to that. I have to remain positive and hope that this move will put my medical career back on track. There’s no way I could go back home. Not now.

Computer, end log.

Ensign

Postby Nick Beckwith » Sun Oct 19, 2014 10:07 am

Medical Officer's Log, Stardate 11410.16

I have now completed my transfer to the Bremen. The situation aboard the ship appears to have deteriorated rapidly; although their intentions look to have been honourable, our arrival seems to have to coincided with a full inventory of sickbay, judging by the organised chaos throughout the department. I guess it is up to us to clean up the mess and get everything ready for active duty as soon as possible.

Personally, I am pleased to report that, to date, I am holding up. In fact, I'm actually relishing the challenge of sorting out and finishing what my colleagues from the Belligerent have begun - pause -

Resume - I will update this log shortly. There has been an emergency in the holodeck.

End log.

Ensign

Postby Nick Beckwith » Sun Oct 26, 2014 9:38 am

Medical Officer's Log, Stardate 11410.23

It would appear that our situation aboard the Bremen has now been resolved. Our injury list has been very small and all of our patients, including Captain Griffiths, who sustained the most serious injuries, have been successfully treated.

It has been an interesting few days. The flashbacks to Captain Suder's death still occur at various intervals, however I have been actively using a number of mental techniques in order to try and keep them at bay. The ship's counselling database has been of tremendous assistance in the absence of a full-time counsellor, and one or two Vulcan meditation techniques have been particularly useful. I have to admit that, at first, I was anxious to treat anyone again. And the sight of Captain Griffiths on the biobed was probably the greatest challenge.

So, what prompted the change? I think it would have to be the legacy of potentially having two dead captains on my slate. That's a lot of red. So, against everything my body was screaming out to me, I had no option but to start treating him. I think seeing his vital signs start to improve was what helped the most. And seeing his injuries improve bit by bit showed that, just maybe, I was capable of continuing to serve on board. I must remember to buy that dermal regenerator a drink sometime.

And don't even ask me how I managed to keep the Captain in sickbay. He's a particularly stubborn human with an acerbic tongue. And, no doubt as with all commanding officers, a real disdain for medics. Probably because we're the only people on board who can tell him what to do at times. Personally, it's a responsibility I don't enjoy, mainly as the consequences are the scowls, sighs and sounds of exasperation we're inevitably on the receiving end of.

At least I now have the chance to get to grips with this sickbay and perhaps even stamp my mark in one or two places. We don't have a chief at the moment, so I'm hoping the command staff with allow me a little leeway in that respect. Who knows, it could be the chance I need.

Computer, end log.

Next

Return to Spacedock