"Skellig", Mission Arc #6

Forum for the U.S.S. Bremen, running every Thursday at 1900 UTC. Talk about your missions and your crewmates here, or feel free to post your logs for everyone to read.
Commander

"Skellig", Mission Arc #6

Postby Aoibhe Ni » Wed Aug 06, 2014 1:19 pm

"I am the last one, now", the message said through the static, "the last one left of a once great order... alone, I hold in my mind, in my hands, in my heart, the way of living passed down through the generations. If I die, the order dies with me..."
The signal crackled, faded and whined.
"I'm trying to clean it up, sir" Lt. Faroah said, tapping furiously at her console. The USS Regal had detected the probe on her sensors the previous day and had travelled with haste to its location. "I'm not sure what else I can get out of this, Captain" the Lt. continued after a few moments. "It's too corroded."
Captain Marks nodded his thanks briskly and turned to his Science officer. "Lenny, you got anything?"
"Scanning now, Captain... hm... OK..." came the reply from Science after a short interval. "Lemme check that again..."
As he worked, the message started up again...
I am the last one, now, the last one left of a once great order... alone, I hold in my mind, in my hands...
"...and our survey says... Vulcan, apparently", Lenny Doon turned in his chair and looked at Marks perplexed. "It's about 150 years old, sir. But definitely Vulcan in make-up.
...in my heart, the way of living passed down through the generations. If I die, the order dies with me...
Faroah scrunched up her nose as she thought. "He doesn't sound very logical for a Vulcan..."
Marks thought for a moment. "OK, we can't stay with this for long, we have the Ambassador to get to the conference... Extrapolate the probe's trajectory back to a possible point of origin, and pass it off to HQ."
...I am the last one, now, the last one left of a once great order...
Marks sighed heavily "This fella may have been the last of his order then, I doubt there's anyone left now..."

Commander

Re: "Skellig", Mission Arc #6

Postby Aoibhe Ni » Wed Aug 06, 2014 1:41 pm

Mission Orders
SD 11408.07

To: CO Griffiths, USS Bremen
Cc: XO Jameson

The USS Regal has picked up a faint signal from a probe, Captain. The Regal diverted from her course to intercept and discovered a 150 year old message probe of Vulcan origin, heavily damaged. They were able to pull part of a recorded message from the probe, but the rest of the data therein appears to have been ravaged by time and its progress through space.

Captain Marks has attached all the data his team managed to remove from the probe, including a molecular scan of the probe entire. He has also marked the exact location of the probe when the Regal intercepted it, and the point at which she first picked up the signal. Extrapolating back, we believe the probe originated from a Vulcan monastery long thought abandoned on one of the moons of Pollux III.

The monastery is said to have been abandoned for a better site closer to Vulcan itself. The partial message, attached, would lead us to believe that our record of events on the moon of Skellig are in some way inaccurate. As you are the closest ship to the Pollux system currently, you are tasked with investigating this ancient ruin.

Godspeed and good luck,
Admiral Elsbeth Bantree,
Starfleet HQ

Site Admin
That would be unwise

Character Name: Rhodri "Griff" Griffiths

Postby James Greenman » Thu Aug 07, 2014 7:15 pm

Mission Briefing, Stardate 11408.07

We've been ordered to rendezvous and pick up a probe of possible Vulcan origin that was found by the U.S.S. Regal, and from there to it's original launch point in the Pollux system from an ancient Vulcan monastery which was long thought abandoned. Once we've retrieved the probe, we'll be making our way to the moon of Skellig orbiting Pollux III - the location of the original monastery. The VUlcan government is sure to be interested in some deeper history to these ruins.

XO: Commander Jameson, prepare an away team to visit the surface and investigate the ruins and the possible launch site. Take an archaeological team down with you and setup some geophysical search areas, just the basic stuff for now will be sufficient.

TAC: Ensign, you're to accompany the Commander. I can't see the need for a full security team, but someone with their eyes and ear to the ground in case of hostile fauna would be smart.

SCI: Accompany the away team and start taking detailed scans and holographic images of the site, I'm sure we'll be getting pushed out of the way by some Vulcan scientists in short order so grab what we can.

CTO: Run some scans of the surface from orbit, see if you can map the area to assist the away team.

CEO: Tony, see what you can find out about this probe. Try not to damage it too much, the Vulcans can be stickers for breaking ancient artifacts.

OPS: Investigate the probe with Commander Adalberto, and begin work on decoding any data or any other messages that are contained within. See what you can decrypt and decipher.
Star Trek: Engage Game Manager

Game Director -Sigma Rho Station & U.S.S. Sentinel

Site Admin
That would be unwise

Postby James Greenman » Wed Aug 13, 2014 6:33 pm

Mission Briefing, Stardate 11408.13

It looks like there may have been some kind of airborne pathogen or spore contained within this probe which has been accidently released by Engineering team working on it. Main Engineering is currently on lockdown as it that entire deck, Quarantine procedures are in effect.

CEO: Tony, get your team somewhere safe, gather everyone on that deck in your location and put the probe behind a level 10 quarantine field. Nobody is to go near it, touch it, or even look at it for too long except for the Engineering and Science teams. Get what scans you can.

SCI: Ensign, begin running scans of that deck, see if you can analyse and remove whatever was released using the biofilters. Find out what it is and what it's going to do, and just how far it's spread.

CTO: Quarantine is in effect, Lieutenant. I want guards stationed at all exits from that deck and forcefields erected in all jefferies tubes. Also...work on a plan to reroute impulse plasma through all of the neural gel conduits on that deck. If the worst happens, I'd rather flush the entire deck with plasma than risk contaminating the rest of the ship.

OPS: Standard Quarantine procedures, get me a headcount for that deck and erect quarantine forcefields. Track everyone with the internal sensors and make sure nothing gets on or off that deck.

Site Admin
That would be unwise

Postby James Greenman » Thu Sep 04, 2014 1:23 pm

Mission Briefing, Stardate 11409.04

We're in a dangerous quarantine situation. Whatever pathogen or fungal infection has escaped from the probe, it's interfering with not only ship systems - allowing it to break containment - but it also seems to cause uncontrollable rage in any living being that becomes infected. We cannot let this escape, I will not let it infect anyone or anything else. The self destruct is our last line of defense, our final action - If we can't cure whatever this is, if the bridge crew becomes infected, then we can die safe in the knowledge that we contained it.

XO: Commander, quarantine is in effect. Restrict non-essential crew to quarters, lock down each deck with a security team in EVA and close all shuttlebays. Get me a map of the ship, show me how far this pathogen has spread, and begin organising teams to set up portable containment units.

SCI/CTO: I want a status report on the viability of your anti-fungal solution. Have a team standing by in environmental control ready to push it out through the air once it's complete. And Lieutenant Sumner, don't forget how the chain of command runs on the bridge in future.

OPS: Ensign, ensure that a quarantine warning goes out to all ships in the area, we're not to be approached. Any ships that do not heed this warning will be at risk of exposure, and will be treated as hostile. Make sure Starfleet knows of our position, then work with Commander Jameson to get me a map of the fungal spread across the ship.

CEO: Tony, we're doing everything we can. Hold on just a little longer, and with luck we'll have you out of there before you know it.

You have your orders, people. Let's get to work.

Return to U.S.S. Bremen