"The Fire" - Prologue, Mission Arc #‏‏4‏

Forum for the U.S.S. Bremen, running every Thursday at 1900 UTC. Talk about your missions and your crewmates here, or feel free to post your logs for everyone to read.
Commander

"The Fire" - Prologue, Mission Arc #‏‏4‏

Postby Aoibhe Ni » Thu Jun 05, 2014 10:34 am

A middle-aged man carried a lace-covered tray upon which stood a pot of steaming English Breakfast Tea, a bone china cup and saucer with the startfleet insignia painted daintly on the surface, a small milk jug with beads of condensation clinging to the sides, and a plate containing the most perfectly sliced wedge of victorian sponge possible.
He walked at a steady pace up to a door and pressed the chime. A frail female voice called out for him to enter, and be quick about it.

The door sighed open and he entered the workroom of Dr Taim Von Ubique. Dr. Von Ubique was sitting at her desk, her old body unable to stand while she worked these days. Her gnarled hands looked like a pile of twigs wrapped in papyrus but they remained nimble enough to manipulate the numbers and symbols on her console's horizontal screen.
"Just set it down on the writing desk, Cook, there's a good man."
Silently he complied, the cup and saucer rattling together a little as he rested them on the tablecloth.
She grimaced and stopped working. "Jedidiah!" Her old, age-spotted face peered out from beneath a shock of neat, snow white hair, "Please," she said, with exaggerated patience "I don't have time to listen to you rattling away back there, disturbing my thoughts. Do you have any idea how important all of this is!" She shook a boney arm at her console.
"I'm sorry, Doctor. I know it's important work," Cook replied calmly. He had this job as much due to his skills as a carer and assistant as for his patience with nagging, eccentric bosses. He smiled a little. "Perhaps you will feel fresher after tea, Doctor Von Ubique."
"Hang your replicated tea!" she huffed as nevertheless, she turned and started to arrange her limbs for the best chance of standing up first time. "And hang you," she added with some humour as she groaned and stood. "But I require tea, and that is all we have."
Cook helped her cross the short distance to the writing desk and eased her into her chair. Von Ubique was very particular about not eating at her desk. Centuries ago, on Earth, he knew, she used to go out to cafés and restaurants for her meals, then, as the years lengthened, the distance between work and food shortened. Now, there were barely a few feet between them.
"Have we heard from Starfleet yet, Jedidiah?" she asked, her fingers preoccupied with laying a napkin on her thin lap.
"Not yet, Doctor, no. I will remind them of the importance of your request." He poured a little milk into her cup, following it with some steaming tea.
She nodded with satisfaction and lifted the cup to her dessicated lips. "Be sure that you do." She hazarded a sip and swallowed with displeasure. "Ugh". She rested the offending cup on its saucer with barely a sound and looked at it as if it had offended her honour. "If we don't get a delivery soon, I'm not sure how long I will survive."

Commander

Mission Orders SD 11406.05

Postby Aoibhe Ni » Thu Jun 05, 2014 11:17 am

Mission Orders
SD 11406.05

To: CO Griffiths, USS Bremen
Cc: XO Jameson

Captain Griffiths, I hope your crew have recovered somewhat after the tragic death of a crew member. I, of course, extend my sympathies to you, Captain, and your crew at this difficult time.

However, despite the need to mourn that I am sure your crew still feels, we must show a brave face to the world and carry on. With this, we have a new mission for you.

Nehru, situated in the binary star system of the same name, has been a Federation member planet since 2378. It is known to be a peaceful planet, but recently, Captain there has been cause for concern as tensions there rise.
Our reports indicate that the two most powerful cities, both long-time centres of learning and science, have begun to jostle for more control. There are questions as to the legitimacy of a recent planet-wide election that saw Indira City come out with a majority.

Motilal City has requested an impartial arbiter to oversee an investigation.

In addition, an unusual request has reached my office, and I find you are in prime position to fulfil it. You are ordered to load a special package onto the Bremen and deliver it en route to Nehru, at Starbase 621, into the hands of Doctor Von Ubique. Von Ubique, you may already be aware, has written a lifetime of papers in all manner of fields including the physics of transwarp travel, 4-dimensional space time and relativity, and quantum warp field generation. She is currently working on what is rumoured to be her greatest project, a project which may well be her last. This package is a courtesy to her after a lifetime of dedicated research. Please send Starfleet Command's regards to her.

Godspeed and good luck,
Admiral Elsbeth Bantree,
Starfleet HQ

Site Admin
That would be unwise

Character Name: Rhodri "Griff" Griffiths

Re: "The Fire" - Prologue, Mission Arc #‏‏4‏

Postby James Greenman » Thu Jun 05, 2014 2:07 pm

Mission Briefing, Stardate 11406.05

We've been ordered to proceed to the Nehru system where the Federation colony there have been experience some political strife. The two largest cities, Motilal and Indira, have begun to jostle for more control over the planet's government and they have requested an impartial advisor to oversee an investigation into reports of possible vote tampering or subterfuge in the last elections.

We will be making one stop along the way at Starbase 621 where we've been asked to deliver a package to the venerated Doctor Von Ubique. While we're there we'll take on final supplies and perform a few final checks of ship systems. Unless ordered differently, feel free to use this time for personal projects.

XO: Commander, organise standard Alpha, Beta and Gamma shifts and pull up all of the information you can on the current political climate on Nehru Colony.

CTO: Lieutenant, have Starbase 621 run a diagnostic on the shield and phaser systems while we're there - I hear good things about their Engineering team.

CEO: Commander, please have Starbase 621 refuel our deuterium tanks and run a diagnostic on the Warp and impulse propulsion systems while we're docked.

SCI: Ensign, I want you to accompany me onto Starbase 621 to deliver the package personally. I believe you know something of Doctor Von Ubique's work, it'd be good to have a knowledgeable officer with me.
Star Trek: Engage Game Manager

Game Director -Sigma Rho Station & U.S.S. Sentinel

Site Admin
That would be unwise

Postby James Greenman » Thu Jun 12, 2014 7:14 pm

Mission Briefing, Stardate 11406.12

There appears to have been a bit of an accident over here, and one of the Doctor's devices activated. We're okay, everything seems operational on the station but I want a full status report.

XO: Commander, you're in charge of ship operations while I'm on board the Starbase. Get in touch with Station Ops and confirm they're okay and see if any other ships need assistance. Once the Department heads chime in I want a full report on ship status.

Department Chiefs: Begin running a level 5 diagnostic. Just because nothing untoward appears to have happened, it could have affected any number of systems.

OPS: Get in touch with Nehru and let them know we will be delayed slightly due to unforeseen circumstances.

SCI: We're going to speak with the Doctor and find out what exactly might have been done.

Site Admin
That would be unwise

Postby James Greenman » Tue Jun 17, 2014 5:06 pm

Mission Briefing, Stardate 11406.18

You're professionals, and you're Starfleet officers. A little bit of meddling in the timeline shouldn't be a big deal, so we need to keep our heads, keep calm and reverse whatever Doctor Von Ubique's device has done to the ship. Above all, keep us out of sensor range of anything and make no contact with anyone outside of the vessel. We're running dark on this one.

XO: Find yourself a seat, Commander. Then I want you to find out how the crew is handling this change, compile a list of possible personnel problems and see what we can do to mitigate any tension or unease.

CEO: Get our ship back up an running, Tony. Take non-essential systems offline, as long as we have life support, thrusters, impulse, deflectors and sensors we'll be able to sort this out.

SCI: Work on our chronaton detection unit, and see if you can start finding the cause and the extent of this time dilation we're experiencing.

CMO: Doctor, I want you to start running checks on the crew to make sure these fluctuations aren't affecting living tissue. Report any possible findings to me.

OPS: Lock down all outgoing communication from this ship except on my authority. We're running dark, but keep your ears to subspace and see if you can tap into any comm relays to see if there's any subspace chatter about this phenomenon outside of our vessel.

CTO/NAV: Find us somewhere to park, nice and quiet. We want to make as little ripple as possible in the past.

Site Admin
That would be unwise

Postby James Greenman » Thu Jul 03, 2014 2:06 pm

Mission Briefing, Stardate 11407.03

The Romulans of this Era likely have no idea what's going on, or what exactly they're getting in the way of - and if they did, I doubt they would care. Or goal is to get the Doctor, chase off the Romulans and return everything to its rightful place without further contamination of the timeline.

XO/CEO: Take no risks, stun settings only, grab the Doctor and her equipment and signal for a beamout as quickly as you can.

OPS: Keep a lock on the away team and prepare to beam them out as soon as they get in contact.

CTO/NAV: Evasive maneuvers and try to keep the Romulan vessel away from the station. Do not engage to destroy, we want as little interference in this timeline as possible. Weapons and shields only, force them to retreat.

CMO: Prepare for casualties. I doubt the Romulans left everyone else alone on that station.

SCI: Get ready to receive the Doctor and her equipment, set up in Engineering and see if we can get everything returned to normal.

Return to U.S.S. Bremen