OPS Ensign Rohan Mor

Forum for the U.S.S. Bremen, running every Thursday at 1900 UTC. Talk about your missions and your crewmates here, or feel free to post your logs for everyone to read.
Ensign

OPS Ensign Rohan Mor

Postby Dave Butler » Thu May 08, 2014 2:23 am

Stardate 11405.02

"Haha, well now that would suck, who the hell gets billeted with that thankless job?" Rohan thought to himself as he impatiently waits for the ship's computer to drily drone off the access code to his newly appointed crew quarters.

"I mean, you go through all this struggle and sacrifice to wear the uniform and you get stuck with THAT job, sodddd that haha" "Yo ho ho its not a pirate's life for him, that's for sure"

With a familiar woosh the doors to the crew quarters open, half surprising Rohan, who had quickly gone from impatient to well amused with himself and his little personal dialogue.

"Yo ho yo ho," he whistles with a slow and low drawl as he walks through the door. "Haha already forgot the entry code"

At first glance his new home away from home reminded him of his berthing back at the Academy. Impersonal and adorned with those kitschy paintings and table art that would be just as well suited to a second rate Ferengi trader as apparently it is for the crew of an Intrepid class starship. It didnt help that his rack mate had his own flavour of tacky shit strewn about whatever free surfaces remained.

"Siiiigh, well get used to it bru, this is life amongst the stars for ya" He says hush idly to himself

With a theatrical plop, he plants him squarely on his rack, staring up at the ceiling above.

After a few contended moments his mind begins to wander to that crewman who died a few hours before. That warm unwinding feeling of being off duty slowly turned to one of icy trepidation, his mind getting the better of him

I wonder what that poor fella was thinking before he fell asleep....Wonder if he was laying back admiring the same fine Federation art i was. How the hell does something so, so, so mundane JUST happen?? This is one of the finest ships in Starfleet, im told, and shit like this can JUST happen??? Bang out of order. He mustve killed himself, or someone had it in for him! There is NO way this shit just happens.

Looking up towards his own aeration vent, he shudders will fear. "Dont look at it mate, get some rest, this will all make sense tomorrow" He tells himself.

Looking to his right, towards his rackmate's empty bed he cheekily says out loud "Well buddy, lets hope you dont find me in the same sorry state of affairs when you get off shift, hehe" "God i sure hope not......."

As sleeps begins to take grip, taking one last look at that empty rack "...Maybe its you that has to tidy up the dead once we're done stinking up the place, friendo....ugh what a crap job............"

Commander
*I* put Baby in a corner!

Re: Cadet Rohan Mor

Postby C. J. Short » Thu May 08, 2014 3:09 am

A fun and interesting first log, Dave :)

Just to point out, the lapse after the first mission was about five minutes, so this log, as is, takes place a while after tomorrow's mission, which is fine. Welcome aboard :D
"As long as I have a want, I have a reason for living. Satisfaction is death." - George Bernard Shaw, Overruled

Commander

Postby Aoibhe Ni » Thu May 08, 2014 2:16 pm

Nice first log! :D
Kinda gives us an idea of what sort of officer Mór's gonna be, and I like it.

Ensign

Postby Dave Butler » Wed Jul 09, 2014 7:27 pm

Star Date 11407.09: First days back aboard the Bremen

It had been quite a few weeks since Rohan was last aboard his new ship. It seemed like a million years ago, and from the distinct change in mood aboard the Bremen, it may as well have been so. He certainly wasn't expecting anyone to give a fig about some raw cadet coming back aboard, but this, this was something different. It was as if something had sapped the life out of the crew. Everyone was going about their shifts, but there was no vigor or energy about them. Even his boisterous rackmate, Dmitri, was exhausted and withdrawn.

That little shit was clearly hiding something...The one time he shuts up is the time he should be forthcoming. Rohan could see right through that nonsense about a tough duty week. Standard days and one fire watch isnt gonna cut the mustard as an excuse, that's for sure....

Though his curiosity was thoroughly piqued Rohan didnt feel yet justified in asking any of his superior officers or crew chiefs what was amiss. He was sure that him being away at a Starfleet wide sporting conference was going to be seen as a free holiday and hardly mission critical business. Who was he, two days back, to start poking around. He decided to put his curiosity on a low boil and focus on learning the ropes aboard the Bremen. And anyways it was just a matter of time before Dmitri blurted something out,,, Rohan was sure of it.

Commander

Postby Einar S » Wed Jul 09, 2014 7:33 pm

get him drunk!

Good log Dave :)
Captain Jonathan Rome
Commanding Officer
USS Hyperion

Site Admin
That would be unwise

Character Name: Rhodri "Griff" Griffiths

Postby James Greenman » Wed Jul 09, 2014 7:35 pm

Nice, Dave! It's good to have Mister Mor back with us. :D
Star Trek: Engage Game Manager

Game Director -Sigma Rho Station & U.S.S. Sentinel

Commander

Postby Aoibhe Ni » Thu Jul 10, 2014 9:51 am

Hah, nice.
Tell me more about this mysteriously non-specific sporting event. I wonder if he was playing said sport at all...

Ensign

Postby Dave Butler » Wed Jul 16, 2014 8:42 pm

Site Admin
That would be unwise

Character Name: Rhodri "Griff" Griffiths

Postby James Greenman » Wed Jul 16, 2014 8:45 pm

Haha! Dave, that is one of the most creative logs I've seen, that is awesome!
Star Trek: Engage Game Manager

Game Director -Sigma Rho Station & U.S.S. Sentinel

Commander

Postby Aoibhe Ni » Wed Jul 16, 2014 9:39 pm

Oh my god, I love it.

Next

Return to U.S.S. Bremen