Captain Jonathan Rome

Forum for the U.S.S. Hyperion, running every Monday at 1900 UTC. Talk about your missions and your crewmates here, or feel free to post your logs for everyone to read.
Commander

Re: Captain Jonathan Rome

Postby Aoibhe Ni » Wed Oct 14, 2015 4:11 pm

What the hell is CJ up to?!?

Commander
*I* put Baby in a corner!

Postby C. J. Short » Wed Oct 14, 2015 4:41 pm

::cackles in the distance::
"As long as I have a want, I have a reason for living. Satisfaction is death." - George Bernard Shaw, Overruled

Commander

Captain Jonathan Rome 11510.19

Postby Einar S » Wed Oct 21, 2015 10:15 pm

With CJ as Adria.

The smell would have been the first thing he'd notice. The scent of grease and metal permeated the room, like some sort of garage, or engineering on one of those old freighters….not unlike the old reclamation plants he worked at as a young man.
Next would have been the light, burning through his closed eyelids as if he were facing the sunrise. There was no heat to warm his face, however; no warmth to the glow, the kind that made you feel alive.

Finally, he would have heard the whispers, and the gentle beeping of someone writing on a PADD. Wherever he was, he wasn't alone.
Jonathan struggled to open his eyes which eventually adjusted to the near blinding brilliance above him. At first he saw nothing but haloes but before too long his eyes registered lights above his head…four lights to be exact, fixed to a beam. They seemed to be constructed this way, indicating this setup was intentional.

Interrogation?

Next he felt the cold, and the wet. He was strapped to a cold metal surface, only wearing his standard issue trousers, and beneath him a puddle of sweat. From the smell, he had been pumped full of drugs shortly after…….the starbase, the young boy…the note. It all came rushing back to him. He tried to flex his jaw, feeling the throbbing pain as he did. He remembered fighting shadowy figures as he re-materialized somewhere…one was human, the other one…from the pain in his jaw he guessed either Hirogen or Klingon. Then nothing, then he was here.
And there was someone else in the room, he could hear the tapping and gentle whirs and beeps of a machine. Life support most likely, a PADD being typed on….echoes as water seemed to drip from somewhere behind him…perhaps his own sweat. He couldn’t see how far off the ground he was, but he knew he was trapped. He could not move his arms or legs. Shackled most likely.

Who had taken him?

He felt no cuts, no beatings other than the punch he had given with his face. No burns on his head….no mental probe. No it wasn’t Dixon’s style. Too dirty, too raw. Dixon preferred simplicity, clean, brutal. And Dixon didn’t travel on a freighter.
He could feel the vibrations, an unstable warp field, mostly due to enhanced speed but at the cost of subspace damage….the sound of pressure valves hammering against their cases, the smell of grease and coolant. This wasn’t a Starfleet vessel.
Then the tapping stopped. Whoever was in there with him moved.
“Jonathan Rome, Captain. Starfleet, United Federation of Planets. Service number D224Alpha669ZetaGamma221.” He said, repeating the numbers which would give him the status of PoW and protect him.
Soft footsteps, skin against metal, approached him from the left.
"I know who you are, Jonathan," said a familiar voice. Adria. "Captain of two legendary ships. Veteran of a score of battles and more. A man of extraordinary strength and vigor who has slowly been worn down by his service."
She came into view, blocking out part of the light. Her face was covered in darkness, but her eyes shone brightly. "I don't need to know who you are."
“Adria….” He pulled against his restraints, the image of her executing a Starfleet Officer burning in his mind. She just grinned as he lost the battle against manacles and relaxed, staring up at her “This old dog still has some tricks. Worn down? Don’t mistake experience for dullness”
Adria frowned softly, giving her head a slow shake.
"No no no; you misunderstand. I don't doubt your prowess, Jonathan. I'm simply making an observation," she explained. With a soft sigh, she leaned her hip against the table, looking down at him, bringing a hand to caress his cheek. "How many friends has your service cost you, hm? How many loved ones? Eva... hers was particularly hard on you, wasn't it?" She gave a sympathetic frown.
Jonathan flinched as she touched his cheek, “Don’t you dare mention her name” he spat back at her, his eyes ablaze with anger. He felt like he could rip loose of the manacles and strangle her. If only.
She only smiled, again with a sympathetic edge and patted his cheek. Then she draw a wicked looking dagger, the blade glinting in the light, and she tapped it lightly against his chest. Her eyes traveled down his exposed torso, examining his collection of scars.
"Another deep wound in a career of deep wounds," she mused. Slowly, she climbed up on the table, straddling his hips.
Jonathan squirmed as she pressed herself against him, while at the same time banishing his real thoughts.
She touched the dagger to the particularly garish one over his heart. "He gave you this one, didn't he? Dixon, I mean."
He felt the edge of the dagger against his chest, the old scar seemed to hurt all over again. Where he shot him, in full view of his old crew “He did."
She gave a slight nod, the blade dragging slowly across the skin.

"He works for Starfleet, you know. I'm sure you've heard that Section 31 is in the original Federation charter."
“Darling, it’s the worst kept secret in the whole Federation…”
She chewed her lip lightly in thought, tilting her head as she looked to him. "Do you wanna see the scars Starfleet gave me?" she asked.
“Is this where you take off your shirt and try and seduce me?”
Adria laughed softly, leaning back slightly, putting pressure on his groin. "Half right," she said, grabbing the hem of her shirt and lifting, exposing her chest, which indeed held a collection of scars and burns. Her reclined angle cause each to show in the light. She raised an arm and folded it behind her head, showing a small scar near her arm socket.
"This is where my pheromone glands were removed by Jolan the Butcher. I was 12 at the time, nearing womanhood, and my owners were afraid they might fall under my influence. So, they solved that little problem quickly."
“Oh I’m so sorry” he said sarcastically as he tried his best to ignore her bare skin. “But that’s not my problem”
Adria gave him a little smirk, tapping his shoulder with the knife.
"Did you know that Starfleet Intelligence knows enough about the Orion Syndicate's leadership to dismantle the organization overnight? No more little girls would be snipped and sold, raped and tortured. No more assassinations, no more illicit trade. An entire criminal enterprise wiped out in a matter of hours." She pushed the edge of the knife a little more firmly into his shoulder, though it didn't yet draw blood. "Do you know why they don't?"

“Because the Federation is not in the business of interrupting in internal affairs. We respect sovereignty, even if we don’t agree with the practices of your people..” I’m sorry. I’m so so sorry. That’s what he wanted to say. What he ached to say.
She offered a slightly rueful grin, leaning down slowly, pressing against him, her lips hovering inches from his.
"Because they're cowards," she whispered, before shoving the knife into the joint.
Jonathan screamed in agony as the blade cut deep into the shoulder, severing tendons and scraping bone. Blood began flowing out. He bit his lip as he saw the grin on her face, then thrust his head upwards, smacking his forehead against hers with all his might.

She tried to move out of the way, but only succeeding in getting her nose broken, green blood spilling onto Jonathan's face. She sat up, holding her nose, her shoulders bobbing slightly, though not with tears. Her laughter was muffled at first, then she lowered her hand, giggling as the blood ran down her lips and chin. She looked down at him, spitting more blood into his eyes and smearing it roughly with her free hand.
"Cowards!" she shouted. "Afraid of what might fill the power vacuum. No, no... the unknown is too scary for the mighty Federation. Better to keep the status quo. The horrible, evil status quo that sees little girls get their genitals mutilated, and their most dedicated officers stripped of their souls only to achieve nothing!" She gave the blade a twist before pulling it out of his shoulder as he screamed in agony, her crazed eyes staring down at him. Slowly, she calmed herself, wiping some of the blood from her face with her forearm.
"I'm going to pull them into the void, kicking and screaming," she said. "And you're going to watch."
Jonathan gritted his teeth, the pain in his shoulder threatening to overwhelm him “You don’t…..need….saviors!” he spat, tasting copper on his lips. “I never imagined you needed one….you don’t need anyone, you never have!”
Adria loosed another soft laugh, looking down at him, at the mess she'd made of him.
"Oh, it's far too late for me, Jonathan. This isn't for me, or for you. This is for the little boys and girls that haven't been broken yet. For everyone your precious Starfleet is content to let suffer in the name of consistency." She watched him quietly for a moment, before slowly sliding off the table, wiping away more of the blood as she stepped into the darkness.
"Alessia will see to your shoulder," she explained. "You're gonna wanna be healthy for what comes next."

“Why am I here? You know my codes will be changed as soon as Starfleet realizes I’ve gone missing. I’m useless to you”

"I told you," came her voice from the darkness. "You're here to witness."
Last edited by Einar S on Wed Oct 21, 2015 10:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Captain Jonathan Rome
Commanding Officer
USS Hyperion

Commander

Postby Aoibhe Ni » Wed Oct 21, 2015 10:37 pm

Holy crap!!!
Guys, please promise me, if they ever make a new show, promise you two will co-write a script. This is intense!

Commander

Postby Einar S » Fri Oct 23, 2015 11:28 am

Star Trek: The Final Generation !
Captain Jonathan Rome
Commanding Officer
USS Hyperion

Lieutenant

Postby Chris Esterhuyse » Sat Oct 24, 2015 6:25 am

I'll just sit here slack-jawed for a while.

Brilliant, absolutely brilliant. Looking forward to more revelations.
XO - Cmdr. Rojer Lyon - USS Hyperion

Commander

Captain Jonathan Rome 11511.02

Postby Einar S » Wed Nov 04, 2015 4:04 pm

He wasn't sure how long he had been here

But his body ached, his wrists and ankles chafed...his head throbbing from the constant lights and noise, which kept him in a perpetual cycle of half sleeps and vacant consciousness. But what hurt the most was not his shoulder, not that it didn't hurt. It did. But that wasn't it. It was the scar on his chest.

The reminder that again, his actions had landed him in the clutches of a psychopath, and it pained him. Because he knew what it meant. It meant he would die....he had been too lucky up to this point. Dixon had almost killed him, but let him go to play his sick game.....then he had almost died when the chip he had placed in his head had fried, after it had leaked every secret, every private moment to Section 31. Due to a miracle he had recovered. Thank you Lee.

But it wasn't to be. He would die now, but that didn't scare him. He deserved it. What did scare him was that he had over the years manipulated his crew to do whatever he asked, without questioning him, without faltering. To trust him, to have his back. Whatever.

And they would. No matter what. Because he had made them like that.

So they too would suffer now.

And that gutted him.
Captain Jonathan Rome
Commanding Officer
USS Hyperion

Lieutenant

Postby Andrew James » Wed Nov 04, 2015 4:09 pm

hahahahahahahHAHAHAHAHA ... er... I mean OH NO!

Commander

Postby Aoibhe Ni » Thu Nov 05, 2015 12:17 am

Great revelation at the end, Einar.
They're already doing exactly that.

Commander

Captain Jonathan Rome 11511.07

Postby Einar S » Sat Nov 07, 2015 11:30 pm

Warning - Graphic violent descriptions

With CJ as Adria

Time had become difficult to measure. The constant light and inconsistent sleep had eradicated any sense of rhythm; even the machine had become hard to follow, the beeps and whirs all starting to melt together.

Somewhere off to the side, a set of doors slid open, Adria's silhouette visible only briefly before they slid shut, shrouding her in darkness. Booted footsteps approached, as did a low metal scraping. He couldn't see her, but he could feel her, just beyond the edge of the light.
She set whatever she'd been dragging down, and she sat, her heavily booted legs entering the light, the rest of her staying in the darkness, save for a red glow which briefly illuminated her face. She loosed a slow sigh, a cloud of smoke billowing into the light, carrying a sickly sweet scent.
“Adria..” he almost didn’t hear his own voice, perhaps he no longer knew how to speak. “Smoking is bad for you..”
She gave a light chuckle, crossing one leg over the other.
"Hardly my worst vice," she said, taking another drag. "How's your shoulder?" she added, after losing another waft of smoke.
“Feels like a psychotic bitch stabbed it with a knife” he croaked, craning his neck to see her. “You said I’m here to watch….but I must say the ceiling is starting to lose its appeal”
She laughed again, leaning forward and suddenly getting to her feet, approaching the table.
"I didn't say you were here to watch. I said you were here to witness, and so you will." She gave a small sigh, nonchalantly extinguishing the small cigar on his chest, resulting in a anguished scream as the cigar burned through skin before finally going out. "Where did we leave off last time? Right, right; the whole rape thing," she mused, turning around and leaning against the table.
“Stop this….please”
"'Stop... please...'" she echoed, staring off into the darkness. She took a deep, shaky breath. "You're starting to understand. This is good." She turned to face him, slowly drawing the familiar dagger.
Jonathan glanced at the dagger, and the immediately flinched. “Adria, you don’t want to do this….hurting me won’t fix anything. It won’t lead to ANYTHING!”
Adria gave a somewhat sad smile before climbing up onto the table.
"You understand the pain, now," she said, pressing the tip of the blade gently against the flesh of his stomach. "Now you need to understand the terror. To know what's coming, and knowing there's nothing you can do to stop it." She stared at him, leaning forward slowly, pressing the dagger slowly into his gut.

“No…don’t…..no no no. Please….stop it…” he inhaled sharply as the blade cut into his stomach, piercing skin and drawing first blood. “Adria stop!”
She didn't, of course. She merely stared at him as the dagger slid further in, the wicked barbs tearing his insides as she steadily pressed it in to the hilt, her face expressionless amidst his cries of agony.
"Nothing," she growled, while stabbing him a second time, and then a third, blood flowing freely from his stomach.
He tried to speak but his throat felt wet as he choked on his own blood while tears blurred his vision. This was it.
She grabbed his jaw, her hand warm and wet with his blood. The doors opened but she held his attention.
"Death would be a release," she said softly. "But it won't come today." She slid off the table as the Farian girl, Alessia, began to tend to his wounds. Adria tapped him lightly on the forehead with the flat of her blade.

"We're going to do this again tomorrow," she said. "And the next day, and the next, until you fully understand what happened to me, what your Federation allows to happen... and why it must be punished," she finished with a hiss. She stared at him intently for a moment before melting back into the darkness, leaving him alone with Alessia to heal his wounds.
Captain Jonathan Rome
Commanding Officer
USS Hyperion

PreviousNext

Return to U.S.S. Hyperion