Zero Logs

Forum for the U.S.S. Hyperion, running every Monday at 1900 UTC. Talk about your missions and your crewmates here, or feel free to post your logs for everyone to read.
Commander

Re: Zero Logs

Postby Aoibhe Ni » Mon Aug 11, 2014 4:31 pm

That was a fantastic zero log, Babette.
Really impressive amount of research. Well done!

Lieutenant

OPS Cmdr. Lyon Zero Log

Postby Chris Esterhuyse » Thu Oct 09, 2014 10:21 pm

Rojer leaned into Ethan’s arms as he settled onto the couch. “You have your orders?” he asked, peering at the PADD his husband was holding. He felt the nod, more than saw it. “Salivating at the prospect of flying her?” Again the nod felt more than seen. He just grinned and peered at his own PADD with transfer orders to report to the USS Hyperion.

“Isn’t that where…” Ethan started.

“Yup,” his husband replied. “CTO if I’m not mistaken. I think she was TAC before she got promoted earlier this year.”

“Does that mean…?”

“Yup.”

“Oh, boy.”

Rojer chuckled. “I had the same reaction when I read the orders. Think we should tell her?” He felt the shake of Ethan’s head. “Didn’t think so. We’ll see if she knows about the assignments when we get there.”

“Are we happy about this?” Ethan wondered aloud.

“Why shouldn’t we be?” Rojer countered. “We have friends here, yes, but we’ve had friends on each of the ships we’ve served on over the last 15 years and before we even met. Will I miss some of them? Of course, and so will you. But as far as I’m concerned this is a step up. Neither of us want command, so why not get assigned to one of the ships in the fleet we haven’t yet served on?” He felt Ethan’s rumble of assent.

He sat up, looking into the eyes of the dark-haired man. “Love, tell me now if you don’t want to go.” They held the gaze for almost a solid minute before Ethan gave a wry smile.

“You know I want to,” he admitted. “And it will be good to serve with Joanne. Man, she is going to freak out, I just know it.” He gave an evil smile, matched by Rojer’s which disappeared rather suddenly as realization dawned.

“Oh, crud. Do you know how long it’s going to take us to pack up the last five years’ worth of accumulated crap?” He looked around their quarters; various mementos and artwork all over the walls and tables. He started to rise, only to be pulled back into his husband’s embrace.

“Leave it be, we can start worrying about it tomorrow. We need to arrange transport to have an ETD before I’m going to even contemplate packing.” He let go when Rojer wriggled loose again.

“Have you forgotten who you’re talking to? I’ve already done that, with the option to cancel if you said no. Babe, we’re leaving the day after tomorrow.” Rojer got up. “You begin taking the stuff off the walls, I need to arrange storage containers.” He walked over to the console on his desk and tapped a few keys. “Get up and get started. The minions will be here soon with the containers,” he urged as he headed for their bedroom to start packing up in there.

Ethan stared after his husband for a long moment before sighing, dropping his PADD on the couch and getting up. “You know me too well, love,” he said as he walked over to the bulkhead next to the door to take down the painting hanging there.

------------------

Two days later, with very little sleep and a raucous farewell party the night before, the two officers set off to their new assignment on board a transport. Ethan was convinced that their belongings took up half, if not more, of the cargo hold and voiced his opinion. Rojer just shook his head, pulled out a PADD and started studying the ship specs. His husband sighed, pulled out his own PADD and began his own studies of the propulsion and handling of their new home. Absentmindedly he reached over, took hold of Rojer’s hand and sat reading while his thumb idly stroked the palm of his husband’s hand.
Last edited by Chris Esterhuyse on Wed Oct 15, 2014 2:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
XO - Cmdr. Rojer Lyon - USS Hyperion

Commander

Postby Einar S » Thu Oct 09, 2014 10:35 pm

a great into log Chris :) Can't wait to get to know them both!
Captain Jonathan Rome
Commanding Officer
USS Hyperion

Commander

Postby Aoibhe Ni » Fri Oct 10, 2014 12:29 am

Finally! A relationship that can be called "stable"! I don't think we've had one of those yet. :)

Ensign

Postby Benjamin Daniels » Thu Feb 26, 2015 1:34 am

"10 days waiting for the Hyperion! You've got to be kidding me, where in the Universe could they be?" Ilus thought to himself. He had been sitting in the notoriousQuark's, running his thumbs over the rim of his scotch glass for hours. Was scotch legal to have on board? Probably not, but it had been a farewell gift from a Klingon named Hamlet, the Science officer on board The Sentinel. "I'm gonna miss that crazy klingon" he murmured.

He was no stranger too Deep Space 9, in fact he grew up roaming these very halls. As a young Bajoran boy, who's father worked in Security during the Great Dominion War, Ilus knew every nook and hiding spot there was to know onboard DS9. But after the first three days the nostalgia wore off and the once missed faces became all to familiar again. He was ready to get off this Cardassian built junk ring. He tapped his communicator with a sigh "Computer, what is the scheduled arrival time for The Hyperion?"
"The Hyperion has arrived, and will be departing in approximately 10 minutes and 36 seconds"
"What?!"
"The Hyperion has arrived, and will be departing in approximately 10 minutes and 32 seconds"
"I didn't mean that! Oh prophets!" Ilus sprang from his chair, knocking it to the ground with a crash. He bolted out of Quark's and made his way back to his quarters to gather his things. The fit Bajoran sprinted all the way down the corridors of the Habitat ring, "If I miss this assignment! So help me, I'm never drinking scotch again!" The door to his quarters slid open and he burst into the room. Grabbing his empty bags, he stuffed them full of his family memorabilia and everything he could think to grab.
"Oh! My knives!" Ilus stopped for a moment, took a breath and reached under his pillow, pulling out the two knives his father had taken from a Cardassian officer. He could still hear his father's voice "He gave his life so that we might live, remember that. It is much better a thing to die for something you believe in, then to die for nothing." Ilus nodded and put one into his belt and one into his boot. Grabbing his bags he made way for The Hyperion.
Cadet LIUD Rilu - U.S.S. Sentinel
Tactical

Commander

Postby Einar S » Thu Feb 26, 2015 12:16 pm

What's with all these knifes on my ship? ::sighs::

Welcome, great intro log Benji!
Captain Jonathan Rome
Commanding Officer
USS Hyperion

Commander
*I* put Baby in a corner!

Postby C. J. Short » Thu Feb 26, 2015 5:12 pm

Frankly, I think we need more knives. And a sword or two.
"As long as I have a want, I have a reason for living. Satisfaction is death." - George Bernard Shaw, Overruled

Lieutenant
Pezzley Snipes

Postby Andrew Rice » Thu Feb 26, 2015 6:05 pm

C. J. Short wrote:Frankly, I think we need more knives. And a sword or two.

Thank you CJ, i'm taking that as written consent.
Vincit Omnia Veritas - The truth conquers all things.

TAC - LtJG. Soule Douglas - USS Hyperion NCC-77989 / S.T.A.R. ECS
ENG - Lt. Ilaihr - USS Atlantis NCC-1021-D
CSO - LtJG. Hamlet - USS Sentinel NCC-79088

Commander
*I* put Baby in a corner!

Postby C. J. Short » Thu Feb 26, 2015 8:29 pm

Just remember that in-game actions have in-game consequences :P
"As long as I have a want, I have a reason for living. Satisfaction is death." - George Bernard Shaw, Overruled

Lieutenant
Pezzley Snipes

Postby Andrew Rice » Thu Feb 26, 2015 9:05 pm

I know. But I really like swords. I want one of those foldng telescopic ones Sulu had in the first reboot... in-game, real life.... whatever :p :allears:
Vincit Omnia Veritas - The truth conquers all things.

TAC - LtJG. Soule Douglas - USS Hyperion NCC-77989 / S.T.A.R. ECS
ENG - Lt. Ilaihr - USS Atlantis NCC-1021-D
CSO - LtJG. Hamlet - USS Sentinel NCC-79088

PreviousNext

Return to U.S.S. Hyperion