Zero Logs

Forum for the U.S.S. Hyperion, running every Monday at 1900 UTC. Talk about your missions and your crewmates here, or feel free to post your logs for everyone to read.
Commander

Re: Zero Logs

Postby Aoibhe Ni » Fri Feb 27, 2015 1:47 am

Great intro log, Benjamin.
Can't wait to meet our new engineer when I'm back next week. :)

Lieutenant JG

Postby Robert Wright » Mon May 18, 2015 7:08 pm

UNITED FEDERATION OF PLANETS

USS HYPERION: NCC-77989

Stardate: 11505.18

Ensign Elijah Stark - OPS U.S.S. HYPERION

Ares grunted as he scratched behind his ear with his rear paw, dislodging the fly that had landed there. The sun was nearly noon-high and bright blue shown through the stark white clouds. He laid his head back down on his front paws and continued to watch down the dry dirt road, waiting patiently.

Eventually, the dog’s ears twitched forward, familiar sounds slowly becoming clearer. He stood and trotted down the road as a familiar figure came into view, and his tail began to wag with excitement. Eli jogged to a stop a few feet from his dog and knelt down, scratching and ruffling his fur. “Hey boy, you been waiting long?” Ares snorted and licked his masters’ face, prompting a sputtering “yeach!”.

Eli stood and jogged up the dirt road, Ares followed close behind. The road eventually ended, giving way to a pristine, well groomed yard behind a century’s old farmhouse that looked like it had been frozen in time. As he trotted up to the house, the door swung open, a woman in her 50’s ushered the dog inside. Eli stopped at the foot of the steps, locking eyes with his mother. “You’re up early.”

“There’s a rumor my sons leaving the planet, so I thought I’d get an early start.”

Eli chuckled, his mother always was a bit of a smart-ass, something she claimed he had inherited from her. He gave her a peck on the cheek as he jogged in and up the stairs to the shower. After washing he laid his uniform out on the bed, careful to not get a wrinkle in it. He stared at it for a moment, hard to believe he’d finally made it through the academy. The moment passed an he dress, then checked his luggage, prepping the sensor tags for transport.
As he trotted downstairs, he smelt coffee brewing and walked into the kitchen, taking the cup his mother held out. He leaned on the bar, sipping the hot brew and bracing for what he knew was inevitably next.

“Did you say goodbye to you father?”

Eli sighed in spite of himself and his mother got her usual look whenever they broached the subject. “I called, he was in a meeting, and I left a message.” He took another gulp of his coffee, too large a drink for how hot it was, and had to fight to prevent a cough. Lynn sighed and shook her head disapprovingly. “He’s your father Elijah; he cares about you regardless of your differences. You need to talk to him before you leave. Promise me you will.” Lynn’s tone had gone from pleading to demanding, and Eli knew he had lost the argument before it had begun.

“I’ll try.”

Lynn gave her son a stern look. “I’ll try!” Eli insisted, shaking his head. The alarm on his chronometer provided a blessed release from the interrogation, and he drained his cup, setting it down on the counter. At the door, he gave his mother a final hug goodbye, and walked out to the front yard with Ares. He scratched the dog behind the ears one last time, and then tapped the combadge on his chest. As the transporter effect took hold, he caught one last glimpse of home before disappearing.

Ares, sniffed where his master had been only seconds ago, then trotted back up to the porch, turned towards the empty yard, and laid down, his head on his paws…waiting patiently.

Commander

Postby Einar S » Mon May 18, 2015 9:35 pm

brilliant. just brilliant
Captain Jonathan Rome
Commanding Officer
USS Hyperion

Site Admin
That would be unwise

Character Name: Rhodri "Griff" Griffiths

Postby James Greenman » Thu May 21, 2015 3:23 pm

Great to see you back, Rob. Fantastic log! :dance:
Star Trek: Engage Game Manager

Game Director -Sigma Rho Station & U.S.S. Sentinel

Lieutenant

Postby Chris Esterhuyse » Fri May 22, 2015 1:33 pm

Great one - I can't wait to find out more behind the "thing" with dad.
XO - Cmdr. Rojer Lyon - USS Hyperion

Previous

Return to U.S.S. Hyperion