TAC Lieutenant JG Soule Douglas

Forum for the U.S.S. Hyperion, running every Monday at 1900 UTC. Talk about your missions and your crewmates here, or feel free to post your logs for everyone to read.
Commander

Re: TAC Lieutenant Junior Grade Soule Douglas

Postby Einar S » Thu Oct 08, 2015 9:39 am

great log Andrew!
Captain Jonathan Rome
Commanding Officer
USS Hyperion

Lieutenant
Pezzley Snipes

Postby Andrew Rice » Fri Oct 09, 2015 7:09 am

Vincit Omnia Veritas - The truth conquers all things.

TAC - LtJG. Soule Douglas - USS Hyperion NCC-77989 / S.T.A.R. ECS
ENG - Lt. Ilaihr - USS Atlantis NCC-1021-D
CSO - LtJG. Hamlet - USS Sentinel NCC-79088

Lieutenant
Pezzley Snipes

Postby Andrew Rice » Fri Oct 09, 2015 7:09 am

Lieutenant
Pezzley Snipes

Postby Andrew Rice » Sat Oct 17, 2015 4:41 am

(Placeholder)

Lieutenant
Pezzley Snipes

Homecoming

Postby Andrew Rice » Sat Oct 17, 2015 5:13 am

With Izzy and Soule

As Soule looked around the bridge, he noted that people had finally stopped looking at him and Izzy for what had gone on earlier. He was a little embarrassed thinking back on it, but he didn't really mind it. Lyon was in the ready room, and Soule didn't want to wait anymore to hold Izzy again. He walked towards the turbolift, squeezing her hand as he passed her, and smiling.

Isabelle giddily returned Soule's smile and took his hand. She half expected someone to say something as they left the Bridge, but they were too engrossed in their work. Besides which, she’d waited three weeks for Soule to return... She found it impossible to hold off being with him any longer. She stepped into the turbolift beside him, barely waiting for the door to swish closed before wrapping him in a passionate embrace.
“Welcome home.” She whispered, happy tears in her eyes.

He held her tight and swayed side to side, resting his head on hers. He looked down at her, stroking her cheek and running his hand through her luxuriant chesnut hair, tickling the tip of her nose with his. "Oh Izzy... I missed you so much."

She settled into his arms, just gazing into his face and realising just how much she’d missed his embrace while he was gone. “It is so good to have you back. I.. um, how are you? How did it go?” She asked, finding it hard to hold the questions back. “We.. should probably find a better place to talk,” she grinned at him.

He grimaced a little, trying not to think too much about the mission. "I did things I never thought I'd do for Starfleet. But..." He nuzzled at her lovingly. "None of it's important, now that I'm here with you." He gently kissed her, savouring the touch of her soft lips.

"Yeah... we should find somewhere. I uhhh... I havent been home yet..."

“At least it’s over now. “ She said gently, returning the kiss. She knew that it might take time for him to process through everything that had happened; thinking of Feyna’s cane, and the fact that Rome wasn’t back yet. “I missed you every day you were gone.” She brushed her hand through his hair, looking into his eyes, and just enjoying his touch.
“We can go to your quarters if you want, lead the way...”

Soule instructed the computer to take them to the deck his quarters were located on. "I know we're sorta still on duty, but I just want to steal you away for a little bit. And..." He chuckled. "I don't think I've ever taken you to my quarters... I hope the twins haven't trashed it."

“I’m sure it’s not that bad.. couldn’t be worse than my Academy quarters during senior finals week..” She grinned, winking at him. “Besides, I’m happy to be stolen away. There’s not much going on in sickbay at the moment anyway, with all of the Teffens gone.”

It wasn't long before the turbolift reached it's destination, and the doors swished open to a quiet and empty corridor. "I hope so... although this deck does look like a ghost town... I'm hoping this isn't their doing." Soule replied humorously, with a cheeky grin.

He took her hand enchantedly, swinging them to and fro. "I'm glad." He smiled. "People are well, things are quiet and you are stolen."

She smiled broadly, not minding the emptiness at all. “I think we’re just not used to being on the residential decks in the middle of the day.. This is a nice change of pace.”

"It is a nice change of pace."

As they left the turbolift and walked through the corridor, Soule almost had a skip in his step. He kept looking down to his side and seeing Izzy there, holding his hand; a sight that he had thought about for weeks. They eventually got to his quarters; Soule hesitated at the door thinking about knocking or ringing the buzzer, utterly forgetting they were his quarters.

“Are the twins home? They should be happy to see you.” She nuzzled his arm as she waited for him to open the door.

Soule finally clocked on, the idea of home still being strange to him, and opened the door. He poked his head in and looked around; it was tidy and quiet... too tidy and quiet. Although subtly, everything had been moved approximately an inch in various directions. It was imperceptible to most people; but his eye never lies. He scowled.

"Sasha! Mordecai!" He called, waiting for one of them to inevitably scream back. There was no response. "Kids!" He frowned a little; silence was golden... but he was looking forward to seeing them. "I guess they're out..."

He turned to Izzy and smiled, but was noticeably a little sad the twins weren't in. "Come in. Make yourself at home. Would you like a drink? A tea perhaps?"

Isabelle looked around the room, amazed at how tidy it was, given that the two teenagers lived here… “I like your place, it looks very comfortable.” She said, admiring the artwork and weapons on the walls.

“I’d love some tea.” She smiled at Soule and took a seat on the sofa, watching him as he moved over to the replicator.

"Thank you. I'm actually really surprised." He chuckled. "I thought the blast radius of whatever went off in their rooms, might have spilt over into the living room; but the doors seem to have held."

As the approached the replicator, he looked around the little cabinet next it and started shaking his head. "It does seem that one of them has pinched my teapot though." He clasped his hand dramatically for their treachery, before looking back to Izzy as if he wasn't a bit weird. "How would you like it?”

She giggled. “Maybe it’s in one of their rooms, under the piles of stuff that aren’t in the living room…”

“Milk and honey, please.”

Soule input the order and in a flash, appeared two dark cups of fair coloured tea. Whilst looking identical, it only took a slight whiff to tell which one was Izzy's. He picked them up and plodded over to the sofa, leading with Izzy's cup in his left hand. "Next time you're here I'll have dug it up, cleaned it thoroughly, and I can make you proper cup of Rosey Lee."

“Mmm, Thank you.” She took the cup as he handed it to her, savouring the hot tea, which had just the right touch of milk and honey. “I’d like that. I’ve never quite mastered the art of brewing tea, but I enjoy a good cup once in a while. Especially when there’s someone to share it with.” She sighed happily, leaning against Soule as he settled into the sofa.

"Your welcome." He smiled, as he relaxed next to her. "I'm not sure where I learnt it, or whether it's just an integral part of beimg English." He too sighed happily as he got comfortable; but started to get a complex wash of emotions roll over him. He placed his hand on her knee, closed his eyes and rested his head on her shoulder, just trying to forget what came before. "I'm so glad this isn't a dream."

“Me too...” She said, resting her head on his. With him back, it felt like an essential part of her which had been missing was now restored. But she couldn’t help but notice the look in his eyes earlier when she asked him about the mission. “It must have been a long journey. You.. went through a lot, didn’t you?“

"Starfleet isn't the same as I remember it as a boy, things have changed... somethings broken." He squeezed her tight. "I... I didn't do anything I haven't done before, but... I wasn't in Starfleet then." He winced, he was uncomfortable letting her into his darkest parts, and only just coming home he didn't want to be upsetting. "I just kept thinking about you, to get me through it."

He took a sip of his tea and sighed. "I'm sorry I didn't see you sooner. I just... snuck in during the night and got back to work. On the way home I imagined slipping into bed behind you, cuddling up, and pretending that I never left..." He deflated, and stared off into the distance for a moment.

She put her arms around him, holding him close to her. “It’s all right, I was just very relieved to see you on the bridge earlier.” She said, giving him a tender kiss. “Although I’d have loved it if you had.. your side of the bed has been so empty these past few weeks..” she said wistfully.

She brushed the side of his cheek, looking into his eyes, trying to comfort him.. wondering just what Starfleet had ordered them to do. “I’m glad it’s all over; I think it reflects well on you that you can see where the system is broken. I’d worry more if you weren’t bothered by it..“

"I have a side of the bed?" He gave a really surprised smile. "I have a side of the bed." He replied to himself, before returning the kiss. "I wish we weren't in between shifts... a cuddle in bed would be nice."

He placed his hand on hers, and looked back into her eyes. "I know now what I want to do with my career."

"Me too, it does sound really nice.. “ she grinned, kissing him. “We’ll have to take a rain check on that for later.. “ She winked at him.

“You do? What is that?” she asked, curious.

He chuckled blushing a little. "I look forward to it."

"I need to stop kidding around though. I need to start making an example, instead of being made of one all the time." He squeezed her hand. "With everything that's happened... and... well... you... make me want to be a better person."

She blushed, and fell speechless for a moment, nearly moved to tears for the second time that day. “Soule…I.. I’m touched, thank you.” She entwined her fingers in his, squeezing his hand back.
“I think if what you said earlier is any indication, you’re well on your way.. not that you weren’t a good person to begin with.” She smiled, kissing him on the tip of his nose. “I love you, I’m so lucky to have you.”

"I'm the lucky one, my love." He sighed happily. "I'm the lucky one... and I wont ever forget it." He gazed into her piercing blue eyes; able to clearly see his future with her within them.

“Oh..my Imzadi..” She whispered, completely enraptured by him. A wave of joy washed over her, and she drew him close into a passionate kiss.

Suddenly, bursting through the door rode Vitro, standing valiantly atop a wheelchair, his hands raised high. "And the Hologram pipped it at the finish line..." It didn't take him long to notice Izzy and Soule. "Oh... ehem... Isabelle." He nodded awkwardly. "Soule. You're back!" He was almost shocked at his own poor timing.

Moments later Mordecai rolled in, puffing and panting, shortly followed by Sasha in a similar state.
"No fair you rat bastard photonic... you used you legs!" Mordy protested, before turning around to see his brother. "Oh hey. You're back."
"Soule!" Sasha dashed out of the wheelchair towards Soule and Izzy. "You're back!"

Soule just stared at Izzy, very confused and smiled. "I'm home."

Isabelle blushed as the three of them burst through the door and grinned sheepishly at them. “Hi Vee, Hey Sasha and Mordi.. Good to see you guys.”
She turned to Soule and smiled back, her eyes shining; giving him a peck on the cheek.
“You’re home..”

Commander

Postby Einar S » Sat Oct 17, 2015 9:04 pm

fantastic :) really love it, and I'm curious about that Soule plans to do with his career !
Captain Jonathan Rome
Commanding Officer
USS Hyperion

Commander

Postby Aoibhe Ni » Mon Oct 19, 2015 11:39 pm

Aaaaw, very sweet.
I'm curious too. Is he actually gonna try to behave himself on duty?!?

Lieutenant
Pezzley Snipes

Always A Good Time For Tea

Postby Andrew Rice » Tue Oct 27, 2015 10:48 pm

With Niamh and Soule

Niamh stood looking pensively out the briefing room window as the stars whisked by like fireflies in a storm. Her hands were clasped behind her back and her breathing was slow and even. She had retreated here to think after a barrage of questions from the bridge crew. Her outburst moments ago had cost her her privacy and now they all knew about her pregnancy. It'd only take a few minutes for the news to spread to every corner of the ship.
"Crap." She said aloud.

The bridge was rife with whispers and people chittering to each other, and Soule had sat there quietly for quite some time listening to it all, before enough was enough. He stood up, clasped his fingers into his mouth, and let out a piercing whistle. "Right... that's enough gossip. Get back to work! Before I start volunteering people for Mr. Vitro's intensive training sessions for the next month!"

Everyone slunk away, back into their work; although there was the odd look being thrown around. Soule walked over to the replicator and grabbed a cup of tea, before approaching the briefing room door and knocking gently.

"Come!" She called, annoyed that the bridge was apparently incapable of looking after itself for five goddamn minutes. The Hyperion was travelling in Federation space, in undisputed territory, in a straight line. What could possibly have gone wrong?

Soule poked his head through the door, and smiled, either because of or despite the stern gaze he got from Danann. "I thought you may want a cup of tea commander..." He held up the cup to her as he slowly approached.

Danann surveyed him with surprise. It was unlike Douglas to approach a situation with anything even resembling tact. "That sounds... really good."
She arched an eyebrow suspiciously. "You drew the short straw, huh?"

He placed the cup and saucer on the table, and slid them over to her, before going to the replicator to fetch himself one. "Not at all. I yelled at everyone, threatened them with a month of gruelling training sessions with Vitro." He smiled as he stood by the window, and too stared at the passing stars. "Just thought you could do with a cup of tea."

She smiled towards his reflection at her side in the transparent aluminium. "Thanks."
The tea smelt good, the cup warm in her hands and Soule's presence beside her was oddly comforting. She took a sip. "I went a bit crazy out there."

"Yes you did. But that's ok; crazy helps around here." He took a long sip of his tea, and grinned. "How are you feeling now?"

She hummed with noncommitment.
"Officially... busy with paperwork. Unofficially... " she turned her head in his direction. "I wouldn't mind finding a good hiding place right now." She sighed and took a mouthful of tea. "It's not coffee... But it's good."

"It's funny, you know... I assumed everyone knew already."

"I understand. There are a few 'sweet spots' in the lower decks, where the gravity flips to the ceiling; few people go down there. And there's always the holodeck; Vitro basically runs holodeck two and he's very accommodating." He smiled. "And I'm glad you like it."

He turned to face her. "People may have had their suspicions... but it's neither mine nor their business. I'm sorry you blurted it out when you probably didn't want to."

She shrugged and cradled her cup. "Not like I could have hidden it much longer. Uniform's getting tight."
She smirked into the silence and let it hang for a while.
Then she spoke softly, like she was telling a secret. "I've been thinking about her future, and the type of world she'll grow up in. With two parents on starships, she'll be a Starfleet brat for sure... Go to the Academy, blah blah blah. It'll just be the natural thing to do." She paused and observed Douglas with his implants and scars, suddenly curious. "Why did you join?"

He puffed and sighed pensively, pondering her question. "Y'know... I've thought about that alot recently; over these last few months." He cupped his hands around his tea, and stared up at the ceiling.

"My parents were Starfleet officers... on the USS Dawn. Dad was the Chief Engineer, Mum was the First Officer. They were killed during the Dominion War. Betazed was occupied. I saw... countless people die, whilst my brother and sisters and I lived like urchins under a razed building..." He clenched is left fist. "Everyone knows how that went... and I could probably leave it there..."

"Sounds tough." She replied simply, having known something of how he survived from her own experiences.
"I joined for the food." It was an over simplification of her real, complex reasons, but that's what it came down to. Starfleet, for her, meant never going hungry again. It meant never being alone, or scared or helpless.

She took a great big mouthful of tea and turned and rested the dainty cup on its matching saucer.
"That hit the spot. Trust an Englishman to make good tea."

"That is what we do best... besides having a stiff upper lip." He chuckled lightly, still thinking on why he joined, before gently resting his cup down.

"The truth of it all though... is that I did things before Starfleet. I ran away after the war and I didnt see another Human being... for a decade. In that time I was highly trained, disciplined and actually respected; and my master encouraged me to join Starfleet. When he died... well... I spent the next couple of years seeing the absolute worst the galaxy had to offer, before I found my way home."

He sighed. "Thats when I became the person everyone knows and hates. I'd forgotten who I was." He placed his hand on the table, almost as if to brace himself. "But I remember now... who I am, what I stand for, why I joined."

"Nobody hates you." She corrected. "Not like... Hate hate. You're not Dixon." She added for good measure. "You're a good man."

He threw a suprised smile. "Thank you commander." He stared back out towards the stars, with a determined look on his face. "So the answer to your question..."

The silence hung for a moment, before he turned back, the same look on his face. "Starfleet is broken, Irish. The council's reaction to what we did on Tefoy, an acute symptom of a much bigger disease. I joined Starfleet because I wanted to save people... I fight so others don't have to. Yet there are tyrants inflicting atrocities upon women and children all over the quadrant. And it needs to stop..."

"You'll get no argument here." She folded her arms defensively, recalling some of the more dangerous moments of her own girlhood. She blinked away the memories.
"We just have to keep our wits about us while everything settles after the war. And do our jobs. Things will get better. They always do."
She even managed to convince herself.

"This has been building since before the war; you've even been at the sharp end of the stick. Like Adria... it is not a coincidence that it is always us dealing with her, or cleaning up her mess."
"No, that's cause she has the hots for Captain Rome, or because he encourages her, or I dunno... that's just an unhealthy relationship any way you slice it."

"Hm. Maybe... but it's going to take more than just our wits. We are all going to need each other, instead of being at each other's throats all the time, to get through what is to come; whatever that may be." He lifted his eyebrow at her almost accusingly, aware that she had had another falling out with Lyon. "Otherwise what it means to be Starfleet will be bastardised right before our eyes."

She looked at him with discomfort. "God, if you came in here to cheer me up, you're doing a bang up job, Lieutenant."

"A good crew is like a well oiled machine; it works, and it gets the job done. A great crew is like a family; and they can do extraordinary things, because anything is possible." He looked down at her stomach briefly, before smiling at her. "Perhaps that is a sign that, that is what Hyperion should be."

"And..." He said pointedly, with a very serious and sincere face. "You're gonna make a great mum, Commander."

Niamh stared out the window with determined attention. "Yea..." She responded, her tone flat.
Sensing that he may have just been incredibly awkward, Soule cleared up the cups, taking them to the replicator for recycling; dematerialising them in a flash.
"I thought I should say that; in case you think otherwise." He added, clearing his throat. "Because you will be a great mum, and your daughter will grow up proud of you."

Commander Danann bit the inside of her mouth. "One crisis at a time, yea?" She turned at the waist, eyeing the door back to the bridge. "Let's focus on getting the Captain home first."

Commander

Postby Einar S » Wed Oct 28, 2015 12:08 am

that was a very sweet and thought provoking log, I really enjoyed it :)
Captain Jonathan Rome
Commanding Officer
USS Hyperion

Lieutenant
Pezzley Snipes

Postby Andrew Rice » Thu Nov 05, 2015 9:04 pm

PreviousNext

Return to U.S.S. Hyperion