TAC Lieutenant JG Soule Douglas

Forum for the U.S.S. Hyperion, running every Monday at 1900 UTC. Talk about your missions and your crewmates here, or feel free to post your logs for everyone to read.
Lieutenant
Pezzley Snipes

Re: TAC Lieutenant Junior Grade Soule Douglas

Postby Andrew Rice » Mon Aug 03, 2015 6:59 pm

Vincit Omnia Veritas - The truth conquers all things.

TAC - LtJG. Soule Douglas - USS Hyperion NCC-77989 / S.T.A.R. ECS
ENG - Lt. Ilaihr - USS Atlantis NCC-1021-D
CSO - LtJG. Hamlet - USS Sentinel NCC-79088

Lieutenant
Pezzley Snipes

Postby Andrew Rice » Mon Aug 03, 2015 6:59 pm

Lieutenant
Pezzley Snipes

Postby Andrew Rice » Mon Aug 03, 2015 7:00 pm

Lieutenant
Pezzley Snipes

The Big Chair

Postby Andrew Rice » Mon Aug 31, 2015 6:37 pm

Soule sat there in the Captain's chair, continuing to stare out through the viewscreen at the planet below. The chair was comfortable; too comfortable, and familiar. There was a tug at Soule's stomach, emotions and memories welled up inside him; his anger at the planet below, the upcoming mission, and the last time he sat in a captain's chair.

The bridge darkened around him, all the panels and consoles and lights becoming red. His familar blue Starfleet uniform was replaced by grey Klingon armour, his hair was longer and his short beard no longer existed. There were cuts and bruises, and dirt burned into his face. An alarm was blaring as the ship rocked under fire, consoles sparked and plasma fires raged.

"SIR!" A scream called over the chorus of noise. "Our shields are down to 15 percent; the Breen's are holding at around 53 percent."
"Keep firing. Focus on the central section! SPLIT THAT SHIP IN HALF." Soule ordered back.
"But what about the shields?"
"Redirect all remaining reserve power to the forward shields and set a collision course."
All eyes on the bridge turned to Soule, shock and fear carved into their faces.
"Today is a good day to die! But I dont intend to die by these bloodless bastards! Not now. Not today. COLLISION COURSE!"

There was a roaring explosion.

Soule stood up, startled, gasping for air as he looked around the bridge. The navigation officer swivelled around in her chair, and stared at him.

"Are you ok lieutenant?"
Soule hesitated to answer. He wiped sweat from his brow, and stared back out of the viewscreen. "As you were ensign. It's nothing." He stepped forward and stood at attention in the command circle. "I'm not ready to sit in the chair yet." He whispered to himself.

Site Admin
That would be unwise

Character Name: Rhodri "Griff" Griffiths

Postby James Greenman » Mon Aug 31, 2015 6:47 pm

Interesting log, Andrew. What battle was that from?
Star Trek: Engage Game Manager

Game Director -Sigma Rho Station & U.S.S. Sentinel

Lieutenant
Pezzley Snipes

Postby Andrew Rice » Mon Aug 31, 2015 7:29 pm

Lieutenant
Pezzley Snipes

Postby Andrew Rice » Sat Sep 26, 2015 6:42 pm

Lieutenant
Pezzley Snipes

Incited Revolution

Postby Andrew Rice » Mon Oct 05, 2015 5:32 pm

With Soule and Rojer

Soule paused for a short while, watching what he'd said to Lyon sink in before speaking again. "Adria is mixed right into this somewhere, sir. Graffiti tags have been cropping up in the ghettos ever since this revolution began; a green fist and silver flames. This plague was engineered, and I'm starting to think this uprising was as well... and I am certain it is her."

Rojer glowered. "Soule, you had better be very sure about this. How did the tags lead your thinking to that... woman? The plague being engineered, yes. The uprising planned, sure. But how do you get to... her?"
He sighed. "It can be anybody else. Dixon, hell it can be my own sainted granny, but please, dear gods, please let it not be her." He looked up plaintively. Rome's cheery message sounded mockingly in his mind.

"That same symbol was used by Adria, in her communications; it's her coat of arms... her flag." He frowned, gesturing subtly to his right eye. "I remember details like that. It took me a little while to remember it; it was when a Teffen spoke of people crossing the wall, to call out about the disease. But it's definetly her."

Rojer grimaced. "I had to ask." He sighed loudly. "Ok, get all the information you can on her, both from the Federation databases and also here on the planet. Someone must know something." Taking a PADD from his desk, he made some notes on the matter. "Seems we will have more than one avenue of investigation to follow."

Rojer tossed the PADD onto his desk when he's done. "Good work on the planet, Soule. It couldn't have been easy, but you handled it well."

"I'll get everything I can on her, sir." He nodded before continuing. "I think our being here was planned. We're the final catalyst to spark a revolution that is going to compromise our trade with Tefoy; because now that we're moving in, the Teffen government are going to take umbrage over it. We're violating their sovereignty, and the prime directive to help the afflicted down there. There's going to be political shitsorm... and someone's going to make a move on the trade rights."

"And, uh.... thank you sir. Not something I hear often."

He gave a disgusted snort. "Of course it was planned if that woman is involved. Rome is her personal plaything, but him not being here was messing with her stuff. But I like messing with other people's stuff. Especially that psychotic bitch." He gave a thin smile. "That is for the Federation Council to sort out, and if they call me up on charges and all kinds of things, I will gladly answer to them. But no-one on this ship was going to sit back and not do anything. The rich bastards in their "safe" areas certainly weren't going to." They will weather the storm, one way or another.

Rojer just nodded with a smile. "It was well deserved, and if you keep this up, you will hear it more often."

"I too like to fuck with people's shit, sir; especially bad guys... and MACOs." He gave a cheeky grin. "But on a serious note; the council aren't hard to sway the opinions of... if you know what say and have the right evidence. They are just beaurocrats after all. If it comes to that though, our best defence is the fact that someone else interfered here long before we did; the prime directive is a bit spotty in areas like this."

Soule shrugged. "If I hear it too much, it doesn't feel as special."

"That is good to know, start finding out everything about her and I'll worry about the rest." He gestured for the bridge. "Get back to your post, I will be along shortly." He gave a crooked smile. "I will remember not to praise you too often. Can't have you get complacent."

Lieutenant
Pezzley Snipes

MOAB (Mother Of All Babysitters)

Postby Andrew Rice » Thu Oct 08, 2015 1:59 am

Vitro stood outside of Soule's quarters, coming at his request. He had thought to merely materialise himself inside the room, but decided better of it thinking it may be against social convention. However, he didn't think to simply materialise outside the room, so he had walked the whole way from his secuirty check in the bowels of the ship. Now at the door, he was unsure whether to knock or to the ring the chime; before remembering that Soule has an aversion to door bells. He knocked three times, his giant hands making a deep thud on the door.

"Come in Vee." Sounded Soule's voice from the other side.
He stepped through, not bothering to open the door, and stood there arms crossed behind his back. "I am here as requested Soule."

Soule was sat in an armchair, looking rather tired. "Have a seat, relax." He smiled, gesturing to the sofa.
"I have come to relax? But I have work I must be doing... I am checking less frequented areas of the ship for any potential intruders."
"I know the roster Vee. You went off duty four hours ago. And there's no one in the ghost decks, who isn't supposed to be."
"Ghost decks?" He replied with a confused look on his face. "How do we know, if few people use them? It is a fitting use of my time to monitor those sections, since I do not require rest nor have any displeasure patrolling them."
"Sit... down..." Soule snapped, shaking his head whilst laughing at the holograms stubbornness.

Vitro reluctantly sat on the sofa; it creaked and bowed massively as he did so under his simulated mass, and the three seater was now primarily taken up by just him. "This is... comfortable..." He quipped. "So why am here?"
"Sit there a sec..." Soule stood up, patting Vitro on the shoulder, and proceeded over to one of the bedroom doors, knockiing gently. "Sash... could you come out here a for a moment please?"

A few silent moments later the door swished open and a frizzy haired, bedraggled and pissed off looking Sasha appeared. "What?"
"We have company."
"So?"
"So... can you please come out?"
"Why?"
Soule's eye twitched a little, whilst she looked on at him and the starship on the couch with a piercing glare. "Because, I asked you to."
Her glare got ever more fixed on Soule. "Fiiiiiine. What's this about?"
"Thank you, can you help me coax Mordi out?"
"Yes, what this about?"

Soule walked over to the bedroom next door, and knocked. "Mordy. Are you ok? Can you come out please."

As he walks and knocks and calls for Mordecai, Sasha just repeats the phrase. "Whats this about?" In the same monotonous tone. "Whats this about? Whats this about Soule? Soule? Soule? Whats this about? Whats this about?" Even projecting her voice into his mind. «Whats this about Soule?»
"Oh... Would you shut the fucking shut up, Sash!? You bledy gobshite." He looked sternly at her, whilst trying his hardest not to laugh. "Why are you being a dick?"
"Why are you being a dick?"
"Touché... but I need to tell you and your brother something important, so I would appreciate it if you could be helpful."

She hissed and glared at him, and tried to scan his mind, but waz being blocked by his surprisingly strong mental defences; images of cascading red and green flames shielding his inner thoughts. Suddenly she worked it out, without reading his thoughts. The look on his face, the tone of his voice, the urgency... she'd seen it before. "You're leaving... AGAIN!"
The door finally opened, and wheeling out angrily Mordecai came. "He's what!?"

"I..."

"He's leaving and undoubtedly ditching us on the lug in livingroom... he's giving us the the leaving talk." She growled, cutting him off.
"You bastard Soule. You absolute bastard." Mordy added. "You bring us here, as run away the first chance you get..."
"THAT IS ENOUGH!" Soule shouted. "I am coming back this time..."

"You always say that Soule." Sasha whimpered. "But you always leave us.
"Listen to me..." Soule took a long breath. "I would not be leaving... unless it was important and for work... do you understand?" They were both silently communicating with each other, not answering. "Do you understand?" He asked again, more forcefully.
"Yes..." They both mumbled.
"I didn't want this to be an argument guys..." He sighed sadly. "Now can you please come meet Vitro?"

Still on the sofa; Vitro had sat very quietly throughout the kerfuffle, awkwardly looking at the ceiling, patting his knees, trying to enjoy the weapons, paintings and drawings adorning the walls. Not to much avail, but he tried nonetheless. Eventually he deactivated his audio subroutines, nodded his head to imaginary music and thought about ballet dancing, closing his eye. Upon opening them again, Soule was stood above him, his mouth flapping.

"Pardon, Soule?" He asked. "I didn't hear you."
"Did you... did you just turn your ears off?"
"I did yes."

The twins eyed eachother up, confused at the mention of turning ears off. "What? Who is this guy? Why can't we read his mind? Even if he was a Yridian or a Ferengi we could still get some emotional sense of him. But him nothing.... what is he?"
Soule and Vitro both chuckled. "You wanna introduce yourself Vee?"
"Gladly." He stood up; towering above the twins, and held his giant hand out. "I am Vitro. The emergency security and training hologram. It is a pleasure to meet you children."

"You... Soule." Mordecai gasped. "Are leaving us... in the he care... of a hologram. That you probably built... and certainly designed to kill... riiiiiiiight. Fuck you."
"Oi!"
"No, he's right." Sasha stepped back in. "Are you insane? We are not listening to a light projection suspended by forcefields. And one of your deathtrap creations nonetheless."

Vitro glared down at them, frowning. "They... do not agree with me Soule. Perhaps I am not the best person for this job after all."
"You aren't even a person, mate!" Spat Mordy.
"THAT IS ENOUGH! The pair of you." Soule got angry at that quip. "He is as much a person as you. Have some goddamn respect. Who do you think you are... Djinni?"
"How dare you compare us to her!?" Sasha screeched.
"We respect all forms of life on this ship... no matter what form they come in. I will not have you turn into some bigoted bile spewing xenophobes... do I make myself clear?" He scowled at them. "No apologise! RIGHT NOW!"

They looked at eachother again, before looking all the way up at Vitro. "We're sorry."
"I understand you're apprehension... I will do my best to make you at ease. Do you require sustenance, children? Perhaps a warm caffeinated beverage?" Vitro gave a toothy grin, trying to ease the tension.
"Sure." They both replied. "Tea please."

Lieutenant

Postby Babette C » Thu Oct 08, 2015 5:06 am

Haha, they're certainly a handful. I think Vitro is the best one for the job.. Loved it :D
CMO - Lt. Isabelle Rousseau - USS Hyperion NCC-77989
AMB - Lt. JG Rebecca Terell - USS Sentinel NCC-79088

PreviousNext

Return to U.S.S. Hyperion