TAC Lieutenant JG Soule Douglas

Forum for the U.S.S. Hyperion, running every Monday at 1900 UTC. Talk about your missions and your crewmates here, or feel free to post your logs for everyone to read.
Lieutenant
Pezzley Snipes

TAC Lieutenant JG Soule Douglas

Postby Andrew Rice » Tue Feb 25, 2014 3:11 am

Still standing ever vigilant at his post Soule was keep his cool, monitoring the bridge secretly and silently as several of the crew were noticably in a state of controlled panic. Everyone around him running from station to station trying to return the ship up to 100%, and he stood there continuing work at his post. However what appears to be an idle mind in the face of adversity was in fact a clever ruse; Above his rank and position he was rerouting controls between all vital systems and power conduits to his Tactical Terminal, rapidly tapping the screen almost like an android controlling the flow of power all across the ship manually. Using the link between his right eye and his left hand, he could make mathematical calculations and implement them faster than most humans could imagine, simply by being subconsciously relayed loads of data by his mechanical prosthetics. He kept it hidden, making it look like he's doing nothing, whilst studying the design specifications of the ship with his natural left eye and making an impromptu log.

"Cadet Soule Douglas' log: Stardate 11402.17. Its safe to say things havent gone as planned. God damn Klingons blew up a Ferengi cargo ship, on our FIRST MISSION, and I only got to disable one Bird Of Prey. Ship is damaged and everyone's freaking out, the Captain is probably dead, and the Ambassador: Captain Jonathan Rome has taken command, we currently have no standing orders and everything is in chaos. Im currently controlling the ship to make repairs go faster, and I'm starting to get a headache. I just want to get back on it and find those Klingons, that damaged one cant be far and I am itching to track it down and fight them face-to-face. Im going to finish a preliminary report on all the ships systems and tactical implementations to give to the Captain, I think I may be able to control MVAM using a neural port on my robo-hand if I can get him to go along with it and basically all the doctors and engineers. It could potentially fry my brain. On my final note, the Lieutenant, Feyna i think, my direct superior, she's cute, very comfortable giving orders; she wants a fight, not necessarily me, but she want to fight something, she even wants to fight the Hirogen and Species 8472 with me on the Holodeck, every member of the crew I've had in on the sim fights has come out needing to go to sickbay. She has no idea what I've got in there, and she thinks she can go in with a knife, hand-to-hand only...the computer has weapons that you can take when you kill them, you dont start with one. I like her though, I'm going to keep my eye on her. She asked me what can my eye see differently to a normal one, I only told her half, needless to say sometimes I see too much. End Log"

He promptly begins finishing up his report, getting excited with himself and his good work. He judders slightly, thinking nothing of it he finishes his unsanctioned sweep of power relay maintenance on the ship and walks PADD in hand to the Captain's ready room door. Just as he knocks on the door, his terminal explodes, overloaded by a power relay error he had entered as he juddered. He looked down at his feet with eyes closed in grief, sighing and uttering only one phrase.

"I'm going to have to fix that."
Last edited by Andrew Rice on Mon Jul 20, 2015 9:20 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Vincit Omnia Veritas - The truth conquers all things.

TAC - LtJG. Soule Douglas - USS Hyperion NCC-77989 / S.T.A.R. ECS
ENG - Lt. Ilaihr - USS Atlantis NCC-1021-D
CSO - LtJG. Hamlet - USS Sentinel NCC-79088

Lieutenant
Pezzley Snipes

Stardate 11402.24

Postby Andrew Rice » Tue Feb 25, 2014 3:13 am

Soule was doing as he usually did: standing at his post ever watchful and pensive, monitoring the situation. Keeping a close eye on the Klingon's movement; there was something familiar about what they were doing but he couldn't put his finger on it, with the nervousness of his upcoming 'conversation' with the captain clouding his mind slightly. He almost didnt notice the communications officer calling him.

"Cadet Douglas, you have a long-range transmission coming in from Starfleet Command."
"Thank you Lieutenant I'll take it here at my post."
"Who the hell would be contacting you from Starfleet?"

The comms officers comment was met with a cold shoulder as Soule went on to answer the communication. On the terminal screen appeared an older woman in her fifties, with eyes filled with noticeable joy and a smiley disposition.

"Hello Soule." She said with an unmissable and beautiful smile. "How are you?"
"Admiral Mendosa?! What an unexpected pleasure ma'am, I don't know what to say, I'm doing well considering our current circumstances." He spoke with a collection of emotions that no one on board would be likely to see from him. "How are you ma'am?"
"Soule, you've known me since you were in nappies. You don't need to address me formally, you never did, call me Barbara or Babs."
"Yes ma'am." She almost scowled at him for continuing the formality. "Babs"
"Thats much better, as for how I am, I have no complaints."
"To what do I owe the pleasure?" He said with a smile of adoration.
"I was worried! You're first mission and I hear there's been an altercation between the Hyperion and the Klingons and that Captain Brax is severely injured, whats happening out there?"
"Its complicated, but the Klingons have initiated hostilities, the Ferengi vessel the Loan Shark was destroyed, and Brax was badly hurt by a console overload during the battle."
"Oh my, I am to assume Captain Rome has taken command?"
"Yeah"
"...And your opinion of him?"
"He is a highly commended officer, with a colourful and interesting personnel file."
"That is a very diplomatic answer Soule. But what is your opinion of him?"
"I don't know; but I don't like his command style, I don't think he should be in command of what is essentially a warship and I do not believe that he has what it takes for diplomacy with the Klingons." He stood firmly on his opinion, but wincing, hoping no one other than the admiral heard what he had just said.
"Thats much better, now, I assume you are already in some form of trouble with him, I can speak with him if you need me to..."
"No Babs its...its fine its minor, I was just routing around systems that I wasn't supposed to without permission. I was trying to be helpful, people were panicking because of the Captain being hurt, and the battle was over, and I had nothing to do in that moment, I haven't even spoken to Rome yet, that's still looming over me and I..." He was getting himself worked up with the pending consequences and the fear of letting the admiral down.
"Shhh, shhhh shhh shhhhh. Calm down Soule, I believe you can handle it, it will all be fine, he'll understand. He isn't a unreasonable man." She very graciously calmed him down all whilst keeping her trademark smile and soothing joyous eyes. "As for your opinion of his command style; if you don't feel he has the strength to lead you with the Klingons, a captain's greatest strength lies in the unity and commitment of their crew, you need be his shield and sword. Do you understand?"
"Yes admiral...i mean Babs, I'll try my best, I wont let you down."
"You will never let me down, you are an exemplary individual who does not give himself enough credit. I know you will do your best and you will succeed, and one day you will be a fine captain."
"Thank you. I'll come visit you soon, when I get my next shore leave, I'll even bring you your favourite flower which only I know where to find the perfect ones."
"I look forward to it, but you may find I visit you first. I'll speak to you soon Soule, give my love to Mellissa and the twins. Admiral Mendosa out." The comm ended.
"Goodbye....Babs." He said with the first real smile he's had since he came aboard.

Soule promptly got back to work monitoring the Klingons and their movements, with a beaming smile almost carved into his face. Until he sensed a burning sensation in the back of his head; the Communication Officer was staring at him intently, as Soule turned to him they locked eyes.

"You have a pet name for an Admiral?" The officer said with an irregularly high upward inflection and an extremely contorted puzzled face.

Soule very promptly turning back to his console, placing his hands either side of his head creating blinkers to stop him making eye contact with the comms officer again. All with a scarlet glow on his cheeks; a rare case of embarrassment for the cadet.

Lieutenant

Re: TAC Cdt Soule Douglas

Postby Andrew James » Thu Feb 27, 2014 8:50 am

haha Rome has had years experience in command of an Akira class warship, I think he'll be fine!

Commander

Postby Einar S » Thu Feb 27, 2014 7:24 pm

he's also quite curious why a Starfleet Admiral would contact a member of his crew during a red alert situation to coo him haha
Captain Jonathan Rome
Commanding Officer
USS Hyperion

Lieutenant
Pezzley Snipes

Postby Andrew Rice » Thu Feb 27, 2014 11:26 pm

She's like a mother figure and she brings out the humanity in him, since he is seemingly a cold calculating sociopath. She's also an admiral and its her perogative, also i thought we dropped the condition to yellow?

Commander

Postby Einar S » Thu Feb 27, 2014 11:48 pm

nope, red alert still :)
Captain Jonathan Rome
Commanding Officer
USS Hyperion

Lieutenant
Pezzley Snipes

Postby Andrew Rice » Fri Feb 28, 2014 3:03 am

Ah, but still.... I dont want Soule to be a 1-dimensional character, he's all aggressive and confrontational at the moment. I want to give some depth, he's stone-faced as opposed to emotionless. He probably already seems like a massive pain in the ass, but he has the best intentions, he just goes about it in a slightly unorthodox way.

Commander

Postby Einar S » Fri Feb 28, 2014 9:58 am

We don't think he's a pain, just a little over eager in character :) so were we as Cadets hehe.

Just keep him away from systems he's not supposed to handle or you'll have Engineering turning off your sonic showers! ;)

I have planned a joint log between us if you have time next week?
Captain Jonathan Rome
Commanding Officer
USS Hyperion

Lieutenant
Pezzley Snipes

Postby Andrew Rice » Fri Feb 28, 2014 10:00 am

Yeah, sure. I was kinda hoping for that, because i know i still have to have a word with you in your ready room.

Commander

Postby Einar S » Fri Feb 28, 2014 10:12 am

Looking forward to that!
Captain Jonathan Rome
Commanding Officer
USS Hyperion

Next

Return to U.S.S. Hyperion