NPC AUX Lt Torel Alena

Forum for the U.S.S. Hyperion, running every Monday at 1900 UTC. Talk about your missions and your crewmates here, or feel free to post your logs for everyone to read.
Lieutenant

NPC AUX Lt Torel Alena

Postby Sophie Wakeling » Sun Aug 09, 2015 4:14 pm

She straightened the collar of her fresh uniform. It was the first thing she had done once she’d been given her quarters allocation. Her previous uniform had felt rumpled and sweaty, but the bad kind that came from excessive long travel in relatively confined quarters. She bit her lip as she looked herself up and down in the mirror, disliking what she saw despite knowing that the outward appearance was perfectly appropriate. What she saw in the mirror showed what was going on underneath the surface: the inadequacy and a touch of self-loathing.

She still hadn’t been able to shake off what had happened on the Kraken. She’d killed, and had suffered the repercussions from it. True, she’d saved far more lives by doing so, but having been the one to press the button, knowing that it would kill some of the crew, people she knew, had hurt her in ways not visible to the naked eye.

And then there was Henry. And what he’d done around the same time. With Suder. Not Keshir, not her then XO, but the other one. The one who had taken Henry to the very edge, and had taken their relationship with them. She’d never told him, but he had taken her to the edge of something too. Alena had never been one to love, not since she’d lost her parents. But she’d almost loved him. She looked at herself in the mirror, and spoke aloud, sternly. “Almost. It was definitely almost.”

And he’d never loved her, how could she trust that he’d ever loved her. Not when she had such evidence that he could use sex as a weapon. Was that what he did to her? Blind her with the lust and the affectionate touches? She felt a tear trickle down her cheek, and she brushed it away impatiently. “Who are you, Torel Alena? Where is that Bajoran fire?!”
She stood up straighter again, with a determined air. “Let’s get this show on the road, Torel” and she left the room without a backwards glance.

Commander
*I* put Baby in a corner!

Re: NPC AUX Lt Torel Alena

Postby C. J. Short » Sun Aug 09, 2015 5:17 pm

"But she’d almost loved him."

Ouch. Just... ouch.

Great log, Soph.
"As long as I have a want, I have a reason for living. Satisfaction is death." - George Bernard Shaw, Overruled

Commander

Postby Aoibhe Ni » Sun Aug 09, 2015 6:43 pm

Crap. Now I feel guilty! Henry and Suder's Alternate Universe counterpart have a lot to answer for, eh?
hehe.

Fantastic intro log, Soph.

Commander

Postby Einar S » Sun Aug 09, 2015 6:43 pm

fantastic log Sophie, cut to the core
Captain Jonathan Rome
Commanding Officer
USS Hyperion

Lieutenant

Postby Sophie Wakeling » Sun Aug 09, 2015 10:50 pm

Pfff, CJ.
Read it in context. Gorram it, sometimes a woman has to protect herself by trying to convince herself the lies are true. :p

I've missed her.

Commander

Postby Aoibhe Ni » Mon Aug 10, 2015 12:25 am

Sophie Wakeling wrote:Pfff, CJ.
Read it in context. Gorram it, sometimes a woman has to protect herself by trying to convince herself the lies are true. :p

I've missed her.

HENCE WHY I FEEL GUILTY!

Lieutenant

Postby Sophie Wakeling » Mon Aug 10, 2015 12:29 pm

It's character building....right?

Site Admin
That would be unwise

Character Name: Rhodri "Griff" Griffiths

Postby James Greenman » Mon Aug 10, 2015 1:51 pm

Bahahaha.

Fantastic log, Soph! It's good to see her again. :)
Star Trek: Engage Game Manager

Game Director -Sigma Rho Station & U.S.S. Sentinel

Lieutenant

NPC LOG Lt Torel Alena with Henry Sumner

Postby Sophie Wakeling » Mon Oct 19, 2015 7:37 pm

Henry frowned as he sat at the helm, watching the stars flash by. He was already slightly regretting accepting Griffiths' offer to join his crew. Not only was he going to miss his kids, but now he had to deal with another Ghost from his past, though this one at least had a great ass. Truthfully, it wasn't terrible to see her. His fling on Orion had been nice, and had helped him through some dark times, but the connection hadn't been the same. He hadn't allowed it to be.

She sat there, at the tactical station, watching Henry watch the stars. She wasn't really watching him though, she was just using him as a focus point.
Henry. She'd be working with Henry again. The man who had caused her such joy and such pain. Who used sex as a a weapon. Who had made her love him. Imzadi.... drifted through her mind, and she sat up abruptly, causing the chair to wobble slightly. No, she told herself, she was over him. Him and Taemin Suder, the slu...no. She was over them. She let out a breath she hadn't realised she'd been holding. The silence in the small bridge area was starting to get oppressive to her.

He loosed a slow sigh, seeming to sense the tension. It was hard not to, really. Turning himself around once in his chair, like a whimsical child, he spun again to face her.

"Alright. So, remind me what I did that was so awful," he said.

His spinning got a rueful smile out of her, dissipating the majority of her anger, for now. "Has our time together left your memory so easily?" She also turned her chair to face him, acutely aware of how close it brought him, his proximity being something she had been aware of since they had first met.
"You always remembered the Bajoran, but not the Betazoid." She tapped the side of her head softly. "You weren't very good at hiding your thoughts or feelings towards Suder."

Henry raised an eyebrow; he remembered a lot about their time together, most of it fun, and very explicit.

"Which Suder are we talking about?" he asked.

"It's not a good sign that you have to ask that Henry," She could still see the flitting image she had got from Henry's mind about Taemin in the brig, the lust and aggression that had merged, the hurt that it had caused her, knowing, direct from him what he had been willing to do.
"I knew you had admired Keshir, but not that you had tried to bed her, like the other one" she raised a challenging eyebrow.
Henry stared at Alena for a moment before chuckling softly.

"Try to bed Kesh? Are you nuts?" he asked, unable to remove the amused grin from his face. He looked to Alena, who didn't share his mirth.

"Look... did I have feelings for Kesh? Sure. She was... she was gorgeous, and she seemed like a challenge. We also understood each other. Neither of us had many people who did." Henry got up and moved to the replicator, getting himself a drink, something dark and fizzy.

"She was my friend," he said after a moment. "I have feelings for a lot of people. That doesn't mean I act on all of them. I had feelings for you, and it seemed like you had feelings for me, so we had a go. Who would have thought one stray thought would cool you on me so quick."

"And how quickly you throw the focus onto Keshir Suder, the poor dead woman. I was talking about Taemin. The one you did act upon."

She found herself biting her lip, unsure how to proceed with the conversation, the obviousness of Henry's oblivious thinking as to why she had ended their relationship. The fact that he had never come after her to find out why.

"You hurt me Henry, surely that is enough. But, that was a long time ago now. We have both moved on."

"I honestly have no idea what you're talking about. When did I ever do anything with Taemin?" he asked, perplexed.

"Henry, if you don't know or remember, it obviously meant nothing to you. I don't want to go over past mistakes anymore. Why rehash what can't be changed. We have to work together now. It should be on congenial terms, at the very least."

She held out her hand to him, in his human sign of comradeship.

Henry shook his head, not willing to let it go that easily.

"I don't remember it because it didn't happen. The only times I've ever even been alone with her are the time I interro-" He paused, brow furrowing as it dawned on him.

"That? That's what you're pissed about? Are you fucking kidding me?" he asked, incredulous.

"It was an interrogation! I was trying to find Kesh and Dremel; she thought she could seduce me, so I turned it on her. You know how desperate we were."

"Henry..." she murmured quietly, "There was more to it. And surely you can understand why I needed my distance. When it couldn't be kept out of my head. When she assisted on sharing it with me, just to make it hurt more. With everything that was going on, with the...deaths.... It was too much. I hurt too much. In a way, it still does."

That successfully took the steam from Henry's frustration. He loosed a long, slow sigh, running a hand through his hair and leaning back in his seat. She wasn't wrong; it had been a chaotic, and in many ways tragic period for both of them. Maybe their relationship has simply been another casualty. Regardless, nothing was served by his being an ass about it.

"I'm sorry," he said, after a long moment of silence. "I wasn't at my most stable at the time, obviously. It wasn't my intent to hurt you... but I'm sorry I did."

She looked at him though the long silence, watching him fidget, seeing the finger marks he left in his unkempt hair. On his response, she leant forward, leaning her elbows on her knees. "And I'm sorry I wasn't strong enough then to support us." She looked down at her feet, as she gave in to the query that had surfaced, nagging at her. "How about now?"
He frowned slightly, taking a moment to think about his answer.

"I guess it depends what you're looking for," he said, eventually. "I like you. I enjoyed the time we spent together, and I wouldn't mind getting some more, but I don't know if I can be your 'one.' I don't know if I can ever be that for anyone."

She blushed crimson, mortified what he thought she'd asked. "I...I meant about you being stable." She fell silent, again unsure on how to carry on the conversation.

Henry could only laugh and hide his face in his palm at his error. He groaned at himself, the sound muffled by both hands as he waited out the embarrassment.

"Sorry," he said, his face still in his hands. "Let's just forget that happened, agreed?"

Her face still red, she couldn't help but giggle along with Henry. "Why? I need to keep you on my side during our new assignments, and this is great leverage." She stuck her tongue out a little at him.

"Well, this is gonna be a fun trip," he said with an anguished grin.

"We could definitely make it more interesting. Poker?" She asked, with an air of innocence....

Commander

Postby Aoibhe Ni » Mon Oct 19, 2015 9:17 pm

This was brilliant, guys. Wow!
Heartfelt, funny, and the history... Bravo.

More from these two, please!

Next

Return to U.S.S. Hyperion