Hyperion Arc #7: A Better Tomorrow

Forum for the U.S.S. Hyperion, running every Monday at 1900 UTC. Talk about your missions and your crewmates here, or feel free to post your logs for everyone to read.
Lieutenant

aCO Commander Rojer Lyon 11509.14

Postby Chris Esterhuyse » Sun Sep 06, 2015 9:59 pm

INCOMING TRANSMISSION
HYPERION SENIOR STAFF PRIORITY COMMUNIQUE
TO:
All Senior Staff, USS Hyperion NCC-77989
CC: Commander Niamh Danann, Acting First Officer, Hyperion NCC-77989
FROM: Commander Rojer Lyon, Acting Commanding Officer, USS Hyperion NCC-77989

We are waiting for the medical fleet to arrive in two days. That means we have to keep things in order until they arrive. We will be separating the ship into three to make it appear that we've got some reinforcements.

CMO: Work with the medical fleet scientists and medical staff on developing the cure.
TAC: Give me an update on the situation on the planet and your current systems in effect.
ENG: Work with Mr Stark on creating our deception.
OPS: Let me know what they chatter is on the planet about our interference.
SCI: Continue working with medical on the cure.
LOG: Continue the relief effort, coordinate with tactical.
aXO: Oversee the decoy plan that Mr Stark thought up.

Cmdr. Rojer Lyon
XO - Cmdr. Rojer Lyon - USS Hyperion

Lieutenant

Mission Briefing Stardate: 11509.21

Postby Chris Esterhuyse » Mon Sep 28, 2015 7:35 pm

Placeholder

Lieutenant

Mission Briefing Stardate: 11509.28

Postby Chris Esterhuyse » Mon Sep 28, 2015 7:36 pm

INCOMING TRANSMISSION
TO:

Good work on keeping the ghettos under control. Our medical support should be arriving within hours.

CMO: Please give me an update on your research and how far are you from a cure?
TAC: Good work on the surface, restoring order was top priority.
ENG: Glad you're keeping the ship running, good work on the power generation for the transmission.
OPS: Continue monitoring the situation on the surface.
SCI: Continue working with medical on the cure.
LOG: Continue the relief effort, coordinate with tactical.
aXO: All the teams on the surface did good work, you have a lot to be proud of.

Cmdr. Rojer Lyon

Lieutenant

Mission Briefing Stardate: 11510.05

Postby Chris Esterhuyse » Mon Oct 05, 2015 5:06 pm

INCOMING TRANSMISSION
TO:

Good work, all of you. Prepare to hand over all information and reports pertaining to the mission to the medical fleet. Our part of this is done. We will be taking on personnel and replacements, have them feel welcome.

TO & CMO: Please forward all information you have on Dr Elan and Adria to me.

aXO: Meet me in my ready room, we have a few things to discuss.

Cmdr. Rojer Lyon

Commander
*I* put Baby in a corner!

Epilogue

Postby C. J. Short » Sun Oct 18, 2015 5:11 pm

It was silent, save for a steady drip of some viscous liquid. Not even the engines could be heard, as most of the ship's power was disabled; only life support and passive sensors. She stared out the window, into the endless seas of stars, admiring not the twinkling orbs of light, but the darkness in-between, the great void that enveloped them all.

It was peaceful, perhaps the only truly peaceful thing in this universe. An expansive, serene nothingness, rudely pockmarked by burning balls of chaos and strife, bringing varied sets of consciousness into being only to inflict pain upon them. She took a deep breath, reminding herself that this was supposed to be a calm moment, not an angry one. Things were about to begin, her life's work coming to it's unknowable fruition. Adria sat alone, not knowing the end she was nearing, and finding that oddly comforting.

The doors opened, the mechanical sound disrupting her silence, igniting that little spark in her chest.

"I, uh... I'm sorry, mistress," called a soft voice. "I thought you'd want to hear."

"What is it, 'Less?" Adria asked, standing slowly, giving the void one last look before grabbing a towel and wrapping it around her bleeding arm. Alessia swallowed lightly at the sight.

"The Teffen have dissolved their government, after they learned about the slaughter. The ones in the ghettos took to your message," Alessia explained, offering a small smile. Adria only offered a nod.

"And the others?" she asked.

"Our people on Mizar and Nehru are ready to move, and we're making progress on Nuvia."

"Good. Good... it's time, then?"

"Y-yes..."

"What is is?"

"It's just..." Alessia lowered her gaze, not sure how to put it. "I'm worried about you," she said. Adria approached her, and she closed her eyes tightly, expecting a strike. Instead, she felt only Adria's hand gently cupping her cheek. She looked up into the Orion's amber eyes, tears filling her own.

"Whatever happens, 'Less, this world will be better for it. That's all that matters," said Adria. Alessia could only nod.

---

The monitor turned blank, and Martin heaved a tired sigh, leaning back in the chair in his office and rubbing his eyes. Tefoy had turned into a mess, and dealing with the Federation Council and Starfleet brass had been less than enjoyable. There were serious questions about what the Hyperion had done, imposing martial law on an independent world. However, Admiral Walker felt he'd gotten the point across that these were unusual circumstances, and since the Federation were involved with the Teffen economically anyway, the Prime Directive wasn't really in play.

It hadn't been easy, though. People were calling for Lyon's head, and it had taken a lot of dealing and bargaining to keep the Hyperion protected. By his estimation, he'd used a good half of the favors he had left in Starfleet. With a soft sigh, he stood, groaning lightly, and moved to his replicator. "Coffee, Columbian, black, two sugars," he said, yawning lightly.

He took the coffee and frowned as he heard the chime to his door. Dresden had gone home for the day, so there was no receptionist to run interference.

"Enter," her called, returning to his desk. He narrowed his eyes as he saw who it was.

"Good evening, Martin," said Vera Hill. Her presence was noteworthy for two reasons. One, Martin couldn't remember a single conversation with her that had been pleasant. Two, chaos seemed to follow in her wake, as she was generally the one who delivered Starfleet Command's internal bad news.

"Vera," Martin cooly greeted. "What can I do for you?" She acted hurt.

"So suspicious. Maybe I'm just coming by to congratulate you," she said.

"Unlikely," Martin quipped, sipping his coffee. Vera laughed.

"What can I say; there's no fooling Martin Walker," she said. She moved to sit in the chair on the other side of his desk. "There's some truth to that, though; the brass is impressed with what you've done. You improved the lives of millions of Teffen, and all it cost us was a healthy supply of tritanium."

Martin knew better than to remind her that the lives far outweighed the ore; she didn't give a damn.

"Should I be expecting a medal?" he asked sarcastically. Vera laughed again.

"Quite possibly," she said, watching the older man drink his coffee. "In fact, Command is so impressed with you that they can't imagine a higher note to go out on."

Martin paused mid-sip, eyeing the woman over the cup, feeling a building knot in his stomach. He set the cup down heavily, offering a deep scowl at Vera.

"They're pushing me out," he said. It was a statement more than a question.

"You can look at it that way," Vera offered. "I like to think of it as your duty to the Federation being fulfilled. You get to go home, spend time with your grandchildren, enjoy the easy life, and you get to do it knowing you did an outstanding job."

"Just a little too outstanding," he observed. Vera only grinned at that.

"Like I said; there's no fooling Martin Walker. You have a week to clear your office," she said, getting to her feet. "Your severance package should be along soon."
"As long as I have a want, I have a reason for living. Satisfaction is death." - George Bernard Shaw, Overruled

Previous

Return to U.S.S. Hyperion