Hyperion Arc #6 - Kobliad Knights

Forum for the U.S.S. Hyperion, running every Monday at 1900 UTC. Talk about your missions and your crewmates here, or feel free to post your logs for everyone to read.
Commander
*I* put Baby in a corner!

Hyperion Arc #6 - Kobliad Knights

Postby C. J. Short » Thu Feb 26, 2015 4:07 am

TO: CO Captain Jonathan Rome, USS Hyperion NCC-77989
CC: Senior Staff, USS Hyperion NCC-77989

Captain Rome,

With the unpleasantness of that business with Logistics out of the way, I'm giving you and your crew a week of shore leave at Starbase 375, during which time you'll receive replacement crew, and a few upgrades I've cleared with Command. I know the Starbase isn't the most ideal location for R&R, and your crew certainly deserves more than a week, but it's the best we can do for the moment. We're going to need the Hyperion in short order, I'm afraid. I'll have further orders for you after your leave, Captain.

Admiral Martin Walker
Starfleet Command

Addendum: I know you've had personnel issues recently. Let me assure you that every crewmen assigned to your ship has been personally vetted by my staff, all of whom I trust implicitly. If you're unhappy with any of them, don't hesitant to let me know.
Last edited by C. J. Short on Mon Jul 13, 2015 6:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"As long as I have a want, I have a reason for living. Satisfaction is death." - George Bernard Shaw, Overruled

Commander
*I* put Baby in a corner!

Re: Hyperion Arc #6 - Kobliad Knights

Postby C. J. Short » Mon Mar 23, 2015 5:00 pm

Captain Rome,

You have been officially designated as part of Task Force Sigma, whose mission is to relieve Federation forces at Sigma Rho. Take Force Sigma is under the command of Admiral Ti'rel, so you will be receiving your orders from her once you near the station.

You have been sent an intelligence briefing on Tzenkethi weapons and tactics. Make sure your security and tactical personnel go over it thoroughly. The most important things to note are their reliance on large carriers, and their propensity for boarding. Believe me, Captain, a squad of armored Tzenkethi is not something you want aboard your ship.

Good luck to you and your crew, Jonathan. These Tzenkethi will not be going easily.

Admiral Martin Walker
"As long as I have a want, I have a reason for living. Satisfaction is death." - George Bernard Shaw, Overruled

Commander

Mission Briefing Stardate: 11503.23

Postby Einar S » Mon Mar 23, 2015 5:01 pm

INCOMING TRANSMISSION
HYPERION SENIOR STAFF PRIORITY
COMMUNIQUE TO: All Senior Staff, USS Hyperion NCC-77989
CC: Commander Rojer Lyon, Acting First Officer, USS Hyperion NCC-77989
FROM: Captain Jonathan Rome, Commanding Officer, Hyperion NCC-77989

SUBJECT : Mission Briefing Stardate: 11503.23

As you all know, the Hyperion has been designated as part of Task Force Sigma. Our mission - Relieve Federation forces currently at Sigma Rho.

OPS: Commander, we will be receiving orders from Admiral Ti'rel as we near the station. Please liaise with the task force on my behalf. Assign your most trusted Operations officer to take over OPS. See if the fleet has some MACOs available and assign a full compliment onboard to secure all vital areas.

NAV: Ensign Gunn, prepare evasive maneuvers to repel boarding parties. Use the ship's impressive sublight speeds to your advantage, I don't want to stop for anyone.

CTO: Commander, I have sent you an intelligence briefing from Starfleet on Tzenkethi weapons and tactics. Study it carefully and focus on ways to repel boarding. This ship can outrun our opponents, but not if they get on board.

TAC: Take your orders from Commander Feyna, but I want you also to work with Navigation on evasive maneuvers and attack scenarios involving large Tzenkethi carriers.

CMO: Doctor, prepare Sickbay on all modules for casualties. Prep teams for search and rescue.

MED: Cadet, I need to know I can trust on you this soon out of the Academy. Report to Commander Lyon, then return to your duties in Sickbay.

CEO: Commander Danann, I trust the ship is ready as per my orders. Please report to the Bridge, I want to run something past you.

ENG: Ensign, take your orders from Commander Danann.

We are now at war people. I want to see your best work.

Red alert.

Captain Jonathan Rome
Captain Jonathan Rome
Commanding Officer
USS Hyperion

Commander

Mission Briefing Stardate: 11503.30

Postby Einar S » Mon Mar 30, 2015 12:21 pm

INCOMING TRANSMISSION

SUBJECT : Mission Briefing Stardate: 11503.30

I know some of you had family or friends on Starbase 621 and the 'Rho. I am sorry we could not be there to help, but we have our orders and it is imperative we succeed in our mission. If the Tzenkethi take Kobliad, then the 'Gators have our flank and we will be fighting on multiple fronts. I have been given command of the fleet assembling at Kobliad and the Hyperion is now the flagship of Defense Force Kobliad.

We have one mission and that is to stop the advancing fleet with any means necessary. That includes the loss of this ship if we come to that.

OPS: Commander you are to liaise with the Captains of the Vonnegut and the Flagstaff. Assign them their respective attack wings and inform them to take their orders from the Hyperion. Let's put this fleet to good use. Assign MACOs from the Flagstaff to all key areas of the ship and tell them to shoot to kill if we are boarded.

aNAV: Mr. Miller, set up fleet movements for Kobliad and transmit to all attack wings.

CTO: Commander, lock down all external subspace communications except between the fleet and from the Bridge. Set up attack formations for all attack wings

TAC: Take your orders from Commander Feyna, but I want you also to work with Navigation on evasive maneuvers and attack scenarios involving large Tzenkethi carriers.

CMO: Doctor, I don't expect any loss of life but I know you are ready for whatever may happen. Triage rules, get the least injured out of the way and back to their stations.

MED: Cadet, I need to know I can trust on you this soon out of the Academy. Report to Commander Lyon, then return to your duties in Sickbay.

CEO: Commander Danann, I want a report on your progress.

Godspeed,

Fleet-Captain Jonathan Rome
Captain Jonathan Rome
Commanding Officer
USS Hyperion

Commander

Mission Orders SD 11504.08

Postby Einar S » Mon Apr 13, 2015 1:41 pm

Captain Rome,

Congratulations on the successful defense of Kobliad. You and your crew, as well as the rest of your task force, are to be commended; you faced overwhelming odds with insufficient support, but you pulled it off anyway. It was especially timely, considering recent events. After the loss of Starbase 621, we needed some good news. To that point, we are sending your some proper reinforcements: elements of the Ninth Fleet, fresh in from Starbase 211, as well as several Starfleet Marine transports.

You're going on the offensive, Captain. You are to head to the Badlands and flush out any Breen or Tzenkethi you can find there. From there, you will assault and occupy Lamemda, and, finally, liberate the Free Haven and Dreon colonies. With any luck, the Tzenkethi just might divert some of their resources from the frontlines, at which point we'll make our push.

Show them the error of their ways, Captain.

Admiral Walker

Lieutenant

Mission Briefing 11504.13

Postby Chris Esterhuyse » Mon Apr 13, 2015 5:18 pm

INCOMING TRANSMISSION
CC: Captain Jonathan Rome, Commanding Officer, USS Hyperion NCC-77989
FROM: Commander Rojer Lyon, Acting First Officer, Hyperion NCC-77989

SUBJECT : Mission Briefing Stardate: 11504.13

Ladies and gentlemen, the reward for hard work is more hard work. We've been tasked with cleaning out the Breen and Tzenkethi in the Badlands. We're joined by elements of the Ninth Fleet and several Marine Transports. Once we're done with that task we'll move on to Lamamda and ultimately to Free Haven and Dreon.

NAV: Make sure you're familiar with the conditions in the Badlands. No need to warn of the hazards, they are well known.

CTO: Liaise with the other elements of the fleet to devise the best tactics on achieving our objectives.

TAC: Take your orders from Commander Feyna and discuss with her best means to deploy the Marines in the various situations we can encounter.

CMO: Continue the good work in sickbay, keep ready for more incoming injured - we're going after the enemy.

MED: I'm confident you're well versed in the workings of sickbay after our battle. Take your orders from Lt. Rousseau.

CEO: Commander Danann, my compliments to your staff, you did wonderful work during the battle. Please report on repairs.

That is all.
Cmdr. Lyon - Acting First Officer
XO - Cmdr. Rojer Lyon - USS Hyperion

Commander

Mission Briefing Stardate: 11504.20

Postby Einar S » Mon Apr 20, 2015 10:50 am

INCOMING TRANSMISSION

SUBJECT : Mission Briefing Stardate: 11504.20

All: Your general orders still stand. We are going in after the Tzenkethi and Breen forces in the Badlands and we will flush them out. From there we will assault and occupy Lamemda and liberate the Free Haven and Dreon colonies.

They have now tried to stand against a united Federation front and failed doing so. Let's give them something to tell their grandchildren about.

Captain Jonathan Rome
Commanding Officer
USS Hyperion

Commander

Mission Briefing Stardate: 11504.27

Postby Einar S » Mon Apr 27, 2015 12:56 am

INCOMING TRANSMISSION

SUBJECT : Mission Briefing Stardate: 11504.27

Reports have come in about a potential base of operations around planetoid Alpha 441, a former Maquis munitions storage facility. The fleet is forming up to hit and take out the enemy's stronghold in the Badlands. Alpha wing led by the Hyperion will attack head on, drawing the heavy fire while Beta and Gamma wings, led by the Vonnegut and the Flagstaff respectively will hit from attack vectors Kirk and Axanar while Relic wing will sit back and guard the perimeter, taking out any ships attempting to flee. Battle plans are attached.

OPS: Commander please prepare the ship for MVAM then check in with all wings and get readiness reports.

aNAV: Mr. Miller, I have sent you the details for our approach, please review the plan and inform the wing.

CTO: Commander, prepare all modules for battle.

TAC: Ensign, please take over internal security. I hear you have a good rapport with the MACOs, you are now their de facto commander however I trust you will refer to their judgement when needed.

CMO: Doctor, please assign medical teams to the Bridge and Main Engineering. Prepare all modules for incoming.

CEO/ENG: Commander Danann, work with Commander Lyon and have the ship separate when ready. Then prepare the ship for battle. I want either you or your deputy manning Engineering on the Bridge.

SCI: I want you to monitor the attack wings on short and long range sensors, while keeping an eye on all enemy traffic. I know you are being called to active duty shortly after being assigned here, but I need a good Science Officer and I need her now.....I have also reviewed your medical reports so I know you to be a skilled telepath. Keep your senses honed, I could use that.

Let's take back the Badlands everyone, we will soon win this war.

Captain Jonathan Rome
Commanding Officer
USS Hyperion

Commander

Mission Briefing Stardate: 11505.04

Postby Einar S » Sun May 03, 2015 9:47 pm

INCOMING TRANSMISSION

SUBJECT : Mission Briefing Stardate: 11505.04

I am very proud of you all. The area has been made safer thanks to your actions these past few days. Our orders are to head to Lamemda and take out the enemy fleet and occupy the planet.
Alpha, Beta and Gamma wings will attack from all sides while Relic wing will sit back and guard the perimeter. The group carriers will come in after the orbital defenses have been disabled and descend upon the enemy base and major settlements...and restore peace. Battle plans are attached.

OPS: Commander, please assume command of the Hyperion. I will oversee the battle from the Bridge.

aNAV: Mr. Miller, I have sent you the details for our mission, please review the plan and liaise with the Flagstaff and Vonnegut.

CTO: Commander, we're keeping the Hyperion in one piece, prepare to utilize all external weaponry.

TAC: Ensign, keep our people safe onboard. Take your orders from Commander Feyna.

CMO: Doctor, please report to the Bridge with a medical team.

CEO/ENG: I want either one of you on the Bridge during the battle. Your orders are the same as before, keep us flying and look out for needles.

SCI: Cadet, keep your eyes and senses sharp. I need a clear view of this battle, and it's up to you to give me that.

Let's take back that planet and show the enemy why we are not to be trifled with.

Captain Jonathan Rome
Commanding Officer
USS Hyperion

Commander

Mission Briefing Stardate: 11505.11

Postby Einar S » Sun May 10, 2015 10:04 pm

INCOMING TRANSMISSION

SUBJECT : Mission Briefing Stardate: 11505.11

My congratulations on a job well done. Now that we have secured Lamemda Starfleet wants us to liberate the Free Haven and Dreon colonies and aid the Bajoran people. With the reserve fleet now in command of Lamemda we will be taking on replacement crew for our journey before heading on. We will keep applying the same battle formations as before with the Relics securing the perimeter. Battle plans are attached.

XO: Commander, now that we have made it official please assume a red shirt and take command of the Hyperion then check in with all wings and get readiness reports.

OPS: Welcome aboard Mr. Stark. I selected you for this job due to your experience with fleet tactics. Please review past missions and the attached battle plans and come to me with any ideas you might have. Then you will liaise with the taskforce.

aNAV: Mr. Miller, I have sent you the details for our approach, please review the plan and inform the wing.

CTO: Commander, you know the damn drill. Let's go liberate some Bajorans.

TAC: Ensign, ship security is your job now. Have our people work alongside the MACOs.

CMO: Doctor, please assign medical teams to the Bridge and Main Engineering. Prepare all modules for incoming. Assemble medical teams to beam down and set up triage and give aid. Liaise with the ships in our wing.

SCI: Cadet, when we reach the the colony I need a full planetary scan, settlements, lifeforms, enemy outposts.

CEO: Commander you know where you are needed and what I want from you.

ENG: Welcome aboard Ensign. Please report to Commander Danann for your orders.

The Bajorans are counting on us people. So we're the cavalry now. Take your orders from Commander Lyon. I will be in command of the taskforce from now on.

Captain Jonathan Rome
Commanding Officer
USS Hyperion

Next

Return to U.S.S. Hyperion