USS Hyperion Arc #5 - Reflections

Forum for the U.S.S. Hyperion, running every Monday at 1900 UTC. Talk about your missions and your crewmates here, or feel free to post your logs for everyone to read.
Commander
*I* put Baby in a corner!

USS Hyperion Arc #5 - Reflections

Postby C. J. Short » Sun Jan 04, 2015 11:10 pm

TO: CO Captain Jonathan Rome, USS Hyperion NCC-77989
CC: Senior Staff, USS Hyperion NCC-77989

Captain Rome and crew,

Admiral Walker has asked me to extend congratulations to you and your crew for your discovery, and destruction, of the criminal Adria's station in The Badlands. I have been instructed to inform you that said destruction will help ensure the continued safety and stability of the sector, which is especially valuable in this time of tension with our neighbors.

With the pleasantries out of the way, let me get to the point. You and your crew have been selected for a surprise inspection; members of my staff are already aboard Deep Space 9, and have prepared several interview spaces. Every surviving member of your crew will be interviewed and assessed for their mental state and continued competency. Those who are found lacking will be replaced, regardless of their position or rank. Please be sure to read that last sentence again.

Interviews will start within 24 hours.

Captain Avery Winters
Starfleet Logistics
Last edited by C. J. Short on Thu Feb 26, 2015 3:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
"As long as I have a want, I have a reason for living. Satisfaction is death." - George Bernard Shaw, Overruled

Commander

Mission Briefing Stardate 11501.05 - High Importance

Postby Einar S » Mon Jan 05, 2015 4:46 pm

INCOMING TRANSMISSION
HYPERION SENIOR STAFF PRIORITY
COMMUNIQUE TO: All Senior Staff, USS Hyperion NCC-77989
CC: Lieutenant Commander Niahm Danann, First Officer, USS Hyperion NCC-77989
FROM: Captain Jonathan Rome, Commanding Officer, Hyperion NCC-77989

SUBJECT : Mission Briefing Stardate: 11501.05

Starfleet and I personally congratulate you all for a job well done these past few weeks and I hope that everyone had a good leave and a happy new year to those who are from Earth.

Your actions in the Badlands will secure continued safety for the sector, you may be proud of that.

The Hyperion has been selected for a surprise inspection where members of Starfleet Logistics will meet with and perform several interviews with the senior crew and key officers on board. I have been asked to relay that you are to take these interviews seriously and be on your best professional behavior. The interviews will start within 24 hours and Commander Danann will inform each interviewee of their designated interview room and time.

XO: Commander Danann, please contact Captain Winters and prepare to offer his staff whatever they require. Set up interviews and inform the crew of their appointed times and places. Also meet me in my Ready room.

Captain Rome
Captain Jonathan Rome
Commanding Officer
USS Hyperion

Commander

Mission Briefing Stardate: 11501.12

Postby Einar S » Mon Jan 12, 2015 1:54 pm

INCOMING TRANSMISSION
CC: Lieutenant Commander Niahm Danann, First Officer, USS Hyperion NCC-77989

SUBJECT : Mission Briefing Stardate: 11501.12

The inspection will commence in 30 minutes. Please check with Commander Danann if she has not already informed you of the time and place of your scheduled interviews. Until then please stay at your stations.

That is all.

Captain Rome
Captain Jonathan Rome
Commanding Officer
USS Hyperion

Commander

Re: USS Hyperion Arc #5 - Reflections

Postby Aoibhe Ni » Mon Jan 19, 2015 7:01 pm

INCOMING TRANSMISSION
CC:
Captain Jonathan Rome, Commanding Officer, Hyperion NCC-77989
FROM: Lieutenant Commander Niamh Danann, First Officer, USS Hyperion NCC-77989

SUBJECT : Mission Briefing Stardate: 11501.19

Captain Winters' lot of interviews is underway, crew. He will no doubt call each of you as and when he sees fit. So, our purpose right now is to be as available and forthcoming with him and his staff as possible.
::clears her throat::

I'll re-iterate what I said before my own interview; no matter where you think his questions are leading, answer truthfully and as completely as you can. Anything less than that is unworthy of the uniform you wear.

In the meantime, we have a golden opportunity to go over our collective systems, reports, etc, so use this time well.

OPS: Rojer, liaise with Feyna and ensure power regulation to our Tactical systems are up to snuff. Advise and upgrade as necessary. Work alongside her and Engineering on this. I want to see a marked improvement on our response times.

NAV: Thor. I want you to run through some flight simulations. We'll work on the bridge, using the view screen. Focus on defensive manoeuvres.

CTO/TAC: Jo, work with Rojer on improving Tactical's power usage. Soule... guard the turbolift unless Joanne has other plans for you.

CMO/MED: Doctors. Now seems an apt time to conduct a few necessary medicals. The crew is at your disposal, unless otherwise engaged with Captain Winters. Naturally, he has priority.

Hop to it!

Lt. Commander Danann,
XO, USS Hyperion.

Commander

Mission Briefing Stardate: 11502.16

Postby Einar S » Mon Feb 16, 2015 10:42 am

INCOMING TRANSMISSION
CC: Commander Sara Sumner, First Officer, USS Hyperion NCC-77989

SUBJECT : Mission Briefing Stardate: 11502.16

I have sealed off the Bridge and Main Engineering as we suspect we have intruders onboard. See something suspicious, report it to Commander Sumner.

XO: Keep trying to reach the Admiral.

OPS: I want updates on these suspected intruders and a way to deal with them.

NAV: Keep us on course for Earth until we figure out what else to do, maximum warp. OPS will assist you with power relegation.

*CTO*: Joanne, I heard what happened. When you are feeling better, I need you back up here. Get a security detail to cover all medical facilities.

*TAC*: Engineering is under your protection Ensign Douglas, keep it safe. Let no one other than the on-duty engineers near those controls.

*MED*: Brave heart, Doctor. You did well. But I'm afraid it's not over yet. Prepare for casualties and arm your medical staff.

Captain Rome
Captain Jonathan Rome
Commanding Officer
USS Hyperion

Commander

Mission Briefing Stardate: 11502.23

Postby Einar S » Mon Feb 23, 2015 11:01 am

INCOMING TRANSMISSION
CC: Commander Sara Sumner, First Officer, USS Hyperion NCC-77989

SUBJECT : Mission Briefing Stardate: 11502.23

We are heading into an unknown situation. Everyone report to your stations.

XO: Commander, liaise with the other modules and keep trying to reach the Admiral.

OPS: I need to know what's coming, merge sensor readings with those from the middle and ventral modules and chart the system. I don't want any surprises.

NAV: Turn off our transponders and automatic lighting, we're going in silent.

CTO/TAC: Bring me your tactical reports and prepare this ship for battle.

*MED*: Report to the Bridge, I want your report on your patient.
Captain Jonathan Rome
Commanding Officer
USS Hyperion

Return to U.S.S. Hyperion