XO Commander Rojer Lyon

Forum for the U.S.S. Hyperion, running every Monday at 1900 UTC. Talk about your missions and your crewmates here, or feel free to post your logs for everyone to read.
Commander

Re: XO Commander Rojer Lyon

Postby Einar S » Wed Oct 14, 2015 4:58 pm

holy hell, Roj is a badass! I love it
Captain Jonathan Rome
Commanding Officer
USS Hyperion

Lieutenant

Postby Chris Esterhuyse » Wed Oct 14, 2015 5:01 pm

Joanne should be the only one not surprised by this. And here you thought he was all meek and mild mannered...
XO - Cmdr. Rojer Lyon - USS Hyperion

Lieutenant
Pezzley Snipes

Postby Andrew Rice » Wed Oct 14, 2015 5:58 pm

Vitro will more than happily spar with you. But you are shit out of luck if you don't want questions; he likes his question.

Great log guys. Always with the drama on this ship xD.
Vincit Omnia Veritas - The truth conquers all things.

TAC - LtJG. Soule Douglas - USS Hyperion NCC-77989 / S.T.A.R. ECS
ENG - Lt. Ilaihr - USS Atlantis NCC-1021-D
CSO - LtJG. Hamlet - USS Sentinel NCC-79088

Lieutenant

Postby Sophie Wakeling » Thu Oct 15, 2015 1:56 pm

And she isn't surprised....she's been wondering where the Lyon she had a crush on had disappeared to :p

Lieutenant

Postby Chris Esterhuyse » Thu Oct 15, 2015 2:26 pm

Andrew, he won't if I order him not to.

Soph, he's been taking it easy and enjoying married life.

Lieutenant

XO Commander Rojer Lyon 11510.19

Postby Chris Esterhuyse » Mon Oct 26, 2015 12:27 pm

Rojer sat staring out the window at the stars streaking past. He'd been staring at them for almost 3 hours, considering what his decision would mean to those on the ship. He had made his decision in 10, he had to think it all through before acting.

Some crew would agree, some wouldn't. He couldn't help but wonder who would jump which way.

He was sure of Danann's reaction - the whole ship was aware of her feelings on the matter. He was tempted to change his decision just to spite her, but that would make things worse in the end.

He sighed, got to his feet and headed for the bridge.

Showtime.

Lieutenant

aCO Commander Rojer Lyon 11511.02 (Joint log with aXO)

Postby Chris Esterhuyse » Sun Nov 08, 2015 9:27 pm

Rojer checked the time stamps on the bridge logs and his conversation with Admiral Hill yet another time before giving in to the evidence. He should have picked it up immediately. Command was making him soft in the head.

He downed the last of his coffee, refilled a travel mug and headed out of his ready room in search of Danann. A quick query had her on deck 13 near the main tractor beam control. He set off, smiling pleasantly at the crew going about their business. He entered a hatch near junction 23F and crawled along until he saw her fiery hair up ahead.
"Ah, there you are, Commander. Fancy meeting you here."

"Come to lend a hand, Captain?" she quipped as she continued to work on the control panel she had exposed to the side of the tube. Hyper spanner in one hand, and a tricorder in the other, she sat with her legs crossed in front of her and her tool kit to the side, as comfortable and relaxed as Lyon had seen her in quite some time.

"I've been known to get my hands dirty on occasion,” he replied, settling next to her, shooting a guilty look at his coffee, before setting it down next to him. “So, I’ve been comparing my conversation with the Admiral and the bridge logs, and imagine my non-surprise when a few things matched up.”

"Oh yea?" she asked absentmindedly as she checked a reading on her tricorder, and nodded with satisfaction, before biting her tongue, reaching into the panel and pulling out the next ODN unit for inspection. "Yeeeah, gotcha..." she said, happily as the unit came loose.

"Yeah," he replied. "Did you know that the Admiral is actually a sparkly rainbow unicorn?"

"Mmhm..." she answered, examining either side of the thin, metallic unit before running her tricorder over it. "Sure, sure... I'll eh, I'll add it to my report... hand me that calipers?"

He reached out to stop her hand. “You are no fun when you’re like this. Listen up, this is important.” He waited for her to actually pay attention. “The admiral made some off-screen adjustments just before your combadge went bezerk. She sailed right on as if she hadn’t heard a thing and I played along. Then at some point she made some other off-screen adjustment and the unit shut down.” He paused a moment. “Then she made a very subtle threat, but a threat none the less.”

Niamh gaped at him, understanding, but not wanting to believe it. "Our own Admiral did this? Starfleet Command...?"

Rojer nodded. “Yes.” He sighed. “She also said we can go look for the Captain, but I should be careful. Rome could get away with this kind of thing because of his accomplishments but I had no such thing behind my name.” He grumbled at that memory. “I managed to not be rude to her.” Because she cut the call, but Danann didn’t have to know that.

Niamh winced in sympathy. "Well, you are pretty new to this command thing, Roj. She's got her facts straight, even if she was being a jerk about it." Niamh shifted with an involuntary sigh, turning her body so that she could lean against the tube's opposite wall to rest. "But, if she's barking this loudly now, I don't think she's much to worry about. I bet it's all show."

Rojer grumbled again. “She was a jerk about it.” He wanted to tell her about some of his accomplishments, but just shook his head. “I think her bite will be worse than her bark.”

"Well, it is your call..." she conceded with a chipper smile. ”What do you want to do?"

He glowered at her good mood. “Right now we find the Captain. I have a bad feeling about this and evidence points to Adria having him. She’s been too involved in too many things for my comfort, Tefoy being the latest.” He took a gulp from his mug of coffee, shooting her a glance. “As for Admiral Harpy, I will have to be careful of her, she’s going to make problems for me down the line.”

Niamh twirled her hyperspanner like a drumstick and thought over his concerns. "So, we have a missing Captain, a newly assigned Admiral who is going above and beyond to scuttle us, and Adria popping up everywhere we go... If they're not all connected, I'll eat this spanner."

Her expression turned serious. "We need a decoy. Maybe transfer all the ship's transponders onto one section, so that Hill thinks we're still one, whole ship, then activate MVAM, and send the other units off in search of Rome. I'd bet my boots we'll find Adria close by."

He gave her another long look. “I won’t dispute that Admiral Harpy is out to get me, and by extension the rest of you. But we have her ‘blessing’ to go find the Captain, so I don’t think we need to split the ship. I have a feeling we will need all the pieces when we have to face Adria. And that is coming.”

"Then, let Engineering ratchet them to a probe and send it off in the opposite direction. Let us do something, Roj," she said, "I feel like we're just standing still here."

He shook his head. “Niamh, the Admiral knows what we’re doing. That thing will be off the ship soon. We are doing something. And I don’t particularly want to remove the transponders.”

"OK, OK..." she conceded. "You're the boss, boss." She shifted and blew an errant red curl out of her eyes. "So, we get to Starbase... whatsit... and then what? What's the big play?

“Follow the evidence. That’s all what we can do at this stage. Call ahead and get all security footage of the day in question. Also the flight manifests and transponders of all the ships that left in a 48 hour period. It’s not much right now but it’s a start.”

Niamh listened, wishing there was more to go on. "I'll get OPS started on making contact with the station. It'll take a while for them to gather all that data together."

Rojer nodded, before starting to make his way out of the Jefferies tube. “We have a few days before we get to the station, they should have what we need by then. We will find him.” He makes his way to the nearest access port to get back into the ship corridors, not noticing he’s left his coffee cub behind.

"We better... " Niamh sighed quietly, glancing towards Lyon's retreating butt, and immediately spotting his coffee cup. She grimaced, her body craving the caffeine still. "Just another seven months, you can do it, Nia... Eyes on the prize." And with that, she picked up her hyperspanner and got back to work.

Lieutenant

Postby Andrew James » Sun Nov 08, 2015 9:52 pm

Really nice log, very interesting!

Commander

Postby Einar S » Mon Nov 09, 2015 12:00 am

oh, and please hurry
Captain Jonathan Rome
Commanding Officer
USS Hyperion