ENG Ensign Rilu Ilus

This is a Forum-Only Station. Do you have an inactive character that you want to write about? Is your character being transferred somewhere else, or fresh out of the Academy? This is where you write logs or start something creative with your fellow players either on Spacedock, orbiting Earth, or elsewhere in the STE universe.

Moderator: James Greenman

Ensign

Stardate 11501.18

Postby Benjamin Daniels » Mon Jan 19, 2015 4:29 am

Ilus grabbed a PADD that seemed to barely be functioning. He hit it against his hand a few times and the still nothing, he took one of the reclaimed power packs from his phaser and "hotwired" the PADD. It clicked on.

" Thank the Prophets" he sighed "Ensign Rilu Ilus. This very well could be my last log entry the Stardate is 11501.18, The Sentinel is still without power and hurdling towards the planet, And After numerous attempts to restore power, communications are still down. I have heard that they will be trying to cold start the Warp engine. But I honestly don't know if it will be possible." He looked up for a moment at the bridge crew working away on a solution.
"All efforts have been futile.. Just.. If this is recovered, let it be know that She was a fine Ship, with an even finer crew. Ensign Rilu signing off."
Cadet LIUD Rilu - U.S.S. Sentinel
Tactical

Ensign

Stardate 11501.29

Postby Benjamin Daniels » Thu Jan 29, 2015 10:16 pm

Ilus made it back into his quarters, the table was overturned, the lights were sporadic at best. He scanned the room from corner to corner searching for one thing not tossed about by the turmoil of the last few hours. His eyes were caught by his small Bajoran shrine to the Prophets. Standing alone amongst the mess, seemingly untouched by the last hours.

"Computer, record log" Beep beep
"Stardate 11501.29, Ensign Rilu Ilus on board the Sentinel, I have just received word that we are well on the way to being fully functional. We have also acquired a new Tactical officer, a Klingon that goes by the name Vun Kahl. He will be assuming the role of Chief Tactical officer. I am honored to serve with such a distinguished officer. I have heard rumors of the death of his brother while he was serving with the Empire. Klingons are so... interesting. Computer end log."
Last edited by Benjamin Daniels on Thu Feb 05, 2015 4:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tactical

Ensign

Stardate 11502.05

Postby Benjamin Daniels » Thu Feb 05, 2015 4:05 pm

Ilus grabbed his knives he got from his Father after the Bajoran resistance from under his pillows, he stuffed one into his belt and the other into his right boot. He grabbed a PADD, "Personal log Ensign Rilu Ilus... Uhh Stardate 11502.05, up until about an hour ago we were limping around the planet, the warp drive was still not properly aligned. However, now that we have full power restored to The Sentinel we are preparing away teams to beam down to the planet." He ran his hands over his head and wiped away some of the sweat, he could feel the nervousness welling up in his gut.

"As a Tactical officer I will be beaming down to the surface, I have to say, I am apprehensive. Whenever you are responsible for lives the weight of command can way heavily. I know it should be a routine search and secure, but I honestly don't know what to expect on the surface. End log." Ilus walked to his door and headed down towards the transporter room.
Tactical

Ensign

Stardate 11503.17

Postby Benjamin Daniels » Tue Mar 17, 2015 4:02 pm

The time is 0600 hours
Ilus peeled off his thin blanket, and sat up in bed. "Another duty shift" he murmured. Ilus stood up and slid into his uniform, he went to the sink and flipped on the water letting it run for a few seconds. Ilus stood there, watching it swirl down the drain. He cupped his hands and the water to his lips and with a splash let it fall. "Computer, record personal log Ilus Rilu, Stardate 11503.17 Bee Beep. "I had the most wild dream last night, I was aboard an old generation federation ship... And we were fighting the.. the Klingons."
Ilus stepped to the replicator, "One rakatajino extra sweet, and one hard-boiled chicken egg." The order materialized with a hum, he grabbed the food and scarfed it down. "I don't know if it was a memory, or a vision. I hope it was only a dream, war against the Klingons would be... devastating. End Log"
Tactical

Commander

Re: ENG Ensign Rilu Ilus

Postby Aoibhe Ni » Tue Mar 17, 2015 7:43 pm

Hah, nice!
I hope that mission comes back to haunt us somehow. :)

Ensign

Stardate is 11503.24

Postby Benjamin Daniels » Tue Mar 24, 2015 5:20 pm

It had always come naturally to Ilus, he had always been geared for the long hours and the technical minutia of engineering. The fascination that danced behind his eyes while studying warp theory and engine mechanics had alway been noticed by his professors in the Academy. To him it was like a puzzle, hundreds of thousands of piece all working together, in perfect harmony, to create something that was impossible for millions of years. The mind of the first warp engineers astonished him, to literally bend time and space around a solid object, to travel thousands and thousands of times faster than light. He had dreamed since childhood of being a part of the engineering crew of a starship. And now this was his chance.

"Ensign Rilu Ilus supplemental log, the Stardate is 11503.24. I have continued running tests on the new Mark 4 Crystalline power modules, at 2 hours of levels over 200% normal output they are still showing no signs of fracturing. I don't know how to explain it, these modules are like nothing I've seen before. They haven't overloaded the tertiary power relays, the other relays are actually showing an increase in capacity. It seems as if the Neurogel packs are adapting and creating new synapses to carry the increase in output and amperage. It's quite a sight to behold, nothing short of incredible."
Tactical

Commander

Re: ENG Ensign Rilu Ilus

Postby Einar S » Tue Mar 24, 2015 8:47 pm

I love a good Engineering mind! Good log Benji! :)
Captain Jonathan Rome
Commanding Officer
USS Hyperion

Previous

Return to Spacedock