ENG Ensign Rilu Ilus

This is a Forum-Only Station. Do you have an inactive character that you want to write about? Is your character being transferred somewhere else, or fresh out of the Academy? This is where you write logs or start something creative with your fellow players either on Spacedock, orbiting Earth, or elsewhere in the STE universe.

Moderator: James Greenman

Ensign

ENG Ensign Rilu Ilus

Postby Benjamin Daniels » Wed Sep 24, 2014 7:05 pm

"Personal Log Rilu Ilus, Stardate 11409.24"
"Pause entry"

Ilus looked around for a moment, his earring swaying with every movement. He saw his still unpacked bags sitting next to the bed and he began humming an old Bajoran Lullaby. He ran his hand over the top of his bald head and let out a sigh, he realized it had been months since he had last sat down for a moment and just meditated. "computer" he said (the computer chimed) "dim lights" The lights fell low in the room. His Father's words were still ringing in his ear "Ilus, you get off this station and make something of yourself. Space is a big place, but the Prophets have a plan for you. Trust me."

"Resume log entry"

"It's my first night on the Sentinel. My nerves are a little on edge, its my first duty assignment, I've been assigned to Tactical and on one of the best ships in the fleet no less, I know Dad would be proud. The Sentinel doesn't seem to have any shortage of excitement however, XO Stradiot debriefed me and it seems like some of ship components have gone missing. I'm not too sure what to make of it, but I'm sure there is a perfectly rational and reasonable explanation.
I've been reviewing some of the past reports for the Sentinel, I had heard that the crew had encountered an Arachnid species, thank god I missed that. I hate spiders.
Lately I have been thinking about The Prophets I'm just some kid from DS9, why would they have anything special for me? What is their plan? Am I even supposed to be in Starfleet?"

"End Entry"
Last edited by Benjamin Daniels on Mon Sep 29, 2014 8:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cadet LIUD Rilu - U.S.S. Sentinel
Tactical

Site Admin
That would be unwise

Character Name: Rhodri "Griff" Griffiths

Re: TAC Cdt. Ilus Rilu

Postby James Greenman » Wed Sep 24, 2014 7:33 pm

And that's a fantastic first log from the new guy!

Welcome onboard, Ben :toot:
Star Trek: Engage Game Manager

Game Director -Sigma Rho Station & U.S.S. Sentinel

Commander

Re: TAC Cdt. Ilus Rilu

Postby Einar S » Wed Sep 24, 2014 7:47 pm

Welcome welcome welcome!
Captain Jonathan Rome
Commanding Officer
USS Hyperion

Ensign

Stardate 11409.30

Postby Benjamin Daniels » Wed Oct 01, 2014 4:02 am

The view-screen changed from the Feinesian Captain's face to the ship holding steady above the planet as Ilus stepped away from his Tactical Console grabbing his log PADD. Rilu nodded at the XO to be excused for the moment as he stepped into the turbolift. "Deck 4," The turbolift sprang to life and whisked Ilus away from the bridge. Ilus stepped out onto the carpeted officer's deck and lifted the PADD.

Personal log Rilu Ilus, Stardate 11409.30

"I managed to step away from my console for a few moments during this whole mess. It was my first time handling a tactical station, as a matter of fact it was my first time on a bridge since the Academy. I made the unpleasant first contact with one Ensign Hamlet who just so happens to have Klingon blood." Ilus let out a sigh. "Just like all the other Klingons I've met he's easily offended, uptight, and always looking for conflict which is just great because I have to look at his mean mug all day." He let out a chuckle. "In all reality I've learned how to deal with Klingons, on DS9 there were plenty to go around, enough for every Bajoran to have one. Hammy-" Ilus stopped, his eyes filled with tears and a guttural laughter rang through the deck. "Hammy, oh prophets! I like that! Nothing like a nickname for a Klingon to keep things lively!"

Ilus continued to walk down the corridors of deck 4 still holding his data PADD. He cleared his throat and the laughter fell from his face.

"I'm not too sure what to make of this whole situation. On one hand we've got an sizable security threat with this stranger on board and I want nothing more than to transport her right to the Feinsians, but on the other hand they've assigned her for execution and that feels unjust. I trust Captain Yeremenko's judgment but we can't possibly give up a passenger to be executed, We are NOT the Cardassians! End log!

The PADD let out a small beep of acknowledgment as Ilus stepped back into the turbolift "Bridge" he said. A double beep answered him as the turbolift whisked Ilus towards the top deck. "We can't possibly forfeit someone's life to avoid a conflict" he thought. "
Last edited by Benjamin Daniels on Fri Oct 31, 2014 2:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
Tactical

Commander

Re: TAC Cdt. Rilu Ilus

Postby Einar S » Wed Oct 01, 2014 1:19 pm

well done Benji! Can't wait how calling the Klingon Hammy will pan out for you :)
Captain Jonathan Rome
Commanding Officer
USS Hyperion

Lieutenant
Pezzley Snipes

Postby Andrew Rice » Wed Oct 01, 2014 1:35 pm

Not well...
Vincit Omnia Veritas - The truth conquers all things.

TAC - LtJG. Soule Douglas - USS Hyperion NCC-77989 / S.T.A.R. ECS
ENG - Lt. Ilaihr - USS Atlantis NCC-1021-D
CSO - LtJG. Hamlet - USS Sentinel NCC-79088

Ensign

Postby Benjamin Daniels » Wed Oct 01, 2014 4:55 pm

Haha it'll be fun! Some comedic relief every so often!
Tactical

Site Admin
That would be unwise

Character Name: Rhodri "Griff" Griffiths

Postby James Greenman » Wed Oct 01, 2014 5:34 pm

Fantastic log, Ben! :D
Star Trek: Engage Game Manager

Game Director -Sigma Rho Station & U.S.S. Sentinel

Ensign

Stardate 11610.10

Postby Benjamin Daniels » Fri Oct 10, 2014 8:49 pm

Stardate 11610.10

The academy had always tried to prepare Ilus for a combat situation, but this, this felt different than the simulations. Something seemed amiss, Ilus had been uneasy when he had been transferred onto the Sentinel he could feel a cold tension on board. It had crossed his mind that the ship Herself may be doomed for hardship from the very beginning, and when he had heard all of the "coincidences" surrounding Shan's arrival it was even more unsettling. Ilus was standing at his console with the shields up and weapon hot about to encounter his first real combat situation. His head was spinning with attack patterns and battle plans. He trusted that Captain Yeremenko would see them through, but at what cost?
Last edited by Benjamin Daniels on Fri Oct 31, 2014 2:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
Tactical

Ensign

Postby Benjamin Daniels » Fri Oct 24, 2014 5:12 pm

The time is 0600 hours Ilus rolled over. The time is 0600 hours and 20 seconds
Ilus sat up in bed his head throbbing from the night before, he had only been off the Sentinel for 8 hours and he was already regretting his choices. Just a few hours earlier Ilus, Marsland, and Hamlet disembarked the Sentinel and made their way to the bar on the station. Needless to say Ilus underestimated the tolerance to alcohol that Klingons and Humans have. About 45 minutes into their retreat Ilus knew he had had enough to drink, but as the voices kept going the Scotch kept flowing. Countless stories of "home" were shared, stories about Scotland and San Diego, places that Ilus had only dreamed of going. It made him begin to regret never making very far of of the Academy grounds.

It wasn't until 0100 that they left the Bar and made their way back to their quarters. It had been a long night, but Ilus could feel a bond growing between the three of them. Like they say, "there is no stronger bond than that which is formed in a foxhole" for once that made sense to him.
Tactical

Next

Return to Spacedock