NAV Cadet Thor Gunn

This is a Forum-Only Station. Do you have an inactive character that you want to write about? Is your character being transferred somewhere else, or fresh out of the Academy? This is where you write logs or start something creative with your fellow players either on Spacedock, orbiting Earth, or elsewhere in the STE universe.

Moderator: James Greenman

Cadet

NAV Cadet Thor Gunn

Postby Thor Gunnlaugsson » Tue Sep 16, 2014 1:01 pm

Nav Cadet Thor Gunn

Cadet

Stardate 11408.04

Postby Thor Gunnlaugsson » Tue Sep 16, 2014 2:11 pm

It´s been six years now since Thor´s life changed to something he doesn't know what is still to this day. All his life he had been wondering around with no clear goal but that all changed in a heartbeat. Stationed on an outpost near the Romulan border when there was an attack on the Starfleet ship that had one different person from the rest of the crew. A Trill with a symbiont was badly injured and the doctors could not do anything about him, but they had to try to save the symbiont. Thor being the only candidate begin at least half Trill decided at the end to be joined with it cause of his father was joined as well. At first things didn´t go well cause the symbiont had a problem joining cause of Thor mixed biology being from a Betazed mother, but weeks after of recovery they finally joined. First weeks after joining Thor had many problems coping with all the previous hosts but he quickly learned that many things he didn't know of before came very natural to him.

After 2 years of coping with things he decided to join Starfleet Academy. While being there he got to know many strange characters and he quickly gained respect for his knowledge on pretty much everything, not to forget his telepathic ability thanks to his mother side. Getting praised by his teachers for skills both in navigation and science he decided apply for assignment as an navigation officer after much thought.

Now 4 years later he got his first assignment on the USS Hyperion as navigation officer.
"This is really gonna be something" he thought.

Commander

Re: NAV Cadet Thor Gunn

Postby Aoibhe Ni » Tue Sep 16, 2014 3:27 pm

It really is going to be something!
Great first log, Siggi. :)

Commander

Postby Einar S » Tue Sep 16, 2014 3:39 pm

Well done :) looking forward to learning more about his past hosts
Captain Jonathan Rome
Commanding Officer
USS Hyperion

Cadet

Stardate 11409.01

Postby Thor Gunnlaugsson » Tue Sep 16, 2014 4:46 pm

Walks into his quarters, throws off his clothes and goes into the sonic shower. After a good hour in the shower he goes out and senses must relief throughout the ships crew.

What a mission that was at the end the Hyperion loosing power and the only thing just having aux. thrusters partly online left and the ship loosing altitude with the Captain on his shoulder trying to push the Cadet and keep him from freezing at his post. Then out of nowhere the Cadet sees a asteroid the size of Earth´s Australia going by the planet and then quickly gets a instant sense of the gravity hole that would slingshot the Hyperion back into orbit with the slim chance that the thrusters would come back online in time to compensate and get out of the asteroids gravity.

"What the hell was that move he just pulled with the Hyperion." He thought

"Computer: Start Cadet Thor personal log" he said.
"Today I did something I had no idea about tho it felt so natural what I did. Then I go back in my mind to Gunn´s 6th host that was a cargo pilot on a big cargo ship about 80 years ago. The ship had been attacked by a Cardassian Warship but manage to get into an asteroid field and hide. After the Cardassians left, the ship was in total stop with only the life support system, replicator and aux. thrusters working partly. What Gunn's 6th figured out was that the largest asteroids had enough gravitational pull to slingshot the cargo ship to the nearest outpost of the Federation and he was able to make it up to speed of 120.000 kph. and the journey to the station took 18 years, 18 long years..."
"Computer end log"
He said.

He found it so crazy that this flashback happen in a split of a second to help his crew today with something that TOOK 18 YEARS for his past host.

Commander

Postby Einar S » Tue Sep 16, 2014 4:54 pm

and a good idea it was! Brilliant log Siggi
Captain Jonathan Rome
Commanding Officer
USS Hyperion

Cadet

Stardate 11501.26

Postby Thor Gunnlaugsson » Thu Jan 29, 2015 11:50 pm

::Walks into his quarters and looks out the window at DS9.:: Wandering what to do about to do about the CO and XO comments over the loss of logs. This can´t be so bad at all this crew that I'm serving with. Thinking about now it´s maybe save to enter into his personal log.
Gunn: Computer, access file number 102030501 stored on the food replicator on the Bridge.
Computer: Accessing... can´t run file on screen. This is an Andorian guu soup, do you want me to replicate it for you at the Bridge?.
Gunn: No. Run decryption algorithm Delta Alpha Alpha 4 on that file.
Computer: Running... Decrytion finished, do you want me to desplay it on your viewscreen.
Gunn: Yes.

::Looks at the screen and starts reading::
Stardate 11411.10
Personal log of Cadet Gunn.
Well this is something new, now I really done my first mission after having been right at the end of the last one shuttled in.
Managed to proof at least a little bit to my Captain on the last one that I can use unconvensional measures to fly this bird.
On this mission on the other hand I had to deal with alot more than just flying, the CO and the XO didn´t work well together at times but I think that will be ok. What devastation the attack on Mizar II was. It took alot out of the crew that I could see and the end. It´s like I can´t make out who to trust 100%.
Gunn: Computer end log.

::Glimpses back at the screen::
Stardate 11501.19
Personal log of Cadet Gunn.
We have been here at DS9 for some time now. Nothing really happening other that some senior staff interviewes, sometimes it´s good to be a cadet. The XO asked me to do running simulations on flying with no weapons, so again I had to use unconvensional measures to evade those Klingon BoP´s the program was throwing at me. What a waste of time. Luckly MED Ens Rousseau had me up for my physical. I have always thought that maybe she could be the most trustworthy out of the crew, well and the Captain at time. I told her about my problem with the symbioint adapting to the telepathic ability of my Betazed side. What I can´t say is that in offical records my previous host died "regular war death" at the Romulan border. The truth is that 11th host was a spy, that got caught at the border and was tortured for 3 weeks for secrets about the Federation but she didn´t cave. When she was finally swoppet for a high Romulan officer her condition was to critical to save her. And since I was the only close to Trill being there it had to be done. Then in the expoltion on the Outpost it was put in there as she had been one of the casualty of that explotion. Her last words to me were, go enlist in Starfleet...
I hope I can tell anybody this in good time, maybe Rousseau.
Gunn: Computer end log.

::Now he had done reading the texts::

Gunn: Computer add to log.
Computer: Commencing
Stardate 11501.26
Now I´m at a cross roads. Only few moments ago the Captain gave me a note and asked me to do a asignment for him and I did, but he said to me "FOR YOUR EYES ONLY". Later CTO Feyna got a little to curious for my comfort. She started asking about what the Captain asked of me but I deverted that by creating a little flaw in the ship navigation system, one of the tricks that 11th had done one time. Oh why can´t I even make a log about that. But I did not disclose the info the Captain trusted me with. I even encrypted the PADD so that would only recognized the Captains eyes to read it.
::Looks one more time out the window at DS9, then looks at the screen::
Gunn: Computer save file.
Computer: Do you want to encrypt it and place the calibration to the file 102030501 stored on the food replicator on the Bridge?
::Looks to the sealing::
Gunn: No, Save this to my personal log.

::Stands up and walks out of his quarters to get ready for his first senior staff breifing::

Commander

Postby Einar S » Thu Jan 29, 2015 11:56 pm

Great log(s) Thor! Well done :) looking forward into more insight on the former hosts too!
Captain Jonathan Rome
Commanding Officer
USS Hyperion

Lieutenant

Postby Babette C » Fri Jan 30, 2015 3:34 pm

awwww… most trustworthy of the crew. Thanks : ) ::blush::
CMO - Lt. Isabelle Rousseau - USS Hyperion NCC-77989
AMB - Lt. JG Rebecca Terell - USS Sentinel NCC-79088

Commander

Postby Aoibhe Ni » Fri Jan 30, 2015 4:31 pm

This is some great writing, Siggi. :)
I love the idea of saving files in the replicator, very clever. And I can't wait to learn more about "number 11", she sounds exciting.
Nice work!
:golf:

Return to Spacedock