U.S.S. Hyperion Arc #4 - The Patrol

Forum for the U.S.S. Hyperion, running every Monday at 1900 UTC. Talk about your missions and your crewmates here, or feel free to post your logs for everyone to read.
Commander
*I* put Baby in a corner!

U.S.S. Hyperion Arc #4 - The Patrol

Postby C. J. Short » Sun Sep 07, 2014 4:37 pm

TO: CO Captain Jonathan Rome, USS Hyperion NCC-77989
CC: Senior Staff, USS Hyperion NCC-77989

Captain,

Thank you for your 'report' on the unidentified planet, though it was lacking detail. I won't get into you for lack of effort, given that this mission was supposed to be a break, but, in the future, please review standard procedures for conducting a planetary survey. Starfleet Cosmology estimates the stellar interference that hid the planet from us for so long will return in about a week, so it's unlikely we'll be able to get another ship out there in time.

At any rate, the Hyperion is ordered to proceed to Starbase G-6 to reupply, at which point you will head directly to Caldik Prime to begin a patrol of systems near the Tzenkethi border. While the Tzenkethi Coalition has disavowed the attack on the USS Xiphos in the Gemulon system, Starfleet feels it couldn't hurt to maintain a visible presence on our border.

From Caldik Prime, you will travel to Nehru, scanning the space in-between. You may also consider stopping by Mizar II to check on the Mizarians; their pacifism makes them an easy target for the Tzenkethi, and we'd rather not have a Tzenkethi base world within Federation territory. After Nehru, proceed to Barisa Prime; they are a logical initial target for any Tzenkethi invasion of the Federation.

If you find any Tzenkethi presence in these systems, Captain, you are to use diplomacy first to get them to leave. The Federation wants to avoid this war if at all possible, even if it means being lenient about violating our borders. Starbase 621 will help you coordinate your efforts, and the USS Vonnegut is nearby in case you need assistance.

Good luck, Captain.

Admiral Martin Walker
Starfleet Command
Last edited by C. J. Short on Tue Dec 09, 2014 3:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
"As long as I have a want, I have a reason for living. Satisfaction is death." - George Bernard Shaw, Overruled

Commander

Mission Briefing 11409.08

Postby Einar S » Sun Sep 07, 2014 5:32 pm

INCOMING TRANSMISSION
HYPERION SENIOR STAFF PRIORITY
COMMUNIQUE TO: All Senior Staff, USS Hyperion NCC-77989
CC: Lieutenant Commander Niahm Danann, First Officer, USS Hyperion NCC-77989
FROM: Captain Jonathan Rome, Commanding Officer, Hyperion NCC-77989

SUBJECT : Mission Briefing Stardate: 11409.08

The Hyperion is ordered to Starbase G-6 to resupply and for crew rotations. After which we will head directly to Caldik Prime to begin a patrol of systems near the Tzenkethi border. I know you have all heard the rumors, but as far as we know the Tzenkethi have not instigated hostilities with the Federation, and the Coalition has disavowed the brutal attack on the USS Xiphos.

However, Starfleet feels it couldn't hurt to maintain a visible presence on our border. We are not going out there to start a war, but to keep the border secure. If we find Tzenkethi presence, we are to tread carefully. The Federation council is adamant that we keep the peace.

XO: Commander, set up a real-life data and comm feed with Starbase 621 and the USS Vonnegut. The base will help us coordinate our efforts and the Vonnegut can bring her guns in if we find trouble. Get readiness reports from all departments.

NAV: Cadet, prepare a course that will take us along the border, starting with Caldik Prime, then the Nehru system. From there I want to drop by the Mizar system and our end point will be Barisa Prime.

OPS: Mr. He'nom please assist the XO with setting up the feeds. I want you in constant touch with the hub and the surrounding ships.

CTO: I want you to run drills starting now, prepare this crew for possible Tzenkethi opposition.

TAC: When Doctor Kymar has signed off, you may return to Tactical. I better find his report to my liking Cadet.

CMO: Doctor Kymar, prepare sickbay for casualties. I hope I'm proven wrong.

SCI: Cadet, I want our sensors pointed towards the border at all times. We need to gather as much information as we can on our journey. Let's not forget to explore, there must be a lot of interesting systems along the way.

That is all.

Captain Jonathan Rome.
Captain Jonathan Rome
Commanding Officer
USS Hyperion

Commander
*I* put Baby in a corner!

"The Patrol" - Prologue

Postby C. J. Short » Mon Sep 15, 2014 3:55 pm

He watched the chronometer closely, eying the seconds and fractions of seconds as they passed, seeming both inexorable and interminable. He had waited months for this moment, and even as it grew near, it still felt so far away.

20 seconds.

15 seconds.

Years of planning had gone into this. Candidates had been recruited carefully, weeded out by exacting specifications and personality requirements. None too rash, or bold; nobody overly smart or stupid. Just average, gullible sheep.

10 seconds.

As meticulous as it had all been, he'd felt it had all gone smoothly. His instructions had been impeccable, and he couldn't recall hitting one significant obstacle along the path. Still, he knew no plan ever went perfectly. He would have to stay sharp once things were in motion. He would have to keep on top of the unexpected the moment it occurred, would have to have an answer for everything.

5 seconds.

He was ready. He knew he was ready. He'd been ready the instant he'd received the first message.

4 seconds.

This was the start of something glorious, something that would change the quadrant, and the galaxy, forever.

3 seconds.

It would all be thanks to his efforts, his tenacity.

2 seconds.

His name would be remembered forever.

1 second.

"Now," he whispered, sending the comms.

==============

Kivan was a nervous wreck. He shouldn't have been; he'd gone over this in his head for months. He knew he was doing the right thing. Mizarians had always been accepting of their circumstances, and he was no different, or so he wanted to believe. Then again, maybe he was different. Perhaps that was why he'd been chosen for this. He paused briefly, taking a deep breath. He'd been told this would happen. Doubt always crept in when the time came, he'd been told.

"Fear is the mind killer," he whispered to himself, reasserting his resolve.

The Unity Festival was already well under way. The crowds were always largest the first day, and that was important. He made his way patiently through the crowds, giving brief, strained smiles at those he passed. They had no idea what was about to begin. He slipped through the throng, making his way towards the commencement stage, where the Paizark had just finished speaking. He walked calmly up the steps.

It was different from what he had expected, seeing them all passing by his feet, oblivious to the glory he represented. He had prepared himself for a wave of empathy, more creeping doubts about his destiny. As he watched them, though, he was surprised to find that he felt only satisfaction. This was a day that would change Mizar forever, and here his people were, playing games and binging on decadent foods. He wondered if they would even be grateful for the gift they were about to receive.

Calmly, Kivan removed his robe, revealing the tricobalt device strapped to his chest. It caught the attention of a few of the passers by, their brows furrowed in confusion. Kivan held the detonator up high, smiling triumphantly at his people.

"It has begun!" he announced, pressing the button.
Last edited by C. J. Short on Mon Sep 15, 2014 4:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"As long as I have a want, I have a reason for living. Satisfaction is death." - George Bernard Shaw, Overruled

Commander

Re: U.S.S. Hyperion Arc #4 - The Patrol

Postby Einar S » Mon Sep 15, 2014 4:04 pm

holy crap!
Captain Jonathan Rome
Commanding Officer
USS Hyperion

Lieutenant
Pezzley Snipes

Postby Andrew Rice » Mon Sep 15, 2014 4:09 pm

Well there goes half a city.
Vincit Omnia Veritas - The truth conquers all things.

TAC - LtJG. Soule Douglas - USS Hyperion NCC-77989 / S.T.A.R. ECS
ENG - Lt. Ilaihr - USS Atlantis NCC-1021-D
CSO - LtJG. Hamlet - USS Sentinel NCC-79088

Lieutenant

Postby Babette C » Mon Sep 15, 2014 4:35 pm

Yep.. preparing for casualties…
CMO - Lt. Isabelle Rousseau - USS Hyperion NCC-77989
AMB - Lt. JG Rebecca Terell - USS Sentinel NCC-79088

Commander

Postby Aoibhe Ni » Mon Sep 15, 2014 5:45 pm

Oh, we are screwed!

Commander

Mission briefing 11409.22

Postby Einar S » Mon Sep 22, 2014 2:19 pm

INCOMING TRANSMISSION

SUBJECT : Mission Briefing Stardate: 11409.22

NAV: Cadet, set a course around the cloud, quarter impulse. Let's give Science time to study it.

OPS: Mr. He'nom report to the Bridge.

CTO: Make sure this cloud doesn't affect our systems. Also run scans for cloaked vessels.

TAC: Prepare the ship for combat and MVAW seperation.

CMO: Doctor Kymar, please handle the Science operations for the time being unless called to Sickbay.

MED: Ensign prep sickbay for casualties.

That is all.

Captain Jonathan Rome.
Captain Jonathan Rome
Commanding Officer
USS Hyperion

Commander

Postby Aoibhe Ni » Mon Sep 29, 2014 6:13 pm

INCOMING TRANSMISSION

FROM: Lieutenant Commander Niamh Danann, First Officer, USS Hyperion NCC-77989
SUBJECT : Mission Briefing Stardate: 11409.29

NAV: Gunn, get us where you're going and then I want you to review your emergency manoeuvres during your next shift. If the Captain orders you to do anything, I expect you to be as sharp as a tack. Call on me if you need a hand.

CTO: Feyna, Douglas... I don't know what to tell you guys. "Expect the unexpected" seems assinine, "prepare for anything" equally so, but nonetheless...do. Fact is, we have no idea what, if anything may happen next, so keep that tactical console manned at ALL times, take fewer trips to the replicator, and stay sharp. While we have the chance, I expect you both to work together to test all phaser banks, torpedoes and shields. Any flaws should be reported directly to me, as well as Engineering.

CMO: Kymar, I need you to drop by Sickbay and run drills with Rousseau. We have very little intel on what is ahead, I want to be sure we all react as fast as possible should we encounter any trouble.

Lieutenant Commander Niamh Danann, XO USS Hyperion

Commander

Mission Briefing Stardate 11410.20

Postby Einar S » Mon Oct 20, 2014 12:01 am

INCOMING TRANSMISSION

SUBJECT : Mission Briefing Stardate: 11410.20

XO: Inform Starfleet Command to seal off the whole sector, no vessels in or out. If this goes bad, we don't want any more ships trapped here.

OPS: Welcome aboard Commander. I appreciate you starting work earlier than planned, but with this threat I need all the experienced hands on the Bridge.

NAV: Cadet Gunn, I want you to prepare for emergency warp at maximum warp out of the system. Engage only if these bombs go off, don't wait for my order.

CTO/TAC: Prepare three person teams consisting of two Tactical and one Engineering officers for every single bomber down there. Prepare them for mass deployment. I will deal with the Engineering briefing, you just tell your people...tell them we will try to get everyone home safe, but make sure they know......make sure they know they might not.

CMO/MED: Doctors, well done today. At least there is some news that can still make us smile a little bit today. Please prepare all ship sections for casualties and prepare for wounded.

Godspeed.

Captain Rome
Captain Jonathan Rome
Commanding Officer
USS Hyperion

Next

Return to U.S.S. Hyperion