CMO Lieutenant Isabelle Rousseau

Forum for the U.S.S. Hyperion, running every Monday at 1900 UTC. Talk about your missions and your crewmates here, or feel free to post your logs for everyone to read.
Commander

Re: CMO LtJG Isabelle Rousseau

Postby Einar S » Sat Sep 26, 2015 6:31 pm

a great log :) well done you two
Captain Jonathan Rome
Commanding Officer
USS Hyperion

Lieutenant

Postby Babette C » Mon Oct 05, 2015 7:22 pm

11509-28 Hippocratic Oath - Part four (Dr. Rousseau and Ensign Teryl)

"Doctor Rousseau?" Raifi asked, looking over his shoulder at the Doctor where she was doings rounds, checking on the results of her therapy. "I did some digging and found articles written by Dr. Elan which substantiate our claims"

Isabelle turned from checking Lina’s vitals. She, along with all of the others who had volunteered for the gene therapy, had improved quite a bit in the last few hours. It looked as if the cure was well in hand.
“Excellent.” She crossed the room to where Raifi was reading the information on a console. “So it’s true that he engineered this virus?”

"No. But he is the architect..." Raifi swiped back a page and brought up Dr. Elan's personnel record. "Dr. Shi Elan, almost 312 Terran years old. Fled his homeworld in the year 2265 after the Borg devastated his home world. Rescued by the U.S.S Enterprise in 2293 from an energy ribbon in space....quite interesting in fact, I've bookmarked that for further reading..." he noticed the look of annoyance on the Doctor's face and cleared his throat before continuing. "Studied microbiology, took up a research position on Trill for over 60 years before heading up the microbiology department of Starfleet Medical on Terra. Recently stopped teaching and accepted a professorship at Daystrom where he pioneered a way to manipulate a viral cell to occupy any receptor in a blood cell, as a way of blanket-inoculation against any blood-borne virus.....in short, the method used to modify the plague virus is the one he created."

She listened carefully to the synopsis of Elan’s career, raising her eyebrows at the mention of Starfleet Medical, before focusing on the final piece of information. “Blanket inoculation.. How ironic that the method he developed to help people got twisted to use as an agent of destruction.” She looked sadly towards her remaining Teffen patients, who had recently lost their leader. “I still don’t understand the kind of thinking that would result in the desire to create something that can destroy half of an entire planet’s population. Why would they want to do such a thing?”

"I don't know Doctor Rousseau....but it saddens me that a tool that could be used for the betterment of all would be used for such a...sinister purpose"

Isabelle nodded. The enormity of the task that they were facing had taken a huge strain on her in the past few days and she sighed with exhaustion. She closed her eyes, then opened them again to focus on Raifi’s words, taking a moment to think about the new information. “It saddens me too. Also, it makes no sense.. If Elan didn’t create the Teffen virus directly, and the Teffens didn’t have the technology to develop it, I wonder who is actually behind it? There’s a piece of information that we’re still missing.”

Raifi leaned back in his seat, his eyes focused on the panel before him "That's for Captains and Admirals to worry about, what we can do right here and now, my dear Doctor Rousseau, is use whatever records are on file to help make your cure more efficient. You get the coffee and I will bring up the research notes?"

“You’re right, Ensign. The Captain will certainly want to see this new information on Dr. Elan, and he can pass it along to the appropriate people; they may be able to find the missing information, if there is any... But getting this cure finished is our top priority right now. And I could certainly use another coffee..” She rubbed her tired eyes. “Although I’m beginning to worry if I’ve got more caffeine than blood in my system right now.”

She flagged down a passing medical assistant. “Please get us two coffees, no sugar,” then turned back to Raifi. “Let’s see what’s in the research notes.”

Raifi's brow lowered as he sulked over the 'no sugar' part, but was not going to argue with his commanding officer...and the one officer who could make him run on a treadmill like some rat. "Yes Doctor Rousseau! I've transferred all the information to the Captain's desk and distributed it to the fleet"

“All right, very good.“ She took a long sip of her coffee as soon as it was brought to them, nodding her thanks to the assistant before he scurried away on some other task. “If there’s any new information in here that will help us improve the vaccine we’re working on, we won’t have to completely re-invent the wheel..” She paged through the research notes, attempting to find anything more that could help them.

“You’ve done some good work here, thank you for all your help, Ensign. We should have more than enough information for the medical fleet now.. the vaccine should be completed in no time.”
CMO - Lt. Isabelle Rousseau - USS Hyperion NCC-77989
AMB - Lt. JG Rebecca Terell - USS Sentinel NCC-79088

Lieutenant

Postby Babette C » Wed Oct 07, 2015 6:12 pm

11510.05 The Waiting

… “Imzadi..” …

The ocean waves roared upon the shore, cries of seagulls could be heard above the surf. Isabelle’s booted feet crunched on the gravel path as she wandered slowly down to the Baie du Scall, her thoughts far away. Her hair was whipped into her face by the wind coming off of the bay; she pulled her coat around her and shivered.
“ugh.. Computer, reduce wind speed by 10 knots.”
The wind died down, and her hair ceased to lash her face. She pulled it back from her eyes, now able to see where the small boat lay anchored in the water at the end of the dock.

She’d woken up suddenly in the middle of the night, the knowledge hitting her like a rock. He was gone… and she didn’t know when.. or if, he would be coming back. She’d told herself not to worry; she’d kept repeating it to herself, and she thought she would eventually believe it. It had worked for the past few days anyway.

But worry has a way of sneaking up on you when you least expect it…

…"I have to go away..."
“…for how long?”, she asked quietly.
"I don’t know...."…

What if…
No, I can’t worry...
What if.. he doesn’t come back?

She’d given up on sleep for tonight. Instead, she’d come here, to think.. to remember. Back at home, her favorite place was on the seashore near her grandfather’s village in Bretagne. Here, now, it was a source of comfort – one of the first memories of home that she’d shared with Soule.

The small boat bobbed at the end of the dock. She approached it and sat inside, feeling the rocking of the ocean’s waves. It was a replica of her grandfather’s sailboat. He had built it himself, a traditional sailboat – no computer, no motor.. just powered by the wind and sea. She’d spent many childhood summers with him learning to sail it around the coast. Tonight, more than ever, she needed the ocean’s soothing rhythm to quell the fears in her mind. She cast off the moorings, and let the wind fill the sails, steering the boat quickly towards the horizon. The light faded towards the west, the sun dipping over the edge of the sky..

”Ya Amar…”, he whispered…
It meant ‘my beauty’.. ‘my moon’, a term of endearment. She smiled at the memory, hearing his voice, seeing every feature of his face in her mind’s eye. It was the last significant amount of time that they had spent together, just a few days before. Then on the last night, they had only a final few tearful moments together before he boarded his shuttle and was gone.

What if..? No.. he’ll be back. I can’t worry. I can’t…
Soule’s mission.. whatever it was.. was classified. She couldn’t even talk about it to anyone on the crew, could tell no-one why she was so moody and distracted, why there was such a haunted look in her eyes. No-one except for Vitro.. and she was probably going to have to erase those memory files from his holo-matrix when she did. Before Soule had left, he’d pressed a small object into her hand – a data crystal that contained Vitro’s access codes. Vitro was hers for safe-keeping.. for as long as Soule was away.
If.. she tried to push the rest of that thought out of her head. He would be back.

A small island became visible up ahead in the fading light. On it, the ruins of an ancient circle of menhirs, silhouetted against the setting sun. She steered the boat into the island’s small harbour and docked it. She walked up the familiar path and into the centre of the stone circle, seating herself on the thick vegetation that grew over the rocky ground. This had been one of her favorite spots when she was growing up; the site of many family summer outings, and where she liked to come to be alone when she needed to think. She leaned back, looking up at the vast expanse of stars above. He was somewhere out there.. fighting the last remnants of a war that was supposedly already over.

…“Wherever it is you’re going… I’ll be thinking of you. Just.. try to make it back home, ok?”

"The heavens couldn't stop me. I'd fight my way out of Sto'vo'kor, to return to you. The Tzenkethi are in for a surprise if they think they can get in my way. I promise, my love... my Imzadi."…

“Imzadi….” She whispered to the stars.. “Prends soin de toi. Je te reverrai bientôt..”

“J'espère …”

Commander

Postby Einar S » Wed Oct 07, 2015 6:14 pm

fantastic log Babs! Beautifully written
Captain Jonathan Rome
Commanding Officer
USS Hyperion

Lieutenant
Banned

Character Name: Alexis Wright

Postby Holly Kolodziejczak » Wed Oct 07, 2015 7:32 pm

That was really beautiful. It's too easy to forget the thoughts and worries of the people we leave behind.
CSO Lt Commander Alexis Wright, U.S.S. Atlantis

Lieutenant

Postby Babette C » Sat Oct 17, 2015 1:02 pm

11510.12 Homecoming (Izzy & Soule)
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=47&p=4585#p4585

Lieutenant

Postby Babette C » Thu Nov 05, 2015 7:38 pm

11511.02 Raincheck (Izzy & Soule)

In the main living area of Isabelle’s quarters, the evening's dinner remnants had been left on the table in the dining area, alongside a vase with a beautiful purple flower inside. The coffee table next to the sofa held a couple of glasses of mostly finished wine, as well as a plate containing a few crumbs of a shared chocolate dessert.

The glow of an almost burnt-down candle flickered from a shelf in the bedroom, illuminating a tangled pile of blankets on the bed. The pile of blankets moved, and Isabelle stirred, poking a bare toe out from the edge of the covers. The temperature contrast of the cooler air on her big toe made her pull her foot back inside, shifting her feet backwards to find a leg next to hers that was not her own. In her half-asleep state, she moved towards Soule, and snuggled into his warmth, murmuring happily. “Mmm.. I’m not dreaming...”

Soule sensed Izzy's stirring, feeling her nudge closer, undoubtedly to steal his heat. He emanated heat like a radiator, however, so he was more than happy to oblige. He threaded his arms around her waist and pulled the pair of them closer together, gently kissing her shoulder and up her neck as he slowly opened his eyes.

"Pas du tout, ma chérie. No guarantees that I'm not however. Oh, but what a dream." He whispered in her ear.

She sighed blissfully, whispering back. “If you’re still dreaming, then I like being in the middle of it. I certainly had fun.“

"You're always in the middle of my dreams." He mumbled back, enraptured by her in his arms. "Your skin is so silky smooth and your hair smells of sweet berries. So, the jury's out on whether it's a dream."

"Mmmm fun..." He growled, kissing the nape of her neck. He leant up, and brushing a strand of hair from her face, planted a kiss on the corner of her lips. "I like fun."

She turned towards him and finished the kiss, now fully awake again.
“Speaking of fun.. I think we should turn off the gravity plating more often.” She winked at him. "Everything looks different from the ceiling.."

He laughed cheekily, feeling awake again, and very fired up all of a sudden. "Sudden spark of inspiration." He ran his hand down the small of her back, and examined her perfect form. "You get one hell of a view."

"Slight tangent... we need to remember to bolt the furniture and ornaments down. And I will subsequently fix that armchair."

She cast an eye around the disarray in the bedroom, grinning at him. “I’m surprised bolted-down furniture doesn’t come standard on a starship. Live and learn..“ She burst out giggling. “How that candle over there survived, I’ll never know..”

She gazed at him, thoroughly happy. “It certainly is one hell of a view.”

"Well... I guess furniture just defies the conventions of space travel. And that candle is evidently fixed to that shelf via magic." He gazed around the room, with a massive grin on his face. "...Because literally everything else went for a burton. Even the mattress we're laying on is skewiff."

He giggled to himself for a long while, a marvelled look on his face. "It's really cold outside..." He started to growl quietly, grinning, before he suddenly pounced her, and pulled the largest blanket over the top of them.

“Very cold.. Remind me to tell engineering.. later.“ Isabelle giggled from underneath the blankets. “…much later,” she murmured, between kisses.
“…or ..uh… maybe… never…” She trailed off.. finding it difficult to speak just then.

We'll just have to keep each other warm... I suppose." He managed to let out, before losing himself to the throes of passion, and setting about to make Izzy's toes curl.

Passion’s fire heated them both, to the point where the temperature didn’t seem so cold anymore. Isabelle threw off the blanket with a gasp.. still tangled up in the sheets, sweat trickling down her forehead. “I’m not cold anymore.. how about you?”

Soule gazed up at her, looking very pleased with himself; a grin like a Cheshire cat. "It was cold?" He winked innocently as he pulled himself back to the top of the bed, and sighed happily. "I really missed you." He planted a gentle peck on her cheek.

“I really missed you too.” She laid against his chest, a contemplative look on her face. “Only Vitro knows just how much.. and he doesn’t remember. I couldn’t really tell anyone else, but I thought about you every minute you were gone. I’m glad it’s over now.”

"So am I." He wrapped his arm around her, and got comfortable with her on his chest. He traced his finger on her spine, and kissed her on the forehead. "And I'm not going anywhere any time soon."

"I hope Vitro wasn't too resistant to have his memory erased."

“He complained a little bit, but I had to explain that it was necessary, to keep you safe. He calmed down after that.“ She smoothed a finger around the raised edge of one of Soule’s scars, resting her hand on his side; giving a relaxed sigh.

"I bet you got the barrage of questions, and the sudden debate on the philosophy of life and consciousness? Because he does that with me every single time." He chuckled. "Are you sure you want to make these alterations? Is it really the correct course of action? What does a bird see, when it gazes up into the stars above?" He said in the same deep and direct yet polite manner Vitro speaks in.

He giggled as her finger tickled his scar, before concentrating on the motion, being comforted by the calm. He closed his eyes for a second, and focused on a sensation as simple as her hand on his side; the electric he felt along his naked skin, that was from more than just physical touch. He smiled, feeling content in the moment, slowly starting to drift off.

She laughed. “I’m not sure if I got more complaining from Vitro when I removed the memory files, or from the EMH when I took out his opera singing subroutines.. it was a toss-up. Although Vitro does have better philosophical arguments, and he’s much less self-righteous.. “

She grinned at him, and shifted her head onto his shoulder, feeling the calm envelop them both. The weeks of uncertainty were gone, now replaced by an indescribable feeling of joy at her beloved’s return. She also drifted off, nestled against him as her eyes blinked closed again.

Feeling her move, he peeked his eye open briefly, closing it, and wrapping his arm around her. He blindly kissed her, soft and tenderly goodnight, unsure what part of her he was kissing, or if she was awake enough to feel it.

The feel of his lips on her temple woke her just enough, and she tilted her head upwards and kissed him properly on the lips. “Bonne nuit, chéri. Dors bien..”

Lieutenant

Postby Babette C » Mon Nov 23, 2015 6:50 pm

11511.16 Personal Log
When I first heard of Adria, I was a fresh-faced cadet in my first week of service on the Hyperion. Up until now, she just seemed like a nightmare figure..chasing Rome and the Hyperion across the galaxy for revenge as if we were part of some sick, twisted comic-book plot. She didn’t seem real.. until now.

I will do my part to bring the captain home. I will fight if necessary, but more importantly, I am ready to do my job. I am ready for… anything.

I am not afraid.

Commander
*I* put Baby in a corner!

Postby C. J. Short » Mon Nov 23, 2015 8:05 pm

<Yoda>: You will be... you will be...

Nice log, Babs :)
"As long as I have a want, I have a reason for living. Satisfaction is death." - George Bernard Shaw, Overruled

Lieutenant

Postby Babette C » Mon Nov 23, 2015 8:22 pm

Hahaha, still not afraid : P

Thanks, CJ :-)

PreviousNext

Return to U.S.S. Hyperion