CMO Lieutenant Isabelle Rousseau

Forum for the U.S.S. Hyperion, running every Monday at 1900 UTC. Talk about your missions and your crewmates here, or feel free to post your logs for everyone to read.
Commander

Re: CMO LtJG Isabelle Rousseau

Postby Einar S » Mon Nov 23, 2015 10:20 pm

nice insight into her frame of mind. Now let's scare her!
Captain Jonathan Rome
Commanding Officer
USS Hyperion

Lieutenant

Postby Babette C » Mon Dec 07, 2015 10:13 pm

11511.30 (Joint log with Lt. Commander Danann)
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=108&start=150#p4852
CMO - Lt. Isabelle Rousseau - USS Hyperion NCC-77989
AMB - Lt. JG Rebecca Terell - USS Sentinel NCC-79088

Lieutenant

Postby Babette C » Mon Dec 28, 2015 12:01 am

11512.14 (Joint log with Captain Rome)
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=59&start=180#p4936

Lieutenant

Postby Babette C » Tue Jan 05, 2016 4:04 pm

11512.14 Un Jour en Hiver (with Soule)

“So, what should we do today?” Isabelle took a bite of toast as she and Soule sat at a late breakfast. She had a much needed few days off after Rome was finally well enough to go back to his quarters. And, by some miracle, Soule had some time off as well.. “Have you ever gone ice skating? I haven't been in ages..”

Soule was very quiet; sipping his tea and idly looking over some tech schematics he was working on. He felt weary. The last few days or so on the bridge had seemed to grind him down; how the usual bark of orders he had gotten so fond of had been vacant, replaced by a silence and a sense of being punished for something he was utterly unaware of. He looked up from his moody miasma upon hearing her much beloved voice, with a dopey morning stare half inside his cup; the Englishman's method of buying time whilst his brain processed the question and an answer.

"Ice skating..." He echoed in the cup, before finishing the tea and removing it from his face. "I've never actually ice skated. Went once, but we fell through the ice. So we went ice swimming instead... it was cold." He chuckled to himself, with a grin on his face. "Been sledding, but that’s totally different. It shouldn't be too hard, right?"

“Then it’s a good thing we can program the holodeck to make thick ice so we can’t fall through.. “ She grinned at him, but saw that there was something bothering him as well, he did seem more quiet than usual. She took a last bite of her toast and got up and moved behind his chair, wrapping her arms around him in a hug. “Nope, not too hard.. it’s mostly a matter of keeping balance. Once you get that figured out, it’s easy..”

He mustered a smile. He hated her for that; she could drag him out of whatever stoop he found himself in, by whatever magic she wielded. He leant his head back, kissed her on the cheek, and gave a blissful sigh.

"Personally, I enjoyed the swimming. I learnt that Klingons generally don’t though, nor do they like the cold. I loved that day... they did not." He chucked his PADD down on the table, and gave her another fond peck on the lips. "I would love you to teach me how to ice skate."

She smiled and kissed him again, glad to see that he was cheering up. It wasn't just Soule who had been in a dark mood lately. There were many others on the ship who were feeling the tension from the endless search for Adria. Some time away from it would do them both some good. "Let's see, we're going to need some coats.. and of course, skates." She drained her own teacup and padded over to the replicator, putting in the requests for the necessary items. As an aside, she added, "Swimming huh.. well, if the ice skating doesn't work out, we could do that that instead.."

He smirked, his imagination running away with him; a few choice images of Izzy crossing his mind. He suddenly became very fond of the idea for swimming. He shook himself out of his daze, and crossed his arms behind his still leant back head, staring at her cheerfully. "You'll have no arguments from me."

"So, did you skate alot when you were a kid?"

From his expression, she had a good idea of what he was probably thinking. She crinkled her eyes at him with amusement as she gathered up the two coats and pairs of skates and brought them back to the table.

”Yes, I did..” She nodded. “Every winter there would be a skating rink set up in the square of my hometown. My brother and I used to go as often as we could. That usually meant about once a week or so. “ The thought of her hometown was making her nostalgic for Earth; it was probably almost winter there now. "It's been a few years though, I haven't gone since before I went to the Academy."

He could see the little glint in her eye, a mild longing for home that he was familiar with. "We should go." He smiled, pausing for a moment before clarifying. "You know, when we have some proper time off. Go home to Earth, I could... meet your family."

The next pause was much longer as he gave a nervous gulp, still smiling away. "I know my ummm... mum, is anxious to meet you."

“Your mum?” She asked in surprise. “I thought your parents.. “ she stopped and blushed, feeling awkward about finishing that sentence. Then her confused expression gave way to realization as she remembered a conversation they’d had several months ago. “Ohh.. You must mean the Admiral? I’d very much like to meet her too.” She beamed at him, kissing him on the cheek. “And, my parents are very anxious to meet you..”

She gave a wistful sigh. “It would be so good to go back for a visit. I haven’t been home in too long.”

He laughed to ease her awkwardness. "Barbara. I've taken to calling her mum... it makes her happy, and because, well... she basically is."

He took her hand and pulled her onto his lap as she sighed. "That’s one of the reasons I'm always working. I wanna whisk you away, so gotta save up all the days." He looked into her crystal blue eyes, with a smile. "Sooo, what have you told your folks about me?"

“Well..” she replied, gazing back into the deeper blue of his eye and settling against him, “I’ve told them that you’re really sweet, and smart, and handsome; talented, and funny and an amazing person. But most importantly… they know that I love you.”

“You really are, you know.. all of those things.”

He nuzzled the side of her head affectionately. "I hope they do like me. I know I don't make the best impressions on people... it's a wonder to me the one I made on you." He chuckled, feeling sincerely fortunate for of her. "I mean I don't know about all that; I like to think of myself as a lovable rogue who does really stupid things. I just dont want to come off as... a renegade and a thug... like I seem to come off as around here."

"I dunno, I'm probably over thinking it." He sighed, shaking his head in resignation. "I'm absolutely certain Babs will adore you though."

“You are overthinking it.. You won’t come off as a thug. Loveable rogue maybe.. “ she teased him with a wink. “Anyway, I love you for who you are, rough edges and all. And they will too.”

“So, tell me about Babs.. what’s she like?” She was content to relax, they didn’t have to be anywhere on a schedule today.

"I think she's an absolute dear; she's strong and wilful yet kind and caring, she has the most emotive eyes that always tell you what she thinks of you and how she's feeling... so she is honest to the point of bluntness."

"But, I haven't seen her in an official capacity since I was a little boy... and I have been led to believe that, as an Admiral, she is supposedly a thunderous battleaxe with a strict no-shit policy. Oh, and she used to be a doctor... although she likes to point out that she isn't a doctor anymore."

"Doctor, huh.." She grinned. "I like her already. We'll definitely have something to talk about… I think you'll get along fine with my parents. And Papa will probably talk your ear off about engineering if you let him.. he'd enjoy hearing about your work with holographics."

"She's patched me up a couple of times." He laughed, knowing that Izzy has still to patch him up proper. "I'm still nervous about what your parents will think, seeing someone like me with you. People base 85% of their first opinion of someone on appearance... and I can make three Nausicaans and a Gorn nervous in the right light."

He giggled, and fiddled with her hand playfully, to belay his actual discomfort at the discussion. He was genuinely worried that Izzy's parents wouldn't approve of him; because her eyes were one in a trillion, but what they beheld wasn't what most people saw. He pecked her on the cheek, to reassure her, and grinned back at her.

She smiled, kissing his forehead above his prosthetic right eye. “Imzadi…” She traced the scar underneath his eye to his cheek and then took his left hand. “’someone like you’ is someone who has fought through wars and survived, against odds that would make that same gorn and nausicaan cringe. And you’ve come out on the other side with your integrity and honour intact. You didn’t choose these scars, and they won’t judge you for it; and I feel sorry for anyone that can’t get past that to see the real you.”

He held her close and counted his lucky stars, sighing happily. "I love you, Izzy. I don’t know what I did to deserve a girl like you, but I'll take it... I mean, I certainly wont need to replicate it." He released his hold of her and stared at her adoringly for a moment, before planting a passionate kiss on her lips. "My moon..."

She lingered in the kiss, letting it take over her senses. She placed her hand at his back; could feel his heartbeat in pace with hers.. energy thrumming between the two of them. “My love..” she whispered, breathing a sigh of contentment. Her eyes slid over to the table, reminding her of the activity they’d planned for the day.. then back to him. “Hm.. do you want to go out now.. or later?”

His eyes dizzy, he smirked. "Well; the choice is go out with you, or stay in with you. I did say I'd let you teach me how to skate, and I am nothing if not a man of my word." He leant in, gently kissing up her neck, before whispering in her ear. "We don't have to end the day after skating, after all."

“Oh, most definitely not.. “, she whispered back. “The thing about skating is.. you have to come back inside and warm up afterwards. That’s the best part…”

"Mmmm. Something to look forward to." He grinned, biting his own lip. "Ladies first."

She grinned back at him, gave him a peck on the lips, then hopped off of his lap. She picked up her pair of skates and slung them over her shoulder, grabbing her coat with her other hand. “Let’s go..”

Lieutenant

Postby Andrew James » Wed Jan 13, 2016 7:39 am

Nice log!

Lieutenant

Postby Babette C » Mon Feb 01, 2016 7:33 am

11601.25 The Worst Part of the Job
Isabelle pulled off her red surgical scrubs, tossing them into the recycler, feeling the adrenaline drain from her system now that the worst part of the days events were over. Danann was being transferred to the recovery room, still on life support. She had made it through the surgery. She would live.. but her baby was not so lucky.

She tried to work out in her mind how she was going to tell Niamh the bad news. This was by far the worst part of her job. Far worse even than identifying bodies in the morgue. The loss of a child was unimaginably painful. She could fix bodies.. but this was a wound that would never heal.

She closed her eyes, fighting back the angry tears that threatened to take over. She was angry at Adria for capturing Niamh and for letting this happen. It wasn’t her job to go down to the brig and take it out on Adria, that was for her superior officers to deal with.. but she wouldn’t have minded getting in line (it was probably going to be a very long one). As much as she wanted to though, she couldn’t. Danann needed her now, and she wasn’t going to abandon her post.

She remembered how confused and upset Niamh had been upon learning she was pregnant, and how her feelings had changed as the weeks went on, growing slowly but surely towards a mother’s love. Now her world would be shifted yet again, in a direction that could possibly devastate her. She would need time, and likely counseling, and probably more time.. and it might still not be enough…
Last edited by Babette C on Mon Feb 01, 2016 3:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Lieutenant

Postby Vanessa Brinkman » Mon Feb 01, 2016 3:01 pm

I'm not even on Hyperion and I feel the pain. I think you guys need a long shore leave, preferably on Risa.
SCI Lt. T'Lira, USS Atlantis
CMO Lt. Sarissa t'Kaveth, USS Sentinel
CTO Lt. Noemi Idaris, Sigma Rho

Commander

Postby Aoibhe Ni » Mon Feb 01, 2016 8:53 pm

Babette C wrote:She would need time, and likely counseling, and probably more time.. and it might still not be enough…

...and whiskey. Looooots of whiskey.

Lieutenant

Postby Babette C » Mon Feb 08, 2016 10:21 pm

11602.01 The Loss

Isabelle continued to keep her arms around Niamh’s shoulders, just letting her release the torrent of emotion that came from learning of her loss. All Isabelle could think of to do at that moment was to make what she hoped were comforting shush-hush noises.. no other words would have sufficed at that point. After some time, the tears subsided enough for Danann to release her hold on the doctor, and Isabelle helped her to lay back down on the pillow.

“Let me get you something to dry your face..” She took a small towel from a nearby cabinet and handed it to Niamh.

Niamh took it, but didn't use it. She closed her eyes. "When...?" she asked, her voice raw. "When did she die?"

"Just shortly after the explosion and the piece of shrapnel hit you. She was.. she was already gone by the time you’d been beamed back into sickbay.”

Niamh accepted this information with a soft nod. "Where is she?"

"In the morgue," Isabelle replied quietly.

Niamh's voice quivered uncontrollably as she continued her line of questioning. "Is she alone in there?"

Isabelle shook her head, biting back what threatened to be a fresh wave of emotion. “No. We …encountered the transport that you were on. Adria had destroyed it, and.. the passengers are in the morgue as well.”

Danann processed this information. She was relieved that her tiny daughter wasn't in there on her own - irrational as it was, the thought of her being without someone to comfort her was more than Niamh could bear - but knowing that others had had their lives cut short because of Adria too made the tragedy so much more acute.

She fell into a deep silence for some minutes as the doctor sat with her.
Eventually, she opened her eyes and asked, "Adria. What happened to her?"

“We captured her. She’s in the Brig. As I understand it, Captain Rome is in there speaking with her now.”

"He'll give her hell for this," she replied with surprising finality.

Isabelle nodded in agreement. “Judging by the expression on his face when he left sickbay with Joanne, I think you’re right.”

Niamh nodded, her emotions threatening to overwhelm her once more. "I want to speak to Adria. When will I be recovered enough to see her, doctor?

Isabelle hesitated. It had been less than an hour since Niamh had woken up from a major surgery, and she didn’t want to make her recovery any more difficult than it needed to be by allowing her near that woman. On the other hand, talking to Adria might also provide a form of closure, at best.

“Normally I’d want to keep you here for a minimum of twenty-four hours after your surgery to make sure that your recovery is going smoothly. I could let you go there sooner if I keep you monitored while you’re down there, and possibly having one of my staff nearby in case of problems. I’d probably also have to get clearance from Captain Lyon. Are you sure about this?”

Niamh focused on the ceiling. "Absolutely."

“All right. But I prefer that you rest and recover here as long as possible before going down there. Talking with Adria would take a lot out of even a healthy person. Also, I will speak with Captain Lyon, and let him know that you’re awake. It you’re up to it, he wants to see you…”

Lieutenant

Postby Babette C » Fri Feb 12, 2016 5:43 pm

11602.01 Part 1: Questions (With Sasha and Soule)
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=47&start=190#p5132

PreviousNext

Return to U.S.S. Hyperion