CMO Lieutenant Isabelle Rousseau

Forum for the U.S.S. Hyperion, running every Monday at 1900 UTC. Talk about your missions and your crewmates here, or feel free to post your logs for everyone to read.
Lieutenant

CMO Lieutenant Isabelle Rousseau

Postby Babette C » Mon Aug 11, 2014 4:18 am

First Away Mission: Log one
Captain Rome's voice sprung from Isabelle's comm badge, startling her. A mission briefing rolled across the screen.
"Cadet Rousseau, Report to Commander Foxworthy in the Main Shuttlebay. Bring your Tricorder."
She tapped the badge in reply."Yes, Sir". She quickly read the mission briefing, and then grabbed her Tricorder and a Medkit.
She thought to herself, "Looks like you're going to get to find out what happened on the planet after all.."
Isabelle felt more than a little nervous. At least she had Away Mission training at the academy. Her mind went over some of the holo-simulations. The ones involving the Borg had always terrified her. "Get ahold of yourself, Rousseau."

As she rode the turbolift down to the main shuttle bay, she went over her medkit contents in her mind, trying to calm herself down. "Hypospray, Dermal regenerator, Bone regenerator, Micro-suture, gloves, wound cleanser, emergency blanket, Splint, cast, neck brace, flares….."
"Bourbon, Vodka…teddy bear..." she added, under her breath.

Medical Officer's Log, Stardate 11408.04
"The good news is that there don't appear to be any Borg down here. The wreckage seems to be thousands of years old. The bad news? They said something about Giant Spiders.. Thankfully we haven't seen any this time…yet. We've been scanning for life signs and Commander Danann's signature has not been located. From what I understand, she's lost inside of that dampening field. We probed the area in the field, but the probe was either shot down, or blown up, or something. Before it stopped transmitting, we got heavy energy readings. Whatever's making that field, it's big. A huge beam of light just shot up into the air from inside the dampening field, and the ground shook. From the comm chatter, it sounds like it enveloped the Hyperion. Now it's getting dark, and we're heading into the forest.. god, I hope we don't run into any spiders…"
Last edited by Babette C on Mon Apr 11, 2016 11:59 pm, edited 11 times in total.
CMO - Lt. Isabelle Rousseau - USS Hyperion NCC-77989
AMB - Lt. JG Rebecca Terell - USS Sentinel NCC-79088

Commander

Re: MED Ensign Isabelle Rousseau

Postby Einar S » Mon Aug 11, 2014 11:06 am

Babette C wrote:As she rode the turbolift down to the main shuttle bay, she went over her medkit contents in her mind, trying to calm herself down. "Hypospray, Dermal regenerator, Bone regenerator, Micro-suture, gloves, wound cleanser, emergency blanket, Splint, cast, neck brace, flares….."
"Bourbon, Vodka…teddy bear..." she added, under her breath.

fantastic log Babette :) that really made me chuckle
Captain Jonathan Rome
Commanding Officer
USS Hyperion

Lieutenant

Re: MED Cadet Isabelle Rousseau

Postby Babette C » Thu Sep 04, 2014 3:20 pm

First Away Mission, Log 2 - Stardate 11408.11
Fear is a healthy thing, it raises your adrenaline, keeps you alert.

Isabelle brushed a large spider web away from her face as the away team inspected the area near the Borg landing site.
“Spiders aren't so bad when they're nice, small normal spiders.. Nasty, giant ones on the other hand,” she thought to herself. She shuddered as night fell around them. Yes, her tricorder wasn’t detecting any more large infrared signatures, but her mind was playing tricks on her out here. She could have sworn she saw something skittering through the trees. She wouldn't have minded studying them, in daylight. Just not at night when they could be …eaten.

Isabelle’s phaser was set on stun, she was hoping fervently that she wouldn't have to use it. "Do no harm…"

Her tricorder registered an infrared signal deep inside the dampening field, close to the beam of light that had shot up into the sky. It could be the missing XO and Lt. Hill. Feyna had disappeared, but Foxworthy reassured them that she was just covering their backs. Isabelle followed Foxworthy’s light into the darkening jungle, followed by Douglas. “The signal is pointing towards the center of the field, Sir,” she reported to the Commander.

As they made their way through the jungle, a garbled message came through to Foxworthy's comm badge. “-peat, return to land..site.”
“Orders are to go back, we'll get in touch with the Hyperion and see what's up when we get there.”

As much as she wanted to be a part of the mission to rescue the missing XO, Isabelle was very glad to return to the shuttles. But still, where were the missing officers? What if they needed medical attention? She didn't want to just leave them down here. But orders were orders...
Last edited by Babette C on Thu Sep 04, 2014 4:19 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Lieutenant

Postby Babette C » Thu Sep 04, 2014 3:31 pm

Return to the Ship: Log 3 - Stardate 11408.25
The entire ship had shuddered and the power went down, emergency lighting blinking on.

Now Isabelle was crawling through the Jeffries tubes as fast as she could. Communications were being jammed. The only way to find out what was going on was to re-establish contact with the Bridge. They had managed to successfully get through the shuttle bay doors, but once inside, it was all controlled confusion. As they were returning in the shuttles, Borg activity had been detected on the surface, and now the power had gone out.

Douglas had been right behind her, but she had looked back and he was no longer following her. As she had climbed the ladder, she thought she had heard one of the other officers calling him away for something. She tapped her comm badge futilely. “Douglas, what’s going on? Are you there?” No answer. “Commander Foxworthy?” Still no answer. . "Comm must still be out", she thought to herself. Not only that, but as they were coming into the Hyperion, Foxworthy had gone inexplicably silent. He hadn’t said a word since they landed. She and Douglas had to act on their own without a commander. As if this day hadn’t been strange enough. She couldn’t let this get to her. She looked determinedly ahead into the dimly lit Jeffries tube.
“Junction D2 to Alpha 5, then up…”
Last edited by Babette C on Thu Sep 04, 2014 3:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Lieutenant
Pezzley Snipes

Postby Andrew Rice » Thu Sep 04, 2014 3:49 pm

Excellent log Babs, I like it. I particularly like the part where Foxworthy goes silent, I thought that was funny. :D
Vincit Omnia Veritas - The truth conquers all things.

TAC - LtJG. Soule Douglas - USS Hyperion NCC-77989 / S.T.A.R. ECS
ENG - Lt. Ilaihr - USS Atlantis NCC-1021-D
CSO - LtJG. Hamlet - USS Sentinel NCC-79088

Lieutenant

Re: MED_Isabelle Rousseau

Postby Babette C » Thu Sep 04, 2014 3:52 pm

hehe, thanks Andrew. :D I thought that should be acknowledged somehow..
PS I sent you a message about co-writing a log. Just been waiting on the mission log from mon. to get posted...
Last edited by Babette C on Tue Dec 02, 2014 1:15 am, edited 1 time in total.

Commander

Postby Einar S » Thu Sep 04, 2014 4:21 pm

great logs Babs!
Captain Jonathan Rome
Commanding Officer
USS Hyperion

Lieutenant

Re: MED_Isabelle Rousseau

Postby Babette C » Mon Sep 29, 2014 10:46 pm

Log 4 - Stardate 11409.01
Isabelle kept a close watch on the Ensign’s vital signs as she readied the laser scalpel.
"Computer, give me a 3d image of the 4th anterior rib on the right side. Good, now zoom in on the fracture and entry point of the lung puncture".
“Are you sure you don’t want me to perform the surgery?”, the EMH said worriedly.
“Relax, Doctor, with you here assisting me, it should go fine. Besides, I’m never going to learn if I don’t do it myself.”

It was a compound fracture, with one piece puncturing the right lung, narrowly missing the internal thoracic artery. A ventilator assisted the Ensign's breathing as a steady drip of anesthetic was fed into the patient via an IV in his arm. "Just a small incision here, and I can remove the broken rib from his lung tissue..." She took a deep breath, and began the surgery.
The EMH assisted her anxiously, offering suggestions, and looking disappointed that he didn’t get to do it himself. She needed him in case of problems – this was the first major surgery she had performed herself, aside from practice in holo-simulations at Starfleet Medical. A half an hour later, she was done, closing up the wounds and mending his broken rib. “Good, the lung is returning to its normal position now,” Isabelle observed, watching the readouts. “He should be fine. Blood oxygen is almost at normal levels again. He should be off the ventilator within a few hours.”

She relaxed, taking off her scrubs and changing back into her normal uniform. She looked around. Sickbay was still filled with several patients, most with minor injuries from earlier in the day. She made the rounds, treating and releasing most of them.
The woman with the broken leg was awake and sitting up. Isabelle examined her leg. “Looks like your leg will be fine”, she said. “There will be some soreness for a couple of days as your muscles regain their strength, but you should have full use of it by the end of the week. You’re free to go, but come see me if you have any problems.”

The end of her shift finally arrived, and in one very long day, she’d gone from first away mission, to performing her first surgery. She felt like a different person now, more self assured, more ready to take on what lay ahead.
Last edited by Babette C on Tue Dec 02, 2014 1:15 am, edited 1 time in total.

Commander

Postby Einar S » Tue Sep 30, 2014 12:01 am

amazing log Babs :) I'd let you perform surgery on me anytime!
Captain Jonathan Rome
Commanding Officer
USS Hyperion

Lieutenant
Pezzley Snipes

Postby Andrew Rice » Tue Sep 30, 2014 3:13 am

Were those the same two I dealt with in triage?
Vincit Omnia Veritas - The truth conquers all things.

TAC - LtJG. Soule Douglas - USS Hyperion NCC-77989 / S.T.A.R. ECS
ENG - Lt. Ilaihr - USS Atlantis NCC-1021-D
CSO - LtJG. Hamlet - USS Sentinel NCC-79088

Next

Return to U.S.S. Hyperion