U.S.S. Hyperion Arc #3 - Rosetta

Forum for the U.S.S. Hyperion, running every Monday at 1900 UTC. Talk about your missions and your crewmates here, or feel free to post your logs for everyone to read.
Commander

Mission briefing 11409.01

Postby Einar S » Mon Sep 01, 2014 1:35 pm

INCOMING TRANSMISSION
HYPERION SENIOR STAFF PRIORITY
COMMUNIQUE TO: All Senior Staff, USS Hyperion NCC-77989
FROM: Captain Jonathan Rome, Commanding Officer, Hyperion NCC-77989

SUBJECT : Mission Briefing Stardate: 11409.01

*Away Team*: I have no idea if any of you can hear me. Report to your stations immediately.

*Medical*: Medical, we need assistance on the lounge.

NAV: Mr. Gunn, stabilize this damn ship!

*OPS*: Mr. Raymaker, all hands on deck. Report to the Bridge.

SCI: Mr. Proszowski, get me detailed readings on that Borg wreckage.
Captain Jonathan Rome, CO USS Hyperion
Captain Jonathan Rome
Commanding Officer
USS Hyperion

Commander
*I* put Baby in a corner!

Epilogue

Postby C. J. Short » Sun Sep 07, 2014 4:54 pm

In'es grumbled lightly to himself as he stalked along the limbs of the Tannin trees. The previous week had been an annoyance, to say the least; he'd had to endure ceaseless praying at the appearance of the sky lights, and then their hunt celebration had been disrupted by the visitors, with chaos ensuing shortly after. The Bosh'tek had assured them that what they'd seen wasn't dangerous, that the events simply marked a turning of the age. In'es found himself skeptical, to say the least.

The Child sighed softly to himself, stopping to sit on a branch. The Pillar of Stories had cease to glow, and the sky light, the Sentinels, had been obscure once more, and while In'es had admired them greatly, he felt much safer with them gone. It had been as if the eyes of the ancients themselves had been on him, and he was used to being unseen.

A sudden noise nearby shook him from his thoughts, and from his perch. The Child tumbled to the ground, grasping and breaking branches on his way down, trying to break his fall. He grunted heavily as he hit the ground, arching his back; he'd landed on a rock, it seemed. As he lay there, waiting for the pain to subside, he realized the sound had simply been a wockt, and he silently cursed his thoughtful nature, a weakness that could easily get him killed.

He rolled slowly to his feet, taking a moment to rub his back and looking for the rock, thinking to throw it out of spite. It wasn't a rock, however, at least not one he'd ever seen. He bent down to pick up the objects, turning it over slowly in his hands. It felt smooth, with rounded corners and some odd contraption in one end. There was a line running through it, over which he rubbed a finger, only to find the object opening.

He yelped and dropped the device as it lit up, several lights blinking and a disply showing odd pictures he couldn't recognize. Once he was assured it wasn't going to kill him, he approached cautiously, looking closely at the screen. He wondered what the symbol meant. It was an odd triangle with legs, and flattened circle behind it. He wondered what all the blinking lights meant, what the device was trying to tell him.

He wondered how it worked at all.
"As long as I have a want, I have a reason for living. Satisfaction is death." - George Bernard Shaw, Overruled

Commander

Re: U.S.S. Hyperion Arc #3 - Rosetta

Postby Einar S » Sun Sep 07, 2014 4:59 pm

thanks for that epilogue CJ :) I hope that doesn't come to bite us in the ass later haha
Captain Jonathan Rome
Commanding Officer
USS Hyperion

Commander

Re: U.S.S. Hyperion Arc #3 - Rosetta

Postby Aoibhe Ni » Mon Sep 08, 2014 9:28 am

::shakes her fist:: Hill!!!

Previous

Return to U.S.S. Hyperion