U.S.S. Hyperion Arc #3 - Rosetta

Forum for the U.S.S. Hyperion, running every Monday at 1900 UTC. Talk about your missions and your crewmates here, or feel free to post your logs for everyone to read.
Commander
*I* put Baby in a corner!

U.S.S. Hyperion Arc #3 - Rosetta

Postby C. J. Short » Thu May 29, 2014 12:49 pm

TO: CO Captain Jonathan Rome, USS Hyperion NCC-77989
CC: Senior Staff, USS Hyperion NCC-77989

Captain,

We've read your report on Adria, and I assure you the hunt is on. While the USS Vonnegut was unable to keep on her trail, they gave us a direction to search, and Starfleet Intelligence is on it. I want to commend you and your crew for performing admirably in unexpected circumstances, and protecting a Federation colony from a grave threat, both in Adria herself, and her ships.

I know it may not feel like a victory, Captain. By all accounts, Agent Madsen was an outstanding operative, truly dedicated to his mission, and his loss is felt by those who knew him, and many who didn't. A victory it is, however. Now that we know of her, she won't be able to move so easily; it's only a matter of time.

In the interim, the Hyperion is ordered to the Betreka Nebula. A long-monitored stellar disturbance there has recently lifted, and Starfleet cosmologists believe it will remain clear for several months. We've detected a previously unknown star system, including a solitary planet in the habitable zone; with all the stress your young crew has faced in recent weeks, I think a planetary survey will do them some good.

Good luck, Captain Rome.

Admiral Martin Walker
Starfleet Command
Last edited by C. J. Short on Sun Sep 07, 2014 4:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"As long as I have a want, I have a reason for living. Satisfaction is death." - George Bernard Shaw, Overruled

Commander
*I* put Baby in a corner!

Rosetta - Prologue

Postby C. J. Short » Thu May 29, 2014 2:04 pm

"In'es! In'es!" Kitla called. In'es sighed heavily. He was in the middle of preparing his Chat'wa for the next day's hunt; he wasn't in the mood to be bothered.

"Iwaeu," In'es chided, waving for Kitla to go away.

"Wa-NOK!" she insisted. In'es nearly threw his sharpening stone in frustration, but just sighed and set his Chat'wa aside. He stepped outside the het, into the eternal darkness, and looked angrily at Kitla.

"Wae?!" he demanded. Kitla simply pointed up at the sky. In'es looked, briefly, not understanding; it didn't look any different. He was about to scold Kitla for her ill-timed joke before he noticed it: a single point of light, shining down from the heavens. Then another, and another, the murky cloud that had dominated their view for generations slowly giving way to an awesome and haunting sight.

"Ast," Kitla whispered, and In'es couldn't help but agree.

It was a strange thing to see the faces of the gods. Long had there been tales of the sentinels in the sky, watching over them ever since the time of the Ancients; it had always been accepted that they were there, but In'es had grown increasingly skeptical over the years. Surely, these beings of light had only been some fairy tale to tell the young before sleeping, he had thought.

Now, though, all doubt had been swept away. Tears slowly fell from his eyes as the sky continued to clear, the sheer number of the sentinels overwhelming him. He could hear others falling to their knees, equally moved by the sight.

In'es slipped his arm around Kitla's shoulders, the two standing dumbstruck. He didn't know what this meant. Surely the Bosh'tek would have some explanation in the morning. Whether it would be the truth, he wasn't certain. Whatever this miracle in the sky meant, however, he was certain things would never be the same.
"As long as I have a want, I have a reason for living. Satisfaction is death." - George Bernard Shaw, Overruled

Commander

Mission Briefing Stardate 11406.02

Postby Einar S » Mon Jun 02, 2014 5:58 pm

INCOMING TRANSMISSION
HYPERION SENIOR STAFF PRIORITY
COMMUNIQUE TO: All Senior Staff, USS Hyperion NCC-77989
CC: Lieutenant Commander Niahm Danann, First Officer, USS Hyperion NCC-77989
FROM: Captain Jonathan Rome, Commanding Officer, Hyperion NCC-77989

SUBJECT : Mission Briefing Stardate: 11406.02

The Hyperion has been ordered to the Betreka nebula on a survey mission of a probable M-class planet in the habitable zone of a previously unknown star system. The system was discovered by long range scans after a long-monitored stellar disturbance in the nebula lifted. Starfleet is estimating the area will be clear to monitor for several months, so we are to survey the system and take readings of the planet.

I know most of you are still focused on catching Madsen's murderer and I applaud you, I promise you that we will find her, even if it takes months. Justice will be served. Until then, we will do what is asked of us.

XO: You have the Bridge, Commander. Inform me when we have reached our location.

OPS: Report to your station. Gather what we know so far and bring your report to Commander Danann. Patch me through to Admiral Walker, in my Ready room. Tell him it's urgent.

NAV: Set course for the Betreka nebula, top cruising speed. Prepare a flight plan through the nebula to our destination.

CTO: Make sure this ship is ready to defend itself in there, scan the area for any anomalies that might endanger this ship and the crew.

TAC: Take your orders from Lieutenant Feyna.

SCI: Prepare your probes and scientific arrays for study of the planet. Work with Engineering to prepare this ship for entry into the nebula.

CEO: Commander, make sure the ship is shielded from any effects from that nebula. Prep two shuttles for nebula runs.

That is all,

Captain Jonathan Rome, CO USS Hyperion
Captain Jonathan Rome
Commanding Officer
USS Hyperion

Commander

Mission Briefing Stardate: 11406.09

Postby Einar S » Mon Jun 09, 2014 5:57 pm

INCOMING TRANSMISSION
CC: Lieutenant Commander Niahm Danann, First Officer, USS Hyperion NCC-77989

SUBJECT : Mission Briefing Stardate: 11406.09

XO: Inform Starfleet Command and request instructions.

OPS: After the XO has sent her request, power down our subspace arrays and run silent. Reserve power for Tactical and Engineering.

NAV: Set a course out of here, maximum warp on my signal.

CTO: Maintain Red Alert, prepare this ship against Borg.

SCI: I want to know how long that debris has been there, and if there are other Borg signatures in the area.

CEO: Prep this ship against Borg technology. Lock out all essential systems, department heads only.

Captain Jonathan Rome
Commanding Officer
USS Hyperion

Commander

Away Team Mission Briefing Stardate: 11406.16

Postby Aoibhe Ni » Mon Jun 16, 2014 7:12 pm

INCOMING TRANSMISSION
FROM: Lieutenant Commander Niamh Danann, First Officer, USS Hyperion NCC-77989
SUBJECT : Away Team Mission Briefing Stardate: 11406.16

TAC: I don't give a damn how much of you has stopped working, we're getting the hell out of here. So pick up your arm, put your eye in your pocket, and let's get moving!

MED: Viltvogel, Attend to Douglas. Be sure he gets out of here.

aTAC: Hill, take the rear, covering fire and follow us closely. We didn't come here to hunt big game, so don't shoot to kill unless absolutely necessary.

Lieutenant Commander Niamh Danann, XO USS Hyperion

Commander

Ship misson briefing 11406.16

Postby Einar S » Mon Jun 16, 2014 7:54 pm

INCOMING TRANSMISSION
FROM: Captain Jonathan Rome, Commanding Officer, USS Hyperion NCC-77989
SUBJECT : Ship Mission Briefing Stardate: 11406.16

Bridge crew: Monitor the away team using aerial pictures and keep this ship at Yellow alert.
Captain Jonathan Rome
Commanding Officer
USS Hyperion

Commander

Mission Briefing Stardate 11407.07

Postby Einar S » Mon Jul 07, 2014 12:16 am

INCOMING TRANSMISSION

SUBJECT : Mission Briefing Stardate: 11407.07

NAV: Continue monitoring the away team.

CTO: Joanne, prepare another away mission. I want two type 11 shuttles, I want a team from Sciences and Engineering to investigate that impact zone and a team of Tactical officer and Science officers to examine that field better.

SCI: Go down with the Tactical team, I want to know how this field works.

CEO: Go down with the Science teams, the Borg are somehow connected. Tell me how.

Captain Jonathan Rome
Commanding Officer
USS Hyperion

Commander

Mission Briefing Stardate: 11407.21

Postby Einar S » Mon Jul 21, 2014 12:43 pm

INCOMING TRANSMISSION

SUBJECT : Mission Briefing Stardate: 11407.21

CTO: Joanne, prepare another away mission. I want two type 11 shuttles, I want a team from Sciences and Engineering to investigate that impact zone and a team of Tactical officer and Science officers to examine that field better and try to locate Commander Danann.

CEO: Go down with the Science teams, the Borg are somehow connected. Tell me how.

*XO*: Commander Danann, if you hear this. We are coming for you. Stay safe.

Captain Jonathan Rome
Commanding Officer
USS Hyperion

Commander

Mission Briefing: Stardate 11408.04

Postby Einar S » Mon Aug 04, 2014 12:00 pm

INCOMING TRANSMISSION

SUBJECT : Mission Briefing Stardate: 11408.04

CTO: Joanne, prepare another away mission. I want two type 11 shuttles. Team one: I want a team from Sciences and Engineering to investigate that impact zone. Team two: I want a team of Tactical officer and Science officers to examine that field better and try to locate Commander Danann.

TAC: You're on team 1. Head down with Lieutenant Feyna. Do NOT enter that field.

CEO/MED: Team two: Go down with the Science teams, the Borg are somehow connected. Tell me how. I want a full Engineering and Medical workup on whatever you find.

*XO*: Commander Danann, if you hear this. We are coming for you. Stay safe.

Captain Jonathan Rome
Commanding Officer
USS Hyperion

Commander

Mission Briefing 11408.11

Postby Einar S » Sun Aug 10, 2014 10:56 pm

INCOMING TRANSMISSION

SUBJECT : Mission Briefing Stardate: 11408.11

*Away Team*: We have you on our sensors. Follow your orders and stay safe.

NAV: Mr. Gunn, make sure we've reached a safe orbit.

Captain Jonathan Rome
Commanding Officer
USS Hyperion

Next

Return to U.S.S. Hyperion