NAV Lt Cmdr Niamh Danann

Forum for the U.S.S. Hyperion, running every Monday at 1900 UTC. Talk about your missions and your crewmates here, or feel free to post your logs for everyone to read.
Commander

Re: CEO Lt Cmdr Niamh Danann

Postby Einar S » Thu Sep 24, 2015 9:14 pm

wow
Captain Jonathan Rome
Commanding Officer
USS Hyperion

Commander

Postby Aoibhe Ni » Thu Oct 01, 2015 7:03 pm

Niamh had beamed back to the ship, her shift planetside complete once more. She had spent much of it coordinating with a growing group of the healthy, rich population who were beginning to come forward with offers of help. It was a delicate situation, but as things grew more organised and the volunteers got over their momentary shock at what had been happening under their noses, food and clothing, warm blankets and well wishes began to trickle in.
People, Niamh thought, were essentially good.

She sat on the sofa in her quarters, quiet, calm, silent, a cup of green tea steaming by her side. She had adopted a relaxed recline, hoping an affected air of nonchalance would stop her from continuously checking her monitor for incoming hails.
As she once more dragged her eyes from the inert screen, she heard a beep and jumped.

“Incoming transmission from U.S.S. Bremen”

“On screen!” she replied as she jumped to her feet, hitting her knee on the coffee table. “Fuck! Oww!” She grabbed her knee and hopped towards the station just as Tony’s, now bearded, face appeared on the viewscreen.
“Nia”
"Tony..." she stared at him, tears wetting the corners of her green eyes as she tried to ignore the sudden smarting pain in her leg. "I hit my knee..." she added, dumbly.

He stared at her dumbfounded, then broke into laughter. “Gods I’ve missed you”
A smile crinkled the corners of her mouth. "I can't believe you're back..." she said, searching for words to express her relief. "I can't believe it's really you, I... what the hell happened, Tony? There was wreckage, confirmed fragments from the Bremen's hull, and no sign of any of you... hang on, actually.. where are you now? Where can we meet? I really need to see you!" she babbled with obvious joy.

Tony smiled back. He looked different but his eyes were the same, if tired. “There were these people….far away. They used some kind of a space compressor to open up wormholes all over the galaxy, steal people. They didn’t harm us but we managed to escape their…zoo. With some help, but that story can wait…I’m alive and well, we all are….we’re at Organia, diplomatic mission.”
Niamh accepted his explanation with a slight nod. "Oh, god, Tony. The thought of you... dead. It was... I couldn't bare it. It was horrible. I was about to resign my commission from Starfleet. I even planned to find a small civilian ship and start searching the battle ground, looking for evidence of the Bremen..." she felt her throat close up as she fought not to break down. "It's been torture. Don't ever do that to me again!"

Tony’s gaze seemed to harden as he thought back to what Antonia had told him ‘she searched for you, for years…..’
“Nia, if I ever do die. Let me be dead, don’t ever waste your life and others looking for something that doesn’t exist… just be happy. Someone else might need you to be.”
"I beg your pardon?" she asked, a little surprised and more than a little annoyed. "I will mourn you, or anyone else I love, in any way I see fit. You can't expect me to move on before I'm ready to, Tony. If I want to fall apart, I will! If I want to go search for answers, I will! It's my decision!"
“Nia… I mean it. And I don’t plan to die anyway, I’m too pretty.”
"Hmm..." she growled softly. "Well, good, 'cause," she mustered up all her bravery and forced herself to say the words, "our daughter will need you around, you know." She blinked and held her breath. She knew he knew about the pregnancy, somehow... they'd get to how the hell he knew eventually... but despite that, this was the first time they'd had a chance to discuss it. Her head spun as he remained silent. "Say something..."
‘You have to convince Mom to give me away. Find a nice fam-...... -one who can't have kids, maybe, I dunno... I just know Mom isn't ready. I know that first hand, Dad. I love her, OK? And show her this... I love her more than I can say. I know her and I love her so much that I know this is the right decision. She's not ready, and it's not fair on either of us.’
“I know about her because she saved my life….and she’s….she will be, fantastic”
"She saved your life? Tony, she's not even the size of my thumbnail yet..."
"Time travel."
"Ugh. She's not even born and she's already breaking the Prime Directive. Where did we go wrong?"
Tony glanced up at the monitor, his eyes filled with a mixture of regret and pride “By not being there for her”
Niamh thought for a moment, the temporal logistics involved taxing her tired head. "Tony, stop beating yourself up for disappearing. I'm sure she didn't, hasn't... doesn't blame you...?"
“She doesn’t…..but she deserves growing up with her family, not losing one parent and following the other one around for years in a hopeless search…damnit Nia, this is just as messed up as it sounds. I’m not lost, so you never went looking…and therefore she never experienced that….fuck I hate temporal mechanics”
"If you're suggesting we settle like a happy little clan on a planet somewhere... "
"No, I'm not. I know how you feel about the surface."
"It's just too open, it gives me the creeps, all that sky just sitting up there..."
"I know," Tony said, struggling to find the right words when he didn't even know what he wanted to say.
He finally just smiled “We will talk about this properly in due time…I’m very happy you know.”
Niamh smirked softly. "I'm just glad I didn't have to break it to you... This has got to be the first time in history the man knew first." She laughed. "So, Organia, eh? Let me check how far we are from you..."

Commander

Postby Aoibhe Ni » Wed Oct 14, 2015 4:32 pm

viewtopic.php?p=4566#p4566

Joint with aCO Lyon.

Commander

Postby Aoibhe Ni » Tue Oct 27, 2015 10:59 pm

Commander

Postby Aoibhe Ni » Tue Nov 10, 2015 1:34 pm

Commander

Postby Aoibhe Ni » Tue Nov 10, 2015 1:35 pm

Commander

aXO Danann & aCO Lyon

Postby Aoibhe Ni » Mon Nov 23, 2015 5:02 pm

Niamh had once more retreated to the Briefing Room. As the stars shot by, she blindly stared past them, back in time to when she'd last seen Adria on the Hyperion's view screen. The memory of that awful moment made her shudder with a sense of helplessness that now, seemed all too relevant again.

She didn't even hear Lyon's footsteps as he joined her in the room.
Seeing Adria on the screen with blood all over her had made him want to climb through the viewscreen and strangle her. How dare she?! But he managed not to curse her aloud and appear calm, but only barely. The conversation Rojer made sure they were under way and all the minutiae that went with departure. He entered the ready room and walked over to Niamh, placing his hands on her shoulders. "He's still alive, or she would have gloated more," he said quietly.
She remained completely still for several moments then took a shuddering gasp of air and leaned back against him, the weight of her growing worry pressing down too hard for her to control it. "You don't know that," she whispered. "You weren't here the last time. You didn't see her slit that poor man's throat just to see how we'd react. She's a monster. A charismatic monster with power. Maybe Rome is still alive, for now. But when we find him, when he's almost within our grasp, when we can almost touch him... that's when she'll kill him because that's the exact moment when it'd be the most cruel."
He shifted his arms to give her a hug and just held her for comfort. “And she will do it that way if you already have the scenario planned out. We have to out-think her, be smarter than her. Distract and divert. Whatever it takes but she will not get out of this if I have any say in it.” Dead by preference, he added to himself.
"I told him he'd be safe..." she said weakly, her face pale and her freckled cheeks flushed red. "I stood on that bridge, Rome at my side, and confidently told him we'd get him off her ship alive. I looked him in the eyes and said he'd be out of there soon, to stay calm, he'd be fine... then she ran that blade across his neck like it was... nothing to her. I looked him right in the eyes, Roj, I promised him he'd be OK, and then she killed him. I can't afford that kind of confidence again. She feeds on it."
He tightened his hug a little. “Then take my confidence that I will end that bitch. She hasn’t come up against me and my brand of sneaky. Rather, she hasn’t come up against me and Joanne at the same time.” He had a plan or two forming in his mind, but he had to discuss it with Joanne and possibly Soule as well.
She leaned on him more, then straightened. Lyon loosened his arms and she turned to look at him, her tear-filled eyes angry and terrified in equal measure.

"I've seen a lot of cruelty," she explained slowly. "I had experienced more than my fair share of fear, and starvation, pain and indifference by the time I hit puberty. I've witnessed horrible things, I've escaped from situations I'd... rather not describe, and I've done things to survive I'll never tell a soul... but I've never seen evil like hers." She paused and looked him in the eyes. "You're a good man, Roj. But I've seen your service record." She threw him a look of discomfort. "... we both know it's gonna take more than your blind confidence and Jo's mysterious bag of tricks to get him back."
He gave her a long look. "Service records don't always tell the full story, Niamh." He couldn't say more, as much as he wanted to. She wouldn't understand, he's lied to her in the past and this would just drive them apart again.
"Mine does..."
"I had some extra training during the Dominion War. I kept it up over the years."
"Is that so...?" she asked, suspicion tinting every syllable. "What... kind of training?"
Rojer gave her a hint of a smile. “The kind of training that would get a lot of us in a lot of trouble if I told you,” he said, watching her digest the information.
"The... kind of training... that will help us find Captain Rome?" she asked, flatly.
"It will help a great deal," he replied. If he could get enough time to brainstorm with Joanne.
She ruminated over this for several seconds, her expression unchanged, her eyes serious. Finally, she spoke. "Maybe we're not in as bad a shape as I imagined for this mission..."
He made a rocking motion with his hand. "I'd say we have a fighting chance, instead of none at all."
"I've heard of worse odds..." she admitted, "I've survived worse myself, and I've no doubt Rome has too." She was all business, her previous worry vanished from her face.
"We've all lived through worse odds, I'd hazard to guess. So, take a bit to compose yourself and I'll see you out on the bridge just now, ok? I have some plotting to do."
"Yessir," she replied briskly. She watched him leave as her assessment of their chances improved from hopeless to dismal.

Commander
*I* put Baby in a corner!

Postby C. J. Short » Mon Nov 23, 2015 8:04 pm

I'm excited to see these tricks.

Also, she didn't cut Madsen's throat; she shot him in the face.
"As long as I have a want, I have a reason for living. Satisfaction is death." - George Bernard Shaw, Overruled

Commander

Postby Einar S » Mon Nov 23, 2015 10:18 pm

great log! Now save me before I get my throat cut/face shot off, kay?
Captain Jonathan Rome
Commanding Officer
USS Hyperion

Lieutenant

Postby Sophie Wakeling » Mon Nov 30, 2015 8:01 pm

love this log!

PreviousNext

Return to U.S.S. Hyperion