U.S.S. Hyperion Arc #2 - "Syndicated"

Forum for the U.S.S. Hyperion, running every Monday at 1900 UTC. Talk about your missions and your crewmates here, or feel free to post your logs for everyone to read.
Site Admin
That would be unwise

Character Name: Rhodri "Griff" Griffiths

U.S.S. Hyperion Arc #2 - "Syndicated"

Postby James Greenman » Sun Apr 06, 2014 9:55 pm

TO: CO Captain Jonathan Rome, USS Hyperion NCC-77989
CC: Senior Staff, USS Hyperion NCC-77989

Captain Rome,

Let me congratulate you on your successful defeat of B'rath's forces, as well as the capture and recovery of the Tkon vessel, a truly invaluable find for Starfleet. The technology aboard that ship could very well alter the course of Starfleet's ship designs, once our scientists get a hold of it. Well done.

I understand the circumstances around your taking command of the Hyperion are less than ideal. Captain Brax is a highly decorated officer, but we believe you will be a more-than-adequate replacement, and your crew has shown itself to be highly competent and resourceful. Starfleet knows the Hyperion is in good hands.

To that end, you are hereby ordered to patrol the Arachnid Nebula, specifically the space around the New France colony. Several freighters have been raided in recent weeks by small, fast attack craft. Given the description of the ships, and the nature of the attacks, we believe it to be the work of the Orion Syndicate, though they're far from home, and especially bold to be hitting Federation shipping lanes.

Starfleet Intelligence is working on finding out what they're doing here. In the meantime, the Hyperion will use whatever force necessary to make sure these raids stop. Show them the price of their arrogance, Captain.

Good luck,

Admiral William Davies
Starfleet Command
Star Trek: Engage Game Manager

Game Director -Sigma Rho Station & U.S.S. Sentinel

Commander
*I* put Baby in a corner!

Re: U.S.S. Hyperion Arc #2 - "Syndicated"

Postby C. J. Short » Sun Apr 06, 2014 11:18 pm

The black bag over Robilar's head wasn't a new experience. This was how the Syndicate worked; at least, the Syndicate that he knew. He'd had questions about how in-line this outfit was with the rest of the Orions for some time. They carried themselves different. They didn't menace so much as swagger, like they were untouchable. Not entirely out of line with the Orions, but, well... different.

While the bag wasn't new, the surroundings were. He'd started to memorize the sounds and smells he'd encountered on their normal route through the streets and alleyways, and this time was different. The air felt different, too; a bit thicker, and definitely cleaner. The sound of stone and grime had given way to metal, and they'd entered some kind of lift, as he'd gotten the distinct impression of dropping slowly into the ground.

Now, here he was, on his knees. He knew at least two were behind him; a Breen and a Gorn, the usual thugs who picked him up for these little visits. He assumed he was facing Deacon, the local boss. He was wrong.

The hood came off, and his eyes were assaulted by a bright, directed light, pointing right at his face. He tried to make out the scene before him, his eyes adjusting a little. This definitely wasn't Deacon Bradley. Her feet were clad in spiked, heeled boots, the kind that made their presence known. The legs were bare, mostly, her skin either brown or green; the light made it difficult to tell.

"Hello, Agent Madsen," called a soft, sultry voice. A sense of dread fell over him as he realized he'd been made. Whoever these guys were, they were good. His cover had been nearly perfect, refined and fortified for over a decade. No chance in hell did the Orion Syndicate crack it on their own.

"Who?" Robilar asked? They gave him a stiff kick to the spine for his insolence, sending him crashing onto his stomach. His bound hands made it impossible for him to push himself back up.

"Pick him up," she said, loosing a somewhat irritated sigh. "And fix the lights; this is dumb." The spotlight overhead turned off, and the room lit up with normal lighting. As the Gorn picked him up by his collar, Robilar got a good look at the woman; green skin, blood-red lips, jet black hair, and piercing, ice-blue eyes.

"Aw, shit," he said, suddenly realizing the trouble he was in.

"Yep," she said cheerily, her face turning up into a grin. "Let's go for a ride, Mr. Madsen."
"As long as I have a want, I have a reason for living. Satisfaction is death." - George Bernard Shaw, Overruled

Commander

Mission briefing Stardate 11404.07

Postby Einar S » Mon Apr 07, 2014 5:05 pm

INCOMING TRANSMISSION
HYPERION SENIOR STAFF PRIORITY
COMMUNIQUE TO: All Senior Staff, USS Hyperion NCC-77989
CC: Lieutenant Joanne Feyna, Acting First Officer, USS Hyperion NCC-77989
FROM: Captain Jonathan Rome, Commanding Officer, Hyperion NCC-77989

SUBJECT : Mission Briefing Stardate: 11404.07

Starfleet Command has given me command of the Hyperion following Captain Brax's unfortunate incident during our previous mission. I know that you will miss his guidance, but know that Starfleet Medical will be doing their best to help him recover. On that note, the Hyperion is without a first Officer. To aid me with personnel matters and day-to-day operations, I have appointed Lieutenant Feyna as my acting first Officer. If you have any concerns or requests, she will see that they reach my ears.

Now onto our mission.

Starfleet has received reports that several freighters have been raided in recent weeks by small, fast attack craft in the Arachnid nebula, specifically the local space around the New France colony, close to the Bajor system. The colony is a member of the Federation and we are ordered to investigate and put a stop to these raids if possible.

Given the description of the ships and the nature of the attacks, Starfleet believes it to be the work of the Orion syndicate.

CTO: Go through the scans provided of these vessels and confirm their origin. Prepare a battle scenario and tactical briefing.

TAC: Run a diagnostic on our tactical systems, make sure everything is in working order after our repairs. Assist Lieutenant Feyna.

NAV: Set a course for the colony, maximum cruising speed.

SCI: Prepare a full analysis on the nebula, I want to know if the raiders might be using it to hide their ships.

ENG: Work with Science on preparing this ship for incursion into the nebula. Make sure all systems are operational in there.

You have all shown great skill so far, let's keep up the good work.

Captain Jonathan Rome, CO USS Hyperion
Captain Jonathan Rome
Commanding Officer
USS Hyperion

Commander

Postby Einar S » Mon May 12, 2014 10:58 am

INCOMING TRANSMISSION
CC: Lieutenant Commander Niahm Danann, First Officer, USS Hyperion NCC-77989

SUBJECT : Mission Briefing Stardate: 11405.12

As you have all surely noticed we have our First Officer on the Hyperion. I expect all of you to take your orders from her, as if they are my orders.

We are in dangerous waters here, I don't like this game of tag but I am afraid we will have to play along. By our rules.

XO: Lead your teams in the shuttles, try and tag that Orion ship. Do not engage unless you have superior firepower at your disposal, I won't risk my crew for one man. I have a feeling she won't kill him, she wants something from us first. Set up a rendezvous point outside the nebula for all personnel if things go sour.

OPS: Monitor all communications inside that nebula and try and locate that ship.

CTO: I want you to take the Hyperion in on a different vector, launch multiple probes and use them to lock onto our Orion friend and use those locks to guide our torpedoes.

TAC/NAV: Take your orders from Command Danann. No heroics.

SCI: Use whatever means to find that ship.

ENG: Assist Science and Tactical.

Captain Jonathan Rome
Commanding Officer
USS Hyperion

Commander

Postby Einar S » Mon May 19, 2014 7:08 pm

INCOMING TRANSMISSION

SUBJECT : Mission Briefing Stardate: 11405.19

*XO*/*NAV*/*TAC*: Away team, return to rendezvous point immediately, we will cover you.

CTO: Fire all we have, disable those ships...destroy them if you have to.

SCI: Find out on what ship our agent is on.

Captain Jonathan Rome
Commanding Officer
USS Hyperion

Commander

Mission Briefing Stardate: 11405.26

Postby Einar S » Sun May 25, 2014 7:50 pm

INCOMING TRANSMISSION

SUBJECT : Mission Briefing Stardate: 11405.26

XO: I want a readiness report from all departments. Liaise with all department heads and get this ship battle ready.
OPS: Report our status to Starfleet Command. See if you can pick up anything on the subspace channels.
NAV: Find the best hiding places in there, let's see if we can find our friends.
CTO: Find out what C119 is, now.
TAC/SCI/ENG: You three find a way to hack into those drones or disturb the signal. Also, see if you can use it to pinpoint the controller.

Captain Jonathan Rome
Commanding Officer
USS Hyperion

Lieutenant
Pezzley Snipes

Postby Andrew Rice » Sun May 25, 2014 9:18 pm

So now you want my hacking skills :smug:
Vincit Omnia Veritas - The truth conquers all things.

TAC - LtJG. Soule Douglas - USS Hyperion NCC-77989 / S.T.A.R. ECS
ENG - Lt. Ilaihr - USS Atlantis NCC-1021-D
CSO - LtJG. Hamlet - USS Sentinel NCC-79088

Commander

Postby Einar S » Sun May 25, 2014 9:20 pm

When requested, yes ;)
Captain Jonathan Rome
Commanding Officer
USS Hyperion

Commander
*I* put Baby in a corner!

Epilogue

Postby C. J. Short » Wed May 28, 2014 1:11 am

Epilogue

The bridge was dimly lit and silent, as usual. The only sounds were of the thrum of the engines, a sound much more pleasing to Alessia than the engines she had experienced before. Syndicate engines, while powerful, tended to be inefficient, noisy contraptions; these Federation-inspired designs had a much nicer hum.

Another more rhythmic sound puntuated the hum as Adria's heavy leather boots slowly paced around. She liked to do this sometimes; Alessia figured it helped her think. It could be a bit unnerving, though. She'd seen all sides of Adria; the fun-loving trickster, the visionary, and the ice-cold psychopath. She felt secure in the idea that Adria had no reason to hurt her, but there was still something about her presence. Perhaps it was simply awe.

Alessia froze when she realized the pacing had stopped, and she felt a presence behind her. She slowly turned her head and looked up at Adria's warm smile, one she returned, feeling both appreciation and relief.

"You did well today, 'Less," Adria said, gently caressing the woman's cheek. Alessia failed to reply instantly, a small shock going through her system at the contact.

"Th-thanks," she finally stammered, bringing a grin from her leader. She watched as Adria slowly proceeded back to her chair, seeming to take her time. She didn't notice the blinking light on her console at first due to the distraction.

"Comm coming in," she said, checking the details. "It's whatshisface."

Adria sighed heavily as she sat in her chair. While she'd always been diplomatic with him, Alessia could tell he annoyed her greatly. Adria motioned to put the comm through, and an elderly Pakled man appeared on screen.

"Well?" he asked in a raspy voice.

"Well what?" replied Adria. This was a departure from her diplomatic stance; she was sitting askew in her chair, regarding the Pakled with barely restrained contempt. He seemed to notice.

"You know damn well 'what,'" he answered sternly. "Did you disrupt the shipping lanes?" Adria shrugged.

"Sorta," she said.

"What the hell kind of answer is that?!" he growled.

Alessia felt a familiar chill in her spine as she watched Adria slowly get to her feet, that icy look in her eyes.

"It's the kind of answer I give to people who are no longer worth my time," Adria explained.

"You ungrateful bitch; after all the money I've-"

"And it was very useful," Adria said loudly, stopping the Pakled mid-sentence. "So useful, in fact, that I can now move on to my next venture." A slow smile formed on the Orion woman's lips, one Alessia knew to be dangerous for whoever received it.

"The revolution starts now."
"As long as I have a want, I have a reason for living. Satisfaction is death." - George Bernard Shaw, Overruled

Commander

Postby Einar S » Wed May 28, 2014 10:46 am

This post just made my day!
Captain Jonathan Rome
Commanding Officer
USS Hyperion

Next

Return to U.S.S. Hyperion