SCI Lt. T'Lira

Forum for the U.S.S. Atlantis, running every Wednesday at 2100 EST. Talk about your missions and your crewmates here, and post your logs for everyone to read.

Moderator: Luceo

Lieutenant
As predicted in the Bible

Re: SCI Lt. JG T'Lira

Postby Luceo » Wed Oct 21, 2015 11:02 pm

Always a fan of these flashbacks, and the prank was fun as well!
"Come let us sail the boundless sea..."

Lieutenant

Cultural Differences (pt. 1)

Postby Vanessa Brinkman » Wed Nov 11, 2015 8:28 pm

"Hey, 'Pela, you've got a message here from your sister!"

T'Pela looked up from her current assignment and offered the Andorian a slightly reproachful glance.

"I am aware, Zsava, I have simply not answered it yet."

"It's marked as important," Zsava protested, her antennae twitching in irritation.

"That, I was not aware of. I will look over it."

Zsava harrumped and walked off, clearly annoyed. The more emotional species tended to be difficult to understand.

T'Pela stood and walked over to the commpanel to open the message. It took three times reading the message for it to sink in.

"This is very unexpected," she said aloud to no one in particular. The only other sentient being in the house lifted his head and then settled back down, rolling over to display his rather large midsection. Clearly, Zsava was still feeding him scraps from the table.

The cat seemed to sense her thoughts and looked straight at her, offering a meow.

"He says he's hungry."

"Felines do not speak the same language we do."

"True. But I understand him. He always does that when he wants food. Anyway, how is your sister? And when am I going to meet your dreaded family? Might as well get it over with."

"My family has declined my offer to introduce you to them at this time. As for my sister, it would appear that...," T'Pela paused, mulling over how to state this properly, "It would appear that she was quite busy over her recent shore leave."

"Okay, quit with the nervous tiptoeing around sensitive topics. Uzaveh, Vulcans can be such prudes. Maybe not you, but it's a cultural thing."

"Andorians have such tendencies as well."

"And I'm a rare Andorian who isn't remotely interested in anyone of a masculine gender. Just spit it out."

"You read the message."

"It's funnier to get you to say it. You didn't even know quite how to tell me that your family is a flock of assholes, save for your little sister. C'mon..."

T'Pela lifted her eyebrow and sighed, "Very well. I believe I will be an aunt soon."

"Close enough," Zsava frowned, "Now, we will proceed to work on your culinary skills."

"My culinary skills are adequate."

"Then how come I found a burned lump of pasta in the disposal unit just now. I know I certainly didn't and I don't think Charlie could do that without opposable thumbs."

"Very well. It was one time."

"Yeah, one time today. Now c'mon, let's teach you how to cook pasta. How about something easy, like vegetarian meatballs and spaghetti. You gotta admit, humans have some good ideas."

As Zsava continued to chatter on, T'Pela made up her mind to contact her sister as soon as possible. It was clearly necessary to catch up, as it were.
SCI Lt. T'Lira, USS Atlantis
CMO Lt. Sarissa t'Kaveth, USS Sentinel
CTO Lt. Noemi Idaris, Sigma Rho

Lieutenant

Postby Luceo » Sun Nov 15, 2015 9:27 pm

Zsava's funny! Also I laughed at "the only other sentient being in the house" since it made T'Pela sound like she's not regarding Zsava as sentient right then. :V

Lieutenant
Banned

Character Name: Alexis Wright

Postby Holly Kolodziejczak » Fri Nov 20, 2015 12:04 am

So T'Pela's shacked up with an Andorian? Poor T'Lira's parents. ;)

Does T'Pela consider Taril to be her nephew...?
CSO Lt Commander Alexis Wright, U.S.S. Atlantis

Lieutenant

Postby Vanessa Brinkman » Fri Nov 20, 2015 12:13 am

Holly Kolodziejczak wrote:So T'Pela's shacked up with an Andorian? Poor T'Lira's parents. ;)

Does T'Pela consider Taril to be her nephew...?

Let's just say that all will be explained when I get around to finally writing the second part. But yes. Both T'Pela and Zsava consider Taril to be their nephew.

Lieutenant

Cultural Differences (pt 2)

Postby Vanessa Brinkman » Wed Nov 25, 2015 9:42 pm

A triple beep issued from the comm unit on the desk, signifying that there was an incoming message.

T'Lira looked up, surprised that she would even have a message right now. As far as she knew, her father wouldn't have replied to her message yet. On average, it would take another seventeen point three one days, depending on his current projects he was engaged in.

Standing, she walked over to the desk and checked it, continuing to be surprised that it wasn't a message, but was actually a live message. Pressing the "accept" key, she waited.

After only a few short moments, two very familiar faces appeared.

"T'Pela, Chalizsava."

"I've told you to just call me Zsava!" the Andorian instantly protested. T'Pela just lifted an eyebrow.

"I apologize for her abruptness. The cat seems to have fallen ill."

"The cat? He's just 'the cat'? You were the one who found him on the street."

"I request to know the purpose for your call," T'Lira interrupted the spat before it could become a full-fledged argument.

T'Pela flashed her a look that made quite clear her appreciation for the intervention.

"Got anything you want to share?" Zsava prodded. T'Lira instantly understood the purpose. Anothee boundary test.

"I am gratified that you received my most recent communication."

Zsava snorted, "Just be grateful that I read it first. Or this would have been a totally different conversation."

"Oh?"

"She means that had I read the message first, you would have been remembering a similar conversation from our childhood," T'Pela explained.

T'Lira remembered that conversation quite well. She had been curious about how the stars would look without a window in her view, so she had snuck out of the house to climb a hill and see the stars. She would have remained undiscovered had she not managed to catch her shirt on a tree branch she had used to climb down from her window and fallen three meters to the ground. She had managed to make it to the hill and back, but she had returned to her sister waiting for her. That had been a very interesting conversation.

"I do not see how the circumstances are even remotely similar."

"Uh, am I missing something here?" Zsava looked increasingly confused, "Because I get the feeling that whatever T'Pela could say pales in comparison to whatever your parents could say. I mean, traditionalists never change, no matter where you go or what-"

T'Pela calmly interrupted, "I believe we can understand your point, Zsava."

"Good. So... which one of you is gonna say it first? Because if neither of you is gonna say it, I'm gonna keep bothering you."

"This will take a while," T'Pela informed her sister, "How is Taril?"

"Quite well, and enthusiastic."

"Have you told him yet?"

"I have yet to determine a proper way to do so."

"If I may offer a suggestion?"

"By all means."

Lieutenant

Postby Luceo » Thu Nov 26, 2015 2:57 am

I still like Zsava. Though I hope the cat's okay!

Interesting range of characters to interact with. Throwing an Andorian in as a spoil to the Vulcans is a great idea.

Lieutenant

Captured Moments

Postby Vanessa Brinkman » Thu Dec 31, 2015 2:51 am

T'Lira glanced at the picture on her bedside table and noted that it looked a bit worn. Although, considering it had been taken over twenty years ago, it would make sense that it would be worn. It featured, mainly, Elena and Kyrembril, but Edward, T'Lira, and a few others were close in the background. Clearly, the photographer had done so intentionally.

Edward had clearly had a bit too much to drink, as he was actually dancing. Poorly, but he was dancing. Elena and Kyrembril were staring at Edward and T'Lira had no idea what was occuring here.

Officially, this was a "end of term" party, but there appeared to be far too much carousing for what was supposed to have been a quiet party.

"Hey, check this out! Someone brought the fun!" Kyrembril snickered, noting a cadet lugging a crate of strange spherical objects.

"Wait, what? Beachballs? It's the middle of winter!" Elena protested.

"It is a rather stable climate year-round. He may simply be confused, perhaps too much alcohol," T'Lira pointed out.

"He'd have to be pretty drunk to get that confused," Elena pointed out.

"Picture time!" someone else yelled, holding up a device.

Elena gaped, "Is that... oh, what's it called... a camera?"

"How do you not know what something from your own history is called?" Kyrembril asked.

"An excellent question," T'Lira seconded.

"Oh, hush, both of you," Elena grumbled, running forward to get in the forefront of the picture. Kyrembril followed shortly later. Before T'Lira had a chance to move herself and Edward out of the way, the camera flashed. Fortunately, it was not a blinding flash, but still mildly annoying.

And now, in the forefront of the picture, Elena and Kyrembril were smiling. In the background, people milled and T'Lira could see herself in the back trying to push Eddie out as he grinned in a rather drunken manner. Fortunately, that had been taken before the "beachballs" had been unleashed. Everything had devolved after that.

Lieutenant

Postby Luceo » Tue Jan 05, 2016 7:16 am

I'd like to see more of the party after it devolved. That's when the real fun starts. :frogin:

Nice interlude, and good use of the picture as a framing ( :V ) device for a look into the past.

Lieutenant
Banned

Character Name: Alexis Wright

Postby Holly Kolodziejczak » Tue Jan 05, 2016 6:04 pm

I find it interesting that the T'Lira of then was obviously uncomfortable being in the photo, but the T'Lira of today clearly treasures the memory (enough to keep a framed photo).
CSO Lt Commander Alexis Wright, U.S.S. Atlantis

PreviousNext

Return to U.S.S. Atlantis