Atlantis Logs and Our Website

Forum for the U.S.S. Atlantis, running every Wednesday at 2100 EST. Talk about your missions and your crewmates here, and post your logs for everyone to read.

Moderator: Luceo

Lieutenant
As predicted in the Bible

Atlantis Logs and Our Website

Postby Luceo » Tue Aug 05, 2014 8:15 pm

Hello!

James and I have hashed out an automated way for any log you post in this forum to get cross-posted to the Atlantis site! So this forum is your one-stop shop for log posting, though I do ask that you title each of your logs using the subject field on each post. This will prevent every log from showing up as "RE: VAdm Blackthorne" and besides, coming up with a title is always fun. :)

edit: Comments can be on either site, though obviously only our crew can comment over there since it takes a separate account.
"Come let us sail the boundless sea..."

Lieutenant
Banned

Character Name: Alexis Wright

Re: Atlantis Logs and Our Website

Postby Holly Kolodziejczak » Tue Aug 05, 2014 8:50 pm

I retitled my log, hope it's what you had in mind.
CSO Lt Commander Alexis Wright, U.S.S. Atlantis

Site Admin
That would be unwise

Character Name: Rhodri "Griff" Griffiths

You've ruined everything!

Postby James Greenman » Tue Aug 05, 2014 8:56 pm

I think it's now going to post it twice. :D

Change the thread title back to the original one, then subsequent replies change the subject manually. You can give each reply a separate subject like I've done here.

Edit: That sounds silly. Rename the thread to the original title, then put a different subject in for each reply that is a log.
Star Trek: Engage Game Manager

Game Director -Sigma Rho Station & U.S.S. Sentinel

Lieutenant
Banned

Character Name: Alexis Wright

butbutbut

Postby Holly Kolodziejczak » Tue Aug 05, 2014 8:59 pm

The instructions were uncleeeeeear!
CSO Lt Commander Alexis Wright, U.S.S. Atlantis

Site Admin
That would be unwise

Character Name: Rhodri "Griff" Griffiths

Postby James Greenman » Tue Aug 05, 2014 9:05 pm

:trekno: the :trekno: with the deflector dish.

:riker:
Star Trek: Engage Game Manager

Game Director -Sigma Rho Station & U.S.S. Sentinel

Lieutenant

Postby Luceo » Tue Aug 05, 2014 10:38 pm

James Greenman wrote::trekno: the :trekno: with the deflector dish.

:riker:

Scan for treknobabyron particles!

As for the instructions regarding the subject line, that was more geared toward replies to your own thread. Any changes you make won't result in a duplicate post, just an updated one, since this solution is smart enough to realize what's new and what's an update.

Lieutenant

Postby Luceo » Fri Dec 16, 2016 7:44 pm

Not that anyone cares, but the website has been upgraded to exclusively use HTTPS. Look for the little lock/secure icon on your browser of choice. That means that your internet spaceships are encrypted. :science:

Lieutenant

Bio Updates

Postby Luceo » Thu Jul 27, 2017 1:39 am

Hiya folks,

Since we recently, y’know, saved the Federation, it’s a great time to update your character’s bio! I’ve started us off with mine. My character has a twenty year history, so I don’t expect quite that level of detail from everyone else, but I hope that the bio serves as a good example. http://www.startrekengage.com/odn/viewp ... har_id=175

Also, we do have the ability to give our secondary characters their own bios on the Atlantis site, complete with pictures! I’ve already done so with mine, so if you ever wondered what Syvek or Admiral Zuriyev looks like, go find out on our crew manifest.

To make yours, create a new Page from within the WordPress admin area, and use the Formats dropdown menu to match the website formatting. Don’t change any font sizes or colors aside from using the offcolor format; the site will take care of that. Pictures should be uploaded as the page’s Featured Image in the bottom right, and should be square-shaped. My secondary characters’ bios should help demonstrate how to blend in with the site.

Let me know if you have any questions, and I look forward to seeing some updated bios and new secondary character bios!

Return to U.S.S. Atlantis