CSO Lt. Commander Alexis Wright

Forum for the U.S.S. Atlantis, running every Wednesday at 2100 EST. Talk about your missions and your crewmates here, and post your logs for everyone to read.

Moderator: Luceo

Lieutenant
Banned

Character Name: Alexis Wright

The One About Jamaharon, Part Two

Postby Holly Kolodziejczak » Wed Aug 12, 2015 6:08 pm

by Alexis Wright and Kathryn Harper

That evening, Lexy and Kate had dinner alone at a cute little restaurant on the beach. Afterwards, the two suns had both dipped below the horizon and both of Risa’s moons hung high among a blanket of stars, casting their silvery light onto the world below. The pair walked on the wet sand left by the outgoing tide back toward their guest house, holding their sandals in one hand while their free hands were clasped together. A gentle sea breeze lightly brushed at their hair as waves rolled ashore, the water occasionally reaching their bare feet.

Sol was easily visible against the majestic backdrop of the Milky Way. Once she happened to notice the star, Kate pointed it out, much to Lexy's delight. "Your home star as it was ninety years ago, seemingly so close to mine, but actually vastly far away. Our technology makes it seem so trivial, but that we could come together like this from such distant origins is truly amazing."

“It is,” Lexy murmured in agreement, “but I’m really glad it worked out this way.” She briefly leaned her head on Kate’s shoulder.

"So am I. This is all so nice," Kate said with a contented sigh. "It is wonderful to be home, but even better to be sharing it with you."

Lexy smiled up at Kate and gave her hand a quick squeeze. “I’m happy to be here, too. This is by far the best shore leave I’ve ever taken.”

"It is for me as well," was Kate's wistful answer. She could not help but to contemplate the pending end of this peaceful vacation as their departure date for the S.T.A.R. mission loomed, and fell into silence for a few minutes.

During the lull in conversation, Lexy thought back over their time on Risa with a smile. Then she cocked her head to the side, remembering something. “Oh hey, there’s something I wanted to ask you. Do you remember on our first day here, you talked about ‘serving tourists’? You didn’t sound very happy about it. What was that all about?” She looked at Kate inquisitively.

Attempting to avoid going into her usual rant on that subject, Kate took a moment to figure out how to best make her point. "Before you met me… and perhaps even after, before you came to know me better, what was the first thing you thought of when someone mentioned Risa?"

Lexy frowned slightly, thinking. “That it’s a pleasure planet, known for beautiful weather and stunning beaches.”

She had been expecting a certain answer and was pleasantly surprised to not get it. "Is that all? This may not apply to you, and if it does not, then I thank you. But what would you think to be the most common thing most people think of when it comes to my homeworld?"

“I don’t know. First and foremost, I thought of it as a resort. Do most people not think of it primarily like that?” At the solemn shake of Kate’s head, Lexy furrowed her brow. “Then I guess I’m not sure… wait. Is it… do you mean the Risans casual attitudes toward… sex?” Lexy blushed, finding her own embarrassment all the more embarrassing.

"That is exactly it. And while that is one part of us, you have seen so much more in your time here already, yes?" Kate gestured in a wide arc with her sandals. "The museums, the food, the music and art, the natural wonders, we have so much more to offer. But do you have any idea how many people have thought I would want to have sex with them for no other reason than that I am Risan? Especially those Ferengi. Ugh!" She shuddered in revulsion.

“I can see how that kind of stereotype would be frustrating,” Lexy replied, nodding her head slowly. “And you’re right, there is so much more to Risa than just that. I’m truly glad I’ve gotten to see it through your eyes. Personally,” she confided, tossing her hair back over her shoulder, “I don’t understand why people make such a big deal about the whole… sex thing, anyway. Then again, I’ve really only done it once… you know, with an actual person outside the holodeck. But it certainly wasn’t anything special.”

Unable to contain the surprise in her widening eyes, Kate turned to look at Lexy, the very notion being alien to her. "Just once? But… why? I mean, if it was nothing special, then he or she must have been quite unskilled…" Even in the moonlight, Lexy's intensifying blush was apparent, and unlike her mother, Kate noticed. She winced and offered, "Oh, I am sorry, I am embarrassing you."

“No, it’s okay.” Lexy took a deep breath and steeled herself, squaring her shoulders. “I believe he was quite unskilled, as you say. At the time, I thought he was my boyfriend, but I found out that night that he was cheating on me with multiple other women.” She cast a sidelong glance at Kate. “That’s why I asked if you were willing to be… exclusive.”

Kate stopped walking and pulled her close into a reassuring hug. "At the time, I thought you asked that because of our reputation as a species, but now I understand." Pulling back from the hug to look Lexy straight in the eye, she continued, "Do not worry. I will commit to you, and only you, as I said."

Lexy gave Kate a pensive look. “Even though I’m moving so slow? That was his complaint.” She sighed, the tension falling away from her. “No, I trust you. Thank you for understanding.” Leaning in, she brushed her lips against Kate’s.

"Mmmm, it is nothing," Kate purred as their lips separated. "Your ex-boyfriend was a pig, you know. I am comfortable with whatever pace you wish to take."

A giggle bubbled out of Lexy. “Have I told you lately that you’re amazing? Because you are.” She smiled brightly, her eyes shining. “Shall we keep heading back to the house? There’s something there I think I want to show you.”

"How could I say no?" With a grin, she once again entwined her fingers into Lexy's and the couple resumed their walk.
CSO Lt Commander Alexis Wright, U.S.S. Atlantis

Lieutenant
Banned

The One About Jamaharon, Part Three (Conclusion)

Postby Holly Kolodziejczak » Thu Aug 13, 2015 10:52 pm

The remainder of their walk down the moonlit shore took but a few minutes, and soon Kate and Lexy were brushing the sand off of their feet outside the guest house before entering. Lexy darted inside ahead of Kate, vanishing into her room for a moment before returning to the comfortably furnished common area. “Now,” she said, fidgeting nervously, “I have another question for you. Would you say I am a standard tourist here?”

"Of course not. I would never have taken you to that particular beach if you were, not to mention all the other things you have seen." Kate narrowed her eyes in suspicion. "Why would you ask that?"

Lexy’s cheeks burned like fire, but she forced herself to be bold. “Because I want you to understand that I know what it means when I show you this.” Reaching into her pocket, she pulled out a fist which she held out in front of her. Slowly unfurling her fingers to reveal the small statue resting on her palm, she slid her eyes up to meet Kate’s.

Kate gasped, certainly not expecting Lexy to show her a horga'hn, of all things. "You know what this… how did… I mean who, er, but, hm." She took a moment to gather her thoughts, then tried again. "I thought you wanted a slow pace?"

Lexy’s face fell and she swiftly hid the horga’hn behind her back. “You don’t want to? I’ve offended you! I’m so sorry! I just thought that… well, after the native beach, and… we’re about to leave on this dangerous mission… I just thought… Oh, forgive me!”

"No! That is not it at all! I just did not think that you would be ready for such a thing quite yet." Kate placed her hands on Lexy's hips. "I assure you that it is not offensive to me. Not coming from you, and certainly not in the way that you mean it."

Bashfully, Lexy brought the statue out from behind her back and stared at it as she spoke. “To be honest with you, I don’t know if I’m ready either, since I can’t even talk about it without blushing like a silly person. Not to mention… well, like your mother said, I… don’t know ‘how to have the sex with a woman’. But it just seems like the right time, you know?” Meeting Kate’s eyes, she continued with a grin, “Besides, how much longer can I keep you waiting after we’ve hugged and kissed completely naked?”

"Mmmm, yes, that was exquisitely intimate," Kate began, the memory clearly quite pleasing, "but it is not about keeping me… wait, what?… my mother did what?!"

“Wh-when we were talking this morning, she wanted to know why you and I ‘have not yet had the sex,’” Lexy replied meekly, shrinking slightly away from Kate’s raised voice.

Kate dropped her face into her palm, covering her eyes and nose with an audible thump. A few choice words in the Risan language made their way out of her mouth before she looked up, blushing, and said, "I am so sorry, Lexy. That must have been unimaginably awkward for you."

“Well, it was, but…” Lexy stopped once she saw Kate’s face. “Are you… are you blushing?”

There was no sense in denying the heat in her cheeks. "I am, because of my mother – I just can not believe she did that! I told her about human sensibilities and to not to go full Risan on you. I think human parents often embarrass their children just as much, yes?"

“Yes, I’m sure. Parents are probably the same no matter your species. That’s why I think Jhnal was just trying to help, Kate. I don’t think she meant any harm.” Lexy put her empty hand on Kate’s shoulder reassuringly. “Your parents together gave me this,” she said, indicating the horga’hn with her chin, “in the hopes of helping me communicate with you when I was ready.” With a faint smile, she added, “In their way, it was actually really sweet of them.”

"I know they meant well," Kate conceded. "But you told me you wanted to move slowly, and I would respect your wishes. I explicitly explained this to them, yet she still had to force the issue. I do not want you to feel uncomfortable…" Kate paused a moment, willing herself to move past what her parents had done and into the present. Lexy was trying to tell her something right now, and could not have picked a more unambiguous way to convey her message. "But here you are, presenting me with a horga'hn, with full understanding of what it means to a native Risan. So maybe you are not uncomfortable after all?"

“I’m nervous, and maybe a little scared, but not specifically uncomfortable,” Lexy replied with a shrug. “As I said before, I don’t know if I’m ready either, and I have no idea what I’m doing, but… it just seemed like a good time. So I decided, why not be bold? I thought… it might be good to do it before we leave. That’s all.”

Kate trailed her fingertips down Lexy's cheek, her voice quiet. "It is far more than a good time. And were one… or both of us to not return from this mission, then yes, it is a shared experience I would wish for us, while we have the chance." Tears threatened to escape the corners of her eyes at that thought, but she blinked them away and offered a tender smile. "I admire the courage you have shown on this trip. Confessing your feelings for me, accepting the mission, and even actually going to a nude beach! Now this… you never cease to surprise me, and I find that to be delightful. But, after what you told me on the way here, I must be sure that this is truly your desire, and not perhaps some latent fear that you are not moving fast enough for me."

Lexy shook her head. “I don’t think it’s that. I trust you. I feel safe with you. I think this is truly what I desire, and if at any point I change my mind, I’ll say ‘stop’.” She slipped the horga’hn back into her pocket and took both of Kate’s hands. “But are you sure you want this with me, as awkward and clumsy as I’m going to be, all blushes and fumbles? I can’t stress enough that I don’t know what I’m doing. It’s okay if you don’t want me.”

"Oh, believe me, I want you," Kate growled, her voice acquiring an undercurrent of primal lust as the restraint she had been exercising around Lexy began to fall away. "Yes, yes, I would be thrilled to perform the rite of jamaharon with you." She dropped Lexy’s hands and pulled their bodies together with a surprising amount of force. "As for not knowing how to 'have the sex with a woman,' do not fret. I will. take care. of that." Each staccato assertion was punctuated by a light tap of her finger on the tip of Lexy's nose.

A shiver went up her spine at the sudden huskiness in Kate’s voice and the roughness of the embrace, and she licked her lips. “So, you’ll teach me? Because I really wanna learn…” She slid her hands up the curves of Kate’s back and tipped her chin upward for a kiss, which Kate eagerly provided with a new ferocity that caught Lexy off guard. With a soft whimper, she melted into Kate’s arms, wondering just what she had unleashed. “Plus,” she mumbled breathlessly when they came up for air, “I need to experience jamaharon… for science."

"I will teach you everything I know. And after tonight, you will not remember any science…" Kate whispered as she began to back away and pull Lexy toward her bedroom, seductively biting her lip, eyes hungry.

Emboldened by the positive response and nervously excited about what was to come, Lexy giggled and let Kate pull her into the bedroom. The properly-done complete rite of jamaharon took the entire night, and during that time, she only ever said 'stop' when directly preceding it with 'don't'. The next morning, both of the new lovers missed breakfast, instead remaining fast asleep in an utterly spent pile of tangled limbs, tousled hair, and rumpled sheets. At the dining table without them, Jhnal and Rolik feasted on a morning meal of self-satisfaction, pleased by what they had helped come to pass.

Site Admin
That would be unwise

Character Name: Rhodri "Griff" Griffiths

Re: CSO Lieutenant Alexis Wright

Postby James Greenman » Fri Aug 14, 2015 7:53 pm

That was beautifully done, and a fantastic capstone to a really great trilogy of logs. Bravo both of you, I can't wait to see what more this burgeoning relationship has in store for everyone!
Star Trek: Engage Game Manager

Game Director -Sigma Rho Station & U.S.S. Sentinel

Lieutenant
Banned

Postby Holly Kolodziejczak » Fri Aug 14, 2015 7:55 pm

Thank you, James! :glomp:

Lieutenant
As predicted in the Bible

Postby Luceo » Fri Aug 14, 2015 9:19 pm

Thanks James! :cheers:
"Come let us sail the boundless sea..."

Lieutenant
Banned

No Matter How Far

Postby Holly Kolodziejczak » Fri Oct 09, 2015 11:06 pm

After being cleared by the Jörmungandr's medical staff, Lexy Wright lingered in Sickbay watching the backs of the doctors working on Lt. Commander Feyna while waiting for Kate. She absently loosened and shook out her hair, pulling it into a less lopsided and disheveled ponytail as she gazed numbly at the scene before her. Mercifully, the wait for Kate to finish her medical checks was only a few minutes, and her approach pulled Lexy’s attention away from the grim tableau surrounding Feyna. Giving Kate an appraising look, Lexy’s brows knitted together with concern. “You’re… all right?” she asked hesitantly.

"Yes," Kate answered with a relieved smile, then added, "Somehow, after all of that." She put her hands on Lexy's shoulders and looked her up and down before asking, "What about you?"

“A couple bumps and bruises, some minor abrasions from this heavy PSG, nothing serious.” Lexy waved her hand dismissively. “I’m fine. Unlike her.” With a troubled frown, she tilted her head to indicate the stricken Lt. Commander, guilt settling over her shoulders like a mantle.

"Let the doctors do their jobs, since we have done ours by getting her here." With an uncomfortable shrug, the burden of her equipment accumulating after wearing it for such a long time, Kate offered, "In the meantime, shall we get out of this gear?"

With a tired nod, Lexy assented. “An excellent idea. And I could really use a shower,” she added with a grimace, making another vain attempt to improve the appearance of her hair. After a final uneasy glance in Feyna’s direction, she fell into step with Kate and they exited Sickbay together.

Upon arrival at the equipment bay, they found fresh uniforms and private changing facilities waiting for them. Wordlessly, they each entered a changing room and doffed their gear, pulling on clean clothes before reuniting in the common part of the bay, immensely relieved to be free of the weighty and restrictive equipment. From there, they made their way to the deck where their quarters were located, saying little along the way, content to simply be near one another.

They reached Lexy’s door first, and it swished open at her cue. She stepped into her quarters, silently reaching out and pulling Kate in behind her, drawing her into a fierce embrace and fervid kiss before the door had even finished closing. Lexy’s heart raced and butterflies fluttered madly in her stomach as she clutched Kate close to her, kissing her with an urgent need, like that for water in the desert. Her sudden passion caught Kate by surprise, startling her awake from the exhausted reverie that had carried them here. This level of intensity from Lexy was something new, causing a stirring within her in response to her lover's need. Returning her embrace and kisses with equal ferocity, Kate answered with a fire of her own.

After a moment, Lexy began tugging at the fastener of Kate’s uniform while backing toward the bathroom. “Come on,” she purred, her voice low and husky. “I wasn’t kidding about that shower.”

Kate’s breath caught at her tone, also new and exciting. She reached for Lexy’s zipper, whispering against her neck, "That is good, because this side of you is really arousing."

“Shut up,” Lexy whispered simply, covering Kate’s mouth with her own as she roughly peeled her uniform down to the waist. They fumbled to remove each other’s clothes, discarding them haphazardly throughout the room as they moved with haste toward the shower.

Once inside, Lexy wasted no time in hungrily sliding her hands along the curves of Kate’s lithe form, as if desperate to confirm for herself that her lover was whole and unharmed. Kate clasped Lexy’s soft, warm body against her, savoring the taste of her lips, intensely relieved that the danger had passed and they had both come through unscathed. Before long, their relief gave way to pure desire, and they eagerly indulged in the jouissance and solace that they could bring to one another.

Some time later, the couple were cuddled together in bed, each woman lost in her own thoughts. Lexy turned her face toward Kate and drowsily said, “You know, if we never ever do anything like this ever again ever, I’d be okay with that. The mission, I mean,” she hastened to add. “Not this. This is great.” To emphasize her words, she snuggled even closer into Kate’s side, her lips curved into a satisfied smile.

"I must say that I agree to both of those things. We accomplished something great, but next time, let someone else do it." With contented strokes of Lexy's chestnut hair, Kate continued, "As for this… perhaps we should not get out of this bed for a few days? I think I could sleep that long, among other things."

Lexy giggled at the thought. “It’s tempting… but we have to eat sometime.” Slowly, she propped herself up on one elbow and looked down at Kate with a small frown. “But did we really accomplish something great? I mean… I know we saved those people, and we completed our objective, but…” She shuddered. “I don’t feel super great about some of the stuff that happened. You know?”

"I know. If you did not feel that way I would question your morality, as I would my own if I did not share your distaste for it. But in order to sleep at night, tell yourself that you did a great thing and focus on those we saved, because they would agree." Kate had long ago internalized this rationalization of taking life in the course of her duties, and repeating it now was almost rote.

Chewing on her lower lip, Lexy wavered, and then nodded. “You’re right, of course. It’s just… hard. I’m anxious to get back to our ship and put all of this behind us. Get on with our lives. And,” she added, somewhat bashfully, the color faintly visible on her cheeks in the low light, “With whatever the future holds.”

"Now that is a pleasant idea to fall asleep to," Kate answered quietly, fatigue creeping into her voice. Reaching over to trail her fingers down Lexy's cheek, she smiled and added, "Much better than dwelling on the effects of following me on hopelessly foolhardy missions far from home." Lexy made a moue at her, and Kate pulled her close with a soft chuckle as they returned to comfortable silence.

After an exhausted Kate had fallen asleep next to her, Lexy laid awake, trying to sort through the muddle of emotions she was feeling - about Feyna, about the mission… about Kate. As strongly as she felt about the first two, there was nothing she could do about them at the moment, so she turned her thoughts wholly to the last and most powerful. Since there was no one to see her, she didn’t bother to hide her lovestruck expression as she looked over at Kate’s beautiful face, serene in slumber. Feeling that fluttering in her stomach that was becoming familiar, she whispered, “I think… I will always follow you. No matter how hopeless. No matter how far.”

Lieutenant
Banned

Re: CSO Lt. Commander Alexis Wright

Postby Holly Kolodziejczak » Fri Nov 20, 2015 12:07 am

Lieutenant
Banned

Intervention

Postby Holly Kolodziejczak » Thu Jan 14, 2016 1:57 am

Despite the present awkwardness of these rare moments she got to spend with Kate, Lexy still cherished them. They were all she had, and she was reluctant to risk them by bringing up the elephant in the room - but as the days since they’d returned to duty became weeks, and Kate became ever more withdrawn and distant, Lexy began to feel that she had to say something. That if she let things continue as they were, she might lose Kate forever, which was not an acceptable option to her.

At first, she had worried that maybe Kate was no longer interested in her, but the fact that she kept coming around - albeit intermittently - dispelled that notion. The only other cause she could think of was that Kate was deeply troubled by something she didn’t feel comfortable talking about. The next logical step, by Lexy’s reasoning, was to help Kate feel more comfortable.

It was with this in mind as Kate stood to leave on this particular evening that Lexy took the plunge. She rose and placed her hands on Kate’s shoulders, seeking eye contact. “Before you go…” Kate’s sudden haunted expression worried her, but she steadfastly continued, “I’ve told you this before, but let me say it again. I won’t pretend to understand what you are going through. But please remember that you don’t have to do it alone. You have me now. Okay?” Blinking unbidden moisture away from her eyes, she pulled Kate into a protective embrace.

It was what Kate had been seeking, if only subconsciously, but the sudden offer of help gave her pause. Her instinct, as it had always been during the years since she had last been in a relationship, was to deflect. Now, she actively fought that urge as she began to speak, her voice tremulous. "Lexy, I am sorry that I have ignored you so much lately; it is not what you deserve. But you… you are not what I deserve, yet here you are. No – " An abrupt sob and upwelling of tears choked off her sentence until her instinct reasserted itself and she finished, "I cannot do this now."

Torn between a desire to be gentle to her lover and the fear that she was slipping away, Lexy agonized over how to respond. “Then when? Will it ever be the right time?” She shook her head, tearful eyes searching Kate’s stony face. “Please, please talk to me. If not now, soon. I… I’m so afraid I’m going to lose you.”

Even if she felt personally undeserving of the happiness their relationship had brought her, Kate could see the hurt that she'd caused in Lexy's pleading eyes, causing the wall she had hastily erected to crumble. With a voice that had gained no steadiness, she said, "Alright… I am certain that you remember the breakdown I had on our first night together. I thought that finishing the mission my pilots died for would help, but I have only gotten worse since we returned."

Lexy guided Kate back to the couch and sat, radiating concern. “Oh, Kate… I’m so sorry. I can’t even imagine how difficult that must be.” In the silence that followed, she considered the situation with a sorrowful shake of her head. She took one of Kate’s hands before cautiously encouraging her to continue. “And you say it’s only gotten worse?”

Kate nodded, wiping futilely at her eyes. "I do not feel worthy of having survived, or of the happiness that has come since, with you. So I have been staying away from you for as much as I can stand, instead spending my time alone… drinking until it stops hurting."

The admission caught Lexy entirely off-guard, and her initial shock turned quickly to dismay. “Kate, no!” She looked desperately for some hint that it wasn’t true, but Kate’s tears and the sick feeling in her own stomach told her otherwise. “Why?” Cupping Kate’s damp cheeks in her hands, she looked incredulously into the eyes of this person that she had grown to treasure. “Why would you do this to yourself?”

Gesticulating wildly, Kate began to hurriedly rant, "I must rebuild the fighter wing, but for what? To go die like the rest in a fragile machine far from home? My lost pilots followed me after I chose them, presumably believing my recruitment pitch that got them into the cockpit in the first place, and look how that turned out." Kate's speech became ever quicker and even more clipped than usual as anger filled her tone. "I am no better than they were, so why should I be allowed happiness while they were robbed of the chance? They followed me! I should have died with them!" She finally collapsed into soul-wracking sobs, her careful composure totally lost.

With an aching heart, Lexy tenderly pulled Kate’s head against her shoulder and held her there, stroking her back and making soothing noises while she wept. Her mind churned through the information in the meantime, urgently trying to solve the puzzle of the right thing to say. Several minutes had passed by the time Kate’s sobs had subsided, but she was no closer to finding the solution. Anna had curled up next to them on the couch, providing feline moral support.

“I think,” Lexy began carefully, “that it’s perfectly normal to experience grief and trauma in this kind of situation. But there are good ways and bad ways to deal with those feelings. You remember what a hard time I had coming back after the accident, right? Once I started going to my counseling sessions… well, they helped. A lot. I see that look you’re giving me, but hear me out…” She reached out and took Kate’s hands, hoping to convey her sincerity. “I’m really, really worried about you, Kate. Would you consider talking to the counselor? Please? For me?”

Kate's bloodshot, puffy eyes found Lexy's as she slowly shook her head. "It took all my strength just to tell this to you. I could not do it again, especially not to someone else."

Lexy blinked in disbelief. “I’ll be here to support you, Kate. I know you can do this. I’ll even go with you, if you want me to. Or… do you see some other way out of this situation?”

Kate simply gave her a forlorn shrug and shook her head. "My intent right now is to resign my commission and just go home for a while, to sort myself out. You… I…" She paused, momentarily unwilling to confess her perception of the truth, but finally whispered, "You would probably be better off without me."

Something snapped inside Lexy’s head, and her voice was hard and angry when she spoke. “So, what, that’s it? You just make that decision for me? You’re not even willing to try before doing something that drastic?” She stood abruptly, causing the cat to dart away. “After all you’ve been through, without even putting up a fight, you’re willing to just walk away from your life? From your career, this ship, your friends?” She softened considerably before adding, “From me?”

"Lexy, you do not understand…" Kate began, but Lexy forcefully cut her off, hot tears finally streaking down her cheeks. "No, Kate, YOU don't understand. Don't you see, dammit? I LOVE YOU! I can't watch you do this to yourself, but I can’t lose you, either!" Kate stared at her in stunned silence as Lexy fell to her knees and buried her face in her hands, weeping helplessly.

After everything that had happened, Lexy loved her? She watched in horror for a few moments as Lexy cried on the floor, paralyzed while it struck her that she had unintentionally caused her best friend and lover to suffer. Her mind emerging from torpor, Kate realized that she had neglected their relationship since their return from shore leave, instead miring herself in self-loathing and guilt, but despite that, despite everything, Lexy still found her worthy of love? She slid down to her knees as well, her eyes once again brimming with tears, aghast at what she had done, and devastated that she had done it to someone she cared deeply about who was also crazy enough to love her nonetheless. And she had almost thrown it all away… but now that Lexy's feelings for her were known, Kate could no longer bear the thought of leaving her.

Perhaps it was too late and she could never truly fix this, but Kate found herself surprised at how desperately she wanted to grasp the lifeline that Lexy seemed to offer. She closed her eyes, squeezing out the built-up tears that had blurred her vision, and consciously fought back the instinct to flee into the bottle's merciful numbness. Kate finally decided that she owed it to Lexy, or maybe even to herself, since at least one person thought her life was worth fighting for, to try. She hesitantly reached out to touch Lexy's hand, but withdrew, unsure if the gesture would be welcomed, and instead quietly offered, "Alright. I will go to see the counselor."

Lieutenant
Banned

Postby Holly Kolodziejczak » Wed Apr 13, 2016 10:10 pm

Science Interlude: Catching Bees :science:

Lieutenant
Banned