CSO Lt. Commander Alexis Wright

Forum for the U.S.S. Atlantis, running every Wednesday at 2100 EST. Talk about your missions and your crewmates here, and post your logs for everyone to read.

Moderator: Luceo

Lieutenant
As predicted in the Bible

Re: CSO Lieutenant Alexis Wright

Postby Luceo » Wed Jul 22, 2015 11:12 pm

Holly Kolodziejczak wrote:True fact, I'm so excited about sim tonight, I'm having trouble concentrating on work. Which is unfortunate, since I need to be here for like 2.2 more hours and should probably accomplish something work-related during that time. (I've already read the Memory Alpha article on Risa twice.)

Such anticipation over the game is quite possibly the highest compliment one can pay it. Thank you!
"Come let us sail the boundless sea..."

Lieutenant
Banned

Character Name: Alexis Wright

Postby Holly Kolodziejczak » Wed Jul 22, 2015 11:23 pm

:D

<3 Atlantis
CSO Lt Commander Alexis Wright, U.S.S. Atlantis

Lieutenant
Banned

Language Barriers

Postby Holly Kolodziejczak » Fri Jul 24, 2015 11:27 pm

by Alexis Wright and Kathryn Harper

“The truth is…” Lexy drew circles in the dirt with the toe of her sandal. “The truth is that I really care about you. Maybe as... more than just a friend. But our friendship is more important to me and I don't want to lose it even if you don't feel the same way.”

Kate's face seemed to light up, her eyes suddenly widening at her friend’s confession, and she swept Lexy into a quick hug. After but a moment, Kate pulled back to meet Lexy's confused look and gushed, "You really feel that way? I thought you might, or I rather had dared to hope that you did, since I share your feelings!"

Lexy blinked at Kate, her heart beating wildly as Risa's ocean lapped the sandy shore near where they stood. “You mean… wait. You mean, you share my feelings about the friendship part? Or…?” She anxiously bit her lower lip.

It must have been the lingering uncertainty in the air that made Kate laugh softly, despite her obvious efforts, and she replied, "Well, yes, of course I share those, but I specifically meant that I find the thought of us being more than friends to be particularly pleasant."

Lexy opened her mouth, closed it, then opened it again. “Well then, why didn’t you tell me how you felt, with all that talk of the importance of being honest about your feelings?”

"For the same reason you hesitated to bring it up," Kate began. "I place a high value on our friendship and did not wish to offend you. Of course, that struggle is a common one, but for me, there are additional complexities of which you might not be aware."

Making a sweeping gesture toward the sea with her hand, she continued, "It is much easier here on Risa; we do not engage in the coy dances of other species, at least not when it comes to romance and sexuality. But that presents challenges for us when we venture offworld, because most are not as comfortable with those subjects as we are. Consequently, reading alien body language can also be quite difficult for us, so we tend to exercise considerable restraint when not among our own." After a slight pause, she added with a hint of derision, "Or when we are not 'serving' tourists."

“So… what does this mean for us?” Lexy shifted her feet nervously. “I have to admit, I’m inexperienced even with the ‘coy dances’ of my own species… romance isn’t really something I’ve done before.” She paused, and then asked curiously, “...What would have happened if you hadn’t ‘exercised considerable restraint’?”

Perhaps having already envisioned the scenario, Kate quickly and unabashedly answered, "At the Calaphaltran resort, perhaps as I was trying to show you the virtues of indulgence, I would have kissed you. Had that been welcomed, the rest of our time there would likely have been filled with wild, passionate sex, followed by the lovemaking. Of course, I realize that to be a wholly Risan approach."

Turning beet red and looking down at her feet, Lexy managed to squeak out, “Oh, I see.”

"That is only how I imagined it, but you did ask," Kate gently admitted without a hint of shame. "Please, do not be embarrassed. As I said, it is quite Risan, and I would not judge you for being uncomfortable with that pace."

Lexy nodded, her head still bowed. “I’m sorry. I did ask. I just wasn’t expecting… you surprised me, is all.” She took a few moments to compose herself. “Not that I would ever judge you for being who you are, but would… would you be okay with a somewhat slower pace?” she asked softly, looking up at Kate through her eyelashes.

"Yes, of course I would." Kate's voice took on a hopeful tone as she continued, "And did we just answer your question about what this means for us?"

“I’m not sure.” Lexy looked away. “Are you… I don’t know how to ask this. Are you seeing anyone else? Would you see anyone else? I don’t want to put restrictions on you, but I guess I’m also looking for something… exclusive.” Her face grew serious as she met Kate's eyes. “This is more to me than just a physical attraction.”

"It is for me too. The time we have spent together as our friendship grew has been surprising in how much it meant to me. Wanting more of it gave me the strength to go on during the worst of that battle. I had to stay alive so that I could defend Atlantis - and you." Kate took Lexy's hand and offered a squeeze, clearly wanting to emphasize her point. "Despite the reputation we have, committed relationships are not uncommon here, and I would be happy to give you that."

Lexy returned the squeeze, then turned and looked out at the ocean for a few long moments before turning back to Kate. With a determined expression on her face that softened quickly, she took a step closer so that their bodies were almost touching. “Tell me,” she whispered, meeting those tantalizing green eyes as she lifted a hand and carefully brushed strands of hair from Kate’s face, “is this body language difficult to understand?” She cupped Kate’s cheek softly and tipped her own chin upward, slowly standing up on her toes, and closed her eyes at the last moment as they leaned in to kiss.
Last edited by Holly Kolodziejczak on Sat Jul 25, 2015 12:35 am, edited 1 time in total.

Lieutenant

Postby Vanessa Brinkman » Fri Jul 24, 2015 11:29 pm

Shippity ship ship shipping away over here!
SCI Lt. T'Lira, USS Atlantis
CMO Lt. Sarissa t'Kaveth, USS Sentinel
CTO Lt. Noemi Idaris, Sigma Rho

Lieutenant

Postby Luceo » Fri Jul 24, 2015 11:32 pm

Editorial note: Yes, I changed Harper's response from the one she gave in the sim. I felt rushed to get that one out and it suffered for it, so this is her real answer!

Lieutenant
Banned

Postby Holly Kolodziejczak » Mon Jul 27, 2015 5:09 pm

Is it Wednesday yet? :awes:

Lieutenant

Postby Luceo » Mon Jul 27, 2015 6:10 pm

Not quite!

Lieutenant
Banned

To Follow That Star

Postby Holly Kolodziejczak » Thu Jul 30, 2015 9:44 pm

It had been an emotional day - they’d confessed their feelings for one another and had become a couple, Lexy had met Kate’s parents, they’d learned the news of the President’s death, and consequently, Kate had dropped the bomb that she’d accepted a position on a dangerous S.T.A.R. mission. It was a lot to process. After some time of tearfully holding one another and the tenderest of kisses, Lexy excused herself to get ready for bed, while Kate went back to the main house to talk to her parents.

In the guest house, Lexy washed her tear-streaked face in the bathroom before retiring to one of the bedrooms and closing the door. She wearily changed her clothes and unpacked her rucksack, settling in. Flopping onto the bed in her pajamas, she noticed the light flashing on her PADD and picked it up.

As she flicked on the screen, she was startled to see that the waiting message was a classified communication from Starfleet Command. When she opened it, her eyes widened in surprise; it was an invitation to join the very same S.T.A.R. team that Kate was on, with a mission to retake Station Sigma Rho.

Initially, Lexy was elated at the idea of getting to go with Kate, and helping to make sure they both got home safely. But after a moment’s thought, her heart sank. It would mean willingly going back into battle… and she didn’t know if she was ready for that. She frowned, weighing her options. The message had compelling reasons why she was the right person for the job, but she was filled with doubt. Could she really do this?

She spent several minutes reading and rereading what would be expected of her as the mission’s Logistics Officer. There was a large part of her that was afraid, but logically speaking, she had to admit that she could do the job as it was described - even being a gun arm, if necessary. It had been a long time since Basic Marksmanship at the Academy, but Lexy thought she could still be a pretty good shot, especially if it meant protecting Kate.

With grim determination, and before she could change her mind, Lexy accepted the mission. She would prove that she was strong enough to do this. She would do this for Kate.

During her deliberations, Lexy had heard Kate return to the guest house and close herself in the other bedroom. She started to get up to go tell her the news, but paused… How would Kate react? With a sigh, she sat back down on the bed. She wouldn’t blame Kate for being furious with her. The last thing she wanted to do was ruin the few days they would have left together on Risa as a new couple. After a long moment of debate, honesty won out as the only possible foundation for their fledgling relationship. There was nothing else to do but to tell her and hope that Kate would understand and accept her reasons.

Her decision made, she padded across the hall and knocked softly on Kate’s door.

Lieutenant
Banned

No Matter How Hopeless

Postby Holly Kolodziejczak » Sat Aug 01, 2015 7:07 am

Once Lexy had excused herself for the night, Kate had returned to the main house to explain to her parents that she would leave soon on a dangerous classified mission. They were understandably upset, but after two decades of being Starfleet parents, and given the day's news of the President's death, they accepted their daughter's obligation to duty. Exhausted after the day's emotional rollercoaster, Kate returned to the guest house and claimed the unoccupied bedroom. After dropping her bag onto the floor and shedding her clothes into an unceremonious pile, she killed the lights and slid into the haven of the bed's embrace. It only took a moment before her mind drifted away toward merciful unconsciousness.

A soft knock at the door roused her from near-sleep. "Come in," she answered automatically, not yet fully awake.

“Kate?” Lexy poked her head into the dark room. “Did I wake you?”

Lexy came into focus after a bleary blink at the door. "Only a little. Please, come in." Light spilled in from the hallway. "Computer, lights, low."

“I’m sorry,” Lexy said, her tone regretful, “I just didn’t think this could wait.” She slid into the room and closed the door behind her. Moving forward, she tentatively sat at the foot of the bed and looked at Kate, gathering her thoughts. “There’s something I need to tell you.” She opened her mouth to speak, but hesitated.

"What is it? Please, tell me," Kate prompted, now fully awakened by the obvious importance of what Lexy had to say. Propping her head up with a fluffed pillow, she offered, "Do not feel that you have to keep anything from me."

Lexy took a deep breath and began, “You know how we were talking about…” She stopped, and tried again, “The S.T.A.R. mission that you’re going on…” She stopped a second time, frustrated at her inability to put her thoughts into words. “I was invited to the same team. As Logistics Officer,” she finally managed to blurt out, then bit her lip in anticipation.

Kate immediately sat bolt upright in the bed, the sheet falling away. "What?!"

Lexy blushed and turned away from the sight of her new girlfriend uncovered from the waist up. “Umm… Kate? You’re sort of… naked.”

"What?" She looked down at herself and uttered, "Oh." The abrupt subject change distracted her for a moment, allowing Kate to remember that humans have modesty, so she crawled out of bed to rummage around in her still-unpacked bag. Producing an ivory silk robe, she pulled it over her shoulders, then tied the waist closed and sat back down on the bed. "There. Now... what?!"

Peeking over her shoulder to make sure it was safe, Lexy turned back to face Kate. “Not that I don’t want to see at some point…” She trailed off as she spied Kate’s serious face. “Right. Yes. I was invited to the S.T.A.R. mission.” Proffering her PADD to Kate as proof, she nervously folded her hands and waited.

Kate took the PADD and read, its reflection highlighting her green eyes in the low light. She squinted as the real purpose of Lexy's visit became apparent, and almost whispered, "You have already accepted."

“Yes, I have,” Lexy replied, her voice much more firm than she felt. “I’m coming with you. And we’re going to make it back home safely. Together.”

"Lexy… why?" Kate began, her voice faltering a bit. "This mission is too dangerous. You could stay here… safe. Alive. You do not have to risk yourself."

Lexy took another deep breath and then let it out, her eyes gray and stormy. “Because… I need to do this. I need to be there helping to make sure you come home in one piece. Don’t you see?” She reached out her hand, offering it for Kate to take. “Don’t think I’m not scared - because believe me, I am terrified - but this is just something I must do, for both of us. So I’m coming with you.”

Kate accepted Lexy's hand into both of hers and lowered her forehead to touch it, a few hesitant tears escaping despite her efforts to contain them. "I was still a little drunk and crying over my lost pilots when I accepted that mission. My answer was partially born from guilt. I... damn it all, I should have died out there with them." With a great sniffle, she raised her head and let go of Lexy's hand to futilely wipe at her eyes.

"I told you that I am not suicidal, and that is true, because I do have so much to live for… but so did they! They made the sacrifice, and the least I can do to honor them is to follow through on the cause they died for until the end, even if it means my death. Because what makes me so bloody special to have survived when they did not? But you… oh, dear Lexy, you- you can not… you do not need to..." Her voice trailed off into sobs as she pitched headfirst onto the bed.

Lexy scooted forward and awkwardly wrapped her arms around Kate’s trembling form. “But I do need to,” she said softly, “I want to. I choose this.” She sighed. “I won’t pretend to understand the hell you’re going through, but you don’t have to do it alone anymore. You have me, now.” Stroking Kate’s back comfortingly, she continued, “I completely understand that part of you needs to do this. Please understand that part of me needs the same.” She blinked away tears forming in the corners of her eyes.

Kate's wild, wet gaze pulled back and found Lexy's. "It is my fault that they are all dead! You said yes because of me, and if you die too, I could not bear…" Her words were lost again as she buried her face in the bedsheet.

“It’s not your fault, Kate. You have to remember that those people had free will, and they made their choices. I’m also making a choice and it’s not your fault. Besides,” Lexy chuckled cheerlessly, “I am not planning to die.” She pressed her lips together into a grim line. “Like I said, we’re going to make it back home together.”

After a few deep breaths, Kate managed to get her face out of the bed and find her Starfleet Commander mode for a moment, although Lexy's well-meaning attempts to assuage her guilt had not really been effective. "I have a whole list of people who also did not plan to die, but I still had to write letters of condolence to their families. This mission… well, I can not say it is more dangerous than what we just survived, but it is at least that bad. The odds are not in our favor and I need you to understand that."

Lexy nodded, visibly shaken by Kate’s words. “I understand.” She drew a ragged breath as tears slid down her cheeks, falling to the sheet below. “All I’m saying is that I’d rather we faced those odds together than have you face them alone. You fought so hard to protect me - let me do what I can to protect you.” She swiped at her eyes, then gathered Kate up into her arms. “Please,” she whispered into Kate’s shoulder, overcome with emotion. “Please.”

Having to regain enough of her faculties to be sure that Lexy understood the risk had at least allowed Kate to realize that neither of their decisions could be changed. They were committed to this course and would have to make the best of it. "Alright, Lexy. Okay." Kate squeezed Lexy tightly to her. "I do not like it, but it is not my choice, is it? You have your reasons and they are just as valid as mine."

“Thank you for understanding.” Lexy closed her eyes and let the tears fall again. They clung to one another for a long moment, until she gently pushed Kate away from her, holding her by the shoulders and looking her in the eye. “Are… are you mad at me? Does this… change anything between us?”

Kate sniffled and wiped at her puffy, reddened face with her palms, then dried them on the sheet. Brushing Lexy's chin with her fingers, she answered, "Maybe a little mad, for risking yourself, even though it is the same thing I am doing. But no, this absolutely does not change what we became today."

Lexy relaxed, relief plain on her face. “Good. And was it just today? It’s been an awfully long day.” She wiped tears from her own face and stifled a yawn.

"Yes it has, but at least some good things came out of it." Kate gently pressed her lips to Lexy's and lingered there for a moment, then leaned back, remembering her own exhaustion. "Though it really was a lot for one day. We should sleep, so we can start a new one."

“I was wondering if… maybe I could stay with you tonight? Just to sleep,” Lexy added hastily, color rising to her cheeks, “I just don’t want to be alone.”

"Neither do I." Kate stood and smoothed the covers a bit, then got back in under the sheet and held it open for Lexy. "Please, stay."

Lexy smiled shyly and crawled into bed next to Kate. “Computer, lights.” They wrapped their arms around each other, and before long, were both fast asleep.

Lieutenant
Banned

The One About Jamaharon, Part One

Postby Holly Kolodziejczak » Mon Aug 10, 2015 6:10 pm

Risa's two suns had almost finished burning off the morning fog, promising yet another beautiful day, but Kathryn Harper was still asleep. While sleeping in was uncharacteristic for Kate, it wasn't an unheard-of luxury, and this particular instance gave Alexis Wright a chance to spend breakfast with Kate's mother, Jhnal. Their conversation was mostly idle chit-chat, but some tidbits of information provided Lexy with insight into her new girlfriend and the Risan culture that had helped to form her.

As casually as one might ask about the day's weather, Jhnal changed the subject while Lexy was focused on her plate. "Now, you have not yet had the sex with Kathryn, yes?” Lexy, in mid-chew, looked up at her in shock, color rising immediately to her cheeks. This gave Jhnal the answer she was looking for, and with a sage nod, she confirmed, “Of course. A mother can tell." She pursed her lips thoughtfully. "Tell me, do you think something is wrong with her? Do you not find her attractive? Our daughter is very beautiful, you know."

Lexy almost choked on her food. Was her girlfriend’s mother really asking her about sex?

Jhnal, paying no attention to Lexy’s discomfort, continued. "Maybe she is not feminine enough, yes? All of that playing of the sports and shooting of the guns! Not to mention her foul language, I must have told her a thousand times to tone that down..."

“N-no, that’s not it at all…” Lexy managed to stammer, shaking her head in denial.

“Then perhaps you prefer the bigger breasts? Or perhaps… you are not ‘in season’! You humans have that, yes? How do you say… the heat?” Jhnal leaned forward with interest.

Lexy squeaked, her face so hot she thought it might ignite, “No, it’s nothing like that!”

“Oh. Well then, what is the problem?” Jhnal asked, tapping her chin with her finger in thought. “Ahhh, I know… maybe you do not know how to have the sex with a woman?”

Mercifully sparing Lexy from having to answer that question, Rolik strolled into the room and both women turned to look at him. He found his wife’s innocent expression and Lexy's intense blush to be rather suspicious. "What are you doing to our guest, Jhnal?"

Jhnal had the grace to look a little shamefaced as she popped another morsel into her mouth before replying. “I was simply asking our daughter’s girlfriend why they have not yet had the sex.”

Rolik gasped at his wife. "She is human, Jhnal! They are not so comfortable with the subject as we are, and you are embarrassing her!" He laid a reassuring hand on Lexy’s shoulder and she internally sighed with relief. She was saved. Bless this man! He moved around the table to sit next to Jhnal and looked at Lexy curiously. "Well, now that it is out... you two have not been intimate yet?” Lexy abruptly changed her mind. Curse this man!

“Kathryn must really care for you, my dear; she is clearly holding back to avoid offending your human inhibitions. If you are ready, perhaps we can help you tell that to her,” Rolik offered with a smile, then turned to Jhnal to exchange a knowing look. Nodding, Jhnal rose from her seat and disappeared into the next room. After but a moment, she returned with a small statue which she set on the table in front of Lexy. “This is a horga’hn,” Rolik said as his wife slid back into the chair next to him, “Do you know what it is for?”

With a nod, Lexy softly quoted her research, “To display it means that you are seeking the rite of jamaharon.”

“That is correct." Rolik began to elucidate. "Now, to native Risans, jamaharon is more than just sex; it is an intimate spiritual and emotional experience that is reserved for a partner with whom we have a real connection. What most visitors to our world get that they call jamaharon is but a pale shadow of the real thing."

Jhnal continued her husband's thought without a break. "The sensuality of the rite, while it can be intense and overwhelming, especially for the… novice, can often bring a couple closer together.” They looked at each other and smiled tenderly, then she added, "Just make sure she understands that you present the horga'hn as a Risan would, and not as a tourist.”

Hesitantly, Lexy asked, “H-how do I do that?”

"Tell her we explained it to you,” came Rolik's simple reply. With a chuckle, he added, “You might get to embarrass her, for once."

The door to the pool could be heard opening, heralding Kate's imminent arrival, so Lexy quickly slipped the horga'hn into her pocket and whispered a flustered thank-you to Rolik and Jhnal. While the two women resumed their meal in an attempt to appear as though they had not just been talking about her, Rolik rose to greet his daughter as she entered the room. "Good morning, Kathryn! Can I get you some breakfast?"

The sleep was not yet entirely gone from Kate's eyes as she sat in the chair next to Lexy. "Yes, please, Papa," she answered, looking back and forth between her mother and her girlfriend. Something seemed… awkward. Lexy, while appearing nonchalant, was not her normal color. Her mother was her usual motherly self, but that was hardly reassuring. "...What were you all just talking about? Were you embarrassing Lexy?"

Lexy had her mouth full, but turned to Kate with wide, innocent eyes and shrugged. Jhnal spread her hands and said, “What would make you think that, Kathryn?”

"Her face is not usually quite so red as my hair, you know.”

Rolik reappeared with a hot plate of their traditional breakfast fare along with a steaming cup of coffee. "Here you are, my girl! All of your favorites!" He placed the food and drink on the table in front of Kate and sat down next to his wife.

Looking at the faces around the table, Kate realized that no more information on the matter would be forthcoming. In fact, Jhnal was now questioning Lexy about her family. Kate finally gave up, and after a smile and nod of thanks to her father, started to eat.

PreviousNext

Return to U.S.S. Atlantis