Mission Arc #6 - Upgrades Complete

Forum for the U.S.S. Sentinel, running every Monday at 2100 EST. Talk about your missions and your crewmates here, and post your logs for everyone to read.

Moderator: James Greenman

Site Admin
That would be unwise

Character Name: Rhodri "Griff" Griffiths

Mission Arc #6 - Upgrades Complete

Postby James Greenman » Mon Mar 02, 2015 4:11 pm

Mission Orders, Stardate 11503.02

TO: Captain Jonathan Parker, Commanding Officer USS SENTINEL
CC: Commander Claire Stradiot, Executive Officer USS SENTINEL

By now I'm sure you've heard about the attacks on Romulan vessels by the Klingon Empire, House BratH in particular. Your reports will be invaluable in figuring out how this device works and what we can expect, but for now all ships and stations along the Klingon border have been put on high alert and any civilian stations warned to evacuate. We'll continue to render any assistance to the Romulan refugees as needed. Perhaps we could have prevented this turn of events, but hindsight has always been 20-20 and we'll simply have to learn from our mistakes.

For now, continue on towards Starbase 123 and once there go about with your refit. The Sentinel will be issued with one of the latest models of the Quantum Slipstream drive system as tested by a variety of Sovereign-class vessels successfully, most notably the USS Atlantis. I don't think I need to tell you how important it is that we get these new drive systems mounted in all capable starships as soon as we can, and while it isn't as efficient or accurate as the standard Warp drive it will cut months off long, straight forward journeys like the one you just took from Sol to the outer reaches of Federation space. Use it wisely.

All crew not involved in the refit are to disembark at the station for some much deserved shore leave. You'll also be taking on a new Chief of Science, one who has come highly recommended by the Vulcan Science Institute as well as Starfleet's own R&D division. I'm also personally assigning you a Federation Ambassador, the Sentinel is after all on a mission of discovery and it would do well to have someone with her credentials onboard. Please offer Ensign Terell all available hospitality.

Admiral Ren Tolar
Fleet Operations, Starfleet Command
Star Trek: Engage Game Manager

Game Director -Sigma Rho Station & U.S.S. Sentinel

Ensign

Re: Mission Arc #6 - Upgrades Complete

Postby Andy Cotterly » Mon Mar 09, 2015 9:06 am

Mission Briefing, Stardate 11503.09

TO: Senior Staff
CC: Captain Jonathan Parker, Commanding Officer USS SENTINEL

All: Continue to enjoy your shoreleave. Those of you who it applies to, update yourselves on the slipstream drive that is currently being installed. Also...take care if any of you decide to drink. Hopefully everyone remembers what happened last time. I'd hate to have to begin restricting shoreleaves.

End Briefing,

XO Cmdr Claire Stradiot
USS Sentinel

Site Admin
That would be unwise

Postby James Greenman » Mon Mar 23, 2015 2:31 pm

Mission Orders, Stardate 11403.23

TO: Captain Claire Stradiot, Commanding Officer USS SENTINEL

Captain Stradiot, as you may have heard there has been a development in the Tzenkethi conflict that has been escalating for the last several months and there is a sizeable fleet heading for Starbase 621 on the Tzenkethi border. The USS Atlantis of the Third Fleet is heading up operations under Admiral Blackthorne, and we need all available ships to rendezvous and provide support. That includes the Sentinel. While I'm sure we would have all liked a more comprehensive testing phase of the new Quantum Slipstream drive that's a luxury that we can ill afford.

Set course for Starbase 621 and make best possible speed to join up with the Ninth, Fifth, and the rest of the Third Fleet. Your orders are to hold the line and if possible push the Tzenkethi back into their own space. Defend the station at all costs until an evacuation can be completed.

Best of luck, Captain. May the Prophets guide your path.

Admiral Ren Tolar
Fleet Operations, Starfleet Command

Ensign

Postby Andy Cotterly » Tue Mar 24, 2015 1:30 am

TO: Senior Staff of USS Sentinel

Mission Briefing:

All: I'm calling everyone back from shore leave immediately. Once aboard, set course for Starbase 621, Maximum warp. Once we're on our way, I want everyone on the senior staff in the Observation Lounge...This is serious people. I'll give you more information on this once we meet.

Hop to it,

CO Stradiot

Close Briefing

Site Admin
That would be unwise

Postby James Greenman » Tue Mar 31, 2015 12:31 am

Mission Orders, Stardate 11403.30

TO: Captain Claire Stradiot, Commanding Officer USS SENTINEL
CC: Lieutenant Vikram Baudin, acting Executive Officer USS SENTINEL

The Sentinel along with the remains of the Ninth, Third and Teenty-Sixth fleets have pulled back to the Mizar system. The loss of Starbase 621 is regrettable but there were over two thousand evacuees saved before the Tzenkethi arrived - for that you're to be commended.

Preliminary reports suggest that the Tzenkethi are reinforcing this forward position while the rest of their fleet arrives, it would be the perfect opportunity for a counter attack if we weren't currently fighting on three fronts. Sigma Rho is taking a beating, and the Kobliad system is being approached by a combined Tzenkethi and Been mercenary force. We're overextending on all fronts waiting for more forces to be brought in from around the Federation.

So far calls to our allies have been...unsatisfactory, at best. The Klingons are dealing with their own agenda, the Romulans are typically quiet and the Ferengi have refused to budge - I believe they're waiting for one side to start losing before picking one. We're expecting a force from Andor three days for now.

The Sentinel is being ordered to assist in the evacuation of Sigma Rho - the Siege has been ongoing for over thirty hours and Captain Griffiths is struggling to hold the Tzenkethi off so all hands has been sounded and all nonessential personnel are being pulled out. You're to take ships from the Twelfth, Eighteenth and Fifty-First fleets along with a detachment of MACO transports and bolster forces at Sigma Rho with all possible haste.

Good luck, Captain. We have to hold.

Admiral Ren Tolar
Fleet Operarions, Starfleet Command

Ensign

Postby Andy Cotterly » Sat Apr 11, 2015 1:39 pm

Mission Briefing:

All: We must hold this line...Chances are, without any more support on our side we may be facing another retreat. However, our primary concern is holding off the enemy for long enough to evacuate the station.

OPS: I know I've asked quite a bit from you, but we're going to need two things. One is the retreat coordinates and the other are the destruct codes for Sigma Rho...I pray that we need neither of these things, but I'm sure you understand.

ENG: We're not leaving this group of ships without orders, so the QS Drive is not a priority right now. Once things have settled down, feel free to repair it. I need shields more than anything. Bolster them with whatever you can. Sticks if you have to.

Good Luck,

CO Stradiot

Close Briefing

Ensign

Postby Andy Cotterly » Tue Apr 28, 2015 1:42 am

Mission Briefing:

All: We're going to continue to hold the line and give the MACO personnel as well as our own away team time to set the self destruct sequence.

Away Team: Good luck...I'm very fond of every member of my crew, so please make sure to return or it'll be a court martial!

Good Luck,

CO Stradiot

Close Briefing

Return to U.S.S. Sentinel