CMO Lieutenant Sarissa

Forum for the U.S.S. Sentinel, running every Monday at 2100 EST. Talk about your missions and your crewmates here, and post your logs for everyone to read.

Moderator: James Greenman

Lieutenant

Re: CMO Lt. JG Sarissa

Postby Vanessa Brinkman » Mon Aug 31, 2015 3:13 pm

James Greenman wrote:I like Vary :allears:

Can we keep him around even after the Doc gets back?

James, he's been around since the scuffles with the Tzenkethi. He ain't going anywhere.
SCI Lt. T'Lira, USS Atlantis
CMO Lt. Sarissa t'Kaveth, USS Sentinel
CTO Lt. Noemi Idaris, Sigma Rho

Site Admin
That would be unwise

Character Name: Rhodri "Griff" Griffiths

Postby James Greenman » Mon Aug 31, 2015 3:22 pm

Vanessa Brinkman wrote:
James Greenman wrote:I like Vary :allears:

Can we keep him around even after the Doc gets back?

James, he's been around since the scuffles with the Tzenkethi. He ain't going anywhere.

Yiissssssssss

Also, fantastic log! Loving the writing that's coming up the last few months.
Star Trek: Engage Game Manager

Game Director -Sigma Rho Station & U.S.S. Sentinel

Lieutenant

Organized Chaos

Postby Vanessa Brinkman » Fri Sep 11, 2015 5:02 pm

(as aCMO Nurse Gary Williams)

"Gah!" he gasped, tripping over a crate that had almost literally appeared out of nowhere.

Medtech Loret wandered by, muttering something to himself as he read a PADD, also falling prey to a sudden crate, but he actually hit the ground. Gary had managed to catch himself in time.

"Who the hell left these crates here!? I might just make ya clean conduits around here if ya don't fess up now and fix this damned mess!" Gary snapped to all of the medical staff in the area.

Everybody looked confused and then the doors swished open, revealing a young ensign carrying another of those damned crates. The kid walked in, set the crate in the middle of the floor, and made to leave, only to be snagged by Nurse Kelly.

"Hey, Ensign. I'd put those crates somewhere else before Gary goes apoplectic on you."

"Too late, Lorella. I'm about to go apoplectic on this idiot," Gary glowered at the suddenly pale ensign, drawing himself up to all five feet, nine inches of his height.

"Um, sir, I..."

"In my office. Now!"

The kid hurried off. Kelly sighed.

"Really?" she asked, "Is this necessary?"

"I'm not actually going to yell at him, Lorella. I'm going to let him stew for a bit while we move these crates to the supply closet. Then, I'll direct him as to where the closet is and how to organize these crates so we don't have an actual problem. I'm not that cruel."

Loret picked himself off the floor and swore in Bajoran.

"Can I yell at him?"

"No," both Kelly and Gary told him. The Bajoran medtech grumbled and carried on, still reading that PADD and mumbling.

With all the medical staff helping, it took maybe twenty minutes to move the crates and put them in their appropriate places. Then, Gary went to talk to the ensign.

The poor kid shot to attention as soon as Gary walked into the office.

"At ease, kid. First, don't call me 'sir', I'm a crewman. Second, be grateful you pulled this when I'm in charge. You'd have gotten your ass busted if our favorite OCD chief was here. Ya got a name, son?"

"Um, Ensign Kyreth, sir... uh, Chief."

The kid was practically sweating, his antennae moving frantically.

"That'll do. I just wanted you out of the way so the staff could fix the problem. Now, come on. I'm going to show you how to put the crates in the supply closet like they're supposed to be."

The kid calmed down a bit and Gary led him out, explaining to him how the supply closet worked and how to leverage the crates up using the anti-grav pallet that someone had left in the corner a couple of years ago. Nobody had bothered to return it to Cargo Bay One, so Sickbay had adopted it for its own usage. That thing was pretty useful, and not just for crates. It had even once held three incubator units when some poor lieutenant commander had given birth during that power outage over H'atoria. That had been an interesting day.

Ensign Kyreth left with a new knowledge, including the story of the pallet, and Gary was left feeling like a slightly better person. Not much, but still. At least he hadn't yelled at the kid like he had wanted to.

Lieutenant

A Spot of Trouble

Postby Vanessa Brinkman » Mon Sep 28, 2015 2:17 pm

TO: Lt. (j.g.) Sarissa t'Kaveth, CMO, USS Sentinel
CC: (Not applicable)
SUBJECT: Information

Hey, sorry for the cryptic-ness of this message. I, uh, may have gotten into a spot of trouble. I know what you're probably thinking, but it's not like that, I swear! No girls (or guys) involved, just work.

Well, to start explaining, I should probably mention that me and my team did hear something about some weird movements in Tzenkethi space, but then one of my team got distracted by some pretty artifact... Tkon, I think. Anyway, we're not cleared to see the ship they've got holed up right now, so... he snuck aboard. And got caught. And now we're all under investigation because the dolt used our codes to get into the systems and rewrite his access levels.

So yeah, that's my problem. The problem is, I've got an alibi. Remember that conversation before you left for that hush-hush deal? That's when he rewrote the access level, apparently, so now I need to prove it. I have no idea where you are at the moment, because I'm not exactly qualified to know about your mission, so when you get this, could you please let them know that my alibi is solid?

This is literally the only message they'll let me send, and I feel kinda stupid having to ask, but yeah. Really sorry to have to do this. Really.

But this is my "bail me out" message I get to send... and I'm about to get yelled at by that ugly guard they posted to me. Gotta run. See you around!

END MESSAGE
MESSAGE SENT

Lieutenant

Problem Solving

Postby Vanessa Brinkman » Mon Oct 19, 2015 2:20 pm

Sarissa knew that she probably shouldn't have delayed in checking her messages, as she had been expecting the latest issue of the Federation Medical Journal, but things had been kind of busy, with rearranging her office and getting back at Gary and other busy work.

As she checked her messages, she did find the latest issue of the journal and... what was this? Who would send a message with the subject simply being "information"?

So, she opened it and read it. Probably not the best idea, but she was just too damned curious for her own good.

Oh. It was from Tommy. Well, his teammate was certainly not the brightest cadet out of the Academy.

"Oh joy," she muttered to herself, "Now to deal with this mess."

A quick search of the Starfleet personnel directory revealed the name of the prison warden that Tommy was most likely to be held in. Warden Grek was sure to be in a foul mood, but that did seem typical of Tellarites. A written message would do then.

TO: Warden Jola chim Grek, Starfleet Security Prison Facility A, San Francisco, Earth
CC: (not applicable)
SUBJECT: Thomas Alvarez

It has recently been brought to my attention that a breach of security led to the arrest and imprisonment of a team of Intel officers. As I heard, one of the officers illegally used his teammates' codes to change his security clearance to be allowed to view a recently discovered Tkon ship. I cannot vouch for all of them, but Lt. Alvarez was not involved. At the time of the crime, he and I were discussing various subjects in a bar. I'm sure the bartender could correlate my account.

If it helps, I can tell you that the bar where the discussion was happening was very far from Earth and nowhere near any Tkon artifacts of any kind. I have no idea where any of the others were, but a recent message I received from Lt. Alvarez suggests that only one officer was involved. I recommend you look for the one who jumps at the idea of being able to study a Tkon artifact and would be most willing to commit a crime to do so. But don't let me tell you how to do your job! You are the warden for a reason, after all.

END MESSAGE
MESSAGE SENT

Sarissa really hoped that the message worked. Granted, Tommy could probably bluff his way out of prison, but this seemed pretty serious. Hopefully, the message was the right mix of formal and contrite. That generally seemed to do the trick... or at least that's what the diplomats always seemed to believe.

Oh well. She'd hear soon enough whether it worked or not.

Site Admin
That would be unwise

Character Name: Rhodri "Griff" Griffiths

Postby James Greenman » Mon Nov 16, 2015 4:56 pm

I'm loving this. I had to catch up on the previous logs too, and they were all just as fantastic. Can't wait for the rest :allears:
Star Trek: Engage Game Manager

Game Director -Sigma Rho Station & U.S.S. Sentinel

Lieutenant

Problem Solved

Postby Vanessa Brinkman » Mon Nov 16, 2015 10:30 pm

Thomas Alvarez gave a deep sigh of relief as he saw the front door of the Starfleet Security facility. Boy, jail cells sure were spartan as they said.

The warden was waiting for him, and he looked especially grumpy, even for a Tellarite.

"Listen up, Lieutenant," Grek snapped, "You got really lucky. Most folks don't get an answer to their one message, but you did. However, you are hereby ordered to remain on planet for trial. You're still not out of this yet."

"But my friend vouched for me, right?"

"She did. However, I've got two people, one of which is accused, against perfectly recorded computer files. Fortunately for your friend, their name has slipped my mind, as well as the time the message was received in my inbox. I'm not about to drag more people into this, especially now that I do recall your friend's family name. I've got family serving in the Palais, and I don't need that mess. Look, just stay on planet and out of trouble. You're being allowed back on light duty, but that's it. Heavily supervised duty, I might add," Grek huffed.

Tommy grinned, "Hey, if it helps, I know a few folks who could dissect those records and solve your mess."

Grek instantly seemed suspicious, "You just spent close to a month in that cell and now you want to help?"

"That bastard betrayed me and my team. Trust me, we'll all be willing to help. In fact, I think I know just how to make this mess go away..."

It took three hours, six cups of raktajino, and parting with his most prized possession before Grek agreed to let him help. Tommy was fine with the time and the cups of Klingon brew, but losing his best, not to mention signed, rugby jersey? That was just extortion.

The air outside smelled like rain and someone's unwashed body as Tommy was jostled in the line for the transporter station. It looked like this line was going to take a while, so he pulled out his recently-returned PADD and started calling up a few names to send them messages. And to check the news, because it had been a month.

And there it was, in a recent Intel division newsletter. Sigma Rho was back in Fed hands. Good, that meant less work for the analysts, which meant they wouldn't bitch at the bosses so much, who wouldn't then turn around and lecture the field agents on how to do their jobs.

Maybe things would end up fine, after all.

Lieutenant

Medical Musings

Postby Vanessa Brinkman » Mon Nov 23, 2015 7:22 pm

"D'you think that we might get lucky and have a mission where we can just play darts and get hammered?"

A sigh answered Gary Williams' complaint.

"That'd be the day," Loret muttered. Kelly nodded, fiddling with her hair as she monitored some poor crewman's biobed.

"No, but seriously. Can we just, go on strike or something? Because this is getting old."

"Gary, it's our job. You signed up for this, remember?" Kelly scolded him in the way that only she could.

"Doesn't mean I ain't getting too old for this shit," he replied.

"If it makes you feel any better, I'm starting to feel just a tad bit over all this bloodshed, too," Sarissa chimed in from her work in checking an engineering ensign's wounds.

"See? Doc agrees with me!" Gary pointed out to his fellows. Loret shrugged and Kelly shook her head.

"You know I hate being called that," Sarissa replied.

"Haven't we been over this, Doc? I don't think I much care."

"So let me sum this up," Loret drawled, "We all know we're sick and tired of doing our jobs, but we do them anyway because we're supposed to."

"Not exactly...," Gary began to protest, but Kelly cut him off.

"Yes, exactly. Now, are you done, Gary?"

"I ain't done 'til I say I'm done!"

"You're done when I say you are," Sarissa said, a falsely sweet smile on her face as she held up the dermal regenerater she was using to work on the ensign's wounds.

"Y'know, I think I am done after all."

"That's what I thought," Kelly smirked.

Loret leaned closer to Gary and whispered, "Women."

The two men burst into laughter and left their coworkers staring at them.

"What did he say?" Kelly asked.

"I have no idea. Probably one of his patented dirty joke," Sarissa replied.

The two continued to work as Loret and Gary laughed.

"What the hell did I do to wind up in here?" a new medical crewman wondered aloud to his patient.

"Beats me, pal," the weapons officer shrugged, then winced as he pulled his recently repaired wound a bit.

Lieutenant

Comic Relief

Postby Vanessa Brinkman » Mon Dec 07, 2015 5:13 pm

The chirp of the comm system startled Sarissa for a moment as she checked the caller ID. Well, this was certainly a surprise... no, it wasn't their birthday... odd.

A simple key press answered the call and two very similar faces appeared. One person wore a Starfleet uniform and the other wore civilian garb.

"Well, this is truly a surprise. I didn't expect both of you to comm at the same time," Sarissa smiled. Jaxon and Jarell Colvem exchanged smirks.

"Better to kill two birds with one stone while we can," Jarell answered, poking her twin brother's arm, "He's on leave right now."

"On leave? Is the Trident in for repairs?"

Jaxon snorted, "Of course we are. We got another beating from some pissed off Thallonians. You'd think they'd be grateful to the Federation, as we did kind of restore their entire government."

"We agreed not to discuss politics!" Jarell admonished him.

Sarissa laughed, "It's not politics, it's a cutting observation about politics."

"See? She agrees with me!"

"I never agreed with anyone."

And that set the twins off. They'd always been like this. Jarell was the calmer of the two, but she'd still manage to get annoyed by something Jaxon would say or do.

Sarissa let them argue for a few minutes before finally clearing her throat. Some days, she swore they acted younger than her, even if they were older.

"Hey, enough. I wasn't agreeing with anyone, I was making a statement. Let's not argue today? I've seen more than enough amongst my staff."

Jarell looked surprised, "Staff? Oh, right. Aunt Lareia mentioned that you ran a department on your ship."

"How the hell are you running one before me? I graduated five years before you!" Jaxon protested.

"Because you cause so much trouble it's a wonder Captain Mueller puts up with you," Jarell retorted.

"Well, we had an... interesting mission, and guess who got to deal with the mess in Sickbay. It's not always fun, but it's the job I trained for."

"And that is exactly why I'm a pilot," Jaxon declared. His sister just shook her head.

"Meanwhile, I'll be a good schoolteacher here, just working with these students and various technical difficulties," Jarell teased.

Jaxon stuck his tongue out at her and the entire conversation devolved into laughter and semi-inappropriate jokes, mostly from Jaxon, but some from the other two.

Lieutenant

Things the USS Sentinel's Sickbay Staff Are Not Allowed To D

Postby Vanessa Brinkman » Mon Jan 18, 2016 8:54 pm

It started with a simple, printed sheet of paper in Sickbay, posted just on the inside of the door. One simple line was displayed.

Rule #1: Do not threaten people with time in the quarantine section.

"What the hell?" Sarissa muttered, staring at the sheet. Others were muttering about it, too.

"Alright, someone fess up," Kelly demanded, "Who posted this?"

"I don't know who posted it," Sarissa decided, "So, here's an idea: Leave it be until we can catch who ever is posting this."

Kelly caught on fast and grinned.

Not three hours later, another two rules had been added.

Rule #2: Please stop threatening people with old-fashioned needles.
Rule #3: The supply closet is not for your private getaways. Please stop using it for such.

Kelly pouted when she read the third rule, not that it surprised anyone that she was the reason for it.

Not surprisingly, an hour later, an addendum was added.

Rule #3-a: If you have such a big libido, do it in the Jeffries tubes, not the medical supply closet.

Nobody bothered to do anything but laugh at that one.

And the very next morning, five more lines had appeared.

Rule #3-b: On second thought, don't do it anywhere.
Rule #4: Threatening people with a visit to the brig gets you nowhere in life.
Rule #4-a: The same goes for visits to the counselor's office.
Rule #5: The next time someone decides to drink before coming on duty, we will feel no pity for you.
Rule #6: No taking any meds out of Sickbay without permission and/or a prescription.

"Whoever this is, they're very thorough," Gary commented. Loret shrugged.

"Whoever they are," the Bajoran grumbled, "They just ruined my fun. Threatening people shuts them up long enough so I can fix them."

Shortly afterwards, another line appeared.

Rule #7: Sickbay staff are not allowed to write their own prescriptions.

That one brought a round of grumbles and a glare from Sarissa that promised hell for the next one who took drugs out of Sickbay.

To everyone's surprise, another rule appeared within ten minutes.

Rule #8: Absolutely no one is allowed to write a prescription for someone else unless there is a legitimate medical reason and it has been approved by a doctor.

"How can this possibly be this much of a problem?" Sarissa wondered aloud as she passed it, "You all should know better."

"Point taken," a passing nurse agreed, glaring at one of hir buddies.

Finally, they all got fed up and started a round-the-clock watch on the board.

It took another three days, but finally a loud string of curses announced an answer.

Sarissa peered out of her office to see Gary pointing at the list.

"A transporter! They used a transporter!"

Loret whistled, "Damn. That's gotta take some skill."

Meanwhile, in the counseling office, Bob Harlan grinned at his wife, who looked completely fed up.

"Is it necessary to consistently repost the same list?"

"It's got modifications!" he protested, "Besides, it's funny and they could use some rules in there. I think the only one that anyone sticks to is don't reorganize anyone's belongings or yours will wind up covered in gelatin."

"I must admit, that was particularly amusing."

"It was damned hilarious and we all know it."

"If you insist."

PreviousNext

Return to U.S.S. Sentinel