CSO Lieutenant Junior Grade Hamlet

Forum for the U.S.S. Sentinel, running every Monday at 2100 EST. Talk about your missions and your crewmates here, and post your logs for everyone to read.

Moderator: James Greenman

Site Admin
That would be unwise

Character Name: Rhodri "Griff" Griffiths

Re: SCI LtJG Hamlet

Postby James Greenman » Wed Apr 01, 2015 6:05 pm

:frogcool:
Star Trek: Engage Game Manager

Game Director -Sigma Rho Station & U.S.S. Sentinel

Lieutenant

Postby Vanessa Brinkman » Wed Apr 01, 2015 6:06 pm

:picard: Don't even think about it.
SCI Lt. T'Lira, USS Atlantis
CMO Lt. Sarissa t'Kaveth, USS Sentinel
CTO Lt. Noemi Idaris, Sigma Rho

Lieutenant

Postby Babette C » Wed Apr 01, 2015 6:10 pm

(where's an agree button when you need it?) yep. Don't.
:colbert:
CMO - Lt. Isabelle Rousseau - USS Hyperion NCC-77989
AMB - Lt. JG Rebecca Terell - USS Sentinel NCC-79088

Lieutenant
Pezzley Snipes

Postby Andrew Rice » Wed Apr 01, 2015 7:36 pm

Oh he'd totally do it.
Vincit Omnia Veritas - The truth conquers all things.

TAC - LtJG. Soule Douglas - USS Hyperion NCC-77989 / S.T.A.R. ECS
ENG - Lt. Ilaihr - USS Atlantis NCC-1021-D
CSO - LtJG. Hamlet - USS Sentinel NCC-79088

Lieutenant

Postby Vanessa Brinkman » Wed Apr 01, 2015 7:37 pm

Yeah... but he better not. :stare:

Site Admin
That would be unwise

Character Name: Rhodri "Griff" Griffiths

Postby James Greenman » Wed Apr 01, 2015 8:07 pm

Vanessa Brinkman wrote:Yeah... but he better not. :stare:

What're you gonna do about it, huh? :colbert:
Star Trek: Engage Game Manager

Game Director -Sigma Rho Station & U.S.S. Sentinel

Lieutenant

Postby Vanessa Brinkman » Wed Apr 01, 2015 8:41 pm

I will spam the OOC lounge with annoying songs and video links, most of which will be the "Ho, don't do it" song. You really don't want me to spam things. It gets bad... almost as bad as crew physicals *falsely sweet smile*

Lieutenant
Pezzley Snipes

Stardate: 11504.13

Postby Andrew Rice » Mon Apr 20, 2015 11:26 pm

"Science Officer Log Supplemental. We're giving the enemy what for at the moment, but the fleet is beginning to sustain damage. From the seems of things the Tzenkethi weren't expectin' us to push through their main assault to get at their heavy cruisers; 'n' we needed to 'n' all, they were smashin' the absolute shite outta us. Now we've shocked 'em, we needa pull back 'n' consolidate our forces whilst they're pickin' up their teeth. Problem is hostile reinforcements will arrive before ours.... we have got to smash the resolve of the fleet here already before they arrive, before our own fleet starts to suffer severe morale loss from the attrition. I'm adamant that we can hold Sigma with the right tactics, no matter how much those bast'rds throw at us but I will stand by whatever decision Captain Stradiot makes; the most important things are all civilians and personnel being evacuated and Rho not falling into enemy hands. But we can't seriously scorch-earth again, not after 621, that will embolden the enemy forces further. We need to make a stand against them here, regroup the fleet, and turn our defensive play and 'tactical withdrawals' into an offensive and begin our pushback and eventual invasion of Tzenkethi space.

The Breen entering the war is somewhat of an issue that concerns me though... they're a species of supposed mystery 'n' paradox; but in my brief interactions with them I've found them to be courageous, cunning and deceptively honourable... not something most people see. They actually have a thing about killing civilians; Breen culture prefers to enslave them, and you canni enslave people if their all dead or scattered... they're no' hunters, they don't actually like the chase. The Breen are a race of soldiers, and soldiers kill soldiers. The Breen aren't easy to ally because of that, they have to benefit in a big way for them to commit to it; they must see something in this Tzenkethi war, unless they are being led by another power entirely that we haven't encountered yet... which I think is a terrifying possibility."

Lieutenant
Pezzley Snipes

The Family Of My Friend Is My Family

Postby Andrew Rice » Mon May 11, 2015 4:24 am

It had been a long week, so Hamlet was taking the opportunity for a proper night's kip. He was laid in bed, fast asleep with his arm around Cre'el, whom herself was exhausted from the last few days in sickbay. The quiet was shattered by an alarm going off from the living room console. Cre'el woke up first, groaning, and with a sharp elbow to the Hamlet's rib, clearly stated her intention to stay in bed. He got up slowly and begrudgingly, wondering what could possibly be going on this late an hour. Bleary eyed and yawning, he wandered into the living room; the alarm still going off angrily.

"O'rite, O'rite..." He called out to the computer. "I'm bledy up, for gawd sake!"

He sat down at the console; his eyes still only vaguely open, and accessed it. He sat there silently for a good two minutes, not quite understand what he was looking at, the glaring light from the screen burning the images onto his retinas. It was only when he wiped his eyes and focussed that he understood what he was reading. He dashed into the bedroom, disturbing Cre'el as he went, grabbing his uniform slumped over their dresser and quickly putting it on.

"Where are you going?" She mumbled at him, opening her eyes momentarily to check the chronometer. "It's 3am. Come back to bed."
He leaned over her as he put his uniform jacket on, planting a kiss on her cheek. "I would like nothing more love. But something important has come up, and it needs my immediate attention."
She rolled over and opened one eye at him at his comment. "Mhm..."
"...No' that yer no' important of course, my highland blossom." He then kissed her on both her cheeks and one more on the lips, to mitigate his error. "I gotta go..."
She smiled, and closed her eyes like vices. "Sod off then." Before rolling back over and falling asleep.

Hamlet quickly and quietly tiptoed out of his quarters, before taking up a much more gravitas pace down the corridor towards the turbolift. "Bridge." He commanded to the computer, before the turbolift hastily made it's way there. He barely acknowledged the night staff as he stepped out of the turbolift; even brushing off the junior officer in command when she offered him the captain's chair. He took up his seat at the science post and began accessing long range communications. The screen sat there lifeless but the Starfleet insignia for a few minutes, before a slightly grizzed looking face appeared.

"This is Doctor Clemens of the U.S.S Hippocrates, how may I be off assistance." The man said with a heavy east Texan draw to his voice.
"I'm sorry about the late hour doctor, it was important I speak with you as soon as possible?"
"Ah, don't you worry Mister....?"
"Lieutenant Hamlet, sir."
"...Mr Hamlet, don't you worry. Hippocrates is a hosptial ship; nobody sleeps here for long. So how can I help you?"
"I set a pair of medical records to flag the moment they were accessed and to alert me to it immediately."
"And I take it the records were flagged aboard Hippocrates?"
"Indeed they were doctor. Two teenagers, surname Douglas. Sasha and Mordecai."
Doctor Clemens flicked through the records. "Douglas....Douglas......Ah!" It didn't take him long to find them. "Here they are, Betazoid twins, rescued from Sigma Rho... some of the last out."
Hamlet had puzzled look on his face. "No doctor, they're human..."
"They're definitely of Betazoid blood lieutenant... they have fully formed paracortices. Which means they are capable of telepathic and empathic abilities."

Hamlet looked away for a moment to talk to himself. "Soule never mentioned he was part Betazoid..." He shook that revelation off, as he realised that wasn't what was important.
"Can I ask what interests you have in these kids?"
"I know their brother.... he couldn't make it to Sigma himself so...."
"I understand. I guess that temporarily makes you their guardian then."
"Yes, I suppose it does. So I need them transferred to the Sentinel as soon as possible."

The doctor took a long remorseful look at Hamlet. "I'm afraid I can't do that lieutenant. Not at this time."
"I know it's late, it can wait 'til morning."
"Its not about the hour Mr Hamlet.... its about the condition."
Hamlet inched closer to the screen. "What condition doctor? Whats happened?"
"Well the girl, Sasha, she came in with minor injuries; broken arm, first and second degree burns to the same arm and the underside of her face... but it's the boy...."
"DOCTOR!"
"From what I've been told; there was an explosion just before they made it to the escape pod. An entire bulkhead collapsed. Master Douglas was underneath when it went. He has some pretty severe neurological damage and he is on full life support at this moment. It is hit and miss as to whether he is going to make it at all. Transporting him to Sentinel will undoubtedly kill him."

Hamlet's heart stopped in his chest; he felt Soule's pain in his absence, the shock had him almost speechless. He took a deep breath and collected himself. "Then prepare to receive me doctor. I will be there momentarily."

Commander

Re: SCI Lieutenant Junior Grade Hamlet

Postby Einar S » Mon May 11, 2015 11:55 am

great log Andrew :)
Captain Jonathan Rome
Commanding Officer
USS Hyperion

PreviousNext

Return to U.S.S. Sentinel