CSO Lieutenant Junior Grade Hamlet

Forum for the U.S.S. Sentinel, running every Monday at 2100 EST. Talk about your missions and your crewmates here, and post your logs for everyone to read.

Moderator: James Greenman

Lieutenant
Pezzley Snipes

Stardate 11501.07

Postby Andrew Rice » Tue Jan 20, 2015 2:15 am

"Science Officer's Log, Stardate: 11501.07. This may very well be the last log I will ever be able to write; as the Sentinel and the Artur slowly fall into the gravity well of a planet, there's about an hour left until we begin to break up in the upper atmosphere. I wont say my goodbyes; I wont decree my love for my family or my respect for my peers and superiors, because I have faith that we will make it out of here. We have recently detected an unknown structure on the surface, which may very well be responsible for the loss of power and control and the reason we're fallin' from the sky. I personally believe it to be Iconian in origin, but there's no proof nor time to find that out. Engineering is attempting to cold start the warp core, but even if they do what's to stop the structure doin' it again, and how does that help the Artur? Whilst they are doing that, I'm trying to find other options; but I am seriously running out of ideas.... Ensign Rilu was able to reactivate the command console, which was of quite high importance.... If all of our options do fail, it is our duty to destroy the ship. Any technology aboard her will be scavenged and most likely used against the Federation by Klingon Empire; since relations have become severely tense as of late. This event could be the catalyst for worsening relations and eventually the spark that ignites war... We will make it out of here, we have to. In all hope, I will be recording another one of these this time tomorrow, otherwise, I have no regrets and it has been of greatest honour to serve Starfleet and the United Federation of Planets."
Vincit Omnia Veritas - The truth conquers all things.

TAC - LtJG. Soule Douglas - USS Hyperion NCC-77989 / S.T.A.R. ECS
ENG - Lt. Ilaihr - USS Atlantis NCC-1021-D
CSO - LtJG. Hamlet - USS Sentinel NCC-79088

Lieutenant
Pezzley Snipes

Stardate: 11501.26

Postby Andrew Rice » Tue Feb 03, 2015 1:51 am

"Science Officer's Log. I had a feeling we'd be speaking again; I just didn't think it would be as easy in the end to not die. Obviously we're not quite out of the woods yet; as we still don't quite know what caused the situation in the first place, but our best bet is still that structure. We need to find out as much as possible about it, make sure this doesn't happen again. I believe still that it is Iconian in origin; the whole circumstance to it feels similar - at least in some way - to past reports on encounters with their technology. I'll advise the captain as best I can, but I believe a team is required to go down for maximum results."

Lieutenant
Pezzley Snipes

Stardate: 11502.02

Postby Andrew Rice » Tue Feb 10, 2015 2:31 am

Irrespective of the current circumstances, Hamlet couldn't help but beam ear-to-ear as he relished the coming away mission. He hadn't been on an actual away mission in years; excluding of course the excursion with Sosheth and the neural pods. While he was slightly anxious at the the many unknown dangers that could be lurking, he saw it as an opportunity to get some good work done and possibly impress the brass; at the very least the technology he's going to investigate was intriguing and could further shed light on the loss of power the Sentinel suffered. He was a little apprehensive at the thought of going down to a Klingon planet, having been 20 years since he last spent any real time with his people, but he wasn't going to let past disgrace get in the way of doing his job. He was much more worried about what his wife was going to say; as he gathered up his away team equipment and prepared to go to the transporter bay, his hand hovered over his commbadge as he prepared himself for battle. He pressed his communicator and signalled Cre'el.

"Dearest blossom...." He recited at her.
"You're going on an away mission..." She replied.
"I'm goin' on an away missiii...... Agh, I hate it when you do that. How did you know?" He did a double take and cursed the heavens, he was hoping to surprise her.
"There's an alien structure on the planet husband; that may or may not have something to do with why we nearly fell from orbit, and you are a scientist and my stubborn stone-headed Klingon husband; who is neither afraid of danger nor willing to turn up the chance to discover something in the name of science or your own ego."
"Well.... what does one say to that then...?" He pondered, shaking his head and smiling at how aggressive his wife is; an affirmation of why he loves her.
"What you say is that you will be safe, that you'll be making it home to me and our family."
"Of course my beloved highland flower. The gods could not keep me from you."
"Good." She smiled. "Remember to not do anything stupid or clumsy either!"
"Oh, you ruined the mood." He moaned and hung his head in dejection. "There's me thinking we were gonna be all romantic and such, then you come along and kick me right down."
"I'll make it up to you when you make it back in one piece."
"Do I have to be in one whole piece? Can I be missin' some blood? Or a finger? I'm already missin' one...so can I miss two? Do I void the contract if these terms aren't met? What happens if...." She cut him off right there.
"Shut up you idiot! Get to work. And as Humans say: Knock them dead."
"Kisses." He proceeded to make kissing sounds until the Cre'el cut the comm.

He laughed to himself as he grabbed the rest of what he needed, musing to himself about his wife as he gave himself a quick brush down and straightening up, before making his way to the transporter room. "God I love that woman. She knows how to treat a man." He took a deep breath as he made his way through the corridor. "First away mission...... Lets do this!"

Lieutenant
Pezzley Snipes

The Day Of Dishonour

Postby Andrew Rice » Tue Feb 24, 2015 2:52 am

The klaxon rang hard; the ship was at full red alert and the calls of the captain had everyone aboard rushing to their post. Hamlet ran though the corridor toward the bridge, noticing Macbeth up ahead of him.

"Brother!" He called. "Wha's going on?"
His brother turned back and waited for him. "I dunno know; we've been diverted to Deep Space Nine, I have no idea why."
"The Dominion are making a push through the Bajoran Wormhole?"
"Were y'no' listen spazz? I said I dunno. Come on we gotta go, I'm Head Tactical and your Head Science for fook sake; we gotta be on bledy bridge!"

The continued on running down the hall to the bridge. "If its battle stations why the bledy hell do they need me?"
"Well...y...sssSCIENCE!" He laughed. "Might need to collapse the wormhole."
"We're no' gonna collapse the bledy wormhole ya y'ijit! With you in charge of tactical, I'm suprised we're no' fookin' dead yet."
"Eh! Prick! I'm a bledy good tactical officer."
"Dearest Macbeth; how do I convey, my incrongruant feelings of dismay... at the drizzling shite you speak." Hamlet laughed this time. "Yoo'r ham-fisted y'are, an'y'bledy know it."
"Aye...." Macbeth replied in defiant pride. "Still damn good though..."

The both laughed at each other as they came up the corridor to the bridge entrance. Suddenly it went completely quiet throughout the ship; the klaxon stopped and was replace with an eerie silence. Hamlet and Macbeth looked at each other; puzzled and confused they entered the bridge to the captain barking orders to the junior officers, and minor chaos throught the bridge.

"Cap'n!" Hamlet roared over the noise. "Fook's goin' on sir?"

The captain, who appeared to be in somewhat of a mood; grabbed the nearest officer to him by the shoulder, pulling him in rapidly and headbutting him in the face, throwing them to the floor. He then proceeded to remove a bottle of bloodwine from his pocket, as he approached Hamlet, and up-end necked the whole flask in one, lobbing it across the bridge at the fallen officer as he tried to get back up. He stood face to face with Hamlet, eyeing him up, gritting his teeth, then doing the same with Macbeth.

"You two!" He growled. "With me now..." He turned about and stormed into his office, leaving the brothers to stare at each other again.
"He appears to be in a wee bit of a bad mood eh?" Chuckled Macbeth.
"Ach! Fookin' understatement... ne're seen him twat Kraks like that before." He pointed with his thumb at Lagh Krak with concern; as he was now unconscious on the floor.

The two cautiously entered the captain's office. He was sat at his desk; two full glasses of bloodwine poured out on the desk for the brothers, whilst he himself drank from the bottle. They approached his desk, not taking the drinks yet.

"Sir! Wha's goin' on? Hamlet asked again.
"War!" He replied coldly. "We are at war!"

The brothers again looked at each other, deciding that this would be the moment to have those drinks. Hamlet played with his for a moment, whilst Macbeth put it down him quickly and continued.

"Who are we at war with cap'n? Have those Dominion bastards finally come through the wormhole? Or are we proceeding to conquer the Cardassian Union?"

The captain didn't answer right away, he thought tactically about it for some time. "We are going forth with our invasion of Cardassia..."
"Well thats good news i'n't it?" Asked Macbeth. "Why were we going to Deep Space Nine at red alert?"
"You didn't let me finish." He grumbled. "But... All diplomatic relations with the Federation have ceased... their subjects expelled from the empire... We were on our way to reinforce the invasion of DS9 in the Bajoran system; but the attack has been halted, and we are moving back into Cardassian territory."

The brothers were shocked; Hamlet spittaking, slamming his fist on the desk. "We're war with the Federation!" He shouted.
"Yes sogh."
"This is an outrage! I deman....." They both starting roaring but were cut off by the captain.
"You both need to stop talking, NOW!" The both silenced themselves as he levelled with them.

"I exaggerated, we are not yet at war. But we soon will be. And now I know how you're loyalties fall..."

Macbeth became agitated as he anticipated a security team to enter the room at any moment, whilst Hamlet gritted his teeth at the Captain.

"You wanna kill us cap'n, go ahead an' try..." Hamlet growled.
"Im not going to kill you; I'm giving you a chance..."
"A chance to do what?" Macbeth interjected.
"To decide..." Replied the captain ominously.

Lieutenant
Pezzley Snipes

The Day Of Dishonour: Part 2

Postby Andrew Rice » Tue Mar 03, 2015 1:44 am

Hamlet rushed through the corridor, from the bridge back to his quarters. He was nervous, and rightly so; his loyalty had just been questioned, and it was only a matter of time until security would be looking for him. He entered his quarters and began to pace frantically, unsure of what to do; his youthful Klingon blood demanding immediate action, but his Vulcan training was telling him to think logically and remain calm. He took a long, deep breath and stopped.

He began to sylleptically pack his bags, and those of his brother; thinking carefully about what they would need on their journey. The Captain had supposedly given them a decision, however; staying would put them at risk, and Hamlet in all conscience couldn't fight against the Federation. He and Macbeth had grown up in the highlands of Scotland, an ethereal land steeped in myth and legend, situated at the heart of the Federation. Their mother was a Vulcan. They had been trained in the ways of tierce Klingon, Vulcan and Human cultures.

Suddenly Macbeth entered the room, and looked on at Hamlet in shock. "Brother! What t'hell y'do'n man?"
"Packing. Grab yer things."

Macbeth just stood there, with his head held low, waiting for his brother to notice.

"Mac! I said grab yer things, we've gotta go." He stopped packing and looked at the expression on Macbeth's face. "What is it?"
"Ham.... I..."
"No! Dont yoo dare say it. Dont yoo dare!"
"I can't leave brother. I have to stay."
"Yoo cant. They will put on the pressure, they'll make yoo out to be a sympathiser and a traitor.... they'll kill yoo."

Macbeth walked over and took a seat on one of the bottom bed bunk, motioning for Hamlet to join him. Hamlet didn't like it, knowing a lecture was coming from his younger sibling, he begrudgingly sat down.

"Do yoo remember paps always goin' on about the revival?"
"Of course. It's his life's work."
"He always says; the Federation is the future of the Empire; and for that to happen, there needs to be people on both sides." Macbeth placed his hand on Hamlet's shoulder and gave a sincere smile.

Hamlet looked back at him with sad eyes, yet a hint of veiled pride. He placed his hands either side of Macbeth's face, and smiled back as a single tear cascaded down his face. "Yoo crazy, pointy eared bast'rd. Yoo'r nuts"
"Aye. Maybe. We've both got our destinies; I'm a bledy soldier, I defend the realm. Yoo'r a scientist and scholar, and you stand for reason and discovery." He laughed. "With one 'ell'ova right hook."
Hamlet laughed, shaking his head with a grin on his face. "Y'know I have no idea how I'm gettin' off the ship withoot being shot on the way."
"Funny you should mention... yoo'r darlingist brother, ie me, thought of that." He replied as he enthusiastically slapped Hamlet's knee. "On our way into Cardassian space, there's the golden opportunity to get some local intel from some people who know their way aroond a dead Cardie." He then winked, trying to hint to Hamlet.
"Bloody Maquis..."
"See. Excellent time to slip away."
"And if the captain finds out yoo helped me escape?"
"Oh fuck th'cap'n. Fucker ain't got squat to tie me. I'm smart, cover my tracks. Do my job. He'll suspect, but he'll never get proof."
"When we meeting the ship then?" Hamlet asked curiously.
"Goin' to a planet; be there in two days. It'll be a good place to go missin'. And since the ship'll have to move on, they wont bother lookin' for a while."
Hamlet laughed again, shaking his head. "I was wrong earlier. Yoo'r a damn good tactical officer, yoo already thought this all oot, and y'knew I would leave."
"No fuckin' duh. I'm the dog's bollocks, and no' just a pretty face."

They both looked on; out the window as the stars passed them by, wondering what the future will bring; whether they would one day stand counterpoint, and make great things happen.

Lieutenant
Pezzley Snipes

Good Evening Professor.

Postby Andrew Rice » Mon Mar 09, 2015 5:18 am

Lieutenant
Pezzley Snipes

Stardate: 11503.09

Postby Andrew Rice » Fri Mar 13, 2015 1:20 am

"Science Officer's Personal Log. Stardate 11503.09. After my recent promotion to Lieutenant Junior Grade, I'm finding myself very... retrospective of the last few month aboard the Sentinel, as well as my 15 year career in Starfleet. I had been an ensign for 11 years; and when I first came aboard, at my age, I did feel slightly silly holding such a junior rank. I suppose I never really thought about it until now; for such a long time my rank was just a minor formality, no one ever called me ensign, and for seven years I was Professor Hamlet... I enjoy my time here, I have a good relationship with alot of people on board, the family are happy and the work is rewarding.... I guess the new rank has caused some hindsight; I could be a captain by now had I chosen a different path. But d'yoo know what? I don't think I'd change it for the world. I got to send off atleast a hundred cadets into the galaxy over the course of my teaching years, my children grew up in the nurturing environment of Earth, and now every advancement I have will be a greater reward. I'm a science officer now, but tomorrow? I could be Chief Science Officer, I could be the Sentinel's official JAG officer, I could be an ambassador... from here; the possibilities are endless."

Lieutenant
Pezzley Snipes

Re: SCI LtJG Hamlet

Postby Andrew Rice » Sun Mar 29, 2015 3:10 am

Lieutenant
Pezzley Snipes

Stardate: 11503.23

Postby Andrew Rice » Tue Mar 31, 2015 1:35 am

"Science Officer's log. Stardate: 11503.23. Our orders have jus' come in, the Sentinel is en route to Sigma Rho station. I had assumed Hyperion would be joining us, and I would get to fight besides young master Douglas; see if he's as good as he's always proclaimed. However, it appears they have been pulled aw'y to defend our flank at Kobliad. I was alarmed to find out his younger brother and sister live aboard the station; I can imagine what he must be dealin' with. As such I am taking it upon myself to personally secure the safety of Sasha and Mordecai Douglas, I've set the computer to flag them the moment their medical files are accessed, with the hope that one of the ships in Task Force Sigma pick them up. In the meantime, with the usage of the Ginni Bast'rds or as I have officially named Quantum-Tricobalt tornadoes or Cuties, I am looking through all of volatile substances we have aboard in the hopes that I can construct something else as effective.... I'm currently drawing a blank, none of the properties of what I've checked so far are enough of a match, many simply aren't suitable to be fired at multiple kilometres per second through the vacuum of open space. I jus hope my expertise will be a useful at Sigma as it was at 621. And by expertise, I of course mean my sheer bloody minded luck... because we are going to need some."

Lieutenant

Re: SCI LtJG Hamlet

Postby Babette C » Wed Apr 01, 2015 4:17 pm

oh no, they got out, didn't they? James couldn't have…
CMO - Lt. Isabelle Rousseau - USS Hyperion NCC-77989
AMB - Lt. JG Rebecca Terell - USS Sentinel NCC-79088

PreviousNext

Return to U.S.S. Sentinel