CSO Lieutenant Junior Grade Hamlet

Forum for the U.S.S. Sentinel, running every Monday at 2100 EST. Talk about your missions and your crewmates here, and post your logs for everyone to read.

Moderator: James Greenman

Lieutenant
Pezzley Snipes

CSO Lieutenant Junior Grade Hamlet

Postby Andrew Rice » Thu Sep 25, 2014 12:10 am

"Well class, that is the end of the lecture, and the end of this academic year."
"Thanks Professor Hamlet." Said everyone in the room. "We look forward to seeing you when we come back." They all smiled as they began to leave.
"Actually, if you all would like to stay for a short moment, I have something to tell yous all."
"Sir?"
"I am going to be leaving you all, I'm afraid."
"What!?" The room erupted; an outroar of confusion and some anger. "Why? Are they reassigning you? Have you been fired? This is an outrage! We'll protest to the Academy board!"
"Ach, calm yeselves, no need to walk the war path. I found a position as a science office aboard the USS Sentinel, and I felt it would be good for my career and that of my wife; although she thus far does not see it that way, hence the wee dent in my swede."
"But what about us sir? What about..."
"Listen to me, ladies and gentlemen. I thought about many things before taking this job: I thought about myself and what I want, about what is best for my children, for my wife. I would be lying if I said I didn't think about yous all; over the last two years I like to think I've gotten to know you, all of you. I care about your futures, and I didnt decide to just leave without securing you someone to replace me."
A young cadet walked forward, looking at Hamlet with sad eyes. "But sir, like you said; its a replacement, its not you."
"I know politics and law aren't the most interesting or fun of subjects, but I like to think I've tried to make it both of those things. My replacement will be Professor S'ryta Kovom'la', she is an intriguing and brilliant individual; the academy gave me the responsibility of finding my replacement, and I believe whole heartedly that she is by far the best for the job; a far better scholar than I." The room went silent. "Your no' children, so, you will treat her with the same respect and admiration that you've given me. If you dont, I will be back for the soul purpose of shoving my size 15 boot so far up your arses, my foot will turn to coal. Do you understand?"
The silence was shattered by a collective "Aye sir!" from the cadets.
"Good, now, I have to go home and discuss things with my wife. If you hear of a professor being murdered in his home, that were me and yer know who dunnit. Dismissed cadets!"

---

Hamlet was ducked down behind the kitchen counter, plates were exploding against the wall in front of him and he had a look of sheer terror on his face.

"My beautiful highland blossom..." He called out from behind the counter before being cut off, by another exploding plate.
"Don't you highland blossom me." Cre'el screamed at him whilst throwing more plates. "You never consulted me when you went looking for this new job, you son of a bitch!"

He poked his head over the top of the counter, to get a tactical assessment of the situation, only to get beaned in the forehead by a precisely aimed plate. He fell back onto the floor, feeling a bit dazed and looking up at the ceiling. His youngest daughter Tarya took this opportunity to crawl passed the battlefield, behind the counter up to her father.

"Hey daddy. What did you do?" She asked sweetly.
"Oh, hello sweetheart. I dunni do anything, this is about the job I've taken."
"So you did do something. Mummy is annoyed you didnt talk to her about it, you didnt talk to us about it either, what if we dont wanna go?"
"Oh no' you aswell. I canni fight against a multi-pronged assault, unless I take you as a hostage and demand a negotiation."
"Mummy is a good shot, she'll still get you, and she doesnt negotiate with terrorists."
"Can I atleast fashion you into some kind of white flag to surrender with?"
"No daddy, bad!" She laughed. "Unless you have some kind of concession, mummy is going to be angry for a while."
"Ach. Baby girl, give me a plan of action. Bloody anything."
"Well, what are we all going to do on this new ship? Will there be other children? Does mummy have a job there?"
"Oh shit! I knew I forgot to tell her something." He said with a pained look on his eyes. "Sweetheart, we're going to revive that hostage plan, and you can tell her that I got her a position as chief surgeon."
"Your an idiot daddy."
"Aye, I know. And she is the most emotional Vulcan in the entire galaxy, who I regret convincing to get more in touch with her emotions."
"Your a double idiot then dad."
"Aye."
Last edited by Andrew Rice on Tue Jul 07, 2015 3:22 am, edited 3 times in total.
Vincit Omnia Veritas - The truth conquers all things.

TAC - LtJG. Soule Douglas - USS Hyperion NCC-77989 / S.T.A.R. ECS
ENG - Lt. Ilaihr - USS Atlantis NCC-1021-D
CSO - LtJG. Hamlet - USS Sentinel NCC-79088

Lieutenant
Pezzley Snipes

First Day

Postby Andrew Rice » Tue Sep 30, 2014 10:08 am

"You are going to be late." Said Cre'el.
"Am no'." Hamlet replied with a mouth full of toast. "I've go' plenty'a time, and I'm no' goin' nowhere; until I finish my toast, and our dearest rag 'o' muffins, GET OOT OF BED." He shouted in the general direction of the children's rooms. "Lil shites."

What followed Hamlet's call was what appeared to be the undead arisen, having clawed their way out of stone sarcophagi; the children looked somewhat unwilling to have joined the waking world, to say the least.

"Holy crap." He turned to Cre'el. "I remember our children having skin pigmentation; they look like they've risen from a mausoleum to exsanguinate us."
"Oh dad, big words, what do they mean? Why is it so bright in here?" They're son Arthus moaned and groaned.
"I told you, Strigoi!" He turned back to the children. "The power of Christ compels you, vile daemons, leave these vessels, I lift this curse." He waited for a moment as they all continued to grumble. "Well then.... you should take your mother first; her blood taste of green."
"Daddy." Tarya sat down at the breakfast table. "Shut up and bring me food, I'm dying."
"Now I definitely remember instilling you with manners young lady!"
She sat there silently for a second or two pondering to herself, before staring up at her father. "Please shut and bring me food?"

Hamlet walked off to the replicator, shaking his head and trying to come to terms with the sheer cheek of his little princess. Whilst he was doing so; Arthus and his younger brother Thomaz decided it was the perfect moment to fight to the death... over which chair was theirs. The boys pulled no punches, or kicks, or even bites; it was a bitter contest, which Arthus was blatently winning. Whilst they were fighting the opposite of the good fight; Hamlet was whistling to himself and counting backward slowly from ten, waiting for what was to come, because he wasn't going to be a casualty of war. When he reached zero, two distinct clocking sounds could be heard behind him; he smiled. As he turned around, the two boys were sat down quietly and Cre'el had an angered yet smug look on her face. The replicator had finished making bowls of cereal for the children, so he played the balancing game as he carried the five bowls on his arm to the table.

"One for you Miral and you Sames, since you girls have been good this morning. One for you Tarya, even though you're a cheeky bugger. And you boys, I suppose you want these too? Even though your mother took you down with a oner each." He placed the girls' bowls down, as both the boys vigorously nodded their heads. "I dunno if you deserve 'em. Do ye?"
"Pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaasssssssssseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee?" They both replied in their bestest most innocent voices.
"Well I suppose." He places both bowls down and takes a step back, to admire the lack of table manners all five children have.
"They could eat an Andorian Mammoth to the bledy bone in seconds." He quipped to his darling wife.
"They get it from you." She replied in quick fire.
Hamlet just stared at her with his fake hurt face, pointing at it. "I am hurt, I am traumatised, I will have you know that I am cultured"
"So are the cells in the lab."
"Agh, you are on a roll today woman. Apparently you jumped on your menstrual cycle to mow my arse doon." This joke was met with a stare from Cre'el, that looked deep into Hamlet's soul and kicked it firmly and squarely in the balls. "Ow...! Speaking of mowing my arse down.... wheres the other one?"
"We only have five children...." She vaguely giggled to herself. "Only."
"Only? I remember as Miral was being born, you grabbing me by the larynx and screaming, and I quote 'You take this bledy thing out of me now, and if you put another one in me, so help I'll rip the fookers off'"
"And I still let you put another three in me, and you still have those things attached."
"Aye. Anyway, you know what I meant, where's...." He was cut off from what he was saying by a strange howling/growling sound and the sound of galloping. "Noo, down boy, down, DOWNNN!!!" His legs were taken out and he flew through the air comically, doing a 270° verticle flip before landing flat on his back.

Hovering above him, drooling over him with the only happy face of morning, was the aptly named Mister Gallop; the family pet targ. After nearly breaking his legs and back, and drowning him in drool, he began to pant, nuzzle and lick Hamlet's face affectionately. Hamlet laid there and took it for a while, whilst reaching his hand up and stroking the back of Mister Gallop's neck.

"Good morning Mister Gallop, always nice to see you all happy and well." He wiped his face and tried to stand up. "Thats enough, ya sod." But the targ would not accept that it was over, and jumped into bis master's arms belly up. "Well at least someone will give me a kiss and a cuddle in the morning before work." He realises the time. "Shit! I have three minutes to get to the bridge." He proceeds to give the children a round of kisses, saying 'kiss' before each one.
"I told you you were going to be late."
"I know. Kiss." He lovingly kisses Cre'el, going back for seconds and thirds. "Now you take this and I'll make a runner." He unceremoniously chucks Mister Gallop into her arms, before getting one more kiss of her and him, and the then running for the turbolift. "I'll make tea when I get home, you have fun at school kids, behave! And you have fun at work, my highland blossom. Anddont break anythin' whilst we're all out Mister Gallop ya lil bugger!"

Lieutenant
Pezzley Snipes

Stardate: 11410.03

Postby Andrew Rice » Tue Oct 14, 2014 1:50 am

"Science Officer's log supplemental, Stardate: 11410.03. Lieutenant H'ret and I have finally met, and I can say he seems like a fairly agreeable chap; reminds me of a Denobulan albeit with more whiskers. We're currently working hard to locate the source of these subspatial distortions that just so happen to have occured at the times everything been getting nicked, we've had no real leads at this moment but I'm sure we'll get them. These Feinisians on the other hand; I know I've heard of 'em but I never encountered them in my days in the imperial navy. They're making threats against the Sentinel for the extradition of this Shan Aran, its a difficult position; because they are going to execute her if they get her, so she has asked for asylum. Theres alot of trouble that can come from this and I'd like to ask the captain permission to don my legal cap; I think she needs legal counsel and I have JAG training and I passed the bar; but the captain dunni know me, I dont wanna inconvenience him or nowt. We'll have to see how things pan oot, maybe play it by ear."

Lieutenant
Pezzley Snipes

Stardate: 11410.20

Postby Andrew Rice » Mon Oct 27, 2014 6:41 am

The hour was late. Very late in fact. Hamlet had missed dinner, forgotten to take Mr. Gallop for a walk, and hadn't read the younguns a bedtime story. Instead he had been out drinking on the station, with Ilus and Marsland.

He snuck into his quarters on tip toes, displaying a surprising amount of grace for a fairly drunk, 6'10, 280lbs Klingon. Although the alcohol eventually told him to do something very stupid: pretend he was a secret agent. He began to roll and jump over imaginary laser trip wires and pressure pads, made all the worse by him humming the mission impossible music. Somehow no one had heard him yet; so in perfect form, he got cocky.

He stood on the glass table; barely able to hold his weight, it creaked. He jumped for his bedroom, realising all too late that the doors open automatically. He fell through the door, flat on his belly with an almighty bang. Everyone woke up to that. Before long he was accosted by Mr. Gallop, which would have been fine on its own, had Cre'el not followed shortly behind.

She was understandably not very happy with Hamlet's shenanigans, and proceeded to swiftly beat him like a drum, whilst giving him the kind of dressing down you would expect an admiral to give to a disobedient first year cadet. Hamlet picked himself up off the floor, laughing in hysterics at his idiocy, before wrapping his arm around Cre'el's waist and hoofing her into the air. He performed his ritualistic 'I'm Sorry' dance, before planting a kiss on her cheek and carrying her to bed to apologise.

Lieutenant
Pezzley Snipes

Finders Keepers

Postby Andrew Rice » Fri Oct 31, 2014 4:30 am

"Yoo'll nehver tahke mee alive yah bastards!!!" Hamlet screamed, as he fired his weapon from behind a wall. Drunk and disoriented, he wasn't hitting much else other than another wall, but it was keeping those perusing him at bay.

"Captain? What the hell is this guy's problem? Shouted one of Hamlet's attackers, whilst himself crouched down behind a wall. "And what the fuck is he firing at us?"

Showing a complete lack of fear, the captain stood calmly, with his eyes closed, listening to the weapons fire, as his four personnel returned fire.

"From the sounds of it; I'd wager, a Breen disruptor."
"How did he get hold of a Breen disruptor?" Asked another officer.
"I would hazard a guess; from the Breen."
"Funny, sir." Replied yet another.
"Why thank you Dan'el, I've always thought so."

The wall they were all covering behind was starting to crumble, as the Klingon continued to fire at them. The assailants beginning to worry at the state of it, the captain however was still quite calm.

"Seriously...what is his problem?" Dan'el inquired with increasing urgency.
The captain took a deep breath before replying. "He's scared."
"Scared? He's in a beserker rage and extremely drunk... and he's a Klingon. They don't feel fear."
The captain finally opened his eyes to address his officer's ignorance, staring at the young man. "Of course they feel fear; they are merely trained to suppress the expression of it."
"Then why is he shooting at us?"
"He thinks we're someone else."
"So whats the plan then boss? Are we just going to sit here until the wall disintegrates? Wait for the power cell on that disruptor to run out? Or are we going to wait until he passes out from the brewery he drank before we got here?"
The captain sighed at his men's impatience, before realising that they're right. "I suppose we'll have to be proactive. Dan'el, you and Jingo flank him. Don't fire until I give the word. Adam, you keep the suppressing fire up."
"Aye sir." They replied, and followed the their captains orders.
"What about me sir?" Asked the fourth officer.
"Do you have that bottle of Romulan ale on you, Kedra?"
"Uhm... yes? Why?"
"Well, pass it here, and then you too keep up the suppressing fire."

Kedra passed his captain the bottle of ale he was keeping in his backpack, before turning and joining Adam in firing at Hamlet's position. The captain opened the bottle, took a small sip of it, then proceeded to walk out of cover towards Hamlet; much to the dismay of Adam and Kedra.

"Sogh Hamlet. You need to stop this." He asked the Klingon surprisingly politely.
"Yoo go to fookin' Gre'thor. And tell Fek'Ihr, he can suck my plums!" Hamlet shouted back.
"I dont know who you think we are, or why we're here but...." The captain's sentence was cut off as Hamlet stood up and took a pot shot at his head; the disruptor bolt narrowly missing him as he simply tilted his head.

Adam and Kedra quickly began to fire their weapons at Hamlet's feet to force him back behind cover; the captain taking a deep breath and nodding at his officers in gratitude. Further down he street, Dan'el and Jingo had gotten into position, waiting for the captain's order to engage.

"Yoo know who yoo are!" Hamlet continued to shout. "Come to tahke me back to the Empire for desertion... DESERTION! Because they instigated an unwarranted war with the Federation! So dont you call me Sogh, because I'm no' an officer anymore. And I wont go; just to be executed like a dawg!"
"I understand what you did Mr. Hamlet, but I assure you that that is not why we're here." He replied sincerely, as he got within a few feet of Hamlet's position. Dan'el and Jingo nodded at each other.
"I WONT GO BACK!!!"

Hamlet rushed out of cover again, raising his weapon at the captain's chest; being only just beyond arms reach, this time he wouldnt miss. Suddenly Jingo and Dan'el fired one shot each at Hamlet; one at his firing arm, the other at his leg. Hamlet dropped his disruptor and fell to the ground in pain.

"Jus' get it over with. Jus' kill me here, no point in being dragged to Qo'noS." He said as he rolled over to look the captain in the eye.
"I told you Mr. Hamlet. Thats not why we're here." He replied as he knelt down, taking another sip of the ale before passing the Klingon the bottle.
"Then whoo the hell are yoo?" He said demandingly as he snatched the bottle, and began to swig it.
"My name is Captain Ilaihr of Andor. I was sent here by your mother."
"My mother?"
"Yes." He began to speak softly. "I had hoped for better circumstances to tell you this; perhaps avoid a running firefight through the town..." Ilaihr joked, before looking into the Klingon's eyes seriously. "Your father is dying. We're here to take you home."

Lieutenant
Pezzley Snipes

Joint Log: SCI Ensign Hamlet & TAC Cadet Rilu Ilus

Postby Andrew Rice » Tue Nov 11, 2014 2:59 am

Whos Afraid Of The Big Bad Bird?

Whilst still clasping the gouge in his chest; Hamlet proceeded to remove his mek'leth to combat the giant terror bird, in conjunction with Rilu. He looked at the young man and smiled. "I'm very much glad you're alive again lad, you had me worried that this time you weren't gonna get up." He removed is hand from his wound and adopted a defensive stance. "So, do you want the good news or the bad news first?"

Rilu smiled, "I'm always a good news first man." Rilu lifted his two small knives, preparing for battle. The trees shook with the flap of the creatures wings as it approached.

"Well; the good news is the blood and vomit you coughed up on my uniform, is no longer there; which is something I havent experienced since my children were wee babees." He chuckled despite the seriousness of their current situation. "The bad news of course is that we appear to be in some kind of game, where we're destined to die repeatedly until the stress and trauma of it warps and melts our fookin minds; or our wonderful and cowardly host gets bored and disposes of us."

"If this Is some sort of simulation or game, there has to be a way we can get out" He said as he flipped the knives in his hand. He continued to scan the the thick surrounding forest that seemed to only grow more agitated as the giant creature let out a screech. "He seems to be angry!"

"Aye, I may have pissed him off a wee bit." He too began to scan the forest with his eyes, feeling the wind breeze through his hair, sensing the smells as they carried through the air. "And if someone is controlling every facet of this simulation from the outside, then there is no way we can get out from the inside. Saying that, I have an idea of how we can try." Hamlet then ran off into the forest, darting between the trees and goading the bird. "I'll tell you after we kill this fookin' thing!"

With a start, Rilu jumped to action staying one step behind the old Klingon. "You aim to kill it do you?" His breath short, "these all seem like trials to me-!" Rilu ducked under a fallen branch that half covered the path and jumped over another that lay directly ahead. "If it starts over when we die, then... "He paused for a moment. "It must end when we survive! By the Prophets Hamlet you're a genius!"

"Aye, I know. Its my most redeeming quality." He replied as he searched for a position of advantage. "As for killing it; my plan requires it to dead, primarily because if we dont kill it, it will kill us." He ducked behind a tree as the beast tried to swoop in. "That were close." He panted in relief. "Anyways, if it really is a trial, theres only two factions I can think of who would come up with something so elaborate: Section 31, who are fairly dickish and this is a good modus operandi for them; or with our proximity to the neutral zone, it could be the Romulans. I canni think why either would bother however; the answer to that question will have to wait."

Shock came across Rilu's face. "The Romulans?! What reason would they have to do this?" As he spoke a large tree in front of them came crashing down. "Watch out!" Rilu shouted. They both darted to the left just barely evading the now splintered mess.

This time, the beast was not to be avoided; it was there, within ten feet of them, trying to decide which one was the starter course.... Hamlet made the decision for it. "Fook this, I am tired of running, in fact I'm just bledy tired!" He screamed at the creature as he threw his mek'leth at it, the blade flying true into it's shoulder. The creature screeched a mighty screech into the forest as it forcefully landed; unable to take off again, it set Hamlet in it's sights and charged. "Oh shit." He took of so quickly to out run the creature he was almost cartoonishly horizontal. "Rilu! KILL IT! Whilst its after me!"

Rilu stepped back and put the small knife in between his teeth, and with a leap he latched onto the giant creature. Heaving his way up it's body he grabbed hold of the ridges of the Creature's back. "I almost got him" he shouted. Rilu wrapped his legs around the breadth of the Creature's throat and he let the small knife drop from his mouth and into his open right hand. He raised it high above his head and with all his force jammed the knife down into the neck. The Creature let out a screech and flung Rilu from his back.

Rilu was catapulted into Hamlet; who vaguely caught him as they fell back into a heap. They picked themselves up quickly, adopting defensive stances. The creature staggered around for several feet whilst screeching, steadily becoming quieter, each movement more laboured, eventually collapsing to the floor, struggling to breathe. Hamlet approached it slowly matching his breathing with the creature. "I know you're not real, but I feel it." It tried to wrestle it's head up to attack the approaching Klingon, but was too weak with the massive blood loss. "Shhhhhh, may your spirit rest." He placed his hand over it's eyes as removed the mek'leth from it's shoulder and thrust it into it's heart. It released one last screech, before it finally succumbed to it's demise. Hamlet laid down beside the bird and took a deep sigh of relief, and looked up a Rilu and smiled. "Good job lad."

Rilu smiled and let out a sigh. "Just wait till the crew hears about this!" He then took his knife and wiped it on the sleeve of his uniform and stuffed it down into his boot.

Lieutenant
Pezzley Snipes

Stardate: 11411.17

Postby Andrew Rice » Sat Nov 22, 2014 5:36 am

Hamlet laughed in hysterics at the hulking monster, even as it hit him across the arena. He found the whole situation funny; he had been goading the unseen figure to show himself, constantly refering to him/her/it as coward and now before him and Rilu a monster of epic proportions. In his eyes he believed the monster may be some kind of representation of the Guardian of Gre'thor; Fek'Ihr, their foe trying to terrify the Klingon and Bajoran with the Klingon version of the Devil. This was all Hamlet needed; although he didn't know what species the assailant could be of, he had the final piece of the puzzle he could give a preliminary profile with; he was almost certain he knew the kind of person the assailant was.

He suddenly felt a shooting pain in his chest, his left side starting to go numb. He was having heart attack. This felt different to the deaths he had previously experienced; it didnt feel like it was coming from the simulation, something must be going on in the real world. He clasped his chest tight with the pain. He noticed he was visably fading away, becoming slowly transparent.

He woke up to York straddling him and calling him a 'smelly Kingon oaf', responding in kind by grasping the back of the doctor's head and pulling him in close. The doctor finally got off him, and the first brief conversation with him did not go well; York responding to his recommendation of going back in with a disrespectful tone. Hamlet knew this was going to be the start of an unpleasant and definitely unwanted relationship, and at a time when every wasted second was crucial. Hamlet is going back into the simulation; he will not just leave Rilu to die alone in there. He will give his profile and situational report on everything he's seen, and then he will go back in whether York authorises it or not.

Lieutenant
Pezzley Snipes

Stardate: 11411.24

Postby Andrew Rice » Fri Nov 28, 2014 8:00 am

Hamlet snuck of his quarters late into the night, making sure not to wake the targ, the children and most importantly; the wife. The heartfelt reunion with his family had left him thinking. Cre'el had been worried about him having heard his thoughts and his deepest feelings when he was trapped in that simulation; using his bond to cry out to her when he was in danger. He walked the corridors alone, he didnt want Cre'el to see him like this; even though she already knew. A wife always knows.

Hamlet had done his time in combat during his youth, now he was an older man he prided himself on his aversion to fighting. He had ironically fought hard to cast off the stereotype that his race brought him; he was a man of science and logic. He deeply believed in his father's ideals; that the Klingon species had lost so much of themselves in their devotion to combat and honour, that they had forgotten the Golden Age when Klingons pursued the sciences, art, music and literature. His experience in the simulation reminded him of what he was, despite the fact they weren't real, he still killed with savage Klingon brutality in a frenzy; the injuries he sustained from his ordeal caused him less hurt than that fact.

He came to the science lab door, where one of the pods was being kept for study, pausing before he entered as memories of Rilu's limp and lifeless body in his arms came to him in flashes. He was reminded of the one redeeming feature of modern Klingon culture; the bonds of family. Family is the most important thing; and a starship is an extended family. He took some comfort in that his need to see his family again and to stand by Rilu's side was what spurred him to fight, in knowing just what he stood for. What disturbed him was what Sosheth stood for.

He finally entered the lab and was met by a lone cadet, keeping an eye on the pod and running some tests. The young Bolian didn't hear Hamlet enter; becoming quite startled as he saw the Klingon when he turned around to grab something, before realising who it was.

"Sir, you made me jump out of my skin." He gasped as he looked up at Hamlet.
"I apologise cadet, I didn't mean to startle you." He replied in candour.
"What are you even doing here sir?" He asked concernedly. "You're injured Mr. Hamlet, you need your rest... to recuperate."
"I'm fine lad, I need some time alone. So why don't you get outta here, I'll pick up the remainder of yer shift."
"I cant do that!" The cadet protested. "You shouldn't be working sir!"
"Cadet... I have offered to let you clock off your duty shift two hours early, why are you arguing?"
"Its just improper sir, what if you hurt yourself or...or...we go to battle stations and I'm not at my post and..."
Hamlet rested his hand on the Bolian's shoulder gently, and looked him in the eye. "I'll be fine. I'm a grown man who can take care of himself. Go get sumin' to eat and have a kip, fresh for your duty shift tomorrow. Don't you worry about me." They stood off briefly, the cadet not quite sure what to do. Hamlet nodded to the door. "Go on, I'll take care of the lab."

Not wanting to disobey what seemed like an order, the cadet smiled nervously and quickly left the room, feeling slightly nauseous in the corridor at the encounter. Hamlet was left alone in the lab, staring at the pod as it sat there empty. He walked over and opened it, before crawling inside and just laying there looking up at the ceiling and thinking aloud.

"I read the pertinent files on you Doctor Sosheth; what you went through, who you lost, the genius of this technology. I understand the importance of family, the duty of a husband and father to protect them, or to make their loss mean somethin'." He raised his hands to his face, clasped together with his index fingers pointing up in pensive and meditative fashion. "I commend what you were able to accomplish, but as a scientist and a man of honour, I cannot condone what you did... the lives you sacrificed for your own cause; yer selfish need to overcome death masqueraded by the pain of losing your family, so you felt the need to deprive someone else's family of a father or son or daughter or wife...158 people...this technology could help millions of people one day to circumvent death... The cost was too high Doctor Sosheth, yer sacrificed yer principles and bathed your legacy in blood, and in the end for what? Because I'll make damn sure this technology never sees the light of day, the consequences of its inevitable abuse... no one should have the power to control death like this... no one, not even the Federation."

Site Admin
That would be unwise

Character Name: Rhodri "Griff" Griffiths

Re: SCI Ens Hamlet

Postby James Greenman » Fri Nov 28, 2014 3:18 pm

That was a surprisingly touching log, Andrew. Nicely done!
Star Trek: Engage Game Manager

Game Director -Sigma Rho Station & U.S.S. Sentinel

Lieutenant
Pezzley Snipes

Re: SCI Ens Hamlet

Postby Andrew Rice » Fri Nov 28, 2014 4:17 pm

Hamlet is like my beared Robin Williams.

Next

Return to U.S.S. Sentinel