CO Captain Claire Stradiot

Forum for the U.S.S. Sentinel, running every Monday at 2100 EST. Talk about your missions and your crewmates here, and post your logs for everyone to read.

Moderator: James Greenman

Ensign

Re: CO Captain Claire Stradiot

Postby Andy Cotterly » Mon May 04, 2015 6:13 pm

Captain's Log
Stardate - 11504.27

Open Duty Log...

The Captain is currently in sickbay, unconscious and is unable to compose a duty log.

End Duty Log...

Claire looked around and saw a sight she never thought she'd see again. She saw Talora standing against a wall, looking at her as if she'd been waiting for a long time for her to show up. Claire looked down at herself and realized she looked like her 14 year old self again. She ran over to Talora and the two of them embraced in a hug.

"Oh my god it's been so long!" Claire exclaimed with joy.

"I know...You've been busy. Captain now, huh? You really know how to get ahead, don't you. Makes me wonder if you've forgotten about me." Talora said softly.

"You know I could never forget you! Especially after what you did for me...Wait...how are you even here?"

"You're unconscious, Claire..." Talora got up from the wall and gestured around her, "Recognize this place?"

Claire looked around again and noticed that the whole scene had changed. She saw flying debris and two unconscious figured laying on the ground. Getting slightly closer, she realized it was the two of them, right after the explosion. "Why? Why do I have to see this again? I see it enough in my memories and nightmares, but you have to show it to me again?" Claire started to cry.

"Claire-y, you know I'm not really here...but since it's as close to me as I'm going to get, I might as well talk to you. I did what I did because I care about you. You've been carrying this burden around with you for years. 14 years in fact. It's literally half of a life ago. I can't say forget about it, nor do I want you to...I want to come back and I want to wake up. I want to be with you again. Travel the stars with you! You need to stop blaming yourself though. You know perfectly well that the explosion wasn't you fault. You didn't even know what I was capable of when I saved you. Maybe one day I'll come back, and if I ever wake up, you know I'll be asking about you. Stay strong, Claire. But there's one other thing I wanted to talk to you about..." She turns and gestures for the girl that was hiding behind her to come around.

"Who's that? I didn't even see her there."

When the light illuminated her face, what could be a copy of Claire stood in front of her, "Hey sis...nice of you to remember me."

Claire stood there shocked, "There's been a war on, I haven't had a chance to even say hi to you yet...I-I'm not sure what to say. We never grew up together so I barely know you and now you're on my ship...I'm not sure what to do. I always wanted a sister, but now that I know I have one, and a twin at that, I'm not sure what to do..."

Her twin looked down at the ground, "I know you've been busy, you're actually kind of scary being a Captain and all...but please try to see me. I always wanted a sister too you know!"

Everything started to fade away into darkness until just the three of them were left. Claire's sister faded away, and Talora looked into Claire's eyes one more time, "You're going to have the nightmare again...just stay strong, okay? For me?"

Talora faded away and Claire looked around again as her nightmare started all over again.

Site Admin
That would be unwise

Character Name: Rhodri "Griff" Griffiths

Postby James Greenman » Mon May 04, 2015 6:22 pm

That was a fantastic log! I'm looking forward to the two meeting, it should make for a tearful reunion. :glomp:
Star Trek: Engage Game Manager

Game Director -Sigma Rho Station & U.S.S. Sentinel

Ensign

Postby Andy Cotterly » Sun May 17, 2015 8:28 pm

Captain's Log
Stardate - 11505.11

Open Log...

We're currently outside Helsapont nebula and we've discovered that there are ships within it unable to get out. Our next task will be to attempt to extract them without getting ourselves trapped in the process. Science was not my strong suit at the academy and so I'm relying on my crew to work through this problem. I just hope I'll be able to make the right decisions.

Close Log...

Ensign

Postby Andy Cotterly » Mon Jun 15, 2015 9:43 pm

Captain's Log
Stardate 11506.08

Open Log....

We're currently being pushed back by the Tzenkethi. War is never easy and our ship has been thrown right into the middle of one. I miss the old days of exploration missions. I do miss the old days of having the simple task of healing the sick and injured...I'm very impressed with my crew. They've handled themselves for the most part with the dedication and hard work that I've come to expect from them. They haven't let me down yet. Some of them are a little eccentric and it makes it a little difficult to work with them, but it's my cross to bear. I'm looking forward to the end of the war...It's been too long already.

Close Log....

Ensign

Postby Andy Cotterly » Mon Jul 06, 2015 10:01 pm

Captain Claire Stradiot
Stardate - 11506.29

Open Log...

It's over. At least for us, for now. The moment I gave that order to put us between the dreadnaught and the Atlantis I have to say I was terrified...

::Door chime::

...Pause log.

Claire sat back in her chair in her quarters and said, "Enter."

The doors opened and a woman stepped in. Claire looked up at the newcomer and froze in place. Seeing her twin stand in front of her for the first time. Standing up from her chair she walked over to her as the doors closed behind her, "....Rhapsody?" she said in a stunned whisper.

"Hi Claire..." Rhapsody said with her hands clasped in front of her, watching Claire's reaction, "It's nice to finally meet you...again." She attempted a smile but felt tears start to well up in her eyes.

Claire stood taken aback from the emotional version of herself standing before her, "Oh now don't cry. Everything will be alright. We're together now." She took a step forward and awkwardly gave Rhapsody a hug, "It's good to meet you. We have a lot to talk about. We're going to have a lot of shore leave time and I'll have some time for us to sit down and get to know each other, okay?"

Rhapsody nodded quietly and returned the hug, "This was my first assignment and I was terrified all through it. Is this what your job is like all the time?"

Claire nodded solemnly, "There are some good moments, but it's never easy..." She pauses and looks back at Rhapsody, "What department were you in?"

Rhapsody took a deep breath and controlled her voice before saying with pride, "Medical."

Claire couldn't help but smile, "We'll get along just fine."

Ensign

Postby Andy Cotterly » Mon Nov 23, 2015 6:20 am

Captain Claire Stradiot
Stardate 11511.16

Open Log...

We're back in the Beta Quadrant. We've had a couple of run-ins with the locals but nothing we can't handle...However, we seem to have gotten ourselves in a bit of a mess now. The T'kon race were supposedly extinct and we were looking for answers as to what happened to them. In our search we found ruins of a civilization. Standard protocol followed. We sent a team down and kept watch from orbit. The storms made watching impossible, but I knew there were snippits of chat on the Comm that we were able to get through....Then came the guardians. They claimed we were trespassing on sacred ground and wouldn't give any answers. They seemed to have a stronger ship than us so we acknowledged their request to leave, but it was very tough getting the message to our team. We were given 10 minutes to leave....

I had no choice. I worked with what I could. I had no choice but to disable their ship. Either that or leave my crew behind. I stand by my actions all the way. We're not as roughed up as they are thanks to some risky moves by Marcus and our guest crewmember. We're at a standstill at the moment. Our away team has finally returned but not without injuries...I'm not sure what to do. We can run from here, or we can stay to try and salvage some diplomacy out of this and maybe answers as well....I'll have to confer with my crew on this.

Close Log...

Claire looked around her ready room, shocked that nothing was really damaged from the fire fight. Standing, she walked over to her replicator and ordered, "Whiskey, Terran Blue." With a few beeps, her glass was in front of her. Picking it up and taking a sip, she paced around the room.

"Sometimes I wonder if I was cut out for this." Claire spoke softly as she took another sip. Stepping to the window, she looked out at the guardian ship dead in the water, "I know what it's like to try and protect something to have it challenged. To have something taken away. You'd do anything for it..." She downed the rest of her drink and sighed softly.

Site Admin
That would be unwise

Character Name: Rhodri "Griff" Griffiths

Postby James Greenman » Mon Nov 23, 2015 7:32 am

That was a fantastic summary and a really great insight into Claire's thoughts on the whole situation, loved it! I can't wait to see what you all decide tomorrow!
Star Trek: Engage Game Manager

Game Director -Sigma Rho Station & U.S.S. Sentinel

Ensign

Postby Andy Cotterly » Mon Feb 29, 2016 8:25 pm

Joint XO/CO log
Stardate 11602.29

Vikram did not, of course, think he acted rashly. And gaining the concern or ire of the bridge crew did not mean much. He reminded the captain of the situation they were in, the special permission given, and thought his suggested course of action was the most beneficial over the short and long term.

But at the end of the day, she was the captain, and he deferred to her orders. He just hoped they weren't making a mistake that would bite them all in the ass down the line.

Vikram stepped into the ready room looking prim and proper as ever, not sure what to expect but with as clear a conscience as someone like him could have. "Ma'am," he greeted with an inclination of his head.

Claire looked up from her desk and made a motion to wait a moment. Looking back at her screen she said, "We'll speak on this later...I need to think over some things before giving you a firm answer."

Closing whatever she was doing, she looked up at Vikram again, "Ahh, thank you Commander for coming to see me on such short notice. Please have a seat." She motions to a chair across from her desk, "Something to drink?"

Curious, but even an XO doesn't need to know everything that a captain gets involved in, and he didn't ask. "Nothing for me, thank you."

He seated himself across from her, even doing the next best thing to relaxing into it. "I am not interrupting, am I? I could always come back later."

Claire waved it off, "Not interrupting, no. Might be something I'll ask your opinion on later, but we'll see. It's a personal matter." She gets herself a drink from the replicator and sits back down again, "I did want to ask you a question though. You seemed...I hesitate to use the word eager, but a better word isn't coming to me, eager to kill Walsh when we were discussing options on the bridge. I welcome your opinion, naturally. I have no qualms about you bringing your opinion up on the bridge. I'm merely trying to understand your thought process a little better." She take a sip before continuing, "I used to be a doctor before going though the command ladder, did you know? Sometimes old habits of trying to keep everyone alive comes back stronger than ever." She shakes her head slightly, "Anyway, feel free to speak your mind here."

He had no doubts this was going to be the topic of conversation. Vikram was merely glad that she was so understanding about the whole ordeal. She could have reacted just as offended as any of the others, but she respectfully made her choice and even now was respectful of it. Just curious. He steepled his fingers and gave it consideration before answering.

"Ma'am, if I seemed eager, it was merely eagerness at the idea of getting rid of a potentially disastrous threat than at the idea of ending a distinguished officer's life. I fully appreciate the intent of bringing everyone back in one well alive piece, but sometimes it simply is not possible." He nodded in acquiescence. "And this is a time when it is fully possible. But the doctor's findings are alarming. The extent of damage to his brain, that it must have been caused over an extended period of time, with Romulans involved, with the question of if he can recover, as well as his irrational and dangerous behaviour... We do not know for how long he has been monitored, and we do not know how long he will continue to be monitored. How much has been compromised. Will continue to be compromised. He is also a man trapped in his own mind. Even if recovery is possible, it will be a very long process." With all that laid out, he spread his hands. "Had the Admiralty not given us specific permission, I may not have brought it up at all. I felt it was an option to at least keep in mind under the circumstances."

She took another sip of her drink and allowed him to fully speak his mind, "Thank you for your answer. I do understand at least a little better. I did also feel like I should at least explain something. I feel like killing should be a last resort when all else fails. Much the same way war is after all negotiations and diplomacy fails. The chances of recovery are slim to none, and in a way I feel like it would be better to put him out of his misery than force him to suffer through fighting his own mind. My thoughts were that there was possibly information still to be gleaned from what's left of his mind. This incident has put the Romulan front at a very steep tipping point...Which brings me to my next question. We just ended a war with the T'zenkethi. Can we really be expected to fight the Romulans? Where do you see this going from here?" Claire leans back with a worried look on her face.

A fair point, the idea of gaining their own intel. It really depended on how to extract it, which depended on his condition. If worse came to worse, a telepath could be used... But that would be a bridge to cross when they got there. As for the captain's questions, Vikram's frown only deepened.

"The Romulans are not the formidable force they once were. They are fractured and their numbers fewer. But their accusations are serious. If we are using stolen Romulan technology, it would be an explanation as to why Starfleet needs this ship back so badly, why they are willing to let go of a respected and decorated captain. While I would like to know the details of her ins and outs as much as Mister Hamlet, we all know this ship is both mysterious and dangerous. In Romulan hands and in ours. While we are right in not allowing them to have the vessel, are we truly right in bringing it back instead of planting an explosive and warping the hell out?" He shook his head, the answers eluding him. "And depending on the true origins, if we ask clarification on stolen technology, we will be lied to or stonewalled." At best. It may well be that when they drop off Walsh, he'll be taken care of in some way that will look good and plausible on records.

Damn, and he'd gotten out of the 31 business because he was tired of the cloak and dagger. "As to where this goes, that depends on what we are to use this new ship for, and how determined the Romulans are to try and take it from us. As usual, neither side is without acts of aggression."

"If it was stolen, they had to have seen this possibility coming. They weren't sure why Walsh acted in the way that he did, but now we know he was an undercover agent. Quite a clever one given his record in the service of the Federation." Claire shook her head, "It's a shame really. I feel like we did all that we could to prevent escalation. Heck, I even offered to return Walsh to them which in hindsight was probably better we didn't end up getting that chance."

Claire looked out the window into empty space, "Something is coming out of all this. The T'zenkethi, the Quorum, now the Romulans. Sometimes I wonder if the problem is us?"

"The Federation has always had the very human problem of expanding beyond our reach. Sometimes it works out, and sometimes it backfires dramatically in our faces. Was traveling into the Beta Quadrant a mistake, something we are not ready for? Perhaps. Could the T'zenkethi problem have been solved through other means? Only something for the historians to speculate on." Vikram gave an elaborate shrug. "If you think it is the universe ganging up on us, then I should remind you that the universe does not play on a law of karma or of averages."

She can't help but smile at that, "I suppose so. Anyways, thank you Commander. Was there anything you'd like to ask me about? Anything you'd like to bring up?"

What he could say was that she was certainly nothing like any of his previous captains. He could say that she seemed at times too young, too optimistic, too--happy, almost. But she had patience and forethought that others certainly lacked. "For the record," he eventually said, rising, "I still think your decision about our spy captain will cause more trouble than it is worth. But I certainly hope I am wrong. No, ma'am, I believe we have cleared the air as we have needed to, and I would like to make sure that Mister Gist has not gained the ire of our doctor again."

Nodding she replied, "Of course. No offense, but I hope you're wrong as well. Thank you for coming to see me."

Lieutenant

Postby Vanessa Brinkman » Mon Feb 29, 2016 8:27 pm

Ire has not been gained yet, but that may change. mwahahahaha.
SCI Lt. T'Lira, USS Atlantis
CMO Lt. Sarissa t'Kaveth, USS Sentinel
CTO Lt. Noemi Idaris, Sigma Rho

Lieutenant
Pezzley Snipes

Postby Andrew Rice » Mon Feb 29, 2016 8:45 pm

Asking the important questions... is there something with the Federation?
Vincit Omnia Veritas - The truth conquers all things.

TAC - LtJG. Soule Douglas - USS Hyperion NCC-77989 / S.T.A.R. ECS
ENG - Lt. Ilaihr - USS Atlantis NCC-1021-D
CSO - LtJG. Hamlet - USS Sentinel NCC-79088

PreviousNext

Return to U.S.S. Sentinel