CO Captain Claire Stradiot

Forum for the U.S.S. Sentinel, running every Monday at 2100 EST. Talk about your missions and your crewmates here, and post your logs for everyone to read.

Moderator: James Greenman

Ensign

CO Captain Claire Stradiot

Postby Andy Cotterly » Tue Aug 19, 2014 12:36 am

Executive Officer
LtCmdr Claire Stradiot
Stardate - 11408.11

Open Log...

I've lost crew before...I used to be a doctor. Death doesn't bother me as much as it used to. It's not pretty, but once you get used to it, it's hardly scary. You become detached and it's the only way you can keep going. But the way this was done....It shocked me...It's not that I wasn't expecting an ambush, but from one of the creatures I hate the most: spiders. Talora used to tease me all the time about my issue with spiders. She was never afraid. It's just one more thing she was better at than me...::Sighs:: I have to keep going though. For her, for my crew, and for anyone still alive on this station.

Close Log...

Ensign

Re: XO LtCmdr Claire Stradiot

Postby Andy Cotterly » Fri Aug 29, 2014 6:50 am

Executive Officer
Claire Stradiot
Stardate - 11408.25

Open log...

Log Paused...

Claire sat back in her chair in her quarters and shook her head slightly. Talking to herself she said, "This mission has changed quite a bit of things on this ship. The insulting man I met on the Station of the Arachnids is now our doctor." She took a moment to take a breath, "These spiders....I'm going to have nightmares about them for quite a while..."

[Flashback]

"Ha ha!" Talora said teasingly in a sing-song voice, "Claire-y's scared of spiders!"

A 12 year old Claire Stradiot cowered in the corner, trying to keep away from the spider dangling from its own web that Talora was tauntingly holding in front of her cried out, "Tally! Be nice! It's not funny!"

Talora looked down at her for a moment and sighed softly and threw the spider away before sitting down next to Claire, "I'm sorry, Clarie-y..."

"That wasn't funny...."

"I know...I'm sorry." Talora let her head hang down in shame before snapping it up again, "I have an idea! We'll work together to get you un-afraid!" She scrambles up to her feet and holds her hand out to the crying girl.

Clarie thought it over for a moment before nodding slowly and gave Talora her hand. As she stood, she lost her grip on her friend and stumbled back against the wall of the cabin they had been sitting under. To Talora's surprise and Claire's terror, a nest of spiders fell down from the ceiling and landed right on Claire's head. The nest exploded and dozens of spiders began scurrying all over Claire's body. Claire screamed in horror and ran off towards the river and threw herself into it.

Talora dashed to the riverside to find her friend and as soon as Claire came back up for air, she grabbed her and dragged her back onto the shore, looking for any spiders clinging onto life, "This might take longer than I thought."

Shivering and scared out of her wits, she shook her head violently, "No Tally....Never....Never spiders. Don't even try or we can't be friends anymore. I can't do this." Claire managed to spit the words out before she broke down into tears again....

[End Flashback]

Claire shivered from the memory and even though she had found a way to cope with her fears, she didn't expect to find spiders bigger than a person able to cut a persons head off. "I can't do this now...I might have to see the counselor if I can't get a grip..." She sighed and closed out her log, "I'll finish this later....I need a drink."

End....

Commander

Postby Einar S » Fri Aug 29, 2014 10:52 am

Horrifying log...I hate spiders!

But York is not your Doctor, not yet. He just transported over. Buy a guy a drink first.
Captain Jonathan Rome
Commanding Officer
USS Hyperion

Ensign

Postby Andy Cotterly » Sat Aug 30, 2014 8:51 am

lol, Alrighty fair enough. My bad. Stardate's can be varied i suppose :) anywho, Claire would love to buy you a drink.

Site Admin
That would be unwise

Character Name: Rhodri "Griff" Griffiths

Postby James Greenman » Sat Aug 30, 2014 12:23 pm

That was a great log, Andy! I'm really loving the insights into everyone's characters during this Arc :)
Star Trek: Engage Game Manager

Game Director -Sigma Rho Station & U.S.S. Sentinel

Ensign

Postby Andy Cotterly » Tue Nov 04, 2014 5:58 am

XO Stradiot
Log Supplemental

Open log...

I...I received a message recently. I'm not really sure what to make of it. There's a Stradiot that's joining our crew here on the Sentinel. First of all, I can't say it's a very common name, so there must me some relation. What troubles me is the results of my database search for her...

She's 28 years old. She has the same birth-date as me. She shares my last name and she's Vulcan and human....Oh my god, I have a twin sister....

I never had much of family. I had my parents, sure, but I was raised alone. I had no siblings and the only friend I had for the longest time was Talora who is no longer with us.

((Flashback))

"I'm sick of that stupid teacher!" A 14 year old Claire shouts to Talora as they walk home together.

"I know Claire-y, but cheer up! It's your birthday!" Talora says lightheartedly as she practically bounces next to her.

Claire merely shrugs, "I'm 14 now, so what? Everyone expects me to be this brilliant scientist or something just because I have these." She gestures to her Vulcan ears, "I'm not a Vulcan...I'm only tainted with it."

"Now that's not very nice. It makes you sound sick and diseased."

"Maybe I am..."

"Oh knock it off." Talora said with a huff, "If you continue to be so moody I will walk away right now." She put her hands on her hips and waited for a response.

"I'm sorry Tally." Claire said as she looked at the factory that they passed every day.

"That's better. Now we gotta think about your birthday! There's going to be a party of course, and we've got to invite everyone we know..." Talora trails off, "Are you even listening to me?"

"Do you hear that?" Claire asks, suddenly concerned.

Talora and Claire stood listening and from the factory, they could hear alarms and sirens coming from within. Both girls looked at each other and started running, trying to get away from the factory as soon as they could. As they ran a deafening roar came from behind them and within seconds, dust and debris caught up with the two girls, and the shockwave of the explosion knocked the two of them down.

Coughing, they both tried to find each other in the rubble. Claire collapsed on the ground and Talora quickly found where she fell.

"Are you alright?" Talora said with a straight face, all traces of her jovial attitude long gone.

Claire tried to say that she was alright, but in response she could only scream in pain. Talora waved the dust away from her eyes and saw that in Claire's right arm, a long, blade-like piece of metal was buried deep. Thinking quickly, she braced herself and told Claire that it was going to be okay before taking it out in one quick movement. Claire fainted from the pain and Talora looked over the wound, knowing that it would take too long for medical services to get to her in time before she died of blood loss. She sighed and placed her hands over the wound and slowly, the wound began to disappear. Within moments, the whole wound was gone except for a thin scar which remained behind as a testament to the injury.

Talora knew she only had a couple of minutes and so she moved to the nearest wall to wait, "I love you, Claire. Always remember that." At that moment, the wound that was on Claire opened up on Talora. She fought through the pain for as long as she could before passing out.

((End Flashback))

The rescue teams arrived around the time that I had woken up...But Talora...She's in a coma. Has been since that day. They haven't been able to wake her no matter what they tried. They told me later that she was Minaran and that she used what power she could to save my life. I owe her my life and so I went into medical. Being in Command here on the Sentinel I can't help but think, am I betraying her? I can try to justify it any which way but in the end, I left medical behind for my own pursuits.

But now this is all coming back. I have a twin sister now...I really don't know how to handle this news...

Close Log...

Lieutenant

Postby Thomas Marsland » Tue Nov 04, 2014 1:10 pm

Interesting! Looks to be fun! I can't wait to find out more!

Ensign

Re: CO Captain Claire Stradiot

Postby Andy Cotterly » Tue Mar 24, 2015 1:25 am

Commanding Officer
Clarie Stradiot
Stardate - 11503.16

Open Log...

War...I took this chair after the previous captain was transferred off and as soon as I sit down, we're pulled into a war. ::Shivers:: There are many terrible things I can say about war and conflict. I was not a part of any of it in the past so this is new to me. Not only do I have to prove myself to this crew, I now have to lead this ship, still green with its crew and technology, into a war that none of us were ready for...

I have faith in my crew. I know we'll do just fine...but at what cost? What will we end up sacrificing in order to defend ourselves against this new threat?

Close Log...

Ensign

Postby Andy Cotterly » Sat Apr 11, 2015 1:25 pm

Captain's Log
Stardate - 11504.06

Open log...

We've rejoined the fleet with the mysterious ship. Since there were no commands being given, I'm surprised the station had lasted as long as it had before we got there. I've been taking charge of everything in order to give the station more time to evacuate. We've held the line so far. With the help of my crew, we've held them off, but we're starting to lose ground so to speak. We're buckling under the strain of the heavy fire. I've sent out some ships to try and flank them and take out their heavy hitters, and if we can do that, it'll be almost smooth sailing....if another wave warps in though...We might have another viewing of what happened at the last battle...

Close Log...

Captain Claire Stradiot
USS Sentinel

Ensign

Postby Andy Cotterly » Tue Apr 28, 2015 1:49 am

Captain's Log
Stardate - 11504.20
CO Claire Stradiot

Open log...

I've not been in command of this ship very long and already I'm going to be destroying a starbase... Since we can't get any more reinforcements, there's no other option. Its standard procedure if we can't hold a position not to give it to the enemy. Let them stretch themselves so thin that they'll be easy to pick off. I'm hoping that's the strategy here, but I can't help but think there's something else going on higher up...We might not be being told everything.

Close Log..

Next

Return to U.S.S. Sentinel