Canon Queries

Discuss everything to do with the game here. Your ships, character story arcs, plots, plans and ideas are all fair game. If it's In-Universe, then it's in here.
Ensign

Canon Queries

Postby Travis D » Sun Mar 09, 2014 9:19 pm

I figured it might be a good idea to have a place where people can ask questions and hash out ideas on the universe of 2392. Not to usurp the gamerunners' role, but just to ask questions the community might have, and maybe toss ideas around when appropriate. For instance: The EMH. I used it in Saturn's most recent adventure, but I know that it wouldn't be the Mark I Zimmerman, or the Mark II Andy Dick version (thank god). We're probably up to a Mark V by '92 - so what does s/he look like, what's his/her personality like, etc.?

Also, and this may be a mystery waiting to be revealed in game, which is fine - what do we know about the Tzenkethi and their government? Memory Alpha says they've never been seen or described in canon, although the books say they're ... glowing, sexy sacs of fluid, which is something.

Lieutenant

Re: Canon Queries

Postby Jack Lucas » Sun Mar 09, 2014 9:57 pm

Travis D wrote:I figured it might be a good idea to have a place where people can ask questions and hash out ideas on the universe of 2392. Not to usurp the gamerunners' role, but just to ask questions the community might have, and maybe toss ideas around when appropriate. For instance: The EMH. I used it in Saturn's most recent adventure, but I know that it wouldn't be the Mark I Zimmerman, or the Mark II Andy Dick version (thank god). We're probably up to a Mark V by '92 - so what does s/he look like, what's his/her personality like, etc.?

Also, and this may be a mystery waiting to be revealed in game, which is fine - what do we know about the Tzenkethi and their government? Memory Alpha says they've never been seen or described in canon, although the books say they're ... glowing, sexy sacs of fluid, which is something.

I propose the Mark V EMH is a complete dick, just to keep everything canonically accurate.

ImageImageImageImageImageImage

Commander

Postby Einar S » Sun Mar 09, 2014 10:22 pm

I prefer to work off the EMH Mark I being the "character" since his creator got over his issues with Barclay's and the Doctor's help. Who knows, maybe he started making them in his image again.

And I just love the grumpy sod
Captain Jonathan Rome
Commanding Officer
USS Hyperion

Ensign

Postby Travis D » Sun Mar 09, 2014 10:27 pm

Hah, me too. I'm totally down with that.

Lieutenant

Postby Jack Lucas » Mon Mar 10, 2014 12:41 am

We can't use the EMH Mark I, creative commons.

ImageImageImageImageImageImage

Site Admin
That would be unwise

Character Name: Rhodri "Griff" Griffiths

Postby James Greenman » Mon Mar 10, 2014 1:34 am

We can call it the Mark V, but it'll look and act like the Mark I. Problem solved :D

As for the Tzenkethi, we're going off the original scriptwriters idea of 7-8 foot armoured lizards. The fluid sac thing is so weird and disturbing that I know it was some writers spank bank material made life. So we're not doing that.
Star Trek: Engage Game Manager

Game Director -Sigma Rho Station & U.S.S. Sentinel

Lieutenant
Pezzley Snipes

Cloaking Device

Postby Andrew Rice » Fri Jul 25, 2014 10:15 pm

Out of curiosity, I was wondering if since the destruction of Romulas, and the fall of the empire, if the Treaty Of Alegeron was still in effect?
Vincit Omnia Veritas - The truth conquers all things.

TAC - LtJG. Soule Douglas - USS Hyperion NCC-77989 / S.T.A.R. ECS
ENG - Lt. Ilaihr - USS Atlantis NCC-1021-D
CSO - LtJG. Hamlet - USS Sentinel NCC-79088

Site Admin
That would be unwise

Character Name: Rhodri "Griff" Griffiths

Postby James Greenman » Fri Jul 25, 2014 11:19 pm

There is still a neutral zone and in the interest of peace the Federation still carries on following the Treaty. No cloaking device research right now I'm afraid. :)
Star Trek: Engage Game Manager

Game Director -Sigma Rho Station & U.S.S. Sentinel

Lieutenant
Pezzley Snipes

Postby Andrew Rice » Fri Jul 25, 2014 11:50 pm

Thats fair enough. I watched a couple of episodes where it was mentioned recently. It reminded me to ask.
Vincit Omnia Veritas - The truth conquers all things.

TAC - LtJG. Soule Douglas - USS Hyperion NCC-77989 / S.T.A.R. ECS
ENG - Lt. Ilaihr - USS Atlantis NCC-1021-D
CSO - LtJG. Hamlet - USS Sentinel NCC-79088

Return to Engage Lounge