CMO Lieutenant (JG) Komkor bim Thur

This is a Forum-Only Station. Do you have an inactive character that you want to write about? Is your character being transferred somewhere else, or fresh out of the Academy? This is where you write logs or start something creative with your fellow players either on Spacedock, orbiting Earth, or elsewhere in the STE universe.

Moderator: James Greenman

Ensign

Re: AUX Ensign Komkor bim Thur

Postby Travis D » Mon Mar 17, 2014 2:13 am

A silly log for a light mission :P

Site Admin
That would be unwise

Character Name: Rhodri "Griff" Griffiths

Postby James Greenman » Mon Mar 17, 2014 6:15 pm

Travis D wrote:A silly log for a light mission :P

That was absolutely hilarious! Fantastic log, seriously awesome and it needs way more love. :awes:
Star Trek: Engage Game Manager

Game Director -Sigma Rho Station & U.S.S. Sentinel

Ensign

Postby Travis D » Sat Mar 22, 2014 5:23 pm

I figured this was the best place to say: I may miss tomorrow's mission due to the vagaries of travel. Hopefully not, but thought I'd give a heads up.

Ensign

MED Lieutenant (JG) Komkor bim Thur

Postby Travis D » Thu May 29, 2014 9:09 pm

Stardate 11405.29 - USS Sentinel

Komkor wandered the dimly lit corridors of the Sentinel aimlessly. I could just ask the computer where sickbay is, he thought. But where's the fun in that?

The newly minted ship was massive, and appeared even moreso since it was mostly empty, awaiting its final checks in spacedock. Komkor had transferred as soon as he received his orders - his posting to the Saturn had been as a temporary auxiliary, studying the chronaton issue, and that had been resolved weeks prior. Starfleet hadn't know where to put him, though, so he had ended up contacting space whales, running from time ghosts, and crash landing on mysterious alien planets.

He was going to miss that ship.

Komkor stopped suddenly - his path had unconsciously taken him right to sickbay. He stepped through the doors into a world of wonder.

Now this was a sickbay! Every surface was white plastisteel, gleaming metal, or transparent aluminum. Komkor peered up at one of the many countertops set for human height. He looked back down as his foot bumped something. A pedal! He depressed the pedal with his foot, and the counter silently lowered until he removed his foot.

This was heaven.

Komkor began rummaging through the cabinets and storage bins, acquainting himself with the room and reorganizing items as he preferred. As he ticked down the inventory on his PADD, a particular item caught his eye.

"Hmm," he said to himself. "That may be useful for my other project..."

Komkor was fiddling in Shuttlebay 13 when Cadet Bramley found him. The cadet jumped back, narrowly dodging being run down by an auto-loader zooming out the same door. The Shuttlebay was filled with oddly shaped objects under opaque coverings, and boxes overflowing with unidentifiable miscellania. Komkor stood atop a metal countertop expanded to its maximum height, attaching a tiny cluster of devices to the bulkhead.

"Bramley!" Komkor nearly tottered off the counter's edge. Regaining his balance, the doctor lowered the counter to a height for human use and hopped down, favoring his old leg injury.

"What are you doing here, cadet?"

Bramley scratched the back of his neck. "You know, sir, on the Saturn, I mean - people were really nice, that's not why I left or anything, but I mean... weird stuff kept happening to me?"

"Weird stuff."

"Like the chronaton poisoning. And I think I was a ghost? And when that alien larva thought I was i-it's mother."

"Bramley Junior? Come, cadet, it wasn't so bad once we got it on formula!"

"Yes, sir. Well, I knew a few of the crew from the Saturn were brought on board to get the Sentinel up and running, so I thought it might be a little ... calmer for me, sir."

"Bramley, you're in luck," Komkor said briskly.

"I am?"

"What you need is a little rest and relaxation, and I have just the prescription!" Komkor clapped his hands together and turned briskly.

"You do?"

"You see, Bramley, not many people recall that the ship's medical officer is also the recreation officer." He tapped the side of his head. "Mental health, Bramley! Not many ships bother with a recreation officer these days - it's one of those 2360s things, like analogue buttons and those missized women's uniforms - but it's still in the regs! And Bramley, let me tell you as a man who lived on a moon a light year from the nearest holotheater - people need recreation! And thus, behold!" Komkor jerked the covering off one of the large objects cluttering the bay.

"A ... dom-jot table, sir?"

"But not just that!" Grinning, Komkor began throwing more coverings off. "Snooker! Darts! Sulamid table tennis! An Altonian Brain Teaser! Barokie! And more! Holoboards for games of all sort, and I'm planning for an area for bowling."

"That's - sir, isn't this Shuttlebay for, uh, for shuttles?"

Komkor waved a hand distractedly. "How many Shuttlebays does one ship actually need, Bramley? They've crammed everything into this ship, far more room than is necessary. I've already checked our loadout, and we won't even be assigned enough shuttles to fill the other bays! Plus, as recreation officer, I have the power to requisition an area reasonably sufficient for the ship's needs. And to requisition materials like these!" He gestured broadly.

Bramley took a step back and was nearly run down by the same auto-loader. The machine carefully lowered its covered burden and sped off.

"Ah, here we are," said Komkor, pulling the covering off a large wooden box, with lights and strange shapes behind a window.

"A jute box!" Komkor patted the archaic machine. "Named, I assume, after its original material of construction. A piece of that 20th century earth culture I keep hearing about. Well, Bramley? What do you think?"

"I, uh -"

"Not so fast! You can be the first to see my crowning innovation!" He scurried back next to the empty countertop. "Computer! Activate Emergency Mixology Hologram."

The newly installed spare holoprojector winked to life, and behind the counter materialized a dour bald man in an enormous hat.

"Please state the nature -" he looked pained. "Of the mixological emergency."

"A volcanic spew for myself, and an earth margarita for the cadet! Strictly synthehol on supply, of course," Komkor said, winking at Bramley. He patted the cadet on the back as the hologram wearily began to mix drinks. "Never fear, Bramley. You won't have to worry about any weirdness around here!"

Commander

Re: MED Lieutenant (JG) Komkor bim Thur

Postby Einar S » Thu May 29, 2014 10:06 pm

hahaha sounds like the Sentinel will be a fun place!
Captain Jonathan Rome
Commanding Officer
USS Hyperion

Site Admin
That would be unwise

Re: MED Lieutenant (JG) Komkor bim Thur

Postby James Greenman » Thu May 29, 2014 10:21 pm

Bahahaha. Absolutely fantastic log, Travis! I really love Komkor, the Sentinel is going to be fantastic.

Site Admin
That would be unwise

Re: CMO Lieutenant (JG) Komkor bim Thur

Postby James Greenman » Thu May 29, 2014 10:23 pm

I also merged these posts with your main thread and updated you to the correct position! :)

Ensign

Re: CMO Lieutenant (JG) Komkor bim Thur

Postby Travis D » Thu May 29, 2014 11:51 pm

Thanks! :cheers:

Previous

Return to Spacedock