TAC Ensign Darloch

Forum for the U.S.S. Bremen, running every Thursday at 1900 UTC. Talk about your missions and your crewmates here, or feel free to post your logs for everyone to read.
Ensign

TAC Ensign Darloch

Postby Kyle Renaud » Thu Feb 27, 2014 12:00 am

First trek into deep space out of the academy the ship is in tatters power is spotty at best this Silver Lady tunnelling threw the ship and eating our power putting the ship on the brink of destruction sounds like an average day back in the empire. I'm just glad my CO Captain Griffiths has the confidence in me to allow me help in this first contact situation thou to be perfectly honest i have no clue how to stop the Silverlady as i think my phaser will just tickle her and pouncing on her dose not seem like a smart idea either. I wish she would stop draining any piece of tech I try to use to document the situation as its getting really annoying I may have to break out the really desperate tools as in pencil and paper if I can only remember where I put any. I don't understand why the Silverlady keeps draining the power I understand she needs to survive but so do we. We cant learn if we are dead and vice versa. Some times I wish she was the Ferengi all I would have to do is growl and give it a dirty look and it would cower and spout some stupid rule that has no basis for anything. Oh well gotta keep on my toes and learn from every situation while keeping my Klingon in check as this is the only way ill ever get passed this cadet rank and be taken some what seriously from my peers back home. There will come a time where I can show what a real Klingon can do at Tactical. If all goes well ill be able to follow the example of Worf and command my own battle ship for the federation. Alas I get ahead of myself again for now my job is to keep Captain Griffiths and the rest of the crew on the U.S.S Bremen alive and safe and follow the instruction that i swore an oath to do when i graduated Starfleet.

Commander

Re: TAC_CDT_Darloch

Postby Aoibhe Ni » Thu Feb 27, 2014 2:34 am

Your wish may come true, Kyle!
::makes note::
... lots of Ferengi next mission...

:)

Ensign

Re: TAC_CDT_Darloch log 2

Postby Kyle Renaud » Sat Mar 08, 2014 12:48 am

Now we got the Silver Lady safely off the ship we back off the storm getting ready for repairs. Captain Griffiths is on the shuttle craft heading to the planet hoping to give them extra time i extended the shields around the shuttle it bought them some valuable time to be ready for their actions. This was not with out risk it drained the shields for our ship and almost put us all at risk but it was the best way i knew how to buy the time we needed . Once we backed out of the storm the Ion storm the shuttle craft was hit and from what we could scan headed roughly to the surface but we lost signal with them. Ill never make officer if we loose them ill be lucky to be on a garbage scow. My main job now is to get shields to full and find a way to deflect the ion storm. That should have been me on that shuttle not Captain but how can i disobey his orders to keep him on his ship. Some times these Humans drive me to drink i have to wonder what would B'elanna do besides hit something. I gotta wonder if there is a way to adjust the torpedos or the main deflector dish to create a tachyon shield to help buffer against these stupid storms other than that im at a loss. All I know is the Captain better be ok or there will be hell to pay and i knew i had a bad feeling about that.

Ensign

Re: TAC Cadet Darloch log 3

Postby Kyle Renaud » Wed Mar 12, 2014 11:17 pm

What a day we got CO and Ens_shTolar back alive and well. My suggestions helped out sure glad I picked up a few tricks back in my Klingon explorer days before the federation. Im just glad I could help. Tho I really have to book time with the CTO to find better ways to get backup generators we can hook up at a moments notice and im sure a Tachyon generator will defiantly come in handy for future communication or defence of the ship. Too bad im still a cadet but with this mission as evidence I hope these changes will be taken and applied. If not ill have to try to get the permission to create at least the generators and keep pushing to the Tachyon generator. It was nice to have XO make me her XO for the rescue mission I finally am fitting in with the crew and they are taking me seriously and not just a big dumb warrior. On the bright side we are heading back to Star Base there is a chance that the evaluations are due and I can finally become a star fleet Officer.

Ensign

Tac_Ens_Darloch log 1

Postby Kyle Renaud » Thu Mar 20, 2014 12:02 am

wa'DIch DoH lagh promotion tagha' chaw'a'
lIS beq vaj DaH tI' Duj.
ra' maH romuluSngan ghoqwI' woH 'ej lujegh starbase 16.
multiple pIm wanI'vammo' tlha' pop pIHbe' jIH 'ej Ha'DIbaH rur vay' Data'nISbogh Hoch qaStaHvIS lojbe' maHvaD mev tho maHvaD qab chaH may'Daq instead of cowering vIneH romulans.

QujmeH nuq QIp nab yab Qujmey xo chu' Qap pagh xo 'e' nID meb. im ngeD tu'lu' wej QIp nuq 'oH waste poH 'Iqbogh neH tob 'oH.
tho vay' Suq Qo' pIHbe' jIH usefull targh law' je smug 'e' yuDHa' 'oy' tIv chaH 'Iq 'e' vIHar.

poH 'ar vaj 'oH ghaH ngejtaH streight jang lon chaw'a' HeghDI' ghaH pagh ruff jIH Ha' ghaH yIjatlh Suq nob 'op co Ha' naDev vay' nab chaq, qatlh ghaj meb enable tInwI' je neH vIneHbe'.

be glad vaj Do'qu' 'ej Duj HubtaHvIS qaStaHvIS Hoch costs, tac beq lutu'lu'be'

anyway Suq wItI'nISmo' meb yu' DujlIj Ha' vIlegh poH. latlh QonoS vay' HeghDI' latlh poH vIghaj

First off i finally got promotion to Ensign.

The crew is adjusting well now the ship is repaired.

We have been ordered to pick up a romulan spy and deliver him to starbase 16.

I am expecting multiple different issues to pop up and the romulans to do everything in their power to stop us tho i wish they would face us in battle instead of cowering like dogs.

This guest is trying to out play the XO what a stupid plan no one wins playing mind games with the XO. Even im not that stupid it will only prove what a futile waste of time it is.

Tho i dont expect to get anything useful out of this targ as they are too smug to be honest i think they enjoy pain too much

how long will it take before i get a straight answer out of him when i cant ruff him up to get him to talk i also dont just want to give in and have the CO come down here to enable any plans the guest may have.

Sure glad the Tac crew on board is well trained and will defend the ship at all costs.

Anyway time to get back to questioning the guest to see what he is up to. More logs to follow when i have more time.

Ensign

Re: TAC Ensign Darloch log 2

Postby Kyle Renaud » Tue Apr 08, 2014 8:28 pm

Day 2 dealing with our guest and all he wants to do is sit and insult me again. the ship is being hit by micro fissures and this moron just wants to play games. Im sure he will change his mind if the fissure hits the brig. Star Fleet regulations stop me from making this guy talk there has to be a way to break him with out beating him senseless. I keep thinking to my self what would my mentors do in this situation but i think its time to change that and finally say what would Darloch do. Time for me to become the Klingon officer i am meant to be and it starts today with this vulcan. One Day I plan on other Klingons looking to wonder what would Darloch do in this situation. I have an idea but it will take some planning and research but that is for tomorrow. i do know it will either Shut Mr. loud mouth up or get him to talk with the info we need to report to command. Off to research and than the fun begins.

Ensign

Re: TAC Ensign Darloch log 3

Postby Kyle Renaud » Tue Apr 08, 2014 9:50 pm

Now to the fun after a bit of research I have found the worst of earths music culture from the early 1940's - 2014's. To this end I decided it was a valuable time to Teach Relar this music history in a nice relaxing manor and hope to have the discussion that is desperately needed on what he was up to and what was he looking at in the stolen space logs. To start things off i decided to start singing to one of the ultimate classic Klingon operas u' in Haus der Kulturen der Welt Berlin. Apparently Relar was not a fan so i decided to be nice and switch things to Gregorian Chant. after about 10 minutes of this i switched to inuit throat singing. Once again 10 min of this before I decide that 1940 Honkey Tonk Country would suite his needs and show the diversity of what earth can do for music. Apparently by the looks on Relars face he dose not seem to enjoy country but to be fair i give the same time of 10 minutes before i almost decide to introduce the Thrash Metal from 1990's but at the last second Justin Bieber from the 2014 years seemed to fit the situation better. Once again Relar did not look amused. Ten minutes later i switched to Yoko Ono as she was a major influence to others in her era. Also at this time XO V'Lor came by and seemed quite amused that i was willing to go out of my way to educate our guest instead of getting mad or doing something i would regret. I also believe i happened to see a smile and a little chuckle from XO for the idea of educating at such a calm level. I totally understand if i started to get the music a lot louder it would be against Star Fleet regulations so i kept it all at a conservation lvl Relar has not decided to chat threw this lesson as of yet but thats ok ill have a totally new group of songs and music types for tomorrows shift and with all new types as well. Thats the nice thing with Earths Music it goes on for all the time i need untill we reach Star Fleet. Now to go get tomorrows list together.

Ensign

Re: TAC Ensign Darloch log 4

Postby Kyle Renaud » Thu May 08, 2014 7:59 pm

What a day during my routine watch of our guest Relar he was in his happy useless state. Relar enjoying sending more insults my way instead of being forthcoming with who hired him. I could sense the lack of interest in my music choices to try to teach him a little about earths music history so I stopped after about 30 min. Before I knew anything was going on the power flickered. I quickly ordered the doors to the brig be locked from the outside and not to allow anyone out. Next the power dropped and I knew what was coming next so I got into a defensive stance in front of the door to the ship and prepared for Relars attempt at escape. We struggled as I fought to subdue only and contain him until the power was restored. Fortunately his insults are more vicious than his fighting style he fights like a gimped Targ. Thanks to Eng the power was brought up fairly quickly and Relar was returned to the brig with no ill affects and will be even more unhappy when we deliver him to Star Base for questioning. After this situation cleaned up I received news that we are receiving new transfers from Star Fleet and now I have to get the Tac office up to Regulation before the new CTO arrives in the next day barring any issues of course. Will discuss more in next log out for now.

Ensign

Re: TAC Ensign Darloch Log 5 A New Crew

Postby Kyle Renaud » Thu May 08, 2014 9:49 pm

Well today is the day we get the new crew. just finished getting the CTO's office finished as who else CTO LT Sumner enters just as I finish up. He seems like I kind of guy I can get used to but will be a bit of a change having to answer to another level between me and the CO. I thought I was beginning to get the hang of things but it will come ill use this as a learning opportunity and do my best along the way. I have to admit it is nice to see the ship back in one piece again and a lot of new crew running threw the corridors it will bring productivity up across the board and I hope help hold the ship in one piece. The first few hours passed unusually fast until the call I received from CTO telling me to report to the scene of a murder on board and this isn't going to be fun. I obviously Drop everything to run to the crime scene ready to get to the bottom of things. One Day I will have the time to make it to the holodeck and try this hockey game I found while looking for new music but that's another report for another day.

Commander

Re: TAC Ensign Darloch

Postby Aoibhe Ni » Fri May 09, 2014 1:11 am

Hah, I liked the comment about time moving unusually fast, Kyle. I love that you included last week's time jump into your log. :)

Next

Return to U.S.S. Bremen