CO Capt Kesh Suder

This is a Forum-Only Station. Do you have an inactive character that you want to write about? Is your character being transferred somewhere else, or fresh out of the Academy? This is where you write logs or start something creative with your fellow players either on Spacedock, orbiting Earth, or elsewhere in the STE universe.

Moderator: James Greenman

Commander

Re: CO Capt Kesh Suder

Postby Aoibhe Ni » Fri Feb 28, 2014 5:35 pm

OK, so I'd not trust Tony with a pot plant for a LONG weekend. Happy now? :P

Site Admin
That would be unwise

Character Name: Rhodri "Griff" Griffiths

Postby James Greenman » Fri Feb 28, 2014 8:08 pm

Great log, Aoibhe! I do like seeing Kesh' more emotional side. :)

Also, you totally can't trust Tony with a potted plant. Not even for an hour!
Star Trek: Engage Game Manager

Game Director -Sigma Rho Station & U.S.S. Sentinel

Commander

Postby Aoibhe Ni » Fri Feb 28, 2014 8:38 pm

Thanks!
But, she doesn't have an emotional side, James. It's all for show. Her only emotion is grumpy.

Site Admin
That would be unwise

Postby James Greenman » Fri Feb 28, 2014 8:47 pm

Aoibhe Ni wrote:Thanks!
But, she doesn't have an emotional side, James. It's all for show. Her only emotion is grumpy.

That's just her default. There's other ones in there, like annoyance, anger, rage, sarcasm, etc...

Commander

Postby Aoibhe Ni » Sat Mar 01, 2014 12:13 am

James Greenman wrote:

That's just her default. There's other ones in there, like annoyance, anger, rage, sarcasm, etc...

You forgot sleepy.

Site Admin
That would be unwise

Postby James Greenman » Sat Mar 01, 2014 2:09 am

Aoibhe Ni wrote:
James Greenman wrote:

You forgot sleepy.

That doesn't sound like the seven dwarves to me. :downsrim:

Commander

Postby Aoibhe Ni » Sat Mar 01, 2014 2:40 am

They're the Communist Russia's 7 Dwarves:
Annoyance, Anger, Rage, Sarcasm, Sleepy, Sexual Frustration, and...?

Site Admin
That would be unwise

Postby James Greenman » Sat Mar 01, 2014 2:48 am

Aoibhe Ni wrote:Annoyance, Anger, Rage, Sarcasm, Sleepy, Sexual Frustration, and...?

Drunkenness.

Commander

Postby Aoibhe Ni » Sat Mar 01, 2014 2:51 am

James Greenman wrote:
Aoibhe Ni wrote:Annoyance, Anger, Rage, Sarcasm, Sleepy, Sexual Frustration, and...?

Drunkenness.

Yes, the least seen Kesh Suder state of mind, but it does happen. :)
I approve this list!

Commander

CO Capt Kesh Suder & CMO Cmdr Kymar Dremel - SD 11203.06

Postby Aoibhe Ni » Thu Mar 13, 2014 1:26 pm

"So... What were they like?" she asked in a hushed tone quite unlike her usual voice as her dark eyes fixed on his. She held her glass of Denovian mead between her palms and leant forward on the small lounge table that separated them.

Idly the Doctor swirled his Aldebaran whiskey around in the large tumbler, his eyes fixed on the green liquid within and a quiet smile on his face. He looked up again and into her dark eyes. "The Horta? They were...mystifying. They look like rocks, they feel like rocks, they smell like rocks...But the way they move, react to the environment, to a touch, it's filled with life. Like they're making up for their physical appearance with internal qualities. I've been around all three Quadrants so many times I've lost count, and I've never seen something so wondrous in what on the outside should be simple."

He glanced back down at his drink again with his quiet smile, still untouched, but painting the inside of the glass. "I don't know if it was their telepathy or empathy, but I felt as much connection to them as I ever have to a carbon-based lifeform. For all of their 'alien' qualities, they're no different."

"No, no, no", she said in mock frustration, throwing him an impatient glance. "For a smart man, Dremel, you're an idiot... Try again." She returned her expression to the expectant one she had worn moments before. "So... what were they like?"

Dremel opened his mouth for a second, then a brief rueful smile crossed his lips before putting on a very dour expression. "I mean...It was very droll, another day, another duty. Honestly it would have been more enjoyable to catalogue my spores, molds and fungus."

"That's what I thought" she said, laughing a little. It wasn't a sound anyone got to hear often. She sipped her drink and looked at him. "Seriously, though, I envy you that opportunity. It must have been fascinating. I'd have loved-" she paused and lowered her glass, "If circumstances had been different... the chance to speak with them..." she winced at the thought. He smiled reassuringly and nodded in understanding. Silicon life was rare, extremely so, and so far of the handful of silicon life that the Federation encountered only the Horta were truly friendly. It was a rare opportunity, especially for a scientific mind like Kesh.

"Perhaps we will have the chance again. Now that Pergium mining on Janus IV is likely to stop, the Horta will have the chance to thrive and grow. Who knows? Perhaps one day we might have a Horta crewmember serving with us. It's an exciting prospect.". The pair of them stared at their drinks for a little while, caught up in their thoughts on the previous day's events.

"You know, you could always go down and speak with them before we leave. Captain's Prerogative, right?" Dremel's smile grew a little wider, looking back up from his drink.

She went the speak, an unaccustomed shine in her eyes, then she shook her head. "Nah, who wants to be visited by total strangers when you're not feeling well?" She shrugged with obvious disappointment. "Besides, I got our new- your new orders..." She took a mouthful of mead, not waiting to savour its famed flavours before swallowing.

She'd caught him with the drink barely touching his lips, his eyes widening slightly as a brief tingle of displeasure went through his body. His drink was back on the table without seeming to have passed through the intervening space. "What do you mean, my new orders?"

"I have orders of my own. Came in right after the Hooke's orders... you're all to leave me on the 'Rho when you pick up those scientists..." she explained. She flashed Kymar a look that spoke volumes about her frustration at this interruption in her Captaincy. "...it seems, darling Selzah has left some questions unanswered before he disappeared into the unknown... and now I am being roped in to explain on his behalf..." She leaned back with a huff of disgust. She almost spat out something disparaging about her former Captain but managed to bite her tongue.

He could see the comment behind her eyes regardless, frowning as that tingle settled in his gut like a lead weight. A Sickbay was the only thing he'd wanted to command, he didn't sign up for a Starship. He didn't sign up at all, this time. "I can assume it's a medical mission, at least? I received a requisition order for a lot of supplies from Ops..." Cradling his drink in both hands, he watched her from over the table. "I don't like this, Kesh. I know, I know, you don't either, but pulling a Captain off of her Starship right before a mission makes people....uneasy. Commander Jameson is talented, but she's a new factor for a lot of the crew, it won't help."

"I know, and after all the changes we've seen already, I for one could do with a bit of stability for a while, but, orders are orders. I stay, you go. The Hooke has a possible humanitarian crisis to remedy." She looked around the lounge, blessedly close to empty. She sipped her drink. "Dremel, this mission will lean on you heavily. Relief efforts, medical equipment distribution, co-ordinating teams on the ground... I don't know what you will find when you get there, just be sure you're there for the Commander. She'll need your advise and support. Use your best judgement." She fidgeted glumly, uncomfortable with handing her ship over so soon after accepting command.

He smiled reassuringly, taping his glass lightly with his fingers. "I always do. You don't pay me for my second best judgement." Levity aside, it was a tender situation, especially with someone as important as humanitarian efforts. Dremel looked serious for a moment. "You can count on us, Kesh. The Hooke has a good medical team, one of the best, we'll make sure that everything is in order with the relief efforts."

"I know, I trust you... Just... remember Tony and Henry aren't on the best of terms. If they have to be left alone, check in now and then or leave someone with them... Jefferson in Astrometrics has been in a break-up recently, so, go easy on him, and I'm not sure what's going on with MacKenzie in Engineering, but she has something on her mind that leaves me uneasy, D'mera is a new element. I'm not sure how she'll react to what may be ahead of you. I'm not saying 'hover', but... just, take care of her. Ask her how she's doing and listen to what's underneath her words. Make sure she wears her inhibitor, that is non-negotiable, and-"

"Kesh." Dremel cut her off mid-word, starting to feel a little like a school child being given a chore, but smiled softly to take the bite out of his words. "I know you're worried, and I may not like the situation, but I have done this before. I can handle Tony and Henry, D'Mera is a good asset and she'll jump at whatever chance we give her, and i'll even make sure to file all of the necessary reports to Starfleet as well. I can handle this."

Kesh nodded. "I know. It's just difficult to let go when I've only just got a good grip."

Dremel smiled softly, giving her a nod in return. "I can understand that. I promise that you'll have a ship to come back to, and get a grip on."

She nodded, took a sip of her drink and paused before swallowing. She examined his lined face. "And how are you?" The questioned was loaded. She knew his treatment schedule almost as well as he did. She'd had a hand in devising its current form. She knew he'd have administered the latest dose not long ago. So, "and how are you?" was not just a question about his physical well-being. It was as much aimed at him mental health, his ability to follow through on his promises, his feelings about telling Jameson, her concern for him as a friend.

The Doctor finally took a drink before answering, the sip becoming a glug until he tossed the fingerful of green liquid straight down, relishing in the burn before setting his glass back down and looking across the table at his friend. It was difficult, but he answered. "Not...as well as I'd hoped. The Hooke isn't equipped as well as the Kraken. No bio-neural gelpacks means that it takes me six times as long to run a gene sequence analysis, the best lab we have is number fourteen and that's still using a sequencer from ten years ago. I was going to put in a requisition for a refit to the labs next time we're in spacedock. Until then, it's slow going, and endlessly frustrating." It showed in his eyes and on his face as he spoke about it.

"I'll see what I can conjure up when I'm on the Rho," she replied simply, sympathy lining her eyes to get a grateful smile in return.

"I don't know how much luck you'll have. The Rho hasn't had a refit in a while....But I appreciate it. After what happened on the Kraken..." He glanced down at his empty mug, and left it unsaid.

Kesh found herself focusing on the good doctor's hands as he held his mug. "I have contacts beyond the influence of the Rho, Dremel. Give me a shopping list. I'll ask around." She avoided mentioning the Kraken completely, but she knew they felt the same way. What happened was... no-one's fault, but it felt like it should be someone's. "Just take care of my ship and I'll take care of this."

He looked back up and nodded, smiling gratefully. "You have yourself a deal. I know you can take care of yourself, but if you need us, get in touch and we'll come running."

PreviousNext

Return to Spacedock