CO Capt Kesh Suder

This is a Forum-Only Station. Do you have an inactive character that you want to write about? Is your character being transferred somewhere else, or fresh out of the Academy? This is where you write logs or start something creative with your fellow players either on Spacedock, orbiting Earth, or elsewhere in the STE universe.

Moderator: James Greenman

Commander

CO Capt Kesh Suder

Postby Aoibhe Ni » Sat Feb 22, 2014 12:10 pm

Kesh let the bridge work on around her.
She stood still, nodding humourlessly, greeting some crew and allowing others to take their leave as the changing of the shift momentarily increased bridge activity levels.

"Systems nominal, Ensign... Engineering is yours", "All quiet, ma'am.", "Lt Dolan will be contacting you about the mass spectrometer analysis she's looking to run...", "Away Team have just beamed down, maintain a steady lock on them..."

To a common observer she must have appeared calm and pensive, a solid rock in a stream of flowing change. But the common observer would not likely have understood the significance of the tiny grey devise attached to the side of her temple, or what the gentle blinking of its single green light signified.

"Catch you later, Marith!", "Try not to mess with my settings, OK?", "See you in the lounge when you're done...", "Ah, Senna, If you're gonna shed, try not to do it on the chair, yea?"

The common observer would not appreciate what that tiny devise was doing to her as it muffled not just the volume of the telepathic contact she had been blasted with, but also the strength of her invaluable sixth sense, too. She had requested it, she had to remind herself, as she tried to ignore the numbness it was inflicting upon her. It was this, or she would have to relieve herself of command on her first mission in charge. She flexed her fingers as she stood in the command circle. What else could she have done but ask Kymar for the inhibitor? What use was she, curled up in a ball and unable to function?

She raised a hand and scratched at the skin beside the inhibitor. The urge to remove it was strong. Maybe, she reasoned, she could draw some sense from the voices, more sense than their overwhelming emotions had produced so far. Maybe she could grasp a word, or a fragment of a sentence... Maybe some meaning, some clue as to their identification... anything. She ran a fingertip over the devise, tempted to use that flimsy excuse as a reason to rip it off, but she refrained, her hand dropping to her side. Day One was not the day to go "off book"...

She thought about her Away Team, beaming into the unknown. She trusted them all, all capable, brave, hardworking... and D'Mera. She huffed. That was unfair, she chided herself as she turned, eyed the new faces at all the stations and reclaimed her own chair. She didn't know the young woman. Sending her on an Away Team so early on was a little unorthodox, but she felt that time spent with Sumner would benefit her before she had to face the rest of the crew. Sumner could be... transformative, if you encountered him at the right time. She should know. Without him, she'd not be where she was now.

"Computer... record log", she ordered, as she relaxed back into her seat. "Away Team have beamed to the surface of Janus VI, to meet with Head Engineer van der Waal, and presumably, with his Bolian nursemaid, too. The location of the Horta and now, the missing betazoid/human engineer... is still a mystery."

"Both Commander Jameson and I have been fitted with telepthic inhibitors... the rest of the crew with telepathic abilities are being taken care of as I speak. This is due to the overwhelmingly loud cry of distress we have picked up in the vicinity of Janus VI. Whether this is contact from the Horta, or a separate entity, we have yet to determine. Right now, all I can say for definite is that it is... significant. End log."

Commander
*I* put Baby in a corner!

Re: CO Capt Kesh Suder - SD 11402.20

Postby C. J. Short » Sat Feb 22, 2014 2:13 pm

"Transformative."

Can you imagine how big Henry's head would get if he were telepathic? :P

Great log, Aoibhe.
"As long as I have a want, I have a reason for living. Satisfaction is death." - George Bernard Shaw, Overruled

Site Admin
That would be unwise

Character Name: Rhodri "Griff" Griffiths

Postby James Greenman » Sat Feb 22, 2014 2:16 pm

C. J. Short wrote:"Transformative."

Can you imagine how big Henry's head would get if he were telepathic? :P

Great log, Aoibhe.

I can't see how it could get any bigger. :P

Aoibhe, your log, :iia:
Star Trek: Engage Game Manager

Game Director -Sigma Rho Station & U.S.S. Sentinel

Lieutenant

Postby Jack Lucas » Sat Feb 22, 2014 2:20 pm

Hrm, I wonder if Kesh's inhibitor will give her some sympathy for D'Mera? :ohsnap:

Loved this log.

ImageImageImageImageImageImage

Site Admin
That would be unwise

Character Name: Rhodri "Griff" Griffiths

Postby James Greenman » Sat Feb 22, 2014 2:22 pm

Jack Lucas wrote:Hrm, I wonder if Kesh's inhibitor will give her some sympathy for D'Mera? :ohsnap:

Hah! That's a pretty good point.
Star Trek: Engage Game Manager

Game Director -Sigma Rho Station & U.S.S. Sentinel

Commander

Postby Aoibhe Ni » Sun Feb 23, 2014 2:29 am

Yes... ::twiddley fingers:: ...what a strange and mysteriously coincidental parallel, indeed... !

Commander
*I* put Baby in a corner!

Postby C. J. Short » Sun Feb 23, 2014 2:30 am

Don't give in; empathy is for chumps!
"As long as I have a want, I have a reason for living. Satisfaction is death." - George Bernard Shaw, Overruled

Lieutenant

Postby Andrew James » Mon Feb 24, 2014 9:56 pm

Nice log Aoibhe. The inhibitor vs D'Mera's inhibitor hadn't even crossed my mind. Awesome twist though!

Commander

CO Capt Kesh Suder - SD 11202.27

Postby Aoibhe Ni » Fri Feb 28, 2014 4:08 pm

Kesh sat silently in the command circle; in the seat of power; the Big Chair. The same position many, many Starfleet officers had found themselves in before, and countless more had aspired to.

"Some day, I might make Captain!", "When I have a ship of my own, I'll...", "Eyes on the prize, the best seat in the house!"

But she had never had those ambitions. Her rise to her current position had been a convoluted one. Not for her the determined arc of a command candidate. No, she'd been a doctor for many years; promotions, commendations, a reprimand or two spicing up her career. She'd fallen in love, gotten married, felt the pull of duty and honour rather more strongly than the urge to stay close to her husband, and in the end she'd lost him totally. Their final words had been spoken in anger, over a crackling comm in the middle of a war, and the next she'd heard, he was missing, dead, gone.

She'd spent years in the darkness after that. Her skills as a telepath, her anger and her good looks used by members of Starfleet whose idea of duty and honour were a little murkier than was ideal, but she didn't care. She was furious at herself, seething at the world, determined to fight, and by the gods, did she fight well!

When she finally surfaced, she fell in love again. Their first words were spoken in anger, and many more besides were delivered the same way. His last words to her... were over a comm recording, a damned recording that he'd sent her from some place far away. Duty, honour, he used every excuse in the book, it seemed. The coward. After everything they'd seen, everything they'd shared, he couldn't even find the courage to stand and face her as he ripped her heart away. She had no chance to fight back, and the comm screen had taken the brunt of her ire. His flimsy excuses for leaving her had sounded as hollow to her as her excuses for staying away from her husband had a decade before.

Many, many holodeck adversaries later, and she had blown off enough steam to get that rejection under control.
Aryn Zehn, her imzadi; K'Tor, a flash of passion with a Klingon warrior; Vidas Esjam, her late husband; and A'an Selzah, the man who had thrown her aside... no more, she vowed. She had more important things to focus on than frivolous love affairs. She had a ship and a crew; an XO she'd trust with her life, and an Engineer she'd not trust with a pot plant for the weekend; a Tactical chief she had learnt to respect, and an Tactical assistant she felt needed to learn to give respect; and a doctor who had saved her life, and who she had once found herself prepared to kill.

..in the light of all of that, saving a horde of Horta seemed like a walk in the park.

Commander

Re: CO Capt Kesh Suder

Postby Einar S » Fri Feb 28, 2014 5:28 pm

I'll let u know that the roses I got for Inga for Valentine's day lived for almost 3 days!
Captain Jonathan Rome
Commanding Officer
USS Hyperion

Next

Return to Spacedock