CTO Lieutenant Sumner

This is a Forum-Only Station. Do you have an inactive character that you want to write about? Is your character being transferred somewhere else, or fresh out of the Academy? This is where you write logs or start something creative with your fellow players either on Spacedock, orbiting Earth, or elsewhere in the STE universe.

Moderator: James Greenman

Lieutenant
IT'S BEEN A LONG ROAD

Character Name: Raqiin sh'Hruvek

Re: CTO Lieutenant Sumner

Postby Shawna F » Thu Jun 19, 2014 1:07 am

Henryyyyy maybe you should talk to someooooone. Once, y'know, space-time has righted itself again and when your legs are covered and less fabulous. Those calves would be distracting to any doctor.
CSO Lt Raqiin sh'Hruvek - USS Bremen NCC-12428
XO LtCmdr Vikram Baudin - USS Sentinel NCC-79088 / S.T.A.R. Taskforce Sigma

Commander
*I* put Baby in a corner!

Postby C. J. Short » Thu Jun 19, 2014 1:14 am

Fairly certain he's forbidden from discussing the time travel genocide. Temporal Affairs, and such.
"As long as I have a want, I have a reason for living. Satisfaction is death." - George Bernard Shaw, Overruled

Commander

Postby Aoibhe Ni » Thu Jun 19, 2014 1:34 am

And I'm fairly certain Sumner needs to stay in his mandress for a while.
All in favour? :)

Site Admin
That would be unwise

Character Name: Rhodri "Griff" Griffiths

Postby James Greenman » Thu Jun 19, 2014 3:19 am

Aoibhe Ni wrote:And I'm fairly certain Sumner needs to stay in his mandress for a while.
All in favour? :)

Aye! And my vote counts for 10 because I'm the Captain. :D
Star Trek: Engage Game Manager

Game Director -Sigma Rho Station & U.S.S. Sentinel

Commander

Postby Einar S » Sat Jun 21, 2014 1:39 pm

stop picking on the poor guy. I bet he's rocking that look!
Captain Jonathan Rome
Commanding Officer
USS Hyperion

Commander

Postby C. J. Short » Sat Jun 21, 2014 11:36 pm

When this is all over, he's adding a badass kilt to his wardrobe.
"As long as I have a want, I have a reason for living. Satisfaction is death." - George Bernard Shaw, Overruled

Commander

CTO Lieutenant Sumner SD 11407.03

Postby C. J. Short » Thu Jul 03, 2014 6:31 pm

Chief Tactical Officer's log
USS Bremen NCC-12428
Stardate 11407.03 (by internal chronometer; time travel and such)

Buttons are bullshit. Seriously, we had digital tactile interfaces for centuries before the Constitution class was constructed, and they decided to go with buttons? How am I supposed to do my job? I have to adjust phaser amplification with a goddamned lever. How is that at all helpful when a single ampre can mean the difference between a disabled ship and a destroyed one? If this was once the most advanced ship design in Starfleet, then the job as a whole must have been a fucking nightmare. Comparatively, the shields are paper thin, the weapons are pebbles, and there are modern computers with more power than this warp core has. We're essentially a blocky tin can in space, armed with flashlights and run by a calculator.

Look, I get that this was pretty amazing for its time. I get that this is actually a pretty strong vessel compared to others of its time, and I'm sure that in another hundred years, some calamity-befallen tactical officer would have the same feeling about the Intrepid class (but not about the Defiant class; that shit's boss). It's just... seeing it first hand, I'm frankly amazed the Federation managed to survive these years. Considering some of the threats we've face, it's like these people survived based on guile and willpower alone.

It's actually kind of badass.

Lieutenant Henry Sumner

Commander

Postby Einar S » Sat Jul 05, 2014 1:33 am

hahahhaa. my favorite log to date.
Captain Jonathan Rome
Commanding Officer
USS Hyperion

Commander

CTO Lieutenant Sumner SD 11407.17 - With aGD Einar

Postby C. J. Short » Tue Jul 22, 2014 10:14 pm

Henry slowly turned Vort's golden helmet in his hands, examining the details. He'd never been much of a history buff, but he could appreciate the chance to get to examine what would be a rare artifact in the Federation. Vort was resting nearby, his wounds mending. He tried not to think about what the Captain had told him about Agent Brown's intentions, but that was, of course, impossible.

It wasn't right, killing a man for someone else's mistake. It bothered him that this was somehow Federation policy. How could they claim such lofty ideals if they placed such little value on someone's life? Further, how would killing them help anything? So what if the Romulans discovered that people had traveled through time? Sure the possibility wouldn't be news to them, and treating and returning them could help suddenly-strained relations between the powers. It didn't make any sense, morally or rationally.

He was removed from his thoughts as Vort started to stir. Henry placed his helmet on the side of the bed.

"Subcommander," he greeted. Vort glanced up at him, his gaze regal even despite the binds holding him down.
"Lieutenant is it? Your rank is alien to me." Henry nodded some. In Vort's time, there wasn't much knowledge shared between the Federation and the Romulans. Frankly, he'd been surprised they'd managed to identify the M/AM matrix in the warp core, and had been wondering if it hadn't been a lucky guess on their part.

"There are typically six officer ranks on a Starfleet vessel. Lieutenant is third from the bottom; Ensign, Junior Grade Lieutenant, regular Lieutenant, Lieutenant Commander, Commander, and Captain," he explained, using a hand to signify the increase in ranks. "I'm also the Chief Tactical Officer, which means ship's security is my job," he finished. Vort sighed as he tested his restraints.

"Are these really necessary, Tactical officer? I am unarmed and alone." He looked over at Thesio, deep in a comatose state. "He was family; spoiled brat, but he kept me alive. Kept our mission alive."

Henry looked over the restraints, briefly pondering whether he could unfasten them. He knew all the arguments against it, and that it was foolish to think a lone Romulan couldn't be a threat. Even if he only managed to harm one person, it would still be a colossal failure on his part. Still, the Subcommander wasn't his enemy, even if he didn't believe it. Treating him well would go a long way in proving that. And, while it was possible that an injured Romulan could overpower Henry and the other security personnel in sickbay, it seemed highly unlikely. So Henry leaned over and slowly loosened the restraints, keeping an eye open for any sudden moves.

"Tell me about your mission," he said, sparing a glance to the other Romulan. "I don't think it will compromise anything at this point." Vort massaged his wrists, then rose up as Henry adjusted his biobed.

"To investigate Earth outposts along the neutral zone and surrounding systems for Earth ship fleets. Your Starfleet has been making dozens of your new warships; 'Constitution heavy cruisers,' our Tal'Shiar called them." Vort sighed as he looked around his surroundings. "My Praetor would love to know about this ship." Henry nodded, trying not to feel too proud of the man's awe.

"We've come a long way since the Constitution class. Your people have, as well; you should see the Warbirds you're packing, now. Actually..." Henry picked up a PADD that was laying next to the biobed, saving the medical chart and bringing up the specs for the D'Deridex class Warbird, as well as a size comparison to the old Warbirds Vort would have been used to.

"These are what your people are using now. They're an intimidating sight to behold." Vort studied the PADD
"Impressive. I hope to see it for myself when I get back to Romulan space." Henry sighed softly, running a hand through his hair as he thought about what the Captain had said. Part of him simply wanted to tell Vort that he'd be back in Romulan space in no time, to not let him know the danger he still faced. That wouldn't feel honorable, though; at least, not to Henry. He wasn't going to convince the Subcommander of his good intentions by lying to him, whether actively or passively.

"Subcommander, there's something you should know," he began, taking another moment to think before making eye contact. "Starfleet has a division of temporal affairs; they investigate temporal disruptions, such as the one you were unfortunately caught up in. They, uh... they have stated an intention of seeing you and your lieutenant... eliminated, due to the fact that history says you are dead."

"That is a very effective means to tie up lose ends. Your temporal affairs division is very... Romulan. We ourselves have a similar section in our Military. Does your Captain intend to let them kill us?" Vort asked.

"I don't believe so," Henry said. "It's not his style, nor is it mine. Unless Temporal Affairs intends to kill a ship full of Starfleet officers and crew, we'll see you safely to your people." Vort nodded, then placed the PADD down next to him.

"He is honorable. So are you, Tactical Officer."

"We try to be," Henry stated. He thought about Ira IV, and all the other times his attempts to be honorable had been squandered by asshole bureaucrats. "Politics get in the way sometimes. I would rather things could be straightforward; two peoples being open and honest with each other would be better than two who try to weave webs of lies and secrets. Change comes slowly, though." Vort laughed, then licked his lips.

"Our people are much alike, Human."

Commander

Postby Einar S » Wed Jul 23, 2014 9:38 am

Thanks for the log CJ, it was fun ! It's great to see how far Henry's come from that short tempered prick he was on the Kraken ;)
Captain Jonathan Rome
Commanding Officer
USS Hyperion

PreviousNext

Return to Spacedock