CMO Ajala Ecchumati

This is a Forum-Only Station. Do you have an inactive character that you want to write about? Is your character being transferred somewhere else, or fresh out of the Academy? This is where you write logs or start something creative with your fellow players either on Spacedock, orbiting Earth, or elsewhere in the STE universe.

Moderator: James Greenman

Commander

Re: CMO Ajala Ecchumati

Postby Aoibhe Ni » Fri Jun 06, 2014 7:13 pm

Oiy! Who are you calling "lovely"?!?
Oh, wait, hang on... Never mind.

But, yea, that was a great log, Andrew. Can't wait to see how Ajala behaves for the next few weeks.

Lieutenant

CMO Ajala Ecchumati 11306.12

Postby Andrew James » Sun Jun 15, 2014 11:14 am

Time… the very thing that she’d been running out of had become her potential savior. In a year where the war hadn’t yet started on Caledonia, the opportunity was tantalising.

Ajala sat down in her ever-changing office, slid an old padd across the desk towards her. The buttons were larger than she was used to, and every now and then it’d lag a little, but it still did the job. If she was going to do this, she had to get it right. Minimal damage to the temporal time line, unnoticeable.

At first she’d dismissed the idea, thought it too complicated. After all, here they were travelling back through time where the ship around them reverted to the timeline, but not the people. It made no sense. Doctor Von Ubique’s paper swirled around Ajala’s head – she’d had struggled to understand it while the other bridge officers had spoken of how easy it was. Her weakness with those sciences had caused her to hesitate, but as soon as she realized that her plan didn’t have to be complicated at all, it hadn’t taken very long to convince herself to proceed. The love of a child was often incentive enough for people to break the rules, and this was no different.

Besides, this was such a tiny thing, the smallest change in the timeline. It wasn’t going to change the development of a planet, or wipe entire species from history. It was a single record of a single child at a single government office. No one would even notice; she hadn’t even told anyone about the Caledonian issue, not even Nurse Mendoza. As far as Ajala knew, most people on the Bremen didn’t even know the story of that life changing day. Her unwillingness to talk about it, and stubborn denial of the re-call situation meant no one would be the wiser once they got back to their own time. Assuming they did, of course. And if she did get caught, it would be worth it.

It was the perfect plan. She looked down at the padd and started preparing the message. The message she’d send to herself.

Commander

Postby Einar S » Sun Jun 15, 2014 2:40 pm

holy genius plan Batman! Great log Andrew :) loving this story
Captain Jonathan Rome
Commanding Officer
USS Hyperion

Commander

Postby Aoibhe Ni » Sun Jun 15, 2014 11:46 pm

This is going to be interesting as hell.
Nice thinking, Andrew!

Lieutenant

Postby Andrew James » Wed Jun 18, 2014 3:29 pm

Stardate 10811.01

The pictures had not done it justice. Seeing it for the first time in reality, Ajala was impressed at the sleek curves of the docking Sovereign class vessel. She’d done nothing but go over blueprints, technical specifications and operational procedures since she’d graduated the Academy two weeks earlier. As an Operations officer, she didn’t need to know all the engineering minutiae, but this was her first assignment in Starfleet and she wanted to excel.

The woman stood next to her also wore a gold uniform, though her duties concerned security rather than power distribution and inventory. “Wow,” she said, running a hand along her trill spots and pushing her red hair behind her ear. “It’s so… wow.”

Ajala smiled and turned to walk alongside her on their way to the airlock, both of them craning their necks to look through each window they passed as if to check the ship was really there. When they ran out of windows, they hopped into a keen jog, slowing down and composing themselves again just before going around the final corner. The airlock doors were open, giving them both their first look inside. It was almost as if it was calling them. “Jen, this is amazing. There were some days at the Academy I doubted I’d ever make it this far.”

Jen looked like a little girl on her birthday, and nodded enthusiastically. “Uhuh, yep! We all thought that at some point.” They looked at each other with grins, and with bated breath took the first step onto their new home.

The on-duty security officer couldn’t resist smiling at the pair as he checked their credentials and let them through. “Make sure you check out the lounge,” he suggested, “Fantastic Spring Wine, straight from Bajor.” Jen assured him they planned on checking out all of the ship and made a bet, tongue-in-cheek, that she’d even manage to take a look at the Captain’s quarters before the day was over – a wager she’d actually win and later collect from the security officer.

For some reason, the corridors looked brighter and full of life compared to the star base, though in truth they were roughly the same. Using a wall console, Ajala checked the quarter assignments for the new crew. “I’m down this way and you’re in subsection J, which is just down there,” she told Jen with a directional gesture.

“I know where subsection J is, you’re not the only one who’s spent time with the blueprints!” She laughed, and ran her hands through the sides of her hair again, a habit she reverted to whenever she was nervous. “Meet you back here in ten?”

Ajala nodded, spun on the spot and headed towards her quarters, reading the number on each door she passed on the left. 127. 129. 131. 133. She read it twice, just to make sure, then pushed the button to open her quarters. The lights came on automatically, revealing her glorious new living space. Normal quarters would have felt large compared to sharing a bunk at the Academy, but quarters for senior officers were even larger. She quickly walked in, popping her head around the corner of the bedroom partition. A double bed! And a separate replicator in the bedroom as well as the one in the living room.

“Welcome aboard, Ensign Ecchumati,” the computer said. “Your user details have been added ready for your messages, calendar and task lists.” As the computer went through its message, Ajala flipped on and off the sonic shower, pleased at the different pressure options available. “Currently listed on your schedule: Stardate 10811.2, Oh-seven-hundred hours, conference room 2, Crew orientation and welcome. Report to Lieutenant Commander Joval. Stardate 10811.2, Oh-eight-hundred hours, alpha shift bridge duty. Report to Captain Gomes.”

Ajala had heard about the orientation program, but she was more concerned with the rumours of the initiation rites; new graduates were often made to endure some embarrassing practical joke or humiliation before they were properly accepted by the crew. She hoped they really were only rumours, else the crew would be sorely disappointed.

“You have one new message.”

Likely a pre-recorded welcome explaining where the toilets were, or the emergency exits. “Put it on screen,” she said, swiveling her shiny new monitor around and leaning onto her new desk with her elbows.

“Ajala, I don’t have much time to explain but I need you to listen carefully.” Listening carefully wasn’t easy. The Ajala on screen looked like her, but it wasn’t… she’d never recorded this message. Was it some kind of joke, one of those initiation rites?

“… Caledonia. I’ve attached all the database files you’ll need, including a map of the area affected by the nuclear blasts and a general timeline of events…”

No, this had to be some joke. It wasn’t even the right colour uniform; it was teal, and Ajala knew the sciences were her weakest subject. It was rare for Haliians to become doctors because of the empathic abilities, so that couldn’t be it either. Her focus drifted back to the message.

“… Naoise Connell, remember that name. Date of birth 10901.12. All the information you need is here. They are about to cut outgoing communications.” She looked to one side of the screen, as if reacting to a noise, then back to the screen. “You’ll only have one chance to do it. Please, I know this is confusing, but trust me on this. We’ve been handed an opportunity and we have to take it.”

The message ended, showing a list of attached files, just as the door went. Jen… “Come in!” she yelled out. The un-joined Trill obliged.

“Where are you? I’ve been waiting in the corridor!” She gave the place a good look over.

“Sorry, I had a message.”

“Oh? I just had the computer telling me the schedule. I hear Commander Joval dislikes tardiness, we’d better not be late tomorrow. Who was the message from?” He eyes shone with excitement.

“It’s nothing, just someone pulling a prank, you know, picking on the new crew. Come on, let’s go take the grand tour. I’m particularly looking forward to seeing you weasel your way into seeing the Captain’s quarters!”

Ajala deleted the message, and they headed back out.
Last edited by Andrew James on Wed Jun 18, 2014 3:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Commander

Postby Aoibhe Ni » Wed Jun 18, 2014 5:10 pm

OK, I have the fan plugged in, here... now, who has the shit to hit it. :D

I can't wait to see this play out, Andrew. Bravo!

Commander

Postby Einar S » Wed Jun 18, 2014 8:02 pm

brilliant!
Captain Jonathan Rome
Commanding Officer
USS Hyperion

Lieutenant
IT'S BEEN A LONG ROAD

Character Name: Raqiin sh'Hruvek

Postby Shawna F » Thu Jun 19, 2014 1:03 am

Augh, I can't wait to see where this goes! (Someone always has to try and take advantage of time distortions, gdi.)
CSO Lt Raqiin sh'Hruvek - USS Bremen NCC-12428
XO LtCmdr Vikram Baudin - USS Sentinel NCC-79088 / S.T.A.R. Taskforce Sigma

Previous

Return to Spacedock