ENG Ensign Taev

This is a Forum-Only Station. Do you have an inactive character that you want to write about? Is your character being transferred somewhere else, or fresh out of the Academy? This is where you write logs or start something creative with your fellow players either on Spacedock, orbiting Earth, or elsewhere in the STE universe.

Moderator: James Greenman

Ensign

Character Name: Taev

Re: ENG Ensign Taev

Postby Todd Martin » Mon Jul 13, 2015 3:25 am

The Chapel of Tengu (The Slayers of Vanity)
Personal Log.

You don't always get what you want. I've spent the last 36 hours working on Crewman Bicker's keg. Why? I need something to feel at home, like I have a part in this place. Star Fleet has always been difficult to understand. In Romulan society, there are two sure avenues of success, patronage and treachery.

Patronage is the safe and easy route. Treachery, on the other hand, is entertainment, a hobby, and an art form. Tragically, both are prohibited in Star Fleet. The Academy drilled obedience, competence, and initiative. My initiative has been judged rash, my opinions neither requested nor taken. As for working constant double-shifts to keep the ship together, I think that was just a form of hiding.

It's time to take another approach.

Authentic Romulan ale is never replicated. While the basic chemical composition can be duplicated, the distillation process imparts essential trace elements and the volatiles are delicately balanced. Take the blue appearance. Why is it blue? Because Romulans add more nutrients in the wash. The higher nutrient content has lots of nitrogen containing compounds, which makes for an alkaline wash. The ammonia corrodes the heck out of the reflux coils and dyes the distillate a distinct blue. Building a distillery is joyful; the parts gleam in well ordered fit and function. Even so, it is the attention and patience paid by the brew-master alongside his measuring skills which makes for quality ale.

The Crewmen are excited by the project. Snape sent off the submittal paperwork for the new Chapel via subspace. He's eager to learn. Bicker's quarters is tight, but we'll make due. He's moving to Ensign Sa'tel's former quarters which are nicer anyway. Crewman Ro'llu agreed to serve as Chaplain and doorman. The Chapel of Tengu's rules are simple. No uniforms, no com-badges. You enter without rank or title. Two drink minimum. The person holding the sacred stick gets to talk. Everyone else stays quiet until that person puts down or is relieved of the sacred stick.

We'll be discharged to Risa for Shore leave soon. I have no idea what to expect.

End Personal log.

Site Admin
That would be unwise

Character Name: Rhodri "Griff" Griffiths

Re: ENG Ensign Taev

Postby James Greenman » Tue Jul 14, 2015 12:33 am

Really great log, Todd!

I'm looking forward to getting some proper booze onboard. :allears:
Star Trek: Engage Game Manager

Game Director -Sigma Rho Station & U.S.S. Sentinel

Previous

Return to Spacedock