MED Ensign Wren

This is a Forum-Only Station. Do you have an inactive character that you want to write about? Is your character being transferred somewhere else, or fresh out of the Academy? This is where you write logs or start something creative with your fellow players either on Spacedock, orbiting Earth, or elsewhere in the STE universe.

Moderator: James Greenman

Commander

Re: AUX Ensign Wren

Postby Einar S » Wed Jan 28, 2015 10:23 am

great log :) what show did she watch, McGuyver?
Captain Jonathan Rome
Commanding Officer
USS Hyperion

Ensign

Character Name: Wren

Postby Megan Fenn » Thu Feb 12, 2015 11:09 am

Acting External Councillor and Medical Assistant - Duty Log - Stardate 11502.05

Having spent the last few hours thoroughly examining the rear end of my colleague Doctor Tomesu, crawling around in the pipelining of the holodeck, I can report that we seemed to have found our way out. Seemed.

As we were coming to the brink of all of our sanity, there was a break in the consistency. We found a body in the tunnel. With Examination, coming in handy from my previous expertees, the body had died of dehydration. It was a male, supported by the communicator found with an non-transitioned message recorded into it. That was were the idea sprang. Water. I hold in my hand a water gun that is apparently not filled with water, but a form of acid.

Part of me was happy with the events that transpired because it meant a step forward, but the part that feels the pain in my spine says I should have kept crawling. Contact on the walls of the tubing revealed we were in yet another holodeck trick. The tunnels had only been more to occupy us and when the holodeck failed under the acid, the team and I fell a fair distance.

I may have landed on my hip, It hurts considerably but it shall pass. Should it continue I will request the Doctor to look at it and file an accident report. Until then, We have yet more thought showering to overcome to perform our escape.

END LOG

Ensign

Postby Megan Fenn » Thu Mar 12, 2015 11:09 am

The sound of the automatic door behind Wren didn’t phase her as she stepped into her flat that had been empty for a long while. Dust was beginning to collect atop everything as she stepped in. The light’s groaned as they struggled to turn on like they had been sleeping for years. Everything in this age was automatic but didn’t mean it didn’t go rusty when not used. The atmosphere of the place was disturbed and dust particles were kicked up by the fresh air coming in to over take the stuffiness. Everything just how she left it. Piles of books everywhere but they were the only things out of place. The rest was neat and well ordered. Alphabetical. Arranged. Tidy. Photo’s that portrayed memories slightly faded from the sun and ornaments that had once been triggers for memories, now lost for cues. The semantics of them gone with time away. The flat was abandoned and would be again by tomorrow. A quick look around the place and she tried to figure what to do first. A little further in triggered everything electrical to fire up and little blinking lights flashed all over the place. Her computer, her communicator, her television, her phone and more. The place took a breath in of life.

She had had this place since she moved out of her mother’s place many a years ago and it had been her solitude through all jobs, boyfriends and trials. She had come here to write her first ever Log back when she had taken the Kobayashi Maru with the Saturn crew. When she had received her letter of commendation from the Admiral and when she had received her acceptance onto the Saturn. Yet this time felt different. Maybe it had something to do with her new assignment. Her new /permanent/ assignment. She placed her keys down on her table and reached over her shoulder to start unzipping the dress that she had been given to replace her ruined uniform. Once a little undone, she reach up behind her back to undo the rest. Rolling the sleeves off her shoulders, she let the dress drop off her small body and she headed to the bedroom and then ensuite bathroom. She needed a shower. Bad.

When the Saturn had gone out of commission, Wren had been sure she was never going to be a doctor again. She would find something else to follow as a career in her shore leave, but nothing had peaked her interest. That one half the reason she took the job offer to assess the Bremen team. She had never in a thousand stars ever figure she would be becoming a Medical Officer again. She hadn’t wanted to be. The incident with the USS Saturn had terminated any sort of want in her to be responsible for lives. She hold someone’s everything in her hand and be responsible for if they live or die. It was a pressure she was no longer capable of taking on. Yet, but an hour earlier, when the Admiral informed her that she would be being assigned to the USS Bremen which was now back up and running, she liked it. Maybe it was the meeting the crew that regained her confidence or maybe it was a little time away from the job. Regardless, she was glad to be back in her place. Some may find it strange, but she had no aspiration to become Chief Medical Officer. She was completely satisfied with Medical officer. It was the top of her career ladder.

Finishing up her shower, drying off and brushing her hair, she slid on her new uniform. Her’s had been ruined. She somewhat preferred this one. The one she had before had been her uniform for the Saturn. This was her Bremen uniform. It symbolized a new phase in her life. A new job. A new start.

A quick look at the clock told her she had a few hours left before she would be needed. A quick look at her PADD told her all the crew’s medical assessment’s were uploaded. Oh, Tony has a new leg. One of the fancy ones. She wasn't much of engineer so if it broke, she was sure he’d be able to deal with it, but she knew prosthetic's and she was sure this one would probably suit him better than his old one. The new Captain’s files came through too. She would have a peek at them later when they were actually on the ship and she was acquainted with the Sick bay.

Preparing a quick update to send to her sister and her mother, she once again turned all of her things around her flat off and with her equipment and packed things, she went to visit her friend before she would be needed to report for duty.

Commander

Postby Aoibhe Ni » Thu Mar 12, 2015 3:34 pm

Very nice log, Megan.
I admired at the bit about the Saturn, and her new uniform. Really nostalgic. :)

Ensign

Postby Megan Fenn » Thu Mar 12, 2015 3:40 pm

Aoibhe Ni wrote:Very nice log, Megan.
I admired at the bit about the Saturn, and her new uniform. Really nostalgic. :)

Thanks A ^^

Ensign

Postby Megan Fenn » Thu Mar 26, 2015 7:23 pm

Personal log: Stardate: 11503.19

Would you believe me if I told you we celebrated Christmas in my family? Yes. We did. You see only my mother and half-sister were Vulcan, the rest human. Every year. I can give you a glimpse of what it was like? It is like being the only person in sick bay and there being 6 MACOs standing around doing nothing.

Nothing.

I dislike guns. I dislike useless men. I dislike being watched and monitored. I understand that there is a threat, which has become active as war was ship wide announced, but sick bay is a place for health and safety. Six men with guns do not belong there. If I wanted to be surrounded by guns and silent men, I would have taken a job on my sister's ship.

It is fair to say, I dislike the choice made by the Admiral but I understand it had to be made.

Ensign

Re: MED Ensign Wren

Postby Megan Fenn » Thu Apr 16, 2015 10:41 am

Stardate:11504.02
Having recollected her PADD and her resolve, Wren tried to keep her feet as she stepped out into the main area of the sickbay. She had to say part of her was pleased to have Doctor Tomesu back, the other made her feel untrusted. Then again, it was her first day back on the job and they were about to step into war. It was all hands on deck and all the spare hands were needed. Until then though, there were things to see to. Like that MACO that was pacing like he just couldn't get comfortable. She stood watching his pace for a few moments, seeing if maybe he was clammy or not walking straight. The quickest way would be a blood test.
"What is your name?" She called to the MACO that was pacing the room. The MACO's pace slowed briefly, then resumed as before. He glanced at her as he executed a tight turn close to the far wall.
"That's a personal question," he explained monotonously. "I'm not on your crew." He marched past the door once more making it swish open. "And because I'm not on your crew, you..." he turned again and began retracing his steps. "... don't need to know my personal details." Wren watched the MACO and a spark of hope came when he slowed but then he sped up again and that door just kept making noise.
"Ok. I shall just call you Number Six and I will have no way of getting your Medical file out from the hundred others of you that are in here. " She told him with a gesture of her hand toward the PADD she held in her hand.
"Yes ma'am..." he intoned lightly. "We're all in peak physical condition." He kept on walking. "This patrolling for instance... Not knocking a feather out of me."
"If you are, then you wouldn't mind me taking a blood sample for my own reassurance. I want to make sure if you are here to protect myself and the other doctor Ren, that we really are safe. " she asked, tilting her head to the other side, watching his further pacing. It was really annoying but it was now past annoying and beginning to be infuriating. "Why are you pacing?"
"Look, doll. I'm sure you're a real swell dame, but I'm not here to play guinea pig. I'm here to guard this entrance. And while I might enjoy playing the odd game of 'find the hypospray' with a pretty doctor when I'm off duty, I'm not interested right now."
Being called doll made Wren square up and her features tighten.
"Oh what a wonderful respect you have for your doctors. And for future reference. It is in the compartments. I think the doctor you have been playing with has you fooled. I am not looking to play or practise. I am just concerned."
"Be concerned all you like, sugar ears, but I ain't leaving," he swung his head to the side, smiling at his counterpart who was silently watching from outside the chief's office door. "Maybe try him instead. He hasn't got my way with the ladies... but..." he shrugged, winked and continued pacing.
"Sugar ears. How childishly creative of you. You certainly have a way with the ladies, and it's that's way. " she gestured her hand toward the floor before putting it back on her PADD. "I will make you a deal. You stand still and stop pacing, and I won't stick you with a needle anyway. I'm not looking for a test subject. I want to know exactly what it is that is making you behave like you have trouble with your rear end." She glanced over her shoulder at the other MACO by the office and back.
He exchanged a glance with his partner by the office door, nodding to him. "She wants to know why I'm pacing," he explained unnecessarily.
The office MACO groaned. "Don't make me tell her," he intoned with distaste.
"Has to be done, if the lady wants to know, the lady should know the story..."
"It's your story."
"And it hurts to tell it, so you do it."
The MACO by the office door sighed and acquiesced. "He," he began, addressing Wren as his partner continued with his pacing. "... was on the front line on the Disjanji conflict. You heard of it?"
Wren's attention was now divided between the two MACO's as she took a few steps back and blinked softly as she looked between them. She pulled her PADD up to wrap her arms around it as her attention finally fell on the MACO from the office as he began the story. She shook her head softly and blinked again. "No Sir. " She said simply.
"It was a horrible fight between two warring factions for the ownership of this... I wanna say swamp?" he looked at his marching friend for confirmation.
"More of a marsh..." he corrected.
"OK, so this marsh... Number Six over there, and his platoon were stationed in front of a kid's hospital-"
"It was an old school building on the edge of the water..."
"Right, full of little kids with big eyes and bigger smiles... anyway, night was falling, right?" he checked with Number Six.
"It was dusk, yea..."
"And the bombs, the phaser sniping had died down for the day, it appeared..."
It was like listening to two old men tell a war story between them, but while they were talking, he mind was off the swooshing door and the imminent thought of going into a space area filled with casualties. Beside that, she liked hearing stories and this was something she didn't know about. He looked away from the office MACO only when Number six made corrections.
"So, right.. everything was quiet, visibility at a low, too dark to see, too bright for augmented visuals yet... and Number Six is at the edge of the waterline, right? He was the western look out, and he stops to eat. Thinking "well, at least there's no shelling", OK? So. He stops and eats-"
"-And out of nowhere I hear this tiny sound. It sounded like a mosquito, just this little 'fzzz' noise passing by my ear, and next thing anyone can remember was seeing the building in flames. The bastards had blown up the school. I stopped patrolling..." Number Six said, his face etched with emotion suddenly. "The bastards were hiding just out of sight. If I'd just kept moving I'd have seen them across the water..."
Wren suddenly frowned at the hospital bombing. Some war zones could really be brutal even in an age where violent nature had been eradicated. She was a little surprised that number six had suddenly took on the story. This told her more than he would think about him. Number Six stared at Wren.
"Happy now?"
"I do not retain the capacity. " she stated plainly before stepping over and touching his arm gently. "Had you told me your name, I could have saved you both a story. " she told him before gesturing to the automatic door. "Pace all you like. Just stay away from the door."
His attention moved from her face to her hand on his arm. "I have my orders, doll..." he replied, his old bravado returning. He winked at her and moved off, continuing his weary march back and forth.
Wren arched a brow, though with the Vulcan shape of them, it was hardly an arch. More of a lift or a tilt. She stepped away from the matching marine and went to sit at the consoles, opening up her PADD.
There was possibly a stronger understanding between Wren and 'number six' now, but it made her no less bothered by the large amount of guns. Yet it did make her less irritated by the presents of the MACO's themselves and the pacing of one.

Commander

Postby Einar S » Thu Apr 16, 2015 1:27 pm

that was a great log :) really enjoyed the setting and storytelling !
Captain Jonathan Rome
Commanding Officer
USS Hyperion

Ensign

Postby Megan Fenn » Sat Apr 18, 2015 4:25 pm

I wish I could claim credit for it, but it was A haha

Previous

Return to Spacedock