MED Ensign Wren

This is a Forum-Only Station. Do you have an inactive character that you want to write about? Is your character being transferred somewhere else, or fresh out of the Academy? This is where you write logs or start something creative with your fellow players either on Spacedock, orbiting Earth, or elsewhere in the STE universe.

Moderator: James Greenman

Ensign

Character Name: Wren

MED Ensign Wren

Postby Megan Fenn » Sun Nov 09, 2014 1:00 am

It had been a little under a year since the USS Saturn had been decommissioned and with it it's crew removed from active duty, including her from her position as MED. Some moved on to another career, some were assigned to new ships, but Wren had taken the chance to take a break. Breath. Visit family. Sounds strange for someone like her but that was what she did. She took the holiday time off, but less than a week previously, she had put in a request with Starfleet that she be brought back to active duty on board a ship. They had told her that they would try to find her something that she will be useful in but without a lot of pressure. Ease her back into the space life.
Today she had spent the day looking through old log's of hers and thinking about the past. A funny idea really as she was hoping she would be able to make the future just as memorable.
She was sat on the end of her bed in a slim fitted but turtle-necked grey dress, no shoes or socks on. The dress had once belonged to her mother in a time when she dated her father but old bad thoughts impregnated the dress and this allowed for Wren to take ownership of it. It went to a good home. She was looking through an old paper book she had been reading in her spare time called " The invention of Hugo Cabret " That was written hundreds of years ago. It had really intrigued her, that a boy should find himself only confronted with the inevitability that he had no one and did not understand why. A boy who's only lead through the path back to civilization was found in a girl and her godparents and that upon making friends with the girl, she is able to help him fix something that not even his father could fix. A beautiful story.
She was reading a rather exciting part of the book when her PADD bleeped to alert her that she had a message. She was not too put forth by it until she saw who it was from. Immediately opening it up.

Stardate 11411.08

TO: Ensign Wren

By order of Starfleet Command you are hereby assigned to the U.S.S. Bremen as per Starfleet Transfer Regulation SFR-02-0933-3440, on Stardate 11411.08.

Congratulations, Ensign. Starfleet Command wishes you the best of luck in your new assignment.

Admiral Ralph Berlin
Starfleet Command

Once she read it she smiled softly. She was going back to work and she couldn't be more excited. Well, would she have been fully human she may have seemed more excited, but she was as happy as possible tha she was getting back out there with her job. She needed it. So excited about the news she opened up com straight away to her mother.
"Hello."
"Hello, mother? You will never believe..."
Last edited by Megan Fenn on Thu Apr 16, 2015 10:38 am, edited 1 time in total.

Commander

Re: AUX Ensign Wren

Postby Einar S » Mon Nov 10, 2014 1:28 am

very excited to meet her! :) welcome aboard!
Captain Jonathan Rome
Commanding Officer
USS Hyperion

Ensign

Postby Megan Fenn » Thu Nov 20, 2014 11:34 am

Acting External Councillor and Medical Assistant - Personal Log - Stardate 11411.13

I can not yet update my duty log as I have not begun my work. I have only been on this ship an hour and already I see a lot of trouble. Nothing that I have seen would put anyone in physical danger, but as I say this, we are yet to leave off. There are certainly a lot of character’s here, including the ship itself. It is… Uncomfortable. I managed to find quarter's that didn’t have a phaser hole in the door and it is relatively clean. I could not request any more than that.

Seeing a team on a ship together, reminds me of my old crew. The missions we underwent and the times we troubled. My time away had distanced me from the memories, but now I have no choice but to face them. The Saturn would remain just that for now. A memory.

This evening I shall be checking over the files one last time of all the crew, before approaching them all. I feel it would be inadequate to approach them with little prior knowledge of their experience. I think I will see the Doctor first as I do believe I will need to assess him first. He was the one to first hand experience Suder’s death and that sort of experience does not lay lightly on anyone. It can be a heavy burden that can bring a man to breaking point. Then I will be speaking to the Captain. That is where the Admiral wished for me to focus my attention.

Irrelevant of my work, I spoke to my mother before leaving. She… was unenthusiastic about me taking the job. My place should be with my race. My place should be finding an adun. It would be petty for me to say that I was jealous of my sister, Remi, but that would be the human in me speaking. She has been allowed to climb all the way to Captain of her own ship. I wished to become a Medical Officer and my Mother is unpleased. She said I was drawing attention to the shame of my family. That she had had a daughter with a human. That I should keep to myself and live the way a Vulcan should.

Here on this lanka'gar, I find this is where I want to be. As beaten down as it is, In space is definitely where I want to be. It has taken me a year to figure it out, but I have.

End Log

Commander

Postby Einar S » Thu Nov 20, 2014 12:24 pm

great log :) Can be hard writing a Vulcan character but you do it perfectly
Captain Jonathan Rome
Commanding Officer
USS Hyperion

Ensign

Postby Megan Fenn » Mon Nov 24, 2014 10:47 am

Acting External Councillor and Medical Assistant - Personal Log - Stardate 11411.20
There is not a substantial amount of information about my personal welfare to record here, beside that I am cold. It does not happen easily, but I am cold. A ship that is designed to feel like we are standing on the sun because the Klingon like it that way is freezing. Also, I was happy to have gotten a chance today to speak to a few of the crew. There were further issues with the ship before we made a move so I felt those who were busy, were best left busy. Beside my medical opinion, I have to say these are all well-adjusted crew members. Time will tell.
End Log

Acting External Councillor and Medical Assistant - Duty Log - Stardate 11411.20
To say I have these people tapped would be an incredible lie. There are many different types of people here and many different coping mechanisms’ going on. My worry was foremost on the Doctor, who had witnessed the death then un-allowed a mourning period as he had to face yet another Captain on the biobed. He said it himself. He had no choice. Maybe that was good for him. Maybe not. I can’t know until he faces his first major medical emergency. I will know for fact how he is out of reserved mental state then, and only then. So until then, I will only be an assistant to him and maybe lend an ear. He is Betazoid after all.
Something else. I notice most of the crew is human. I have no problem with that of course, but I merely point it out because It makes my job a little easier. Had I have to employ a wide range of xenopsychology then I would be here forever waiting for the Klingon to talk to me, or for the cardassian to not stare while I talk and give few replies. The fact that beside a few, the crew is human, means I only have to employ Psychology and I have a reasonable idea of how they may or may not be feeling. I cannot make assumptions though. I have to do a thorough investigation.
I can say that I do not like this ship. I would have much rather a federation ship, but the Captain already appears to be a bit of a wild one. The CEO too. If I remember, He was close with the ex-Captain.
We will not truly know how any of these people will cope in the field until they get into the field.
End Log

Wren sat on her bunk for a moment after the Log closed on her PADD and looked around the room. The old cliché. ‘Had you told me I would be on a Klingon Bird of Prey now a year ago, I’d of said your nuts.’ Wren wasn’t a ‘sucker’ for cliché’s but this was necessary. She was wrapped up lightly with the blanket from her bed and her skin had gone light green, like human’s went white when they were cold. She may not like the ship. But she could come to like the crew.

Commander

Postby Einar S » Mon Nov 24, 2014 11:28 am

The Captain is nuts, yes. I agree
Captain Jonathan Rome
Commanding Officer
USS Hyperion

Site Admin
That would be unwise

Character Name: Rhodri "Griff" Griffiths

Postby James Greenman » Mon Nov 24, 2014 2:14 pm

I prefer the term 'Quirky'. :colbert:
Star Trek: Engage Game Manager

Game Director -Sigma Rho Station & U.S.S. Sentinel

Ensign

Postby Megan Fenn » Mon Dec 01, 2014 11:05 am

Acting External Councillor and Medical Assistant - Duty Log - Stardate 11411.27

The ship underwent a rather unusual event today. As strange and unpredictable the event was, It gave me chance to see how the crew fared in the chance of an unusual event. The fact that it was strange made it all the more easy to assess them. It is one thing to fix something you are trained to fix, but another to fix something unseen. I myself have never seen a ship become invisible right under our feet, yet we were as visible as a hand before a face. I do not think that is how the expression goes, but never the less. I got a reasonable look at the teams conditions.

I have to say, this crew has dealt well this the passing difficulties. So far I have seen them applying their knowledge and not giving up. I have seen them getting hands on to fix the problem they faced, and beside a minor injury that was very well dealt with by the doctor, the ship was under control once more. Initiative was used, which indicates a clear and thoughtful mind. This is a good sign.

I am happy to say at this point, so far, the doctor seems, perfectly capable of his duties and I hope he remains so. Though I fear what may happen next time he faces a tatality. We will face that when he gets there.

My main focus is obviously, still mainly the Captain, but that would all be well, once I speak to him.

Concise details will be in my final report.

End Log.

Commander

Postby Aoibhe Ni » Wed Dec 03, 2014 2:51 am

"We will face that when he gets there."

...anyone else think Wren is planning to kill someone?!

Ensign

Postby Megan Fenn » Wed Jan 28, 2015 9:08 am

Acting External Councillor and Medical Assistant - Duty Log - Stardate 11501.15

I am unsure if I had been any sort of help up until current moment. I have no upper hand in negotiation and as of yet, I have had nothing yet to do. I am of course, still examining the crew but right now, I think this is my last priority. Having been shot down and crashed, then collected by a seeming sentient computer system, we non-humans have been separated from the humans of the crew. For some sort of experiment that required the CEO to give up his cybernetic leg, I’ll bet unwillingly. The computer thinks it is a doctor.

This holodeck would be nice if it was not so obviously a holodeck. It has made no effort to be a convincing haven for us to remain in while the experiment is under went by our colleagues. This is the conclusion at which we came to and that is why we have devised a hopeful plan to escape. It appeared that the computer, now dubbed ‘The Voice’, Is fully prepared to give us anything we want but whatever it is always appears to be old. 21st century old. With some tools and such other items, we have coaxed our way into acquiring the necessary equipment to perform our escape. Unusually, It was I who compiled the plan with the help of an idea from Jameson. An odd occurrence for I, for I have no electrical training or any sort of ahead experience beside a television show that used to show while I lived on Earth. It seems we can learn from humans.

To my knowledge, Jameson is attempting to put together and perform the escape with my suggestion, honoured am I. I have nothing else to report beside the Doctor seems to be getting a little sick of the place. Let us hope we escape soon over later.

End Log

Next

Return to Spacedock