XO LtCmdr Thomas Marsland

Forum for the Sigma Rho, running every Sunday at 1900 PST/Monday at 0300 UTC. Talk about your missions and your crewmates here, or feel free to post your logs for everyone to read.

Moderator: James Greenman

Commander

Re: NAV LtCmdr Thomas Marsland

Postby Aoibhe Ni » Wed Sep 03, 2014 12:37 pm

Gotta admit, I have been watching the drama with York unfold since he came aboard. I read last week's and this week's transcript, loved Marsland's reaction on the bridge, and I cannot wait to see what happens next!
Great log, Tom. More please.

Lieutenant

Postby Thomas Marsland » Wed Sep 17, 2014 10:40 pm

Spiders. I hate spiders. Marsland had stormed off the bridge, spending much of his time since in Astrometrics. He was frustrated. They had no clue what him and York had been through, no clue as to the story behind the punch. They'd learn eventually. Learn and understand.

Commander

Postby Einar S » Wed Sep 17, 2014 11:10 pm

Holy crap. Do I need Security in Sickbay?
Captain Jonathan Rome
Commanding Officer
USS Hyperion

Commander

Postby Aoibhe Ni » Fri Sep 19, 2014 10:27 am

Nah. Whatever York did now, he probably deserves it.

Lieutenant

Postby Thomas Marsland » Mon Sep 22, 2014 11:15 pm

Nah - this had more to do with him being scolded for punching York in the first place than anything else.

Commander

Postby Einar S » Mon Sep 22, 2014 11:18 pm

:frogcool:
Captain Jonathan Rome
Commanding Officer
USS Hyperion

Lieutenant

Postby Thomas Marsland » Tue Oct 14, 2014 1:28 am

Duty Log, Stardate 11410.06

Shan Aran has requested asylum, a move I completely agree with. The rock we found him on isn't owned by the government that wants him dead - it's only fair this be handled through diplomatic relations. There's plenty of legal precedent for this in the history of the Federation, so let's let our diplomats deal with this. Besides, I'm looking forward to taking Victoria out when we hit Starbase 123.

End Log

Lieutenant

Postby Thomas Marsland » Mon Oct 20, 2014 9:44 pm

It's a rare thing when I get down to Astrometrics, but it sure is nice.

Tom sat in the middle of the large space on the Sovereign-Class starship, watching the galaxy around him. And think, this is only one of those galaxies. So much more out there to explore.. and one day we'll see so much more.

To him, Starfleet had turned inward as of late. He hoped for a deep space exploration mission at some point in the near future. Seek out new life, and new civilizations... That's what Zefram Cochrane said in his speech so many years ago.. are we past that point in our life? I hope not...

Tom sat calmly, watching the stars turn about him. The holography in Astrometrics was amazing, it was so easy to lose yourself in ... Bridge to Astrometrics. Navigator to the Bridge.

I'm on my way.

Rising, he sighed. Perhaps I'll get lost further another day.

Lieutenant

Postby Thomas Marsland » Mon Oct 27, 2014 9:56 pm

Duty Log, LtCmdr Marsland

I've begun submitting my requests to the Exec and Captain for outfitting our Stellar Cartography Lab. Looking forward to seeing what equipment we can get. Hopefully we can get going on some pure exploratory missions soon. I'm also requesting to attend Command School back at SF Academy when the Sentinel gets some downtime. I've been giving it quite a bit of thought, and would like to further my career beyond Navigation at some point. That being said, I'm in no rush. I know I still have a lot to learn.. and any time I can stick it out here on the Sentinel with our Chief Medical Officer to poke fun at will be good fun indeed.

End Log.

Lieutenant

Postby Thomas Marsland » Mon Nov 03, 2014 9:55 pm

Duty Log, LtCmdr Marsland

With the Captain and Exec busy planning our upkeep, I continued to review our requisitions for the Stellar Cartography Lab. Things are going according to plan, and I expect us to be underway soon.

End Log.

Begin Recording Personal Log.

I finally got back at York. Now to see if he offers a drink, or wants to up the ante.

End Log.

PreviousNext

Return to Sigma Rho