CO Commander Nikolay Yeremenko

This is a Forum-Only Station. Do you have an inactive character that you want to write about? Is your character being transferred somewhere else, or fresh out of the Academy? This is where you write logs or start something creative with your fellow players either on Spacedock, orbiting Earth, or elsewhere in the STE universe.

Moderator: James Greenman

Ensign

CO Commander Nikolay Yeremenko

Postby Swiss Knight » Wed Jun 18, 2014 7:49 am

Stardate 11406.22

Commander Nikolay Yeremenko stood in his ready room going over all the details of the scene before him. Just behind the Commader, members of the engineering team stood nervously, not sure if they should be doing anything. Finally Nickolay brushed a hand through his hair and turned to face the lead engineer.

“So you’re telling me all the diagnostics are coming back positive.” Commander Yeremenko began.

“Well, technically they’re coming back negative sir, which is to say they are showing no problems. As far as we can tell the system is working perfectly.” The lead engineer replied in a manner that was just slightly too rapid, betraying her nervousness.

Yeremenko frowned. “You don’t think maybe there’s something we’re missing, like a hidden hatch or Jefferies Tube or something that allows access?”

The engineer checked her PADD briefly before stating “The Starfleet issued VSS-9001 Aquarium is completely independent of the ship’s systems. There’d be no reason to include an access panel integrated into the ready room wall.”

Yeremenko crouched down and peered into the aquarium further, a small array of fish swam before him. “Well I can think of one reason” he said slowly “I have no idea how to feed these fish and apparently neither do you”

Another engineer hidden in the group behind Yeremenko came forward. “Perhaps it’s automated sir?”

Yeremenko casually waved the idea aside, “No replicator unit in this thing, at least we assume there isn't. Have we still not found the technical specifications?”

Another engineer spoke up, Yeremenko reminded himself that he needed to get better remembering names. “The ready room aquarium was not in the original Sovereign Class schematics. We’re still trying to figure out which department or engineering team installed it”

Yeremnko stood, his eyes remained fixated on the fish tank. “We’re supposed to be on our merry way in just a few hours. I don’t want to be the first starship captain in the fleet who has to turn around after a day because all his fish died.” Yeremenko paused. “We’re positive this isn't a hologram right? These are actual fish?”

An engineer, almost as nervous as the first took a few steps forward “No sir, the ships internal systems are registering 12 aquatic life forms in the vicinity of the aquarium. “

Yeremenko stood at the fish tank for a few more minutes. The team behind him exchanging glances. Finally, he turned once more to them.
“Which is the closest Starship in the yards at the moment?” he asked.

Immediately a crewman began. “The USS Polaris sir, just off aft starboard.”

Yeremenko straightened his uniform and began walking back out to the hallway. “Inform the USS Polaris we’ll be initiating a ship to ship transporter sequence.”

“What’s the cargo sir?” someone stammered.

“12 fish” Yeremenko yelled from the corridor, already outside. “They’ll be somebody else’s problem now!”

Yeremenko walked swiftly through the corridors, his small support staff trailing slightly behind him. He had spent 2 hours trying to figure out how the fish tank worked. If anything actually important was wrong with the ship, he was going to be in trouble.

Commander

Re: CO Commander Nikolay Yeremenko

Postby Einar S » Wed Jun 18, 2014 10:55 am

hahahah this has got to be my favorite log of all time. Damn I really need to get on this ship!
Captain Jonathan Rome
Commanding Officer
USS Hyperion

Site Admin
That would be unwise

Character Name: Rhodri "Griff" Griffiths

Postby James Greenman » Wed Jun 18, 2014 12:55 pm

Bahahahahahahahahaha

Swiss, I agree with Einar. Easily one of my most favourite logs.
Star Trek: Engage Game Manager

Game Director -Sigma Rho Station & U.S.S. Sentinel

Lieutenant

Postby Jack Lucas » Wed Jun 18, 2014 1:04 pm

That's the funniest log I've ever read.

ImageImageImageImageImageImage

Commander

Postby Aoibhe Ni » Wed Jun 18, 2014 1:45 pm

... How had no-one ever done this before!? It's genius.
Fantastic log, Swiss!
I laughed, I snorted... Can't wait to see more of our newest Captain.

Lieutenant
IT'S BEEN A LONG ROAD

Character Name: Raqiin sh'Hruvek

Postby Shawna F » Wed Jun 18, 2014 6:30 pm

I think I'm going to like Commander Yeremenko quite a bit. :bandwagon:
CSO Lt Raqiin sh'Hruvek - USS Bremen NCC-12428
XO LtCmdr Vikram Baudin - USS Sentinel NCC-79088 / S.T.A.R. Taskforce Sigma

Ensign

Postby Swiss Knight » Sat Jul 19, 2014 6:46 am

Stardate 11407.18

Nick shuffled around uncomfortably in his chair and then remembered he probably shouldn’t. He had hear a loud click from it earlier and now it seemed to tilt ever so little to the right. The last thing that would inspire confidence from the crew is him toppling over from a broken chair. Even so, there was precious little to do but wait and see how events played out.

The whole situation seemed better suited to a holonovel then his first day at command. A powerless ship, the entire crew missing save three survivors who had no knowledge of what had happened and now the away team was reporting doors opening and closing at random, and foreboding messages written on consoles.

Nick had expected at the very least a few weeks to get familiarized with the ship, this was hardly ideal. He leaned back in his chair, very careful to distribute most of his weight to the left. He was positive now, the chair was leaning very slightly to the right. Should he call somebody? Would he be judged for wanting engineering to take look at his chair? He didn’t know. Instead he remained perfectly still for a few minutes, not daring to wiggle the chair in any way. Everything seemed okay, he relaxed slightly and focused his attention back to the viewscreen. The Maubry was still there, no real update at all, not that he had expected any. The away team wasn’t due to report in again for a few minutes.

Captain Yeremenko was even less familiar with his crew than he was with his ship, but for the most part they seemed to be of good character. Ensign Vikram Baudin in particular, who even now was leading the away team and Ilia sh'Tolar who had restored the Maubry’s power were conducting themselves expertly. Nick was a little less sure about Ensign D'Mera who seemed to be so nervous that every time she spoke it was like she was nearly completely out of breath.

Nick adjusted himself in his chair again, accidentally shifting to the right and there was another sudden clicking sound. “Oh god” he thought. At that precise moment he would rather have been there on the Maubry, searching for salt vampires, drakoulian fur beasts, hengra ice monsters, or whatever else than face the possibility he had broken his chair.

Site Admin
That would be unwise

Character Name: Rhodri "Griff" Griffiths

Postby James Greenman » Sat Jul 19, 2014 3:48 pm

I think Starfleet need to start going to a differenr manufacturer for these chairs.

Great log, Swiss!
Star Trek: Engage Game Manager

Game Director -Sigma Rho Station & U.S.S. Sentinel

Ensign

Postby Swiss Knight » Wed Oct 01, 2014 4:09 pm

Stardate 11409.30

When he had first met Shan A'ran, Commander Yeremenko had considered execution a suitable treatment for her impetuous, bubbly and all too giddy personality. Now that this was an actual possibility, Yeremenko was slightly depressed to find that his morals had kicked in and was now forced to save this woman, no matter how annoying and possibility mischievous she might be. He’d rather be shooting torpedos at those spiders again.

He had always had strong opinions on coincidences. People who believed there were no coincidences would find themselves chasing all manner of nonsense in a futile attempt to find meaning. Yet those who only saw coincidences we’re blind to the patterns and rules that guided the universe. “I believe in coincidences, coincidences happen every day, but I don’t trust coincidences.” This was the saying that guided Yeremenko, and when it came to the myriad of systems glitches, missing parts, the rapidly increasing reports from sickbay, combined with the revelation that their new guest Shan was some sort of criminal, well Yeremenko sure didn’t trust that coincidence. He might be forced to save this woman, but he didn’t have to like it.

Yeremenko stood in front of his empty aquarium, he could see now the appeal of fish, maybe at some point he would refill it. Earlier he had received reports that some fool had brought a Targ on board. Maybe those things could swim.

Commander

Postby Einar S » Wed Oct 01, 2014 4:15 pm

haha good log Swiss. Thoroughly enjoyed it
Captain Jonathan Rome
Commanding Officer
USS Hyperion

Next

Return to Spacedock